Gold is my only hope for silver (losing patience? Boredom?)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Gold is my only hope for silver (losing patience? Boredom?)

So I'm fairly new to the game. I've done the tutorial and got my mount. Got to tier IV. I've spent about 1.5k of my gold to create my island/farm. It's upgraded to 2/6. At this point I have to be honest, but it feels very slow and kind of boring. I feel like the only way for me to actually make silver is to build more buildings and upgrade my farm? Which leaves me to the option of trading my gold for silver. Can anyone help me please? is this the best way to make silver as a beginner? Or just gather to sell? I've done expeditions but it is pretty boring to do alone. :)
    • Generally islands are prefered if you are gonna focus on farms and growing animals. But it needs a good start up fund. For crafting they were good in the initial rush where guilds needed to craft stuff because the city plots were locked for the guild of the owner. Now if you go to any town all the public crafting stations are up with low taxes. Also if you craft in public stations you get more resource returns when you craft both with focus and without. 15% without focus in public 45% with focus. In island its 0% without focus and 35% with.

Depends on what you want to focus on the game i would say to save that gold you still have and focus that one path. You wanna do gathering? Its really profitable but can get boring. But you would have to focus on one type of gathering to be efficient.

You wanna kill mobs? Get in a group with some people and kill faster.

You wanna be a merchant? Grab an ox and run from bridgewatch to caerleon transfering mats.

Game has lots of paths to follow but to be efficcient you need to follow one.

And dont worry once you get to know some people and do stuff together the game gets so much better than playing solo.
      Just be careful not to trust people too much cause you can end up losing it all.
      a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.
    • Hello Galadeth,

At T4, if you have unlocked T4 reaver, you can run T4 group expeditions. If you look on your destiny board, from the very center ribbon, move the board to the slightly upper left. You will see a line of avatars, this is the Reaver line, the higher tiers you unlock, will be easier fighting mobs of those tiers.

You could look for a guild, group PvE is more fun than solo.
    • I'm in the same boat. I have all t4 gear and just started hitting expert levels where everything starts getting expensive. 20k - 30k for an expert bag and cloak, 100k for an experts riding horse...

I've spent most of my time doing group expeditions and imo it's not a viable way to play the game. It seems like you have to also gather and play the markets or you'll never have enough to buy better gear. Maybe I'm doing it wrong idk. I'd love to pvp but one fight and could be stuck running expeditions back to back for days just to get my gear back.

I think the expedition system should have good loot drops. Going through the same place over and over for a few silver gets old fast. Add drops with a chance for a rare drop and it would be a lot more rewarding.

At present I don't see how you'll ever make enough loot unless you gather or play the markets.
    • Sire schrieb:

I'm in the same boat. I have all t4 gear and just started hitting expert levels where everything starts getting expensive. 20k - 30k for an expert bag and cloak, 100k for an experts riding horse...

I've spent most of my time doing group expeditions and imo it's not a viable way to play the game. It seems like you have to also gather and play the markets or you'll never have enough to buy better gear. Maybe I'm doing it wrong idk. I'd love to pvp but one fight and could be stuck running expeditions back to back for days just to get my gear back.

I think the expedition system should have good loot drops. Going through the same place over and over for a few silver gets old fast. Add drops with a chance for a rare drop and it would be a lot more rewarding.

At present I don't see how you'll ever make enough loot unless you gather or play the markets.
      join a guild. make some friends. do stuff together. game isnt that hard once you are grouped
      a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.
    • If you like fighting and want to level up your combat skills without going to a dungeon, take up skinning. You can hone your fighting skills, and each animal you kill gives skins to sell for silver, in some cases much more than the direct silver drops in dungeons. There are a lot of varieties of beasts to fight, i.e. the T5 bears that stun you (better have the cleanse spell on your command bar)
    • Kappatronic schrieb:

Generally islands are prefered if you are gonna focus on farms and growing animals. But it needs a good start up fund. For crafting they were good in the initial rush where guilds needed to craft stuff because the city plots were locked for the guild of the owner. Now if you go to any town all the public crafting stations are up with low taxes. Also if you craft in public stations you get more resource returns when you craft both with focus and without. 15% without focus in public 45% with focus. In island its 0% without focus and 35% with.

Depends on what you want to focus on the game i would say to save that gold you still have and focus that one path. You wanna do gathering? Its really profitable but can get boring. But you would have to focus on one type of gathering to be efficient.

You wanna kill mobs? Get in a group with some people and kill faster.

You wanna be a merchant? Grab an ox and run from bridgewatch to caerleon transfering mats.

Game has lots of paths to follow but to be efficcient you need to follow one.

And dont worry once you get to know some people and do stuff together the game gets so much better than playing solo.
      Just be careful not to trust people too much cause you can end up losing it all.
      Very well explained. Appreciate it!
    • @Galadeth , there are chests that appear in NPC camps in a few red zones around Caerleon that are amazing silver. They spawn every 11 minutes or so and start at ~9.3k silver and build up to 25k silver the longer they remain untouched. On some maps there are like 7-9 of these camps you can rotate through. If you have some guild mates, group up and try it out with some T4 shit gear! It is actually really enjoyable and they sometimes spawn minibosses worth decent fame too.
    • Galadeth schrieb:

So I'm fairly new to the game. I've done the tutorial and got my mount. Got to tier IV. I've spent about 1.5k of my gold to create my island/farm. It's upgraded to 2/6. At this point I have to be honest, but it feels very slow and kind of boring.
      Dont worry man. Just go past the first part and it will get way better.

- find a guild
      - do some expeditions.
      - Profit will come faster than you think with PvE and ganging
      - Island profit will start as soon as you craft potions and food
      - try to focus and dont become a master of all trades. that will take way too long.
    • Hello!

Join a big and powerfull guild where the GuildMaster provide you all itens you need while you gather materials for all.
      Focus a single gathering and be happy farming with your guild mates.

If you want to be big and rich, join a rich and big guild.

Last advice, leave non-pvp areas and go for red and black (more silver, more fama).
    • If you are daring enough you can go to the black zones and roam around looking for those mob camps with chest spawns. Many of these go uncontested. From the T5 chests you can get anywhere from 5k to 15k. If you do the T6 camps they drop up to 25k from chests.

To stay safer you could get a friend or two and just run all over the zone hunting these chests down.
    • if you really want silver and like gathering you can gather stone and make them into bricks that's good silver
      as many have said joining a guild will help you out greatly if they are a good guild and run fame farms/Hellgates/pvp groups/gathering parties
      Raising horses can net you good silver once you get into the higher tiers also
      some people look get naked and travel via the travel guy (because it's free when naked) and check the prices at the different cities then get a low cost item at one place and move it to the place where it is higher (we did this with carrots and made like 150k)

Fricks are Recruiting!
    • Hit me up ingame. The above guys methods are not that profitable and literraly you guys are telling a new player to actually go to the black zone without telling her the full risks?dafuq. Also talking about chests in the blackzone when those chests are contested 24/7 by the blackzone guilds? you expect a new player to just walk there and contest those chests?

Galadeth pm me in game under the name Cringe. We ll hook u up and help you with everything. ^^
    • bOIIIIIIIIII schrieb:

Hit me up ingame. The above guys methods are not that profitable and literraly you guys are telling a new player to actually go to the black zone without telling her the full risks?dafuq. Also talking about chests in the blackzone when those chests are contested 24/7 by the blackzone guilds? you expect a new player to just walk there and contest those chests?

Galadeth pm me in game under the name Cringe. We ll hook u up and help you with everything. ^^
      Thats bullshit, if you don't know how does black zone work, then don't talk. You can literally destroy every chest in zone and noone will kill you without mount, if you have mount you are immortal. I doubt 10 people gank you for 1 chest that will give them 300 silver.
    • Lucyfer schrieb:

bOIIIIIIIIII schrieb:

Hit me up ingame. The above guys methods are not that profitable and literraly you guys are telling a new player to actually go to the black zone without telling her the full risks?dafuq. Also talking about chests in the blackzone when those chests are contested 24/7 by the blackzone guilds? you expect a new player to just walk there and contest those chests?

Thats bullshit, if you don't know how does black zone work, then don't talk. You can literally destroy every chest in zone and noone will kill you without mount, if you have mount you are immortal. I doubt 10 people gank you for 1 chest that will give them 300 silver.
      i do know how blackzone works. i dont need to farm those chests when i am just farming t6 blackzone dungeons.

Next.
    • bOIIIIIIIIII schrieb:

Lucyfer schrieb:

bOIIIIIIIIII schrieb:

i do know how blackzone works. i dont need to farm those chests when i am just farming t6 blackzone dungeons.
      Next.
      So why do you say bullshit and that above guys aren't right, if they are?
    • Lucyfer schrieb:

bOIIIIIIIIII schrieb:

Lucyfer schrieb:

bOIIIIIIIIII schrieb:

i do know how blackzone works. i dont need to farm those chests when i am just farming t6 blackzone dungeons.Next.
      So why do you say bullshit and that above guys aren't right, if they are?
      did i say they are not right?read again lmao. i said not that profitable. damn you guys just looking for arguements everyday.