SBI just tell us the truth

• SBI just tell us the truth

OK while I am waiting in queue for the 2nd time now 45+ min timer. I log in just for it to immediately DC me I figured I would write this. Could you please take a moment out of your busy day to list the bare minimum standards you have to keep the server up and running instead of taking it down to fix it please.Now each and every day you restart the servers but all that does it kick everyone off the server and reorganize the queue. That's it that's all it does it doesn't fix anything.Now as for your minimum standards here is a example Only 3 of our major towns need to be accessible at any given time or most guild islands can have access.Please give a detailed list of the very minimum standard you as a company have set to keep this game up before you say OK we need to take it down and fix it right before we lose to many paying customers.I as a player/customer want to know if you are a company worth getting behind or am I just wasting time in what feel like endless queues. I have been here since Beta 1 and I do love the game but I need to know if this will get better soon or is it time to just move on.
  • You want the truth? SBI is squatting on this issue because they dug themselves into a hole. They shrank and designed the game for half the population it currently has. Nothing will solve this for them other than a complete redesign of the game, and that isn't going to happen. There is nothing they can do, at all, except sit back and cringe as their player base dies back down to the size of beta designs.

Kinda sad, actually. Bad development foresight.
    "I suppose you think that was terribly clever." - Gandalf the Grey
  • Gankdalf wrote:

You want the truth? SBI is squatting on this issue because they dug themselves into a hole. They shrank and designed the game for half the population it currently has. Nothing will solve this for them other than a complete redesign of the game, and that isn't going to happen. There is nothing they can do, at all, except sit back and cringe as their player base dies back down to the size of beta designs.

It's a distillation process. The hard core enthusiasts for the game that SI designed will persist and remain. I personally am not that big of a PVP enthusiast, but I like swimming in the churn. And everything about this, game, except for most of what the new complainers are demanding the game change into, I really like.
  • They aren't stupid. In sure they paid thousands for mmo data records. Every mmo goes through this and has to suck it up. You'll see that most people will stop playing eventually. Unless this game becomes the big hit, but nobody can foresee being extremely successful so business play it safe which works right on the mark for every single mmo to this date.
  • Gankdalf wrote:

You want the truth? SBI is squatting on this issue because they dug themselves into a hole. They shrank and designed the game for half the population it currently has. Nothing will solve this for them other than a complete redesign of the game, and that isn't going to happen. There is nothing they can do, at all, except sit back and cringe as their player base dies back down to the size of beta designs.

This is exactly what happens.

When you hear the devteam provide a response that the fame doesn't roll over when refining and teh only solution is a complete redesign of the game you know you are in a hot mess.

Same goes for the capacity issues unfortunately.