Ganking Feedback Thread [serious]

• Seadee wrote:

DeadHorse wrote:

Seadee wrote:

prior to this patch when you manually dismounted wasn't there a delay before you could use abilities anyway?
    You couldn't use the abilities but you could auto-attack. Forcing the mount to go slower and giving you time to get the ability timer ready.
    oh so this prevents auto attack as well? ah of course, because when you can auto attack you knock gallop off making them slow down and be easy to catch up, hence the delay in attacking,
    EASY?

I've seen 10+ people chase T4 horses across entire map lengths without success, and plenty of T4 horse rides riding in circles just taunting players. With this patch, it finally became clear that the risk/reward | effort/reward aren't there, and that to get people killed you more or less have to rely on either being a large zerg, or on random mobs to slow your targets down, or just attack targets that are already engaged in combat. All three ways to me, is cowardice, and I wish this game would fix the small scale fair PvP, at least in red.
  • Korn wrote:

Thanks for the feedback.

The goal of these changes is to deal issues caused by the horse-hopping technique.

If a target is being chased by 2 or more players, and one of them has a faster mount, he could basically never get away. The fast mounter ganker would chase, dismount, interrupted gallop with auto-attack and the other guy would then catch up. This could be repeated indefinitely.

Before we had the gallop mechanic, this problem did not exist, meaning that if you had managed to escape from a gank attempt, and managed to get away on your mount, you'd generally be safe. That escaping from ganks is theoretically possible is crucial for the Outlands to work, otherwise they are effectively completely shut down to solo and small group players.

It's not our intention to significantly change the ganking balance in normal combat situations, such as when you sneak up on a dismounted gatherer or PvEer, or when you are already in a fight and then try to escape from that fight. If you watch PvP videos from successful solo gankers, you'll notice that almost all of their ganks happen in the above situations.

What we want to address though is the following: people should be able to break through portal camps, and if the break through, they should be relatively safe for the time being, and not be chased down by the campers 10 seconds later. And secondly, people who are watchful and play smart should be able to play in the Outlands without facing certain death everytime they meet a ganker. This does not mean that they should get away 100% of the time either, rather, it should be a game between cat and mouse.

Note also that the 3 seconds pass quite quickly: if, for example, you are mounted, and other player tries to run "through you", you'll still get to auto-attack him, and hence interrupt his gallop. If, however, that player has cleared you, and is now running away, chasing him down from behind is more difficult - and that's really what it should be.

Those of you who have played Eve know that if you try to gank somebody, and they manage to hit warp, they are usually gone. Even after the changes with today's patch, it is still a lot easier to catch a mounted player in Albion than it is to catch a warping player in Eve.
    imo problem is not horse hopping of 1 player, real problem is 10 players vs 1 with no penalty. You get same loot and amount of fame if you solo kill or with 100 friends. There should be some imbalance set to reward you full loot and fame if you solo kill and penalty for fame and loot if more players involved vs less players..

just my thoughts..
  • If this isnt a solo game, why is there changed being made to help solo gatherers?

and quite frankly pre patch if the guy is paying attention and has his escape abilities on you werent gonna catch him. this is a GVG game, part of that is interrupting enemy supply lines so they arent at peak performance/gear/money if they are choosing to do it solo thats their problem

besides, this has had the unintended effect now of making it super easy in the redzone, the white knight blob that comes after every kill can nolonger catch you so i am of mixed opinions right now last night was so fun since it was pretty much guaranteed escape
  • Midge wrote:

If this isnt a solo game, why is there changed being made to help solo gatherers?

and quite frankly pre patch if the guy is paying attention and has his escape abilities on you werent gonna catch him. this is a GVG game, part of that is interrupting enemy supply lines so they arent at peak performance/gear/money if they are choosing to do it solo thats their problem

besides, this has had the unintended effect now of making it super easy in the redzone, the white knight blob that comes after every kill can nolonger catch you so i am of mixed opinions right now last night was so fun since it was pretty much guaranteed escape
    Not intended for solo players; however, we are going to change the game for carebear gathers. Those same gathers that don't gather in a party, and those same gathers that are solo and getting dicked on 1v1.
  • FashoBro wrote:

Midge wrote:

If this isnt a solo game, why is there changed being made to help solo gatherers?

Not intended for solo players; however, we are going to change the game for carebear gathers. Those same gathers that don't gather in a party because they are too greedy for profit, but the gathers that are solo and getting dicked on 1v1.
    Fixed that for you.

Its almost like in the grand game of RISK and REWARD they wanted to go solo to keep all that sweet sweet money for themselves and got shit on for it
  • Midge wrote:

FashoBro wrote:

Midge wrote:

Not intended for solo players; however, we are going to change the game for carebear gathers. Those same gathers that don't gather in a party because they are too greedy for profit, but the gathers that are solo and getting dicked on 1v1.
    Fixed that for you.
    Its almost like in the grand game of RISK and REWARD they wanted to go solo to keep all that sweet sweet money for themselves and got shit on for it
    Good man ty!
  • @Deadoks long gone are the times when players actually created the content themselves. When you actually created strong bonds with other players in games. When you were thrown into the wilderness to survive without any hand helding. Todays kids wan't easy, fast, low skill shit they can finish in a few months so they can move to the next title.

Stupid are the devs who follow this trend, and weak that they do not have the confidence to make their own game. Albion is either one of those games that fell victim to following the instant gratification easy world game trend or they have so much inner conflict that there are several directions being taken simultaniously, can't know for sure as i don't work there. But its one or the other.

All what SBI said about this project has been crushed over time, if you watch the first videos of the team talking about good times of UO, a dangerous world with full loot pvp and sandbox enviroment. None of that is here anymore. This game is not hardcore, it's not sandbox and it sure as hell ain't a dangerous world. Full loot sure, but with such restrictions in pvp that who cares anymore. Something went terribly wrong a long the way.
    Ding dong the witch is dead!

Officer of Nilfgaard (Haamu's party)
  • Cahoots wrote:

Korn wrote:

Note also that the 3 seconds pass quite quickly: if, for example, you are mounted, and other player tries to run "through you", you'll still get to auto-attack him, and hence interrupt his gallop.
    Can someone explain this to me? I'm just not getting it. If I'm mounted and the other player tried run "through me" how am I going to get an auto-attack? I still need to dismount and it's going to take a player less than 3s to move "through me".
    Here is my explaination, these people just throw in the first shit they think as the perfect polish for their game. And they are basically dick striking it with every move they do.

And of course, a lot more stupid changes like this will happens while we still no have a proper UI, and don't even speak about management tools for guild, alliances, etc.

I love the game but unfortunately a little bit less every day and of course, literally no hopes on devs changing their preferences to actual needed stuff.
    Get Ready 4

• Korn wrote:

Even after the changes with today's patch, it is still a lot easier to catch a mounted player in Albion than it is to catch a warping player in Eve.
    You should not talk about EvE online anymore .
    Unlike you, CCP dont Casualize their game, because they are scared to lose premium member.

Blob mark / 3sec rules in yellow/red zone ? why not.
    in Black zone ? for real ? you are just ruining your own game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Charlouf ().