**Important** Emergency Teleporter Network to deal with Caerleon Overflow

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• markes schrieb:

Remember when devs said that they had everything figured out with the "Caerleon patch" and the community worn about servers overload issues that would come with it? I remember.

Guess what? Community was right. I mean, it was a safe bet.
      A few months earlier, that same community was whining about the map being too big. So the devs made the map bigger.

The community as a whole got its will. Thats why the map is too big. And thats why individual nodes are overloaded.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • just asking about outlaw, what is disadvantage when you can always visit caerleon and in fact, its the only city you need access to outland, red zone no other city has it, also because all good guilds are there you have best auction house and market... reputation useless, if other cities has at least TP to red zones it could be useful for smaller guilds ... now it just seem it serves only people who start playing and doesnt understand the game yet

I dont think caerleon as ultimate one for all city was a good idea
    • Nbadtaste schrieb:

GamerPrice schrieb:

If you add too much instancing it will no longer be an mmo, sniff.
      Please take heed of the advise provided above as this is quite a true statement. Nothing kills the feel of an MMO more than having to port my ass all across an "open" world map.
      People need to get over these 'instancing is no longer MMO' issues.

The reality of the situation is that Albion simply cannot cope with 400+ people in one place and instancing is the only viable solution barring regional servers.

Being able to see 400 people on screen in any zone is not gonna feel any less empty than seeing 1000 in the zone - you will notice no perceptional difference.

Once the instances are in place the world will seem a much fuller place and seeing 400 people running around town for example sure as hell is better than the current situation of standing alone in a city with the occasional mount or skill effect popping up whilst looking at a counter in the bottom right of the screen on how many people are actually there with you!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Badwolfe ()

• okay this is just getting worse and worse i bought this game thinking it was an openworld sandbox.
      only to be overflown by instances later AND NOW YOU DEVS WANNE AD MORE INSTANCES!!!
      YOU GOD DANG CRAZY!!!!!! stop ruining the mmo feel and qeustion: why not start removing instances so that insteed of puting so much pressure on 1 sever/instances you can devide the serverpresure givin by the amouth of players on 1 giant server!
      in other words just make it OPENWORD!

im concernd that if this instancing bullsh!t keeps happening this game will end up as a flop
      REALY HOPE IT DOESN'T.
      btw srry for bad english
    • Korn schrieb:

vvvvvvvv schrieb:

Scamnicitus schrieb:

Wouldn't a reduction on afk log out timer help control some issues? Alot of people just go afk in Caerleon.
      I'm probably being dumb and the market is coded some way incompatible, but instancing Caerleon even more than it is with the "overloaded" stuff would be useful. Like the Runescape worlds implementation. Just the cities. Logging people out for being AFK in major cities isn't a great solution in an mmo
      We are looking into instancing the "market place/city center" part of each town (i.e. all player made buildings would NOT be instanced!), and once that's in place, we'd move back the bank and market over-ground. We might also instance the black market + portal part.
      With that solution, we could handle tons and tons of players, most likely without having to use overcrowded mode at all.
      I thought you had everything figured out. You claimed that along with the "Caerleon patch". A lot of users said it wouldn't work, guess they were right.
    • Korn schrieb:

With that solution, we could handle tons and tons of players, most likely without having to use overcrowded mode at all.

thanks for that move!

but please keep in mind, cheap devices have almost no gpu power, some do not need overcrowded with 400people, some need overcrowded with only 150people or that already lag

an overcrowded limit in display setting of the client would be great, or even just the option to set yourself overcrowded :thumbsup:
      IGN: LewdPriest
    • Sigh. While I'm happy to see issues begin to be fixed, is there someone to contact or a forum to post in about getting lost materials and XP from before the server crash? Put like 300 T4 Planks and Bars into Halberds and leveled up a few times in crafting only to lose it all due to unnanounced server crash. I had paid like 50k for all those resources and without the halberds to sell I am now broke. :/
    • Aresmar schrieb:

Sigh. While I'm happy to see issues begin to be fixed, is there someone to contact or a forum to post in about getting lost materials and XP from before the server crash? Put like 300 T4 Planks and Bars into Halberds and leveled up a few times in crafting only to lose it all due to unnanounced server crash. I had paid like 50k for all those resources and without the halberds to sell I am now broke. :/
      It's a rollback, everyone lost something.
      I am a
      C R I M I N A L
      Don't gather, farm other players
    • Aresmar schrieb:

Yeah. I'm aware of that. But this is probably the last time I log in for a while. I spent all morning harvesting resources and crafting before heading into a 12 hour shift at work. And now all that effort and time is gone because all my mats have dissapeared into the ether. This is rediculous.

what is ridiculous? your behavior? you in a game and you make efforts :/
      IGN: LewdPriest
    • Muansi schrieb:

okay this is just getting worse and worse i bought this game thinking it was an openworld sandbox.
      only to be overflown by instances later AND NOW YOU DEVS WANNE AD MORE INSTANCES!!!
      YOU GOD DANG CRAZY!!!!!! stop ruining the mmo feel and qeustion: why not start removing instances so that insteed of puting so much pressure on 1 sever/instances you can devide the serverpresure givin by the amouth of players on 1 giant server!
      in other words just make it OPENWORD!

im concernd that if this instancing bullsh!t keeps happening this game will end up as a flop
      REALY HOPE IT DOESN'T.
      btw srry for bad english

I dont understand what people problem with instances is. I personally like them and yes i like MMO.
      What do you think, there is going to be 10k people on the screen at all times or something? Why do you need to see that many people running around anyway?

Your in a town it doesnt matter. And you can probably change to the different instances if their not full. And if they add these to open world you might be able to change to them as well. Instances dont affect my experience of 'oh im being separated from everyone' Your not being separated just because you cant all see them doesnt mean their not there. Interacting with 400 people in a zone is just fine, its enough of a MMO feel