Why do we even have non-consensual pvp outside of hell gates and gvg?

  • New thought, encourage gatherers to group somehow. Gathering RN is boring af and sorry but "people chasing me" isn't a HEART PUMPING RUSH (holy fuck go do something outside). Biggest thing for me isn't the dying its the holy shit what a waste of 2 hours. Pure boredom, 0 progression. Would have been at least fun if me and my boys were out together, but theres no point, 1 person can keep a map farmed.
  • Vulix wrote:

    There is already PvP in hellgate and GvG, why do we need to have non-consensual PvP in the open world? Many people who play this game are young kids or people who just want to explore without having to worry about gankers who have no life.

    I say they should extend the PvP flag system, but make it so you can only even be engaged in PvP if you have it turned on. So if my PvP flag is off, but someone else has it on, they can not fight me and have to find someone else. This way they can remove the 3 second rule and all the PvPers can shut up and be happy instead of constantly whining on the forum like children

    At the same time, gatherers and people wanting to PvE can leave the flag turned off and have the ability to actually visit the black zone without getting immediately ganked 1v20 by some zerg of people who do not have skill and can only fight if they outnumber you

    PvP in open world is not even important. Only hellgates and gvg matter. So maybe even consider turning on PvP only in those areas

    Besides that, great job and I really love this patch :D
    Lots of games that you can already play like this out there for ya
    literally every other mmo that you carebears have ruined with this whining.
    "I suppose you think that was terribly clever." - Gandalf the Grey
  • It's not fair to judge other people only on what you want
    While I understand that you don't want "forced" pvp, it's still "choice" pvp
    I will play slowly and do low risk low reward for a long time, then MAYBE high risk high reward
    That's a choice

    You can always just play slow, save silver (or buy gold) and buy your t8 gear anyway
    You won't have anything much to DO with it unless they put in arenas (or whatever people call them)
    Why are you here if you don't want to bring yourself out of your shell and experience something new?

    Give it a fair shot mate
  • Rieiid wrote:

    Vulix wrote:

    Iscariah wrote:

    Sounds like you want to play WoW. That's not how this game works.
    Good post, very constructive and full of information
    How is it not constructive? This game is an open world PvP game. That's what it's advertised as. What you are looking for is indeed WoW. This is an open world pvp game, if you want otherwise you purchased the wrong game.
    Ok for all the people who think this game is only a pvp game you did not even read the intro header on the first page of the website so here it is...

    "Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG set in an open medieval fantasy world. It has a fully player-driven economy; all equipment items are player-crafted. You can freely combine armor pieces and weapons in our unique classless system – you are what you wear. Explore the world and tackle challenging PvE content. Engage other adventurers in small- or large-scale PvP, and conquer territories. Gather. Craft. Trade. Conquer. Leave your mark in the world."

    As you can read the game says it does PVP but there is about 4 other things the game advertises its self as, so you can see its much more than just pvp in fact pvp is just one small part of this MMORPG.
  • Because it's fun. It adds the concept of risk vs. reward. If this was taken away I would enjoy the game far less and probably even stop playing. The people who aren't flagged have an advantage over the people who are flagged in stats I believe. I'm sorry if you want a game with no risk vs. reward while gathering, but I think you underestimate how much value this system actually has.
  • What you're not understanding is this games economy literally depends on all kinds of pvp. Not just GvG and Hellgates. Some guilds may never get to do much of those. The whole economy of this game revolves around people losing their gear and gear being trashed. The higher tier resources also have to be harder to get safely also because it greatly effects the economy of this game. Being able to be a crafter full time completely revolves around gear being trashed at a certain rate. If that was to slow down it would kill crafting in the game.
  • FriendlyFire wrote:

    Mallez wrote:

    I don't have time to farm 12 hours a day, or maximize spreadsheeting on the market, or run three separate accounts.
    You can make a lot more money a lot faster, but you have to go to the black zone to do it. Right now, the reward far out paces the risk. I just did my second run in black zone last night, this time with just one other person instead of a larger group, and made so much. It almost felt like cheating.

    Mallez wrote:

    1. Maybe pick one or two pieces of armor/weapon that I get to keep if I get killed (prepicked). If I don't lose my 150k staff which I sunk the bulk of my gear money into, I'd be more OK if I only had to replace the 4.1 set of other gear. Again, I can't play long enough to fully compete with "hardcore" players, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    Jesus, you're using a 150k staff? Bruh, I was running a T3 horse and all 4.0 gear. When your entire loadout is 20k (or less) you can easily make that back. You don't need to risk stuff like that. I'd only take out that staff if you were with a big group, making you fairly safe.
    I think right now a lot of new players have misconceptions about what the black zone is like. Especially with the new mount change. The game is going to change a lot over the next 2 months as most players get brave enough to go out there and learn.

    Kelthal wrote:

    What you're not understanding is this games economy literally depends on all kinds of pvp. Not just GvG and Hellgates. Some guilds may never get to do much of those. The whole economy of this game revolves around people losing their gear and gear being trashed. The higher tier resources also have to be harder to get safely also because it greatly effects the economy of this game. Being able to be a crafter full time completely revolves around gear being trashed at a certain rate. If that was to slow down it would kill crafting in the game.

    To Friendlyfire, this is actually a very funny concept I ran into with D3 players that only play hardcore. I gave hardcore a chance once and said hey, lets run T4 and they immediately went WOAH WOAH, no way, we'll die and lose everything. Lets just be safe at T1. So uh... what's the point? Your saying a game is more fun when you just play it safe and don't risk losing anything rather than pushing yourself to the limits and seeing how far you can make it before you die? That just doesn't make sense to me.

    Further, you as the PVP player should want a challenge. Thus you should want all your victims in their strongest equipment so they provide the best competition and fight. Yet you know, by design all your victims will likely be wearing trash gear that they can replace easily so it's not really a fair fight or even a challenge. So uh... what's the point of full loot? To provide bullies easy targets because they know the only other fully geared people out there will be their guild mates or other gankers that likely aren't targeting them. Their looking for easy kill gatherers just like you.

    To Kelthal, This is probably the best argument I've seen for full loot pvp. I still don't like the concept because as listed above I feel it just creates a Bullying system, however I can't think of a system at the moment that would keep the economy moving otherwise. Very good explanation.
  • Nahso wrote:


    To Friendlyfire, this is actually a very funny concept I ran into with D3 players that only play hardcore. I gave hardcore a chance once and said hey, lets run T4 and they immediately went WOAH WOAH, no way, we'll die and lose everything. Lets just be safe at T1. So uh... what's the point? Your saying a game is more fun when you just play it safe and don't risk losing anything rather than pushing yourself to the limits and seeing how far you can make it before you die? That just doesn't make sense to me.

    Further, you as the PVP player should want a challenge. Thus you should want all your victims in their strongest equipment so they provide the best competition and fight. Yet you know, by design all your victims will likely be wearing trash gear that they can replace easily so it's not really a fair fight or even a challenge. So uh... what's the point of full loot? To provide bullies easy targets because they know the only other fully geared people out there will be their guild mates or other gankers that likely aren't targeting them. Their looking for easy kill gatherers just like you.
    Exactly. I completely agree. People who enjoy open world ganking are lying to themselves when they say they are good at PvP. Go play GvG and win then you can say you are good at PvP
  • Vulix wrote:

    Egg94 wrote:

    Except this game was promoted as an open world full loot sandbox game
    Yes, and you can have full-loot with consensual PvP. I am not arguing to take full loot away, I am arguing for removing unconseual pvp
    You just want to PvP gatherers and looting them. What does this really contribute to the game? Nothing. One player loses everything because he is wearing gathering gear and can't fight back. The other player gains everything and has little risk.

    This system benefits no one but the PKer. That is self-fish.
    Why does everyone think we only want to gank gatherers? Sure if we see a gatherer we can try. It's nice loot. But if we see someone on a horse we'll fucking kill them too. Why should you be able to come into OUR territory for NO CONSEQUENCE?

    I see SBI has hired you as part of their dev team. I'm excited to see where this game goes with you in charge. /s
  • Devs have to do something, people are quitting this game because of pvp. Drastic changes are needed people, wake up. If you keep hardcore pvp like it is now, there will be no one but pvpers in 2 months.

    Besides, blackzones are pretty carebear for the alliances that own them. Blackzone guilds just want their gatherers to be able to gather top resources without any challenge or being contested. If other gatherers actually have the ability to farm black zone as well, guilds lose their advantage.

    You guys say you want "hardcore" pvp but in fact you just want a monopoly for your gathers. How about "hardcore" pvp as in competing for resources? Disable non-consensual "pvp" (aka fighting) and you will have gathering and market pvp. It is still pvp.
  • Vulix wrote:

    Devs have to do something, people are quitting this game because of pvp. Drastic changes are needed people, wake up. If you keep hardcore pvp like it is now, there will be no one but pvpers in 2 months.

    Besides, blackzones are pretty carebear for the alliances that own them. Blackzone guilds just want their gatherers to be able to gather top resources without any challenge or being contested. If other gatherers actually have the ability to farm black zone as well, guilds lose their advantage.

    You guys say you want "hardcore" pvp but in fact you just want a monopoly for your gathers. How about "hardcore" pvp as in competing for resources? Disable non-consensual "pvp" (aka fighting) and you will have gathering and market pvp. It is still pvp.
    It sounds like people are quitting because they decided to give the game a try without knowing what they were getting into, and don't like the concept of there being risk in their gameplay. The way the system is set in place, those pvpers that you claim will only exist in 2 months wont have access to the gear they will keep breaking through combat. The system thrives on groups protecting their gear sources. Alliances exist because they can protect gatherers in those black zones, thus increasing their ability to hold them.

    If you want to combat those groups, you need to spread them thin enough that they simply can't hold it all at once. Think of the BZ like a constantly flowing and evolving game of Risk. Alliances can only field so many people into various zones, and the longer they hold those zones, the more opportunities they have to benefit from them. The goal is absolutely to hold it as a monopoly for your gathering and crafting memebers. You make high-skill level gatherers more valuable to alliances and guilds because they can turn that limited window of gathering time into more resources then a low-skill gatherer.

    Disabling open world PvP turns the entire game into a boring mess and would destroy the marketplace as it revolves around gear being destroyed in Open-World PvP on a regular basis. PvE doesn't trash gear, PvE does. The entire system of local markets is ruined by disabling open world pvp. There is no risk to transporting materials across markets, which makes it superfluous. At that point you just make global markets instead because then what is the point of transporting a bunch of leather without risk? It just becomes a time sink to move from X to Y.

    Perhaps the solution to your problem isn't to change this game, but find another game that meets your wants? This game clearly doesn't cater to what you want.