Trying to Make Silver through Lumberjacking

• Trying to Make Silver through Lumberjacking

Hey guys,

I'm currently T4 and am focusing Lumberjacking and Mount-making. Skinning is a secondary profession for me. I had a few questions in terms of making silver.

TLDR; How should I make silver? Is lumberjacking profitable? What wood should I farm and where should I sell it? Should I skin instead?

Right now it's hard to see much of an income from lumberjacking. I've been mostly hanging around Lymhurst and grinding T2,3, and 4 wood. Traveling to other cities only gets me more money for selling T3 or higher woods generally. Just wondering what woods I should grind, and if maybe I should make them into stuff instead. Or maybe I need to just grind fame because T4 and down are not profitable?

Should I maybe focus on skinning instead? I have a reliable second income with farming but that obviously is bound by time and not effort. I want to know where to put my effort in order to make money.
    • Disciple413 schrieb:

Hey guys,

I'm currently T4 and am focusing Lumberjacking and Mount-making. Skinning is a secondary profession for me. I had a few questions in terms of making silver.

TLDR; How should I make silver? Is lumberjacking profitable? What wood should I farm and where should I sell it? Should I skin instead?

Right now it's hard to see much of an income from lumberjacking. I've been mostly hanging around Lymhurst and grinding T2,3, and 4 wood. Traveling to other cities only gets me more money for selling T3 or higher woods generally. Just wondering what woods I should grind, and if maybe I should make them into stuff instead. Or maybe I need to just grind fame because T4 and down are not profitable?

Should I maybe focus on skinning instead? I have a reliable second income with farming but that obviously is bound by time and not effort. I want to know where to put my effort in order to make money.
      the whole point of the game is figuring this stuff out for yourself. I have discovered a few runs that are quite profitable but they involve being willing to lose your stuff in red and black zones. If you aren't willing to take risks in the game you wont be profitable.
    • Hey there, So how do i make my own silvers by Lumberjacking even if I'm a T5 Lumberjacker
      What i Usually do is i get a bunch of chestnut logs and sell them at a starting city,
      I have like at least 4k chestnut logs spread throughout every city that includes Caerleon
      And for some reason the best place that's selling is actually at Swamp Cross
      So ye, I've been Farming Chestnut Logs and have been selling them there
      And for some reason, My 6k Logs at Caerleon isn't selling, it's already been like 3 days.
    • The money is in the higher tiers (6,7,8) because they are out of reach of the casual masses that hang out in blue zones. Once you get to those tiers you make decent money selling planks. .3 logs of any tier are going to be lottery for you as well. .3 is worth insane amounts of money in and town and will be a small percent of what you chop but a huge chunk of your income.
    • A few things.

1. Planks sell Better then logs. Refine your stuff.
      2. Uncommon T4 and T5 sells well and is worth alot. Try to get your harvest tools up to adept atleast.
      3. Craft your stuff in the city at an crafting stations with tax 10% or lower.

Why pay the tax?
      You craft 100 Planks without focus in town= About 15 Planks worth in ressources as bonus back to you.
      With focus it's about 45!

Which you can then refine again. To get another 15~45% more out of it ... then again. And again.

You get a bunch of extra Planks that way.
      Which will result in extra silver, as long as they're selling for double or more then the log price.

AND the higher the worth of these planks on the AH, the better is the earning after refining them out of logs.