Solutions that will CURE Albion Online

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Actually no,
    im trying to tell some solutions for dynamic gameplay and more options to play and win,
    but i assume your brain works little bit slow :rolleyes:

Mordgier wrote:

No. The game is not going to coddle you.

You want to kill 3 people, bring 2 or git gud.

You don't want to fight a zerg? Avoid the blob.

There are plenty of successful solo and 2 man PK squads that harass large alliances.

Without any buffs.

You just suck at this game and want to to be made easier for you.
    Oldschool PK'er.
  • i used to roam in blackzones with 5.2/4.3 then i took a zerg to the knee.i killed 4.....most expensive gear they had was their t4 horse. Meanwhile i yolo 1v6 all day in yellow zones and hellgate areas. inb4 someone says "omg lul yellow zone warrior no risk". Ofc i dont need risk i am fully geared already and i just kill noobs then teabag them. Also to whoever is ganking gatherers kys.
    a fair fight for me is when people are more than us. Then they actually have a chance to stay alive.
  • I don't mind it that much, I enjoy the challenge personally. I just think it is clear that it is really frustrating to be a solo *anything* even gatherer in the black zone. I was in some guilds who just post up around the portal, I get it, that's fine, but maybe something like if you have been guildless for a week you get ported somewhere random into the continent with lower pop density? Or same thing, if you have been out of party for an hour or out of guild for a week you get an estimate ("25-50") of people in the zone just so you can get a sense of the danger..

IDK, i'm just trying to find something that makes this style of gameplay a bit more viable. One thing that is scary/cool/fun is finding skinned animals or mined nodes in a scarce area and knowing someone is around but not *where* they are. There are some things like that which I love to learn and play around. I really don't mind the fact that I've lost more than I've gotten out of the black zone, but if I had made it clean a few trips back, it would all have been really worth it in a financial sense. Plus I'm a weird gatherer/crafter/PVPer so I'm not thriving at any of them predictably. I think the game is pretty close to really good but it is going to be very frustrating for solo players to engage with that content. I don't plan on quitting any time soon though, I'll adapt
  • Xanif wrote:

We need to go a step further. GvG fights should be winnable as a 1v5. These stupid factions sending a whole 5 people to zerg me in PvP is not fun.

There need to be "Honorable Combat" zones. Where you cannot attack someone if they are in combat.

When you use an offensive ability you enter the attack queue. Then you wait for the player you are trying to attack to finish his combat, that player will then be fully healed up and fight you 1 on 1.

This will clearly solve all the solo issues.
  • +1 to you :)

Mordgier wrote:

There need to be "Honorable Combat" zones. Where you cannot attack someone if they are in combat.

When you use an offensive ability you enter the attack queue. Then you wait for the player you are trying to attack to finish his combat, that player will then be fully healed up and fight you 1 on 1.

This will clearly solve all the solo issues.
    Oldschool PK'er.
  • As a primary solo player the first thing i agree with is the invisibility circle, this was recently added and for what reason i'd say GvG's because they're trying so hard to make it an e-sport but they don't know that it destroys games and communities in the long-term.

At one point in the game there was an "anti-Zerg" mechanic and it didn't work out well because the game is ruled by zergs (sheep). The problem was when Zergs (sheep) got into fights with each other the battles would suck due to the fact tanks would engage and be unkillable, imagine a guy wearing full plate jumping into 100 people and not dying because everyone was focusing him and the anti-zerg would be activated, while the tank destroyed the entire front line.

The best thing they can ever do to increase solo play is adding more mechanics in the game, little things for the solo player to master. Like you said hot swapping, more solo player skills not even those necessary to escape, but even those to fight, right now everything is predictable.

The thing about most sheep (zergs) in this game is they won't fight you unless they have someone with them, keep that in mind when you're out there alone and you see someone with a known zerg alliance tag, if they're trying to engage you 9/10 times there's someone with them, they don't know how to fight alone. This alone is currently the only advantage for a solo player vs the world.

edit: prior to them ruining enchantment, this was also a good balance. Enchanting weapons was once a difficult thing to do, the mats required to enchant a weapon were a lot, and the only way to get them was through hellgates which was a 5 man thing. It would take multiple runs to recieve all necessary material and you could create a very strong weapon and armor, and these equips were not mass created because of how much is required to make one therefore even the zergs had few of these and would only use them for GvG's because of their fear of losing them.

Small groups and solo players who could concentrate all the materials to themselves stood a chance vs zergs because of how strong these equipment were, honestly this was what initially got me hooked to the game, being able to 2 v 10 the big strong guilds like Vendetta back in their heyday was prime Albion, I've been waiting for that to come back again.
    IGN: MZX
    Guild Leader of God Tier
    Twitch.TV/MasterZedX
    Creator of Godspear builds

The post was edited 2 times, last by MasterZedX ().