Axes Need some Love!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• you have Adrenaline boost which gives you 40% speed boost and dmg.
      you have Battle frenzy which gives you 20% speed and resist to some CC
      you have whirwild on greataxe which gives you another 20% speed for time when you spin.

You also can wear leather helmet where the slow is.
      you also can wear druid shoes where the slow is.

You also can have someone in party who has the slow.

So i think there is a plenty gap closer for Axes.Just need sacrifice something else for it

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Darrius ()

• Well axes are heavy dmg weapons so they lack most CC same thing with crossbows which has 0 movement CC (Except caltrops which is a terrible skill compared the other w skills) Atleast with axes you can hit and move where crossbows you hit any ability pretty much and they walk off your screen while u sit there casting it

medium dmg weapons offer more in the way of CC since they need some tricks to be able to compete agaist the realy heavy dmg weapons

Low dmg weapons often have alot of CC these are generally considered tank weapons
    • badllama schrieb:

Halberd with mercenary jacket is pretty awesome, however, pretty much anyone can just walk away from you.
      Nah...its just about where you fight. Axe have a lot of variability.
      For small areas you use heavy smash - you get brutal dmg
      for open world you use battle frenzy or adrenaline boost - you get mobility
      and if you want more DoTs then take internal bleeding but your lose mobility...
      You cant have all at once and thats ok.Ppl just need to think what enemy wear and what spells he might use.

I play Axe from beta 1 and i think its pretty much well balanced,except passives they mabye should be better a little bit.
    • Veeshan schrieb:

Well axes are heavy dmg weapons so they lack most CC same thing with crossbows which has 0 movement CC (Except caltrops which is a terrible skill compared the other w skills) Atleast with axes you can hit and move where crossbows you hit any ability pretty much and they walk off your screen while u sit there casting it

medium dmg weapons offer more in the way of CC since they need some tricks to be able to compete agaist the realy heavy dmg weapons

Low dmg weapons often have alot of CC these are generally considered tank weapons
      Yeah axe dont have CC but it can have great mobility or dmg. Axe is about thinking if you enemy is bow then you use adrenaline boots, if enemy have sword then its better heavy smash, if enemy have fire staff or somenthing with lot of cc use battle frenzy... its simple... Ppl just run in like mindless bots when they see enemy and dont think about how to counter enemy spells.
    • Veeshan schrieb:

Well axes are heavy dmg weapons so they lack most CC same thing with crossbows which has 0 movement CC (Except caltrops which is a terrible skill compared the other w skills) Atleast with axes you can hit and move where crossbows you hit any ability pretty much and they walk off your screen while u sit there casting it

heavy damage? Heavy to a level that it follow with no damage. It's animation, compare to swords is way too immobile. The Q, swords can move right after the Q land, and it lands fast, such that axe lands Q slowly and have a longer stuck animation.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Furinkazan ()

• Furinkazan schrieb:

heavy damage? Heavy to a level that it follow with no damage. It's animation, compare to swords is way too immobile. The Q, swords can move right after the Q land, and it lands fast, such that axe lands Q slowly and have a longer stuck animation.
      Thank you for confirming this. Combined with AOE cues that differ in size compared to graphics (round ones you can stand on the edge, arrows pull you from few steps away etc) and ping of 150ish -> frustration!

I thought I was going crazy. My short cooldown axe build, I am frozen all the time!

@Talion @Korn

Sorry for derail but it is somewhat related :rolleyes:
    • Veeshan schrieb:

Probleme is this game seem to evolve around CC, so i to feel like the axe-line needs a rewamp...
    • Poffo schrieb:

Veeshan schrieb:

Probleme is this game seem to evolve around CC, so i to feel like the axe-line needs a rewamp...
      i call this bullshit.. you need to lear play it or try another weapon... some ppl just dont have enough skill to play it.
    • Axe is one of the best utility/dps weapon in a small group since it got both pierce and healing reduction coupled with really good burst dmg.
      Axe got a lot of dot damage so it can be a pretty tanky front liner when coupled with mercenary chest.
      Axe is one of the best ganking weapon with the great axe due to hudge mobility and good dmg while running.

The only thing axe could need is a revamp on the passive since the auto attack are pretty slow so the passive effect are really hard if not close to impossible to proc during a PvP fight plus you dont really stick on target and auto like a sword would with her Q mv speed stacks or a spear would with her amazing range. Passive after X spell used would be way more viable considering the axe gameplay.

@Poffo Axe is a DPS weapon not a CC one, so you need to couple it with good CC and preferably mono target ones, so you can unleash its true potential. Playing with a tank is kind of mandatory when playing carrion for example. Otherwise you will get kited all day and wont be able to land any dmg beside your E maybe.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von McRenzy ()

• McRenzy schrieb:

Axe is one of the best utility/dps weapon in a small group since it got both pierce and healing reduction coupled with really good burst dmg.
      Axe got a lot of dot damage so it can be a pretty tanky front liner when coupled with mercenary chest.
      Axe is one of the best ganking weapon with the great axe due to hudge mobility and good dmg while running.

The only thing axe could need is a revamp on the passive since the auto attack are pretty slow so the passive effect are really hard if not close to impossible to proc during a PvP fight plus you dont really stick on target and auto like a sword would with her Q mv speed stacks or a spear would with her amazing range. Passive after X spell used would be way more viable considering the axe gameplay.

@Poffo Axe is a DPS weapon not a CC one, so you need to couple it with good CC and preferably mono target ones, so you can unleash its true potential. Playing with a tank is kind of mandatory when playing carrion for example. Otherwise you will get kited all day and wont be able to land any dmg beside your E maybe.
      I have the full plate armor with great axe, what do you think about that? Is there any suggestion for armor? I don't want to focus my weapon on something else than the great axe
    • Eskilo schrieb:

I have the full plate armor with great axe, what do you think about that? Is there any suggestion for armor? I don't want to focus my weapon on something else than the great axe
      I would advise you to play leather chest, with great axe, stalker chest is pretty good for an offensive option.
      Mercenary chest is good for sustain, otherwise inferno shield on any leather chest is a good defensive cd.

Soldier armor can be decent, but i dont think it really fit the axe, i would go for an hybrid CC dmg weapon with soldier.
    • McRenzy schrieb:

Axe is one of the best utility/dps weapon in a small group since it got both pierce and healing reduction coupled with really good burst dmg.

I agree with this...
      The pasives are realy bad on axes....they should do something what can utilize the bleeding on Q and E spells on axes like for each tick from your bleed stack you get healed for 2 hp,with more stacks it get multiplied (for 3 stacks bleed you get 6 hp per tick) etc.