Community News: Writers Wanted!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Community News: Writers Wanted!

Hello everyone,

We are looking for extra Community News Writers. Are you interested in the community, theory-crafting and/or interviewing other players? Do not hesitate to apply! This is a paid position.

The writer's tasks include:
    • Report news and write engaging stories on what is happening in the world of Albion Online, for the community news on the website.
    • Create build, guild, and player spotlights.
    • Possible be asked to report on community events.
    • Possibly be asked to proofread some English texts for the webpage and news content.
    We are looking for somebody who
    • has excellent command of the English language (native speakers preferred)
    • has a great and engaging writing style
    • is passionate about Albion Online and knowledgable in its mechanics, lore and especially its community
    Your application should contain:
    • your forum name
    • a short CV
    • a War Report on the current political landscape and changes in Albion OR a Build Spotlight of a build of your choosing (use the Character Builder to your advantage) - The text should be between 750 and 2,000 words.
    If you are interested in this position, please get in touch with me via enya.tack@sandbox-interactive.com. To make sure I see your e-mail, name the subject "Albion Online - News Writer (your name here)". Replace '(your name here)' with your full name!

Questions? Either mail me or send me a private message on the forums.

I am looking forward to your application!

- Enya
  • Axolotl schrieb:

Hello everyone,

We are looking for extra Community News Writers. Are you interested in the community, theory-crafting and/or interviewing other players? Do not hesitate to apply! This is a paid position.

The writer's tasks include:
    • Report news and write engaging stories on what is happening in the world of Albion Online, for the community news on the website.
    • Create build, guild, and player spotlights.
    • Possible be asked to report on community events.
    • Possibly be asked to proofread some English texts for the webpage and news content.
    We are looking for somebody who
    • has excellent command of the English language (native speakers preferred)
    • has a great and engaging writing style
    • is passionate about Albion Online and knowledgable in its mechanics, lore and especially its community
    Your application should contain:
    • your forum name
    • a short CV
    • a War Report on the current political landscape and changes in Albion OR a Build Spotlight of a build of your choosing (use the Character Builder to your advantage) - The text should be between 750 and 2,000 words.
    If you are interested in this position, please get in touch with me via enya.tack@sandbox-interactive.com. To make sure I see your e-mail, name the subject "Albion Online - News Writer (your name here)". Replace '(your name here)' with your full name!

Questions? Either mail me or send me a private message on the forums.

I am looking forward to your application!

- Enya
    Applied ;) !
  • Axolotl schrieb:

a War Report on the current political landscape and changes in Albion
    Does it have to be 100% accurate, or can we have a little fun with it? :D

"In the East, Money Guild struggles with debt problems. The Iron Bank has told them they will not accept new recruits being sold into slavery to cover their need to ride around on pricey Dire Wolves as they're tired of having to buy them back from Exertion at a mark up to recoup the loss."

"In the West... no one gave a fuck. We're monitoring the situation closely, however. At the first sign of fucks being given, you'll have the whole skinny right here at RockLobster Radio."

I keed, I keed.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• RockLobster schrieb:

Axolotl schrieb:

a War Report on the current political landscape and changes in Albion
    Does it have to be 100% accurate, or can we have a little fun with it? :D
    "In the East, Money Guild struggles with debt problems. The Iron Bank has told them they will not accept new recruits being sold into slavery to cover their need to ride around on pricey Dire Wolves as they're tired of having to buy them back from Exorsion at a mark up to recoup the loss."

"In the West... no one gave a fuck. We're monitoring the situation closely, however. At the first sign of fucks being given, you'll have the whole skinny right here at RockLobster Radio."

I keed, I keed.
    While you can write in an entertaining manner, you do have to stay factual and not spread any fake news. We want news that reflects the community, not the imagination of the author.
  • I say, this is huge discrimination! Klingon players are large part of the player base and backbone of the game who supported its development all those years, Sandboxing did put a lot of effort to attract Klingon players and collect their money - but now that the game is out, you only care about english speaking populace? Is that because Klingons comparatively spend less on buying gold? Klingons, and not just them, even the Romulans who bought the game by sparing equivalent of their monthly wage, cutting on food for their chidren are second rate customers now?

Not to mention, Sandbox Interactive is Bajoran company itself. Did it forget its roots, sold out themselves to appeal to interlingua galactic markets?

Its ok. We knew it`ll turn out like this eventually. Ignore us! Keep us in reservation of local planetary languages subforums! We are not hurt by your indifference at all! After all we all knew, that while in galaxy - all races are equal: however Federation credits smell best..

Us, Klingon community, will forgive. But not forget. We will start small, by taking over your global chat, lfg and trade channels. And some day, step by step, you`ll wake up and realize Sandbox Inc is not in Bajoran hands anymore, but proud property of Tencent or Mail.ru!

Hear me sons of Frontier, we, who will be strong enough to know to endure, and brave enough to face discrimination and pity, will be one who will be proud and unbending in honest path, and humble and gentle in victory - for there is no other ways for us, but to perish of win. One day, history will be written in Klingon!
  • I do not think it's a disrespect or anything, but it would be nice if it was used in other languages. It was also clear that the game was international and many would want to participate in it, since the construction of the story and what makes albion so great and fun

And conprienciencivel that use only English since apart from it they will translate to the other languages

Even though I prefer to write in my native idiom
  • PreacherFU schrieb:

I say, this is huge discrimination! Klingon players are large part of the player base and backbone of the game who supported its development all those years, Sandboxing did put a lot of effort to attract Klingon players and collect their money - but now that the game is out, you only care about english speaking populace? Is that because Klingons comparatively spend less on buying gold? Klingons, and not just them, even the Romulans who bought the game by sparing equivalent of their monthly wage, cutting on food for their chidren are second rate customers now?

Not to mention, Sandbox Interactive is Bajoran company itself. Did it forget its roots, sold out themselves to appeal to interlingua galactic markets?

Its ok. We knew it`ll turn out like this eventually. Ignore us! Keep us in reservation of local planetary languages subforums! We are not hurt by your indifference at all! After all we all knew, that while in galaxy - all races are equal: however Federation credits smell best..

Us, Klingon community, will forgive. But not forget. We will start small, by taking over your global chat, lfg and trade channels. And some day, step by step, you`ll wake up and realize Sandbox Inc is not in Bajoran hands anymore, but proud property of Tencent or Mail.ru!

Hear me sons of Frontier, we, who will be strong enough to know to endure, and brave enough to face discrimination and pity, will be one who will be proud and unbending in honest path, and humble and gentle in victory - for there is no other ways for us, but to perish of win. One day, history will be written in Klingon!
    Your English isn't to bad you can still apply.
    Want a taste of this sweet little Care Bear?Try to gank harder next time maybe I'll wave at you.