New Item for Legendary Founders & Website Goodness!

• Zarf wrote:

I had the one of the largest plots in the city last test, with taxes, I had to pay 7000 silver every 24 hours to keep my plot. My plot was large enough to hold four T6 production buildings. Instead I built my own personal T5 guildhall, which took up the entire space.
    A very large house. :)

Ok but normally this is supposed to be shared by a guild?

Hmm..I really dislike this kind of gam,e mechanics, youmean I cannot take a break from the game without losing something?

In UO we only had to refresh the house by opening the door, in SWG there was "taxes" but we could fill the House with enough credits to not have to bother for months, was easy to make credits, and did not cost much for houses.

I do not like it in Arche Age...I have cancelled premium in AA and transferred my house to others. I came to have fun not to have a second job with weekly bills and responsibilities, jesus..more and more games become like work it is rediculous...who thinks of mechanics like that?
    ~ Duke Suraknar ~

Order of the Silver Star, OSS
    "Everyone dies, not everyone really fights!"
    ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997, OSS Atlantic Shard
  • Next test they are implementing islands, will be primarily for farming. But will also be an important asset for casual players. Silver upkeep has been replaced with food. Though we do not know how much yet. Land will be some what limited, as such only active players will be able to hold land, unless they purchase gold and buy the needed resources for upkeep. With limited land, you shouldn't be able to buy it and log in once a week to refresh it, and not play the game.
  • When the world is bigger and not every lair is over farmed, you can make a lot silver by killing veteran monsters. Combined with the cheapest plot available you can farm enough in hours to pay the bills for a month. With the latest change to food as currency we have to see how it plays out.
    Furthermore there is no upkeep for plots on islands as far as I know. Just higher building costs.
    On the other side, being in a guild and having an own house is not so good, because you lose a lot farmed silver with guild taxes.
  • Zarf wrote:

Great looking house, thank you DEV team. :)
    Could we get a look inside? Is the second story and balcony accessable? Can we upgrade it to T5+ ?

Not sure the inside's quite done yet, but maybe I'll pop a screenshot up here when I can.
    It's just the ground floor; balcony is just a nice decorative touch :)
    There's a boat-house for each tier!

Istvan wrote:

It has just amazing look or some additional features?:P

Just an amazing look! You'll still be able to place furniture inside it obviously, though.

Snowman wrote:

Is it possible to enter the second floor?

Nope, only the ground floor!

Sulorie wrote:

Updated to Legendary. :D

Thanks so much! :thumbsup:

Josh wrote:

Does this house come "pre-built" and we just have to place it? Or is it a construction plan?

I'm assuming it's a construction plan, but I figured i'd ask.

Either way, I hope it is a one-time use.

It will function as a building like any other, so you'll have the option to place a construction site for it and then deposit resources to build it. Founders will receive a special resource which will be required to construct this particular building, but only one, so it's possible to "trade" the house if you'd like. I hope that makes sense. It didn't to me for a long time.

Any more questions just let me know!
  • Zarf wrote:

Next test they are implementing islands, will be primarily for farming. But will also be an important asset for casual players. Silver upkeep has been replaced with food. Though we do not know how much yet. Land will be some what limited, as such only active players will be able to hold land, unless they purchase gold and buy the needed resources for upkeep. With limited land, you shouldn't be able to buy it and log in once a week to refresh it, and not play the game.

This is actually good, thanks for the clarification! Food for upkeep makes sense :) I know I may sound alarming at times, as I said just being devil's advocate, but also in reality it is a concern of mine because when a game is structured with many tediums expecting players to be present every day for upkeep and the such. Some people are really casual, 2-3 times a week 1-2 hours play per session. Adn they may also simply like to do Combat with the little time they have.

But it would be shame if there is no possibility for these people to have access to the same content as more hardcore players.
    ~ Duke Suraknar ~

Order of the Silver Star, OSS
    "Everyone dies, not everyone really fights!"
    ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997, OSS Atlantic Shard
  • Beelzebabb wrote:

It will function as a building like any other, so you'll have the option to place a construction site for it and then deposit resources to build it. Founders will receive a special resource which will be required to construct this particular building, but only one, so it's possible to "trade" the house if you'd like. I hope that makes sense. It didn't to me for a long time.

Makes sense, cool way to do it as well. :)
  • Duke Suraknar wrote:

Zarf wrote:

Next test they are implementing islands, will be primarily for farming. But will also be an important asset for casual players. Silver upkeep has been replaced with food. Though we do not know how much yet. Land will be some what limited, as such only active players will be able to hold land, unless they purchase gold and buy the needed resources for upkeep. With limited land, you shouldn't be able to buy it and log in once a week to refresh it, and not play the game.

This is actually good, thanks for the clarification! Food for upkeep makes sense :) I know I may sound alarming at times, as I said just being devil's advocate, but also in reality it is a concern of mine because when a game is structured with many tediums expecting players to be present every day for upkeep and the such. Some people are really casual, 2-3 times a week 1-2 hours play per session. Adn they may also simply like to do Combat with the little time they have.

But it would be shame if there is no possibility for these people to have access to the same content as more hardcore players.

I believe city plots will still require silver/gold for taxes. The food portion is for guild territories if I understood correctly. You do NOT have to log on everyday to pay your taxes though as I believe you are thinking. You simply have to have enough money on your person to cover the taxes that are charged every 24 hours. They are automatically withdrawn from your purse whether you are online or not.
  • Awsome, maybe Im easy to buy by company. But own unique house is enought for me to keep with title for years. :D But question is, we can build one house "with unique material" that get legendary founder packer. But do this mean, we can place this house only in one place and never move? For example if I buy new plot somewhere and want to move my house there.
  • https://albiononline.com/en/profile/make-a-gift

​Legendary Founder's Pack £ 61.33This pack includes: Winter Alpha Access, Alpha & Beta Headstart, Level 1 Closed Beta Access, 12000 Gold ($50), 90 Days Premium Account, Founder’s Certificate, Gold Founder Nametag, Legendary Avatar & Ring, Legendary Explorer’s Equipment, Explorer’s Looking Glass, Explorer’s Horse, Explorer’s Oxe, Explorer’s Statue.

Forgot to add house in the list or my friend would not get one? :)
  • I think that since you've added Farming to the game, a huge mechanic, we should get... LEGENDARY MAGIC BEANS... or a legendary hoe? Or something. Legendary scarecrow? I'm a big fan of choice, i wish we could just kind of pick and choose from a variety of things to receive from the package, things that will match our gameplay needs.
  • Beelzebabb wrote:

Founders will receive a special resource which will be required to construct this particular building, but only one, so it's possible to "trade" the house if you'd like. I hope that makes sense. It didn't to me for a long time.

i was just thinking about this xD

keep up the good work, much luv
    May you find your strength through honor and trust.

Join us

The genesis empire

• Dobrutro Dunin wrote:

Awsome, maybe Im easy to buy by company. But own unique house is enought for me to keep with title for years. :D But question is, we can build one house "with unique material" that get legendary founder packer. But do this mean, we can place this house only in one place and never move? For example if I buy new plot somewhere and want to move my house there.

I have not yet played AO so I am unsure of the building mechanics and would also like to know if I could move the house after it has been built.