Ganking Feedback Thread [serious]

• "Also it's questionable for the health of the game, solo gatherers already got screwed by t8 being exclusive to watchtowers, zergs got screwed by blobs, now gankers get screwed, eventually there won't be much left to do in open world, nobody will be left to play the game."

They said its not intended to play solo, so why should gathering solo be profitable, the less ganking the less profit i guess.

Now, Ganking was one of the tools a smaller guild could use to harass bigger guilds economy line.

Now dying in this game helps the economy, the weaker will be culled. and the more somebody dies the "bigger" chance it is to make a demand.

its the 2-4 man guys that suffer, Also the solo player. the small groups goal is kill gatherers and fight other small groups to limit the amount of resources larger guild has..

Now a zergs goal is to fight another zerg. not to go catch 1 player.

Its a sandbox with now instead of a shovel you have a spoon. if you get ganked that often, why dont you bring your friends to protect you ?. (you have to chase a whole zone anyway)

things like getting killed often should inspire conflict, oh you got mad since you where gathering and didnt use your gathering spells ?. Then bring your friends out to kill them.

like in rs, nobody masses up 1 hour to get 60 people to kill 1 dude. The occasional 1 dude that is braindead running into the "zerg" do. they mass up to fight any other zergs.
  • Baeguth wrote:

FriendlyFire wrote:

I spent some time ganking tonight with a group

Yup, it was as a group.

I don't know if this change hurts or helps solo pvpers more. Obviously, it's harder for them to kill. But they also benefit from the improved PKer ecosystem. More targets, more chances.

It may be that a gatherer playing without mistakes is impossible for a solo pvper to catch. However, people make mistakes. There was a guy AFKing wearing a 100K rare quality artifact. He came back after a couple of seconds, but it was far too late by then.

Only time will tell if how the changes work out for solo gankers.
  • I have a solution. Since mounts cant really be changed in a negative way anymore.
    The gatherer needs to become vulnerable at some point, so its still a challenge for both gatherer/ganker.

When gatherer dismounts to gather their resource it kicks in debuff mounting timer 5/10sec.
    While he is gathering the debuff remains active and only once he is done gathering the cooldown begins 5/10sec.
    then he can mount again. This way he still has to be alert and it also gives the person to catch him off guard.
  • 3 second delay is a bad change

The three second delay change is meant to help solo and smaller groups escape larger groups. The problem is, this change means PKs require larger zergs, making fair fights even more rare.

I don't post here but this change may soon cause me to lose interest in the game. I've already put in a week and some $ so I thought I'd share my thoughts before finding something else to do. My background starts with Ultima Online beta in '96, to 2001. Yes I was a PK, but I also enjoy duels and small group PvP, in addition to ZvZ. UO was ruined by cry babies. Absolutely and without doubt. You cannot cater to those who whine for the game to be easier. Easy games are not fun. The harder the game, and the higher the risk the reward, the better. UO was the ultimate game when it started out because it was the most difficult and had the highest risk to reward ratio.

Look Albion, you guys had an amazing launch with more success than most predicted. Making such a drastic change now is not smart. You were obviously doing something right, change course now and you'll find your game was a flash success. The whiners will keep playing, you have to block them out. People like me don't threaten to quit, we aren't mad, we will just find something better to do. No one quits out of anger, people quit out of boredom.
  • Lol wtf, why is everybody talking about their l33t ganking skills when all they have is a bunch of shit kills like that. Shit fame except for 1 and they aren't even relevant guilds, is that even in black zones ? I mean I have no doubt you can gank a bunch of random noobs in low outlands who don't know what they are doing but when people from major guilds come here to complain, I don't think that's exactly what they have in mind when they talk about ganking.
    I guess you could say, it might be suggested, some argue, it's been hinted, that EoS wins again.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Access ().

• Access wrote:

Lol wtf, why is everybody talking about their l33t ganking skills when all they have is a bunch of shit kills like that. All shit fame and they aren't even relevant guilds.
    Yeah, i still did some pvp today too. I got 10 kills when i normally get 35-40, all low gear & low horse.
    The point is, exactly as Acces was pointing out, T5 warhorse and up to T6 are impossible to catch now.
  • Fa1th wrote:

Yeah, i still did some pvp today too. I got 10 kills when i normally get 35-40, all low gear & low horse.The point is, exactly as Acces was pointing out, T5 warhorse and up to T6 are impossible to catch now.
    Yup that's pretty much what it is, I can get kills but it's nothing like before and once everybody is on armored horses the game is going to be very different. I currently gather on a t6 armored and I am pretty much unkillable, you need to really fuck up to die now, anybody who is mounted is a complete non-threat.
    I guess you could say, it might be suggested, some argue, it's been hinted, that EoS wins again.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Access ().

• Again a fix that breaks down to making some parts of the game totally imba.

Pisses me off that everytime the devs have to "fix" shit by breaking other stuff due to their own ignorance of the game.

I have been dismounted several times and faced probably 30-50 gank attempts during release on my gatherer. Easily dodged all of them. And im only running a T4 Stag with gathering gear, bloodletter and mistcaller.

Wait till every bz gatherer runs a t7+ armored mount. It's basically impossible to kill those even pre patch, not it literally is impossible.

This is again great proof how the devs don't know jack shit about their own game and while they are "fixing" one thing, they break other stuff.
    Ding dong the witch is dead!

Officer of Nilfgaard (Haamu's party)
  • Pepitorl wrote:

It was already difficult to get someone off the horse, now it requires a lot more people, so the pvp will be less evenly balanced.

Before I could go only to kill, now I have to go in a group of 6 to be able to kill a farmer who is sending messages from the mobile ...
    You are not need more players to kill someone, you just need to stay on feet and gang without mounts. Mounts should not be pvp engagement tool, it was not designed for that, it is only travel and running away tool. Probably it is pretty hard for zergs, coz in that way they became more easy to catch, but it is what "risk vs reward" means. If you want gang someone, you should also step in danger situation.

Too tanked oxes and armor horses is another problem, which has no overlaps with abusing gallop mode for zerging 10 vs 1.
  • @Korn

Impressive to see how u make a change like that 15 day after release and 2 years of beta.
    Dunno how u tested ur 3sec sh*t in BZ

Enemies dont even turn around to chase and kill me even a full group

korn : "Claim territory, defend your lands, but not if they are mounted" Dear lord u just did impressive shit.

You should at least, not put those 3sec in BZ, or let 2/3sec and remove horse sprint.

Today your "now with hector, game is set, no major change.... oh wait, now you can't stop anyone on horse even on your own lands" is kinda fun to read

PS : anyway thank you, now i can farm in Circling vulture without any fear, even VS 20+ enemies

The post was edited 3 times, last by Charlouf ().

• Rokov wrote:

Pepitorl wrote:

It was already difficult to get someone off the horse, now it requires a lot more people, so the pvp will be less evenly balanced.

Before I could go only to kill, now I have to go in a group of 6 to be able to kill a farmer who is sending messages from the mobile ...
    You are not need more players to kill someone, you just need to stay on feet and gang without mounts. Mounts should not be pvp engagement tool, it was not designed for that, it is only travel and running away tool. Probably it is pretty hard for zergs, coz in that way they became more easy to catch, but it is what "risk vs reward" means. If you want gang someone, you should also step in danger situation.
    Too tanked oxes and armor horses is another problem, which has no overlaps with abusing gallop mode for zerging 10 vs 1.
    If they see the name of a PK before being on the screen, they will mount on the mount and leave, is worthless.

If this is going to be so, they should increase the time it takes to ride to balance the situation.

I would also add 3 seconds to hit mobs and collect to use the mount ONLY for transport, right?

Now it is impossible to follow a horse because you can not stop the gallop and if it is T5 + worse tier yet
  • Rokov wrote:

Pepitorl wrote:

Wtf! If u run without mount ur Freeloot. If u try solo to gank someone u have to work hard to kill the mount most with much cd's if the target comes of the mount he has all cd's rdy and the ganker burns all for the mount. Now its a hit and run against a gatherer or pvp player with all cd's rdy... U run unmountet over the whole map isn't danger enough?! I think ur on of the guys that only go out in a group.

The post was edited 1 time, last by IneadHealing ().

• Pepitorl wrote:

If they see the name of a PK before being on the screen, they will mount on the mount and leave, is worthless.
    If this is going to be so, they should increase the time it takes to ride to balance the situation.

I would also add 3 seconds to hit mobs and collect to use the mount ONLY for transport, right?

Now it is impossible to follow a horse because you can not stop the gallop and if it is T5 + worse tier yet
    Use fast boots and cc, e.g. hunter boots provide 120% ms boost for 3 seconds - its enough to get close to his horse and press E on claws, for example. Also you can slow him with double bladed stuff, root with frost, stun with hammer and a lot of other possibilities. Come to him from right direction, so he will not see you too early. Use invis to get another advanttage for several meters. It is all about using your skill and positioning correctly. Before patch it was always just about more numbers - as more players you have in your zerg, easier becomes dismounting, just stop his gallop once and you got him. Now it is exactly not just about numbers, it is about experience and skill-based.