[Reputation] A Thread for small scale PVPers

• [Reputation] A Thread for small scale PVPers

Hello Devs,
    I've been waiting for this game since 02/04/2013. I was patient enough to don't force my self into betas after betas to don't break the hype but here am I excited and playing a game that finally fits my taste.

Today this thread is about the Abomination reputation status (-20.000) of which doesn't allow players to enter red maps.
    I understand this was made to prevent OP characters to troll and wipe people that are starting their first week/month on the red zones around Carleon and other areas but it ALSO blocks small scale PVPers like me and my really small group of friends to have a good ambush experience out of the black zone which today is surrounded by guild of 200 people camping maps and forcing big scale fights.
    I know there's mechanics for people like me, HG is a big example of that but still involves a huge downtime. I got scared when in only 6 hours I was able to reach this reputation that forced me to live in the Blackzone, my only choice is to join a big guild and avoid most of maps. Please consider looking into allowing the negative 20k rep to join red zones again so we can continue our fun and RP for small scale PVPers like me and many others.

PROS:- allowing it ambushers and RPers will be able to fight and interact in a free zerg environment
    - reward would be fair for those fights

CONS: - trolls would be able to join it but wouldn't be rewarded as much

The post was edited 1 time, last by xkrakenx ().

• Fooky wrote:

If you don't like the black zones you wouldn't like the Red zones without the Rep system.

It's been tested and without Rep System the Red zones are just like the Black zones.
    And with the current system red zones might as well be yellow or blue because of the lack of pvp that takes place.

Its pretty sad when you justify lack of pvp in a pvp labeled zone in a game advertised as a full loot item pvp sandbox.

No one wants reputation removed. They want it to actually work fairly. Getting to -20k rep in 1 night of pvp is not only ridiculous is atrocious game design. The fact that until today to grind that off took 7 days of continuous grinding or 1 month+ of waiting out decay is moronic. Who came up with these numbers? Can they math? Obviously not. The issue with reputation is how fast you lose it versus how long it takes to get back.

Its autistic.
    The True Victor.

Make Albion Great Again!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Roor ().

• xkrakenx wrote:

Please consider looking into allowing the negative 20k rep to join red zones again so we can continue our fun and RP for small scale PVPers like me and many others.
    From Original Post. Clearly he is asking for the rep system to have it's teeth pulled.

Roor wrote:

No one wants reputation removed.
    Removing the red zone lockout = removing rep

The only penalty anyone cares about is the red zone lockout, if you remove it the red zones become black zones
  • xkrakenx wrote:

I understand this was made to prevent OP characters to troll and wipe people that are starting their first week/month on the red zones around Carleon
    How did you come to this conclusion? The reason to me seem to have a strong deterrent/penalty to prevent you from killing anyone on sight, especially high reputation players.

Here is how you deal with it:
    1) Create 2 more alts on your account, delete alts if you reach -20k.
    or
    2) Create 5 more alts using 2 accounts, cycle through them since you will get +2000 rep per character per day = 6 * 2000 = 12000 reputation worth of kills per day = 30 to 120 kills depending on target reputation.

happy farming
  • Fooky wrote:

xkrakenx wrote:

Please consider looking into allowing the negative 20k rep to join red zones again so we can continue our fun and RP for small scale PVPers like me and many others.
    From Original Post. Clearly he is asking for the rep system to have it's teeth pulled.

Roor wrote:

No one wants reputation removed.
    Removing the red zone lockout = removing rep
    The only penalty anyone cares about is the red zone lockout, if you remove it the red zones become black zones
    As opposed to ZERO pvp we have now? People always say it will cause zergs but will it? will it really? No. Its just fear mongering.

Either way its not good in its current state.
    The True Victor.

Make Albion Great Again!