What is for the PvE player to do?

• What is for the PvE player to do?

Before the expected flames come, let me preface this by saying that I fully understand the point of this world is to be a Sandbox and was designed for people who want to PvP and GvG more than the PvE grind to get gear. I understand as a "carebear" I am a guest in your world and that there are limits I will never be able to reach without venturing out into those forms of interaction. What's more, I do not think the devs should cater to my playstyle, nor do I think they should waste resources, best used for advancing the game as it was intended, making the world more comfy for me. I amnot seeing special treatment or advocating that the world be changed to suit me.

That said, my question is:

Are there things for me to do beyond the Tier 6 group instance that only have PvE components to them? Yes there is crafting but that is limited by zones where you can be killed and lose stuff. I'm just curious if there are dungeons or such or other activities in game that someone like me can enjoy without the threat of being PKed. If the answer is "no", that's fine, I'm just curious to find out if I am missing out on things the game has that I have not discovered that would fit my playstyle.

See this isn't a pro-PvE or anti-PvP rant. I'm just looking to see how a sweet healer-type who doesn't enjoy fighting real people can make the most of her experience in your sandbox!

Thank you!
  • The end bosses are actually not bad over all and you can not kill them by just gear power or raw numbers. If you can get to the point of actually having a decent group to get into a raid and kill a boss it's worth it some decent money. And if i recall dev's saying there will be raid artifacts incoming as well or something along those lines. The raid bosses are the only way to get upgrades to T8 mounts that give them skills.
  • DagnyTaggart wrote:

So stuff is coming... that's cool.

Not sure what you mean by end bosses. Been doing the Tier 6 group raids, is that what you're referring to?
    So when you open the world map and zoom out you see those signs like morgana raven, skull and the druidic circles across the world.

If you zoom in on those you can see a big NPC figure.

Those are faction raid bosses that spawn at certain times every now and then, clicking on the zone will tell you when is the next time the boss will spawn. The raid zones are comprised of large amounts of veteran and elite mobs that you gotta hack your way thru to reach the raid boss. The raid zones are hot spots for PvP as well since the amount of fame, silver and other drops are substantial from the mobs and mini raid bosses in the zone as well.
  • Yeah as he mentioned the World bosses and Dungeons are currently the main point when not playing with others. Playing with others is the main incentive and guild play, I am sure that there is a lot of PvE in the works due to the sheer volume of people asking for it (Supply and Demand is a thing in games too).

But I am sure that it will be coming in due time. Too many people desire it
  • Sabukuia wrote:

Yeah as he mentioned the World bosses and Dungeons are currently the main point when not playing with others. Playing with others is the main incentive and guild play, I am sure that there is a lot of PvE in the works due to the sheer volume of people asking for it (Supply and Demand is a thing in games too).

Except no one is really answering her question here. Sidestepping around it really. She is not interested not going to partake in PvPing - nor be at risk of it.

With that being said, they will more than likely not implement PvE T7 and above in safe zones. For obvious reasons, this belongs to those who are out there defending the best territories to keep in the game and near these dungeons/raids. So if you're never going to put yourself at risk, my assumption is not too much more variety will be added for you. That's not to say they don't add another T4 expedition in 3 months, but I don't think that's all you're longing for.
  • Speakmore wrote:

Sabukuia wrote:

Yeah as he mentioned the World bosses and Dungeons are currently the main point when not playing with others. Playing with others is the main incentive and guild play, I am sure that there is a lot of PvE in the works due to the sheer volume of people asking for it (Supply and Demand is a thing in games too).

Except no one is really answering her question here. Sidestepping around it really. She is not interested not going to partake in PvPing - nor be at risk of it.
    With that being said, they will more than likely not implement PvE T7 and above in safe zones. For obvious reasons, this belongs to those who are out there defending the best territories to keep in the game and near these dungeons/raids. So if you're never going to put yourself at risk, my assumption is not too much more variety will be added for you. That's not to say they don't add another T4 expedition in 3 months, but I don't think that's all you're longing for.
    Thanks for hearing me and the honest reply. There are lots of games to play and I love many aspects of this one, just wanted to make sure I am not missing obvious things. I want to be part of the world just not into the rush of human combat!

Rhaegor wrote:

The PvE in this game is terrible. This is a PvP game. You only PvE as a means to an end, not for fun. It is miserable and boring and you do it for silver or to unlock masteries via fame.
    Thank you. I wouldn't say the PvE is terrible, I just understand it's not the focus of the game. I knew that going in and I'm not complaining at all, just making sure I see all my options :)
  • You don't really 'grind gear' in this game in any event. You grow your destiny tree. All the resources and the gear are just fodder. I would say that the instanced content in this game is pretty much filler. The return is negligible. If you want to level your gear, go out and kill bears in a yellow or red zone.

The concepts of PVP and PVE are actually kind of tired. The thing to do is PwE (play within environment), and that can include fighting other players, NPCs, beasts and (I suppose) in the dungeons. What people who are successful at having fun do is just plain P. Get around in the world, play with the game's mechanics, figure out what you think is success and go for it.
  • So, coming into this game you should also understand what the developers mean when they say "niche" market. That specific market is people who thrive on full loot pvp, as well as huge guild vs guild drama. I really think that the "PvE/PvP" content like hellgates and such are awesome. Adds another level of thrill to the experience.

I do however really enjoy their non pvp content, and hope to see more, same as you. Try the pvp/pve out with some friends though, I'm sure you'll like it
  • You could also play the merchant/day trader.

In the Beta, my guild was comprised of a logos mix of both PvE and PvP types. There was one girl who's love for the game was found via running from market to market whilst drawing up a spread sheet. She'd buy low and sell high, then sell to guildies for a price in between.

A few others like myself who were somewhere in the middle of a PvE/P'er would spend hours gathering resources, and crafting. We'd make caravan runs with the serious PvP'ers up into the black zone which was a solid way of easing into it.

I'm a former Dread Lord who left UO with 150 days red, but I certainly didn't get my taste for blood straight away. I guess, I'm just throwing out another style of play, gathering. Hell, I even knew one girl in game who was the mother of a newborn son, for whatever reason one day I helped her kill some pack of mobs. She gave me all her materials farmed that day and so on. She said she found peace in simply running around gathering resources
    Stanimal of the Free Trade Company
  • Pve is insane in albion just because of the fact (as long as its in red or black or even hellgate) that you have to always be on your feet ready to get ganked. So you cant just facetank aoes . You cant take free dmg and put more pressure on your healer . Even playing a tank with op gear i always dodge the aoes so i wont put pressure on the mana pool of my healer. The bad guys are around the corner waiting for you to pull and wipe you. So i can say the pve in this game is really good and really profitable especially in the blackzone.

Yesterday we did 6 people t5 blackzone dungeon. We saw 2 blobs on the minimap. We said fuck it yolo lets go get as much fame as possible and if we find them we die and bring as many as possible with us. We ended up wiping 2 people while the rest of the small group run. Then a huge blob appeared at the entrance right behind us. Told my guys on discord you wanna yolo it? Everyone was up for it. So we charged in 6vs20 they didnt expect us to do that. We wiped 4 people and their healer and we died.

My point is if you mix pve with pvp you gonna have one hell of a time.

Welcome to albion. Dont listen to people trying to bash your gamestyle. Albion has it all.
    a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.