Material/Resources need to be fixed

• Material/Resources need to be fixed

Hello Fellow Albion-ions? (Really need to come up with a community name)

I'm unsure where to start or even where I am going with this, so I hope you all get the general gist of what i'm trying to say.

Materials/Resources. A word that makes any Albion player cringe. Not only am I talking about the incredible grind from T3 to T4, i'm talking about it all as a whole.
    Currently, on a Mega Server like this, coming across some form of material that hasn't been depleted is rare and means you should go buy a lottery ticket instantly. No matter what you're trying to grind, In my case it's currently stone breaking, is absolutely insane. It's either the fact that no matter where you go, there are people standing by waiting for the resources.
    I personally think it's one of 2 things. 1, being that there are not enough materials in general available when it comes to a Mega Server, which I believe is the main cause. 2, the refresh rate for the required resource to become available again is far too long, especially for the people that are trying to grab Travertine, or any stone/ore there is. I know there are MMO that have no problem with this, due to many many servers available to them. I'm in no way complaining that there should be more than one server as I believe a single server is enough and runs perfectly that way, minus the current region overpopulations in the big cities.

I'm well aware people are going to say "wah wah wah this will decrease the worth of it, if there is more available", mind you, selling stones/bricks is not that profitable considering time spent trying to gather. I truly believe that more resources should be added or refresh timer reduced.
    Another option would be to create mining dungeons for specific ores/stones. Whether the dungeons are instanced, or cap out when there are 100 people in it is another discussion. But spreading a few of these dungeons multiply for each material around the map would be greatly beneficial to not only myself, but many other players out there. Not just a mountain where ever person sits at. If this were to happen, it would make the grind more achievable in the near future,(Overdramatic warning), not grinding for years on end just to get from T3 to T4.

I'm not slagging the game, I never have and I truly never will. Just stating my opinion that I know many other players would agree with.
    Let me know your thoughts and happy grinding!
    // GodZeus
  • I agree.

Something I don't like though, is how nodes will reset after awhile. I found one spot one day of 4 Travertine nodes, went back the next day, and it was only 1 Trav node and 3 rough stone.

I think an idea that might work is reduce the respawn time of materials based on how many people are in the area. So more people means faster resource time.
  • Soggy wrote:

I agree.

Something I don't like though, is how nodes will reset after awhile. I found one spot one day of 4 Travertine nodes, went back the next day, and it was only 1 Trav node and 3 rough stone.

I think an idea that might work is reduce the respawn time of materials based on how many people are in the area. So more people means faster resource time.
    I agree with the reset though.
    This is done with the daily maintenance, its another way to stop people from constantly farming the same nodes every single day. Adds a bit of a challenge to finding the right area before others discover.
    // GodZeus
  • GodZeus wrote:

Soggy wrote:

I agree.

I agree with the reset though.This is done with the daily maintenance, its another way to stop people from constantly farming the same nodes every single day. Adds a bit of a challenge to finding the right area before others discover.
    I know XD I just said I don't like it.
  • Wake up early and gather to your hearts content, if possible. It's overcrowded but only on evening - early night.

I think the many gatherers who are waiting for things to spawn are a direct consequence of
    the limited amount of materials which can be generated in a given time.

Funny thing is that prices for materials and also for
    equipment have gone down significantly. There are almost no effective sinks for
    equipment aside from PvP in Red and Black Zones.

Maybe people will shift their attention from gathering to something else.
    In my opinion gathering is really this long term goal and the benefits of it right now are not that
    great.
  • What you are seeing isn't a problem with the spawning rates. It's most likely the initial rush that happens at the start of a game. As players begin to spread out in progression it will get better. I was on yesterday and didn't see any issues at all. Yes, there were depleted nodes, but there were also plenty to harvest. It could also be that you are in an overcrowded area. You said yourself that selling stone isn't that profitable, Maybe do something else that nets a better profit for a week or two. Then go back to stone when things normalize a bit. If waiting will be detrimental to your plan as you want to be one of the first suppliers of T7 stone or whatever, then you should know that rushing to beat the initial wave comes with a pretty big cost as well. I've found that in my area, stone is doing pretty well. The buy order price is only a silver below the sell order price. And T1 stone was selling for as much as T2 stone. That let me make a quick chunk of starting out cash to buy early gear and mounts. Mining T3 stone was easy and plentiful and I passed by a ton of unharvested T4 stone.
  • Blue Zones have a 3 minute replenishment rate
    All other zones seem to have ~12 minute replenishment rate

Black zones are pretty unoccupied by gatherers, but have giant gank groups and we have no way to avoid them (Stealth when not gathering, some cooldown when you take an action would really be the only option I can think of)

You can camp a single cluster of resources in blue and make more fame & money compared to red or yellow because there is more than enough players to take everything in those zones too.

Basically every gatherer is just camping the blue zones since they can support 4x the number of people and you can just sit on a spawn or run a small circle of nodes. Every zone other than blue needs a buff since ideally black > red > yellow > blue, but right now blue > black > red > yellow.
  • Rhuin wrote:

What you are seeing isn't a problem with the spawning rates. It's most likely the initial rush that happens at the start of a game. As players begin to spread out in progression it will get better. I was on yesterday and didn't see any issues at all. Yes, there were depleted nodes, but there were also plenty to harvest. It could also be that you are in an overcrowded area. You said yourself that selling stone isn't that profitable, Maybe do something else that nets a better profit for a week or two. Then go back to stone when things normalize a bit. If waiting will be detrimental to your plan as you want to be one of the first suppliers of T7 stone or whatever, then you should know that rushing to beat the initial wave comes with a pretty big cost as well. I've found that in my area, stone is doing pretty well. The buy order price is only a silver below the sell order price. And T1 stone was selling for as much as T2 stone. That let me make a quick chunk of starting out cash to buy early gear and mounts. Mining T3 stone was easy and plentiful and I passed by a ton of unharvested T4 stone.
    Honestly bro, I don't do this for money at all, I'm doing it for bricks for private island and guild island. No way would I resort to stoning for a source of income, much bigger and better ways to do that.
    // GodZeus
  • GodZeus wrote:

Rhuin wrote:

What you are seeing isn't a problem with the spawning rates. It's most likely the initial rush that happens at the start of a game. As players begin to spread out in progression it will get better. I was on yesterday and didn't see any issues at all. Yes, there were depleted nodes, but there were also plenty to harvest. It could also be that you are in an overcrowded area. You said yourself that selling stone isn't that profitable, Maybe do something else that nets a better profit for a week or two. Then go back to stone when things normalize a bit. If waiting will be detrimental to your plan as you want to be one of the first suppliers of T7 stone or whatever, then you should know that rushing to beat the initial wave comes with a pretty big cost as well. I've found that in my area, stone is doing pretty well. The buy order price is only a silver below the sell order price. And T1 stone was selling for as much as T2 stone. That let me make a quick chunk of starting out cash to buy early gear and mounts. Mining T3 stone was easy and plentiful and I passed by a ton of unharvested T4 stone.
    Honestly bro, I don't do this for money at all, I'm doing it for bricks for private island and guild island. No way would I resort to stoning for a source of income, much bigger and better ways to do that.
    I just started getting into T5 stone for buildings, and....omg...I don't think I can do it D:
    The nodes cap out at 4/4, and you only harvest 1 at a time, and the premium bonus only kicks in every OTHER harvest, so it's like getting 1.5 Granite per harvest. And it apparently has a 12 minute respawn.

If there is even 1 other person gathering Granite, it's near impossible to get any. Especially with that long of a respawn timer.
  • Soggy wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

Rhuin wrote:

I just started getting into T5 stone for buildings, and....omg...I don't think I can do it D:The nodes cap out at 4/4, and you only harvest 1 at a time, and the premium bonus only kicks in every OTHER harvest, so it's like getting 1.5 Granite per harvest. And it apparently has a 12 minute respawn.

If there is even 1 other person gathering Granite, it's near impossible to get any. Especially with that long of a respawn timer.
    I've heard a lot about the Granite problem, can honestly say that I am not looking forward to it at all.
    // GodZeus
  • Respawn rates have already been shortened for launch. I feel you. I took ore and stone to t4 and it was a grind but nothing compared to t5. For t4 you need a horse and a nice cluster of nodes that you can check every node in about 20 sec. then just run that route. Forget running around aimlessly. If you are on an oxen you will lose. I was able to collect 70 resources every 10 minutes. That's not too bad for the current population. If the nodes did not switch locations everyone would know where the sweet spots were.

T5....gotta go red or black. Simple as that.
  • The gathering grind is real, even for someone in a black zone area which we fully control and is pretty safe with a low amount of gatherers. Once you get T6 tool is is actually easy to get T7 and T8, well relatively easy. Going from T4 to T5 to T6 tool is painful for any resource even if you have basically nonstop full nodes. That said, it is worth the pain in the long run to be able to gather and craft all your own stuff and sell extra stuff for profit.