Housing skins

• Housing skins

During the Spring test, there were 2-3 different skins available for housing. These were not available during the summer test. Do you plan to add these in the future? Also could any of the existing static art buildings be used for player houses, specifically the towers? :)
    Maybe as a vanity skin for your house. Or design several different houses for each tier so not every player house built looks the same.
  • Zarf wrote:

During the Spring test, there were 2-3 different skins available for housing. These were not available during the summer test. Do you plan to add these in the future? Also could any of the existing static art buildings be used for player houses, specifically the towers? :)
    Maybe as a vanity skin for your house. Or design several different houses for each tier so not every player house built looks the same.

I know you are looking for an official answer/response, but I just wanted to chime in and say without confidence, I believe they are eventually adding different racial themed skins for each building type such as Orc, Dwarf, Elf themed buildings, and so on. Pretty sure that is planned for future development, as I think I read a comment some place about it on the forums, but obviously we are going to have to wait until they added alternate races before that's going to happen. I to will wait for an official response of clarity.
  • Semi related to this, they said at one point that when they add different races, they want to make all the buildings look related to whatever race you're using. A lot of work, but would be awesome for the future.

EDIT: Grimfest beat me to that point. :rolleyes:

I will just say, when they release premium customization things...i'm going to lose a lot of money. :P
  • Josh wrote:

Semi related to this, they said at one point that when they add different races, they want to make all the buildings look related to whatever race you're using. A lot of work, but would be awesome for the future.

Just ideas so far.

The housing skins have been sidelined currently due to the huge workload we are having in creating a huge, lively world. If everything goes as planned we will continue working on them later.