Remove Healing Bonus From Armors

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Remove Healing Bonus From Armors

I honestly thing they should remove the healing bonus from armors in Albion Online. Make All Armors passively give a 50% Healing Bonus to healing, or just add it to base power of weapons.

For aesthetic reasons and gameplay reasons, other classes have a wide variety of ways they can play.
      • Someone with an axe can go soldier helm, assassin jacket and hunter shoes for an opimal damage build, or run some plate and heavy armor for defenses and bruiser gameplay.
      • A frost mage can go 1 handed and shield, with knight armor and druid cowl for a really great snare/poke support build
      • Rangers can opt for a maximum dps cloth build or standardized dps/medium defense leather build, mix and match.

But a healer has 2 options when picking a healing staff, and very, very slim choices for armor.
      • Cleric Robes (Good for heal power and invulnurability)
      • Mage Robes (Only because it has 50% Healing, it'c unique active doesn't help at all)
      • Druid Robes (For artifact power, and occasionally the ability)
      Have been the only optimal build items, at all for a cleric, always backline, always squishy, when you could promote a number of other healthy build options, and variety to healers.

Items that could become viable healing
      • Royal Jacket (Wow, 100% CD and 30% cast speed Rally Buff on a cleric, is a nice situational addition)
      • Demon Armor (If they ever buffed it since it's weak af)
      • Royal Armor (Wow, mana regen for you and your entire party on a healer)
      • Knight Armor (Wind Wall, why not)
      • Guardian Armor (AoE Damage Debuff, or look cool in giant armor)

These are all items that could use some love, and aren't seeing much use in the meta due to there being other options more suited for the particular roles people play, but all options that a healer could slot in that could add tremendously to their team.

Cloth Standings
      While also making all the cloth armors an equal playing ground for a healer to use
      • Druid Robe (Gets a good 10% Healing Buff, and gives it the smaller edge an artifact armor should have)
      • Cleric Robes (stay in just about the same spot and is still viable)
      • Schollar Robes (now gives a decent option and isn't a shrug because of the -10%)

Thanks for the read, I hope everyone thinks this is a great idea, I've played since first beta and, like everyone else wants to see the game to greater fruition, have a nice day :D

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von sebasgann ()

• That would just move the problem from all healers only being able to choose between cloth, to only being able to choose between plate, because if you healed the same amount as you did in plate as you did in cloth, why on earth would you ever wear cloth when you can get twice the armor and cc resil in plate?
    • With mana pots and druid cowls I don't think mana would be a issue anymore. Plate don't need a healing buff. I have run a leather healing build with the assassin's jacket though. Not the best healing output but gave you mad survivability with low cd so you could spam your w and e more often. Making it more of a clutch healer but not really made for sustain healing.
    • Healers are already running gigantify pots, frost shield and some sort of escape or defense on their helm with iceblock or cleanse, they've already got plenty of defenses, doing this just needs them to focus less defense and get passive defenses, and focus much more on the different kinds of utility available in the game.

You could remove the healing buff completely from each piece of armor, and there would still be benefits and drawbacks to having plate or cloth. Plate has more health and resistance. Cloth has more max energy and energy regeneration. This decision would just open the possibility to more creative and numerous builds for healers in Albion online because there's only, general meta build with the exception of an item, maybe two different from each healer.

Almost each other weapon in the game can use a variety of armor categories and still be efficient. Cursed Frost and Arcane Plate users have seen play, Fire relies heavily on damage as it lacks utility and Healing is literally retarded with anything but cloth.

The Goal is to open up a larger selection of things to pick from for healers, and I'm willing to bet there's an audience in Albion Online that have always wanted to wear plate and be a healer, just yesterday I saw a guy in plate armor and a great holy staff, and we made fun of him and called him names, but I late thought that, back in the first beta, I wanted to do the first thing, and learned it was impossible in this game. Post launch and I'm bringing it up.
    • At one point in time they didn't have the healing boost just like you suggest. They didn't even have the damage buffs. You know what everyone ran? Plate. Everyone plate. Damage was plate, healers had plate. All other armors became obsolete. The way it is now, most armor pieces has its place in the meta with different builds.
    • I'm sure most gear has it's place in the meta, somewhere big or some niche build but when it comes to wearing medium or heavy armor category armors on healers that's the exception, it's just unorthodox, it doesn't work, the healer can't do their job.

Some of the gear I mentioned that could be utilized by healers, aren't utilized at all by anyone, and could fit perfectly in the healer slot of any 5v5 team. Like I said you could wipe healing bonus from armors and there'd still be a benefit to run cloth over plate or the other way around.

As I said earlier, I'm sure I'm not the only one in the Albion Community that's ever wanted to run plate on a healer or would still love to run a healing staff on some of the heavy armors, problem is I just can't without being scrutinized by 99% of the Albion Community.

I'm sure that the albion developers intended mages to be heavy damage dealers that could be killed easily but the fact is, there are just as big mele threats or other ranged threats that can run in a wide variety of gear, hell there's the Nilfguard that runs Clarent Blade and Druid Robes for christ sake.
    • sebasgann schrieb:

As I said earlier, I'm sure I'm not the only one in the Albion Community that's ever wanted to run plate on a healer or would still love to run a healing staff on some of the heavy armors, problem is I just can't without being scrutinized by 99% of the Albion Community.
      This is where your issue is at. Anyone trying to run anything that hasn't been proven to work will be scrutinized by the community. If I show up as a nature healer in a assassin's jacket, what would you say to me? But I used it and it worked. Wasn't the best healing build ever but it did a job that healers have a hard time doing. That was popping key heals to keep someone alive that would have died and staying alive long enough in the fight to do so. This is something very niche that most people would much rather have a actual healer or more damage but that doesn't main I provided nothing to the team.
    • healers do have the options to choose other armours, just that they will heal lesser,

if all armour have the same high healing bonus, the healer running plate armour will be truly unkillable, this is just simply overpowered,

and the options you mentioned wouldnt exist, because all healers will be running in plate, they do not need damage bonus from cloth, and damage reduction / disengage active armour skills on plate is strong enough to keep them alive.

if we see healers running plates and still have the same healing power in pvp, then there will be metas such as 5 healers in gvg, never dies and guaranteed to win.

so what you mentioned just dont work at all.
    • Furinkazan schrieb:

healers do have the options to choose other armours, just that they will heal lesser,

and the options you mentioned wouldnt exist, because all healers will be running in plate, they do not need damage bonus from cloth, and damage reduction / disengage active armour skills on plate is strong enough to keep them alive.
      If that were the case then the other people in the party beside the healer would die quicker aside from the healer, and most of the options I did mention that could become meta were all plate armors. The idea would be playing a different kind of healer, a different approach and more variety. If a healer in plate runs out of mana, cool, pop a royal plate armor ability for mana leach ability for him and team, front line heals and actually make use of the armor.

And don't give me the bullshit "Healers can wear any armor, their heals would just be lesser" because you know that a healer that can't heal can't do their job. The game was balanced so that the amount of healing generated by a healer in cloth with 45-50% healing bonus is sufficient and where the game needs to be at, not plate with 5% healing bonus.

Kappatronic schrieb:

if you die as a healer your team is bad.
      I'm not saying "Make healers tankier" or that I die too much, my guild is in the top 5 of kill fame and we're doing quite fine thank you. I'm just saying I'd like more options or a different approach to healing because I'd like the game to be more fun.
    • sebasgann schrieb:

Furinkazan schrieb:

healers do have the options to choose other armours, just that they will heal lesser,

If that were the case then the other people in the party beside the healer would die quicker aside from the healer, and most of the options I did mention that could become meta were all plate armors. The idea would be playing a different kind of healer, a different approach and more variety. If a healer in plate runs out of mana, cool, pop a royal plate armor ability for mana leach ability for him and team, front line heals and actually make use of the armor.
      And don't give me the bullshit "Healers can wear any armor, their heals would just be lesser" because you know that a healer that can't heal can't do their job. The game was balanced so that the amount of healing generated by a healer in cloth with 45-50% healing bonus is sufficient and where the game needs to be at, not plate with 5% healing bonus.

Kappatronic schrieb:

if you die as a healer your team is bad.
      I'm not saying "Make healers tankier" or that I die too much, my guild is in the top 5 of kill fame and we're doing quite fine thank you. I'm just saying I'd like more options or a different approach to healing because I'd like the game to be more fun.
      your guild. you?
      a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.
    • Kantos schrieb:

That would just move the problem from all healers only being able to choose between cloth, to only being able to choose between plate, because if you healed the same amount as you did in plate as you did in cloth, why on earth would you ever wear cloth when you can get twice the armor and cc resil in plate?
      Thats kinda what one of our healer runs, Assasins chest (for stealth) Guardian boots and soldier helm. He still heals fine and he got a cubic butt load of defence ability that keep him alive when everyone focuses on him. The assasin chest actually works well for nature healers cause the HoT heal them practically back to full hp when near death while invised.
    • Yes yes, the assassin jacket is an interesting pick for a healer and I've seen it a couple times and the only reason it's viable is because the ability synergies well with a healer but I can garentee that the fine line you looked at was the 30% healing bonus on it.

If it were any lower people wouldn't use it, much less any kind of plate Armor, most plates have 5%, graveguard has 10% and guardian is 0%
    • sebasgann schrieb:

Furinkazan schrieb:

OH then give plate armour 50% damage bonus that cloth has please? and dont give me bullshit like bruisers or tank can wear any armour, just that they deal lesser damage, just you know that if a bruiser or tank cant take damage and cant do their job? damage bonus is sufficient and the game needs to be at, not plate with 5% damage bonus for tanks?
      give cloth armour 200 extra armour that plate has? then why do we need plate or cloth armour then? all armour is the same in status just that they have different skills.

completely non-sense.

healer wear cloth, such that they heal more, but instead dies quicker if enemy focus fire on them, and if they decide to wear plate, so they can live longer, then they must sacrifice their heal power and power to keep team alive. it is a balanced trade off. anyone else has this trade off too, if a curse mage wants to use windwall on knight armor, he will have to give up damage bonus from cloth. if a mace tank wants to use berserk, he will have to give up armor bonus.

so you are saying only healer shouldnt lose anything for those trade offs, and call it balanced for the game? think again.