Is it just me or should we get premium compensation..?

  • Is it just me or should we get premium compensation..?

    I'm just reflecting on launch, overall it's been a positive one for me but acumantly if you add up the down time it starts to mount up, que times, zone issues, black screens etc... an apologise in the form of 1-2 days back would be some sort of gesture of good will for shoddy servers! :thumbdown:
  • "acumantly if you add up the down time it starts to mount up"

    I'm sorry, but I cannot take this statement seriously and I truly hope you meant it as a joke.

    Every online game ever does maintenance. If they didn't, you would be here complaining about how s*** the game is. If you expect compensation for any of this, especially "mounting up", then from the entire Albion Community, please do not buy premium again.
    // GodZeus
  • amethyst wrote:

    Been playing for about 5 days now. 1.5 downtime due to scheduled maintenance. And only once been in a que for 10 mins (but only because I wanted to see what 57 minutes actually meant)

    1.5 hours not being able to play over a total of 5 days seems pretty reasonable to me.
    i bought the game to play on my tablet on the road while I work. I've got about 3 hours since launch in because of the android crash. I think people with similar situations should be compensated.
  • GodZeus wrote:

    "acumantly if you add up the down time it starts to mount up"

    I'm sorry, but I cannot take this statement seriously and I truly hope you meant it as a joke.

    Every online game ever does maintenance. If they didn't, you would be here complaining about how s*** the game is. If you expect compensation for any of this, especially "mounting up", then from the entire Albion Community, please do not buy premium again.
    Sorry but I laughed sooo hard at this! Give this man a cookie :D

    Ingame: Tenroh | Gatherer & Crafter
  • Retri wrote:

    amethyst wrote:

    Been playing for about 5 days now. 1.5 downtime due to scheduled maintenance. And only once been in a que for 10 mins (but only because I wanted to see what 57 minutes actually meant)

    1.5 hours not being able to play over a total of 5 days seems pretty reasonable to me.
    i bought the game to play on my tablet on the road while I work. I've got about 3 hours since launch in because of the android crash. I think people with similar situations should be compensated.
    Two days 'compensation' on a game where the 30 day subscription is at most ten dollars? Where would you like me to mail you the 66 cents?

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Dygenn ().

  • Dygenn wrote:

    Retri wrote:

    amethyst wrote:

    Been playing for about 5 days now. 1.5 downtime due to scheduled maintenance. And only once been in a que for 10 mins (but only because I wanted to see what 57 minutes actually meant)

    1.5 hours not being able to play over a total of 5 days seems pretty reasonable to me.
    i bought the game to play on my tablet on the road while I work. I've got about 3 hours since launch in because of the android crash. I think people with similar situations should be compensated.
    Two days 'compensation' on a game where the 30 day subscription is at most ten dollars? Where would you like me to mail you the 66 cents?
    LOL
    // GodZeus
  • Skarnik wrote:

    I'm just reflecting on launch, overall it's been a positive one for me but acumantly if you add up the down time it starts to mount up, que times, zone issues, black screens etc... an apologise in the form of 1-2 days back would be some sort of gesture of good will for shoddy servers! :thumbdown:
    No, its not just you. Theres a whole host of compensation culture whiners on here crying out to get what would equate to a couple of dollars worth of premium back, at most.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • GodZeus wrote:

    "acumantly if you add up the down time it starts to mount up"

    I'm sorry, but I cannot take this statement seriously and I truly hope you meant it as a joke.

    Every online game ever does maintenance. If they didn't, you would be here complaining about how s*** the game is. If you expect compensation for any of this, especially "mounting up", then from the entire Albion Community, please do not buy premium again.
    Ah the new wave of noobs who join albion just to troll, typical Aussie
  • Skarnik wrote:

    GodZeus wrote:

    "acumantly if you add up the down time it starts to mount up"

    I'm sorry, but I cannot take this statement seriously and I truly hope you meant it as a joke.

    Every online game ever does maintenance. If they didn't, you would be here complaining about how s*** the game is. If you expect compensation for any of this, especially "mounting up", then from the entire Albion Community, please do not buy premium again.
    Ah the new wave of noobs who join albion just to troll, typical Aussie
    Come on man one of your complaints was about the time it takes to mount up... How could anybody take this serious after that.
    The forums are the wrong place for these kind of posts. Nobody can help you here we're all in the same boat.
    On top of that the downtimes weren't that much in my opinion. For me the game worked pretty well, but that might depends on which time zone you are in.
    .

    Ingame: Tenroh | Gatherer & Crafter
  • I think it was a great launch, specially compared to other games in the past.Yes there were queues but never as long as the text stated.They go it to work quite fast.
    Little bugs too.

    So I think compensation of 2-3 days would rather lead to a shitstorm of those who see it differently and moneywise 2-3 days premium is nothing to talk about.

    I would rather have an ingam T-shirt that reads "I survived Launch" for those who joined the first week...just because SBI mispredicted how high the load would really be.

    What they should and are already doing is continue to look into issues where people actually lost a lot of Gold due to restarts,lag, things missing from auctions and gold not received from Gold market Speculation...

    Everything else will get better and most things are already great...SBI you did a good job. Gameplay/Balancing/Caerleon/lots of other content related discussions ongoing, I know;)

    Skitted
  • GodZeus wrote:

    "acumantly if you add up the down time it starts to mount up"

    I'm sorry, but I cannot take this statement seriously and I truly hope you meant it as a joke.

    Every online game ever does maintenance. If they didn't, you would be here complaining about how s*** the game is. If you expect compensation for any of this, especially "mounting up", then from the entire Albion Community, please do not buy premium again.
    No MMO I know of has scheduled daily maintenance.

    And has to restart the Server every night. Often with mini rollbacks.

    I also had queues with black screen back to queue.

    But yeah, great that you weren't affected mate.
  • amethyst wrote:

    Been playing for about 5 days now. 1.5 downtime due to scheduled maintenance. And only once been in a que for 10 mins (but only because I wanted to see what 57 minutes actually meant)

    1.5 hours not being able to play over a total of 5 days seems pretty reasonable to me.
    I lost nearly 50% of my time ( I can only play after work for like 4-5 hours and that's where problem appears ) due to the following reason :
    • Queue time. When you can only login during prime, you loose time
    • Numerous server reboots - 2 to 3 per sessions. That's 20 to 30 minutes lost each time
    • Countless long loading time between zones. This keep adding up on short sessions.
    • Rollbacks. This is the worst, when you play for short session you get rollback for 45 minutes + the server downtime time, you basically lost all your time.
    Daily server maintenance is completely unheard in the MMO industry. This proves how bad this game server has been built and why they keep restarting server multiple time.
  • Bailey wrote:

    GodZeus wrote:

    "acumantly if you add up the down time it starts to mount up"

    I'm sorry, but I cannot take this statement seriously and I truly hope you meant it as a joke.

    Every online game ever does maintenance. If they didn't, you would be here complaining about how s*** the game is. If you expect compensation for any of this, especially "mounting up", then from the entire Albion Community, please do not buy premium again.
    No MMO I know of has scheduled daily maintenance.
    And has to restart the Server every night. Often with mini rollbacks.

    I also had queues with black screen back to queue.

    But yeah, great that you weren't affected mate.
    Ask differently, do you know a 1 World Server MMO that does not have daily maintenance ?

    And I guess the MMOs you compare it too are all in live service longer than 2 weeks ?

    I had all the issues too listed but compare the bumpy launch to the fun you will have in the future after initial things are fixed...

    So yes, some time lost, some disapointment here and there, but all over things could be way worse...

    Cheers, skitted