Foretelling the destiny of Albion Online

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• You guys can't really all be this dense...

PKers just have to be smart and co-ordinate now... How is that bad for gameplay?

Here's a checklist to prosper @ the gank:
      - Know the area
      - Position at likely choke points (more numbers will excel at this)
      - Stay off of your Horsey
      - Communicate with each other (dang)
      - Box in the prey
      - Kill players
      - Win a bigger epeen!
    • Forums are always terrible, but I agree with OP.

If you keep these recent changes that removes the danger of being dismounted, a lot of people will get bored, move to different games, and spend money elsewhere.

Not going to drop a dime until this change is rolled back to a degree that it doesn't ruin black zone hunting.
      ~One Of The Awful Company
    • PreacherFU schrieb:

[...]

As far "hardcore" goes - pvp still exists and would exist, full loot going nowhere away. I play the game in leisurly pace with no rush and aim for long term future. If you love pvp, just do pvp. Stop complaining about it. Even if Sandboxing succumbs and adds Trammel version for Albion, it`ll not change a thing for you - since if people dont want to be risk killed by PKs, they wont risk or wont play the game at all. If anything, the way to enable more PvP is to make it more affordable. The sooner players realize their death mean little and can afford the gear to take part in pvp and reengage - the better it would be for all. It is akin to, for a pvp game: better have instant respawn of players able to reengage in combat fast, rather than put harsh penalties on death and 15min debuff or something. Because if you want Fights, you want former. Later only applies is you are interested not in fights themselves, but advantages victory brings you. I`d rather see "risk free" pvp where everyone is ready to engage to pvp and doesnt run from it, rather than "harsh world" pvp where economy and numbers dominate it creating advantages where for majority its not even worth risking engaging in pvp.
      Very interesting stuff!

So Albion right now has to make a decision:
      - more PvP => games is centered around fights, less death penalty, faster respawn, etc. or
      - more strategic play => games is centered around logistics and result of fights, so more death penalty

An archetype of the first option would be a MOBA type gameplay, whereas examples for the second option are games like chess or go. Interestingly EVE delivers both: factional warfare gives lots of fights without major consequences (besides loosing your ship), and alliance warfare (with lots of logistics and diplomatic drama) is modifying the political landscape.

So maybe there isn't a decision necessary, and Albion right now at release is only the nucleus of the game to come... something like the first iteration of the game engine ...

Interesting times ahead!
      For the next tier I have to grind whaaat?!
    • mewsuaykat schrieb:

All of this butt hurt over a 3s dismount debuff... git guud.

BZ campers are just as much carebears as the ones they claim to be carebears.

I have literally seen the argument reduced to this: "I'm entitled to my BZ territory, non ally members are ruining my safe farm with their OP mounts... *entitlement entitlement*"

It works both ways: the people crying about the 3s dismount debuff literally want to bar all non ally players from "their" zones... YOU ALREADY HAVE THE UPPER HAND BY SHEER NUMBERS...

Stop being little bitches and man up. You're mocking the carebears while you're acting just like them. Pathetic hypocrites.
      I quit reading after this post. But @mewsuaykat, you do realize what kind of game ALBION IS!? IT's about the PvP and the hardcore nature of gear loss and gain. Go be a pussy elsewhere and play something that is more softcore for you bud.

Also OP, Great post bro!
      Albion Resource - Making your Albion experience easier!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von SilencedMatrix ()

• OP's points are founded on this ridiculous belief that Open PvP is dead. He alludes to Trammel which literally killed PvP... like, you just couldn't do it. This is just pure stupidity.

A day after the update went live, I dropped from +2 Rep to -3 and I'm not even that good. Got plenty of kills in a small group in a Red Zone. Plenty of them were gatherers.

All this update did was kill Stupid PvP.

Stupid PvPers who think PvP should be Left Clicking a guy on a horse and watching 4 people finish them off with next to no counterplay. Stupid PvPers who's expertise at the game is picking a burst weapon, riding up to someone swinging an axe at a tree and pushing buttons at random until they get to loot.

Smart PvPers will still get plenty of kills and Albion should absolutely have systems in place to punish bad PvPers from succeeding above their weight-class. All this update does is prevent you from getting kills if you legit whiff an engage (happens to everyone), your IQ is below 80, or you just suck at video games.

At least one solo streamer who is actually good at this game is still solo ganking (forgetting his name - starts with a C), showing plenty of kills from the last couple of days.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von RockLobster ()

• SilencedMatrix schrieb:

mewsuaykat schrieb:

All of this butt hurt over a 3s dismount debuff... git guud.

BZ campers are just as much carebears as the ones they claim to be carebears.

I have literally seen the argument reduced to this: "I'm entitled to my BZ territory, non ally members are ruining my safe farm with their OP mounts... *entitlement entitlement*"

It works both ways: the people crying about the 3s dismount debuff literally want to bar all non ally players from "their" zones... YOU ALREADY HAVE THE UPPER HAND BY SHEER NUMBERS...

Stop being little bitches and man up. You're mocking the carebears while you're acting just like them. Pathetic hypocrites.
      I quit reading after this post. But @mewsuaykat, you do realize what kind of game ALBION IS!? IT's about the PvP and the hardcore nature of gear loss and gain. Go be a pussy elsewhere and play something that is more softcore for you bud.

Also OP, Great post bro!
      LOL...

Albion Online isn't Hardcore:
      - no Friendly Fire
      - no PermaDeath

Also, you suck at insulting people :)