Ganking Feedback Thread [serious]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Korn just likes to assume things and make things up as he goes. He has never backed his claims with evidence. Not once. Its always,

"No guys its not like this, trust me, its the other way."

With no real substance. He is just the guy who is here to basically do damage control for shit tier developer's.
  • Abcsam wrote:

I think people just need to get better at solo pvp. I get ganked here and there and I talked to people that still have no trouble getting kills. You guys just need to evolve with the game.
    or maybe you should get better in escaping when gathering.
    whoever dies to a solo player while gathering right now is a complete nb.
    Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.
  • The change was needed and is working fine to prevent group gangbangs by unskilled pseudo-pvp ers who could "pvp" only 5+ vs 1. It s true that this change made group pvp (group vs group) much "slower" and defensive but overall it is good change. Before there was NO CHANCE to escape unless gankesr were a failure, which was a much greater problem than group pvp problems. Now we at least have time to think of better solution.

And solo ganking is still very possible and happening. I m having a lot of fun solo killing mostly those pseudo pvp-ers. All this cry about 3sec rule comes from ppl who cant even properly set up gank or fight and what they actually have done was group jumping on single ppl and calling this "PvP". If you really miss that, go away, we wont miss you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vanhoek ().

• Vanhoek wrote:

Before there was NO CHANCE to escape unless ganker was a failure, which was a much greater problem than group pvp problems. Now we at least have time to think of better solution.

you sir, know nothing about gathering and escaping.

already said that, but im saying it again:
    i got t8 gathering in beta without NEVER being killed by a solo player. Only groups killed me while gathering.
    now quit your bullshit.
    Artificial intelligence will never beat natural stupidiy.
  • The 3s rule does not affect solo ganking at all unless you are roaming around mounted, which was never good anyway. Even before the 3s rule a mounted ganker had 0% chance of even dismounting me. The 3s rule however is a big hit to 5+ groups chasing a solo gatherer and staggering mounts/dismounts to perma break gallop. I do not think it is a bad change, now ganking in large groups require you to be unmounted which gives the gatherer a chance to escape if is good.

I have a gatherer character and I can succesfully escape most ganks, never ever died to 1 or 2 PKers, even before the 3s rule. Now the 3s rules allows me to succesfull escape unskilled 3+ ganker groups.

I also have a PvP character and I did some ganking in 3-5 player groups. Our success rate has always been close to 100% when attempting to kill a gatherer while he was gathering.

Having seen both faces of the coin I think we are at a nice balance here. If skilled gatherers can escape lousy gankers and if decent gankers can easily kill careless gatherers, it means skill is involved for both parties and that is a good thing for the game.

Now about solo ganking, I do not think it was ever possible to solo gank a good gatherer (since release, I did not play beta) unless the ganker vastly outgears the gatherer. And even it is possible with good gear the ganker has to roam around on foot, same as before so the 3s rule does not change much.
  • Silks wrote:

Vanhoek wrote:

Before there was NO CHANCE to escape unless ganker was a failure, which was a much greater problem than group pvp problems. Now we at least have time to think of better solution.
    you sir, know nothing about gathering and escaping.

already said that, but im saying it again:
    i got t8 gathering in beta without NEVER being killed by a solo player. Only groups killed me while gathering.
    now quit your bullshit.
    Right, I should ve written "gankers" as plural, since escaping from 1 ganker was indeed possible.

However, shame you telling me to "quit my bullshit" while you do not adress previous group ganking problem that was in game and teleport camping. Both solved by this change. Also, shame you write incognito so we can not check your awsome performance which I call bullshit now :)
    It s not beta, it s release with much more ppl and t4 meta not t8.
  • Terrorsauce wrote:

Korn just likes to assume things and make things up as he goes. He has never backed his claims with evidence. Not once. Its always,

"No guys its not like this, trust me, its the other way."

With no real substance. He is just the guy who is here to basically do damage control for shit tier developer's.
    Pretty much. And even when he does provide numbers (see the LP and alt discussion threadnought) his conclusions on the data presented are completely wrong and misleading.

He's just a spin doctor, making [serious] threads so people have an illusion their feedback will be taken seriously and don't create too many diferrent topics here or on reddit, so that a new potential customer doesn't see as many negative feedback threads since they are channeled in [srious] threads.
  • Terrorsauce wrote:

Abcsam wrote:

I think people just need to get better at solo pvp. I get ganked here and there and I talked to people that still have no trouble getting kills. You guys just need to evolve with the game.
    albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/bitFlm21TLWWhRlFkYum-g
    SICK 4000 kill fame bro! You seriously adapted! A false narrative coming from some shill who doesnt even PvP.

Next.
    HAHAHA did you even read what i was talking about all I do is gather and heal I never go out ganking.
  • Abcsam wrote:

Terrorsauce wrote:

Abcsam wrote:

albiononline.com/en/killboard/player/bitFlm21TLWWhRlFkYum-gSICK 4000 kill fame bro! You seriously adapted! A false narrative coming from some shill who doesnt even PvP.

Next.
    HAHAHA did you even read what i was talking about all I do is gather and heal I never go out ganking.
    You are irrelevant in this post then.
    The True Victor.

Make Albion Great Again!
  • I ganked solo and in a small group for the past two days.

got 50+ kills in that time. I just walked around red zone, as soon as i saw blue i hit wanderlust, followed by ambush and i was able to root them.

i cant imagine ganking prior to the 3s debuff, it would have been too easy and unrewarding.

I think most were annoyed because their favourite Character Builder/ Youtube/ Streamer build was no longer the "best" for the task and the changes required some original thinking on their part.