Guilds claiming to be pvp, yet avoid pvp. Is your guild one?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Guilds claiming to be pvp, yet avoid pvp. Is your guild one?

So. I have seen so many guilds claim to be pvp oriented. Yet I see them join up with ARCH. for example. Kato, Dreaded, i'm sure more as well.
      So essentially these "PvP" guilds become the slaves of this alliance and bow down to their new masters. Yet don't enjoy the true pvp experience.
      For me and mates in my guild. We enjoy the challenge. We enjoy our blood pumping from the risk. In a huge zerg alliance 6k+ members. You have no risk, how is that fun?
      How can someone claim to be a pvper, yet they run from it? And I have pvped with both kato and dreaded and they both are scared to engage anyone of equal numbers. PK had to tell them to come back to fight No Life.
      We we wiped no life multiple times. But the mentality of running when it's a fair fight is absurd. Have some guts, earn your place among the Gods. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! STOP JOINING THE ZERGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Do the zergs even fight each other? All I see is "carebear this and this" but what I see on the field is a bunch of zerglings that are afraid of a real battle.
      Anyone else have thoughts on this? It doesn't matter to me if you agree or disagree with my statement, throw it out there.

Recruitment Link: Click here
    • RedLetter schrieb:

So. I have seen so many guilds claim to be pvp oriented. Yet I see them join up with ARCH. for example. Kato, Dreaded, i'm sure more as well.
      So essentially these "PvP" guilds become the slaves of this alliance and bow down to their new masters. Yet don't enjoy the true pvp experience.
      For me and mates in my guild. We enjoy the challenge. We enjoy our blood pumping from the risk. In a huge zerg alliance 6k+ members. You have no risk, how is that fun?
      How can someone claim to be a pvper, yet they run from it? And I have pvped with both kato and dreaded and they both are scared to engage anyone of equal numbers. PK had to tell them to come back to fight No Life.
      We we wiped no life multiple times. But the mentality of running when it's a fair fight is absurd. Have some guts, earn your place among the Gods. And FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!! STOP JOINING THE ZERGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Do the zergs even fight each other? All I see is "carebear this and this" but what I see on the field is a bunch of zerglings that are afraid of a real battle.
      Anyone else have thoughts on this? It doesn't matter to me if you agree or disagree with my statement, throw it out there.
      Live and let live - At the end of it all, yours, and my opinion mean nothing. People will see things differently! Learn to play your game the way you want to rather than try and tell others how they should enjoy theirs.
    • the other day we went inside sliterbranch basin the arch t5 dungeon in blackzone. 5 of us. There were 2 blobs in it so we went to the east side. Got 30k fame in 10mins then we found some arch guys faming. We jumped on them and they runned. 2 of them died. Then suddenly the blob on the other side starts coming our way. We keep faming and not A out. Then another blob appears. We got choked in a bridge with around 30 people attacking us from both sides. Manage to kill 2. The killers that got us on the killboard had 18 assists on me and on our tank they had 22. Yet we managed to wipe the first group and 2 of them in the zerg fest.

Next day we went again in their dungeon and farmed for 2 hours. Shit was good.

Arch are bad i know i was in their alliance. There was so much drama when it was fame alliance and whenever i grouped up with members from awful company to "gank" people when they saw another zerg coming at us they just runned away leaving me to die while i fought back. I was running 5.2 and 4.3 on first days of release while they were ganking with t3 horse and t4 flat. I was on t4 horse. when those horses were still 250k each. All in all they are so bad that their territories in the west just get farmed by other guilds.

Its np tho eventually their meatshields will ragequit cause the guild people dont even provide them with gear when they wipe. :')
      a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.
    • Well said Gellidus,

For those that have never played an open world game. Your definition of "Real PvP" Is just that Your's. For those "Zergs" They are doing exactly what they want to do and good for them on owning that much territory and keeping it. Managing hundreds of players is not easy either. WPG Has done it in past games and I actually find large scale pvp takes MORE skill then silly epeen fights of 1v1 (as class imbalance can play a large factor). Each to their own. Gj to those that want the mass zerg pvp and claiming territory and gj to those that want to work on just there little 5 man and holding one or two zones.

BTW we are a tiny group this go around and I've died a few times to the zergs as well. Can't let it piss you off. Just part of it.

D,

EDIT: To Kaps point as well. Zergs do make most players lazy. Your smaller guilds almost always will be better then the mass numbers. I would love to see some kind of territory map or leader board that shows the names of guilds/alliances that own what. Sorry still fairly new to AO if any of you could point me in that direction.
      "I'm Your Huckleberry."

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Dannyboy ()

• Mala schrieb:

Except, you were zerging outside watch tower territorys in cumbria today yea? That's awkward.
      you mean when qe was fighting no life? 15 man vs 15?
      Yeah. Not running from fights. Matter of fact, dreaded was there, pk had 5 of the people. Dreaded wanted to run because they was afraid that no life would bring more people. And they did. And we wiped them. Just outnumbering someone isn't what im talking about. Read my post again, im talking about the guilds that claim they are pvp, yet join a massive alliance to avoid pvp. (I dont consider ganking 1 or 2 people pvp.) Does it happen, yes.

• Gellidus schrieb:

RedLetter schrieb:

Live and let live - At the end of it all, yours, and my opinion mean nothing. People will see things differently! Learn to play your game the way you want to rather than try and tell others how they should enjoy theirs.
      youre one of those guys that walk past an pld lady getting beat down by 3 guys because its "not your problem."

I see a problem, i handle it. I bring it to the minds of others. Zergs will kill this game. Zergs roll over pvp guilds. Zergs get bored because no challenge. Pvpers get bored because no challenge. All in all there needs to be limits on. How many builds can join an alliance. And any guild claiming to be a pvp guild yet zerging around with arch is lying.

• Dannyboy schrieb:

Well said Gellidus,

For those that have never played an open world game. Your definition of "Real PvP" Is just that Your's. For those "Zergs" They are doing exactly what they want to do and good for them on owning that much territory and keeping it. Managing hundreds of players is not easy either. WPG Has done it in past games and I actually find large scale pvp takes MORE skill then silly epeen fights of 1v1 (as class imbalance can play a large factor). Each to their own. Gj to those that want the mass zerg pvp and claiming territory and gj to those that want to work on just there little 5 man and holding one or two zones.

BTW we are a tiny group this go around and I've died a few times to the zergs as well. Can't let it piss you off. Just part of it.

D,

EDIT: To Kaps point as well. Zergs do make most players lazy. Your smaller guilds almost always will be better then the mass numbers. I would love to see some kind of territory map or leader board that shows the names of guilds/alliances that own what. Sorry still fairly new to AO if any of you could point me in that direction.
      i never stated more people isn't more difficult to manage. Im saying so called pvp guilds joining a zerg to avoid pvp is insane. Everyone will go to the zerg except true pvp guilds and the game will die due to lack of pvp. Who wants to play a game without risk, without challenge? Does everyone want stuff handed to them without their adrenaline pumping to earn it?

• Viper482 schrieb:

Zergs are full of players......pvp stands for player vs player.....players are in zergs.....therefore zerg=pvp.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. Maybe one day devs will design a system that discourages zerging. Until then.....
      you must be in a zerg. True pvpers enjot real combat. 90% of arch will run away at an even fight. None of them are PvP oriented.

• There are two types of "PvPers" in every PvP orientated MMO I've played and they usually fall into one of two categories that are "competitive" or "play to win".

Competitive players play for the competition, they like fights to be as even as possible so that skill determines who wins and they often assume when talking about PvP that it involves good sportsmanship.

Play to win players don't care for competition, they just want to win, even if that means massively out gearing, out numbering or even using third party programs to beat other players. They often assume when talking about PvP that it involves all parties using all resources at their disposal to win (e.g. better gear, better numbers, ability to exploit / cheat).

Neither of these approaches are really wrong.
    • implying likes matter on this forum where people cry all day about patches/downtimes/refunds/cant kill gatherers/omg wheres my lp.

Also arch is not relevant. West continent isnt relevant at all . And i am pretty sure the only relevant people in arch are the ones in the locked gvg squads in the TS3 of the guilds. The rest of the people are just meatshields for them.
      a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.