Ganking Feedback Thread [serious]

• Tim wrote:

I ganked solo and in a small group for the past two days.

got 50+ kills in that time. I just walked around red zone, as soon as i saw blue i hit wanderlust, followed by ambush and i was able to root them.

i cant imagine ganking prior to the 3s debuff, it would have been too easy and unrewarding.

I think most were annoyed because their favourite Character Builder/ Youtube/ Streamer build was no longer the "best" for the task and the changes required some original thinking on their part.
    please share this magical land where you found 50 players AFK or without their magic carpet ride to the zoneline
  • Kreedee wrote:

They don't want good gankers in their game, so they make it less viable. Before the update I have always solo-ganked in expensive gear and with multiple gear options and plenty of different food/potions..

I immediately quit albion when they made this new change, because:

- The risk/reward is just not there if I want to gank with decent gear, but have to be blindly dismounted.

- I do not want to use cheap ass gear.

- I don't want to camp a road or a zone entrance. It's not fun.

- I don't want to zerg. It's not fun.

- I don't want to only kill people because they make major mistakes. I want to kill them because i am better than 99% of the playerbase.

So, if there is no meaningful solo pvp left for me, it is just better to find another game. Sure there are other cool types of PvP like Hellgates and GvGs, but In a couple of months when everyone has 70+ specialization I don't want to grind for 2-3 months every time I want to play a new build in competetive full loot PvP. I can play other 5v5 games that are better and without the grind.

This change is ofcourse one of many, and if I stayed, I could probably work around it, but i've learned over the last few years that SBI is just not interested in having gankers in their game, so if the good gankers stay and keep working around their anti-gank mechanics, the game will just suffer more nerfs to satisfy the carebears. So i'd rather spend my time in a game that encourage people to learn PvP, or even just learn to escape instead of AFK gathering.
    You forgot :

- i want to kill every gatherer easily as their stuff cost 100x more than mine and they can't beat me. soooo tasty.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ihriel ().

• Ihriel wrote:

Kreedee wrote:

They don't want good gankers in their game, so they make it less viable. Before the update I have always solo-ganked in expensive gear and with multiple gear options and plenty of different food/potions..

- The risk/reward is just not there if I want to gank with decent gear, but have to be blindly dismounted.

- I don't want to only kill people because they make major mistakes. I want to kill them because i am better than 99% of the playerbase.

So, if there is no meaningful solo pvp left for me, it is just better to find another game. Sure there are other cool types of PvP like Hellgates and GvGs, but In a couple of months when everyone has 70+ specialization I don't want to grind for 2-3 months every time I want to play a new build in competetive full loot PvP. I can play other 5v5 games that are better and without the grind.

This change is ofcourse one of many, and if I stayed, I could probably work around it, but i've learned over the last few years that SBI is just not interested in having gankers in their game, so if the good gankers stay and keep working around their anti-gank mechanics, the game will just suffer more nerfs to satisfy the carebears. So i'd rather spend my time in a game that encourage people to learn PvP, or even just learn to escape instead of AFK gathering.
    You forgot :
    - i want to kill every gatherer easily as their stuff cost 100x more than mine and they can't beat me. soooo tasty.
    Its all about playstyles. Always remember that the more playstyles that exist the more alive this world is. Solo is a playstyle that has been around in many forms. The developers have been continously stripping the viability of all forms of this playstyle for some time. Not all who solo are even strictly soloers. For a long time this was a really useful playstyle for filling the gaps in grouping/guild activities. When yer group is not on you could always go solo some mobs, gank, etc. At this point still exists but the experience is watered down and the entry to such activities has been narrowed as has the content of these activities. There is also very little room now. As the developers squeeze the space we are forced together. Its really silly to blame gankers when the developers are the ones forcing gatherers and gankers together. Top it off with more limitations to solo and small groups....now the developers are forcing more Xv1.

Not saying the three second rule is bad or good. Just saying its the devs forcing pvp on gatherers, the gankers are simply doing what they have always done. Over population leads to encroachment. In ecosystems when preditors are encroached upon they go after whatever they can eat. Thats how it works.
  • Rokov wrote:

Hello gyus. Solo pvp is dead again, confirmed.
    albiononline.com/ru/killboard/kill/6022822
    Fair fight 1 vs 1, enemy was at full hp at start of fight, unlucky after kill there was already several other blues who killed me and stolen all loot. :(
    l2gank.
    .. he shows a consensual 1v1 example where his victim trusts his high tier against low gear, dives because of that, for sure does some mistakes and let the thrash geared player win. go watch some beststrike videos. half of his kills are like how you killed him.
  • Rokov wrote:

Fair fight 1 vs 1, enemy was at full hp at start of fight, unlucky after kill there was already several other blues who killed me and stolen all loot.
    l2gank.
    nothing special

that only show how shitty balance is and it will force good players which spend alot of time on this game to quit

The post was edited 1 time, last by skillazor ().

• solventh wrote:

Rokov wrote:

Fair fight 1 vs 1, enemy was at full hp at start of fight, unlucky after kill there was already several other blues who killed me and stolen all loot. :(
    l2gank.
    .. he shows a consensual 1v1 example where his victim trusts his high tier against low gear, dives because of that, for sure does some mistakes and let the thrash geared player win. go watch some beststrike videos. half of his kills are like how you killed him.
    You know nothing, situation was completely different.
  • solventh wrote:

Elarahis wrote:

Now about solo ganking, I do not think it was ever possible to solo gank a good gatherer (since release, I did not play beta) unless the ganker vastly outgears the gatherer. And even it is possible with good gear the ganker has to roam around on foot, same as before so the 3s rule does not change much.
    what a..
    Go ahead and finish your sentence. How can a (non afk) gatherer die to an equally geared solo ganker?! As a gatherer when someone tries to gank me solo I mostly ignore them, finish my node, go to the next. The DLS is just too low on a single player to kill me.
  • Rokov wrote:

solventh wrote:

Rokov wrote:

l2gank.
    next time try to record then.
  • Rokov wrote:

solventh wrote:

Rokov wrote:

l2gank.
    sounds accurate to me
  • Lanc3k wrote:

it's alright, ganking will eventually lower the games population until there's no1 left to gank , problem will solve itself
    Yes and then the Ggankers will quit too because no more enough people playing to gank.

We have seen it in other games over the years.

The problem here is I beleive thatthe game used EVE as it inspiration the Outlands are like Null sec in EVE...apparently territory to be conquered by Guilds and Alliances. But EVE is a huge Environment in Space where you can hide and warp and you dont have to mine on a mule with very limited mobility either.

This game would have been much better with an UO setup where the Outlands are actually like Red zones ruleset. You can attack and loot but there is consequence, you become a criminal. Because ganking is a criminal behaviour to begin with. And unfortunately people think that it is just a game, because EVE is a Dystopia...and its players as allienated as it.

A Dystopia meaning, "an imagined place or state in which everything is unpleasant or bad, typically a totalitarian or environmentally degraded one." ...

And the mistake here is that, by taking inspiration by EVE, I am afraid Albion inherited the Dystopia from it...which will result in this game becoming a niche one like EVE too, because most people (players), do not like living in a Dystopia. Our real life is not one, and especially in a game set in Magic and Medi Eval settings, Fantasy setting the association is Game of Thrones, Middle Earth, Lord of the Rings etc, Arthur and the Knights of Camelot...(pun!)...and all these are not Dystopian settings.

They are romaticised Good vs Evil Settings...

The Outlands the way they are do not have a notion of "Evil"...it is just Dystopian.

We shall see how this pans out in the future..but already if this thread is indication.

Ironically, by removing the"evil" element you also discourage the "Good" element that would come to fight evil. As we are witnessing in the Royal Continent and Good individuals and guilds are fighting off the Evil (red) ones.

Now imagine if all of the Outlands were like that? That would be really a step towards a less Dystopian and more Glorious experience, opening the way to more communication and meaningful interaction within the world of Albion. Ganking is not meaningful interaction.

If only... but definitely something to consider.
    ~ Duke Suraknar ~

Order of the Silver Star, OSS
    "Everyone dies, not everyone really fights!"
    ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997, OSS Atlantic Shard
  • Lanc3k wrote:

it's alright, ganking will eventually lower the games population until there's no1 left to gank , problem will solve itself

ganking wont lower the population.

cos in this game everyone has or will have multiple characters when they go experienced. that means the same person will be a gatherer also. only like %10 to 20 might leave cos they only like gathering and that means game can only lose "them". so i dont call that a loss at population.

this is where @Korn and the other devs make a mistake in thinking. they think easiness to kill gatherers will destroy pvp and game population but it wont becos of the reason: every ganker is also "a gatherer."

The post was edited 3 times, last by solventh ().

• There is a difference between solo gankers who think they are the best at pvp as long as they can have the first hit or have surprise on their side and being trapped ambushed conned by those people who exploited/cheated/accountshared/botted to t8 and think slapping people around 5 or more v1 is good play.
    NO one who is a gamer minds losing in a fair ish fight. Most gamers do mind losing to a 10v1 crew of people who clearly have taken advantage of the inefficiency of the team to understand the gameplay.
    WOULDNT IT BE GREAT if there was ever a game where ONE of the team actually played the game and understood what the players talk about. (they wouldnt have to pay him much and for many a free account with premium status would be fine)
  • Ihriel wrote:

Kreedee wrote:

You forgot :
    Actually I know Kreedee, and that isn't(wasn't) how he rolls.
  • Daemion wrote:

I find it interesting that even if you do get dismounted by a coordinated gank squad, you still can't defend yourself for 3 seconds due to the implementation of this "3 second rule".

Does this sound fair in any way to you guys?
    Well, the outnumbering gankers will tell you that it's fair, only because it benefits them.

As a solo player I will tell you that it's clearly not.

But most of the outnumbering gankers will tell you that 8vs1 was fair (obviously trying to troll).
  • Thing is that no matter how you bash the gankers, you don't want black zone to become just another red zone. Yes in prime time zergs are unavoidable, and that is fine with me, because i go BZ and actually find a lot of 6/6, 4/4, 5/5 nodes that nobody wants or cares about. If they changed ruleset to be similar to that of red zone, most of the resource nodes would be gathered clean just like in royal continent. And honestly, in BZ even if you are ganked once, you will gather more than in royal continent. Also, experienced gatherers are already familiar with runaway tactics, they learned to listen to their surroundings, gets on mount everytime they notice a nametag on the corner of their screen, they also have appropriate tools to escape (cleanse, invis, wanderlust, bloodletter dash for example), they take fast mounts to BZ like t6/t7/t8 armored horses, direwolves. And having all that you can only die to a t4 zerg by your own mistake (or server fault, but that is another topic), because, let's be honest, most gankers don't go above t5 mount and even t5 is rare among them.