What would you like to see improved in User Interface?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Falrinth and everyone else!

Some excellent feedback in this thread. If anybody has more of this quality feedback, leave it here and I will definitely read it!

So. To give some insight to further improve understanding of our processes and why we cannot do everything at once: :)

Who is working on the User Interface (UI)?
      The "ninja-UI-team" already exists for over one year. :)
      Right now it consists of two programmers, one artist (soon to be two) and myself as the UI Designer. All of us are occupied with work on the UI for 90% of the time.

What are we doing?
      We're still in the (very long) process of applying the new graphical design to the whole interface. That is a continuous effort that will probably take another few months to finish. It takes that much time because we're not only reskinning.
      Whenever we approach a new screen (for example the friends menu), we will try our best to improve the existing system to make it more accessible/readable/consistent/usable for all players. Many times this requires a substantial change to the code or even new features.

Apart from the UI change, we have to design and implement all new feature interfaces (arena for example).

Every day that we can spare, we use to improve the existing UI, User Experience (UX) and bug fixes of course (which includes most of the feedback/reports/wishes from the community). That is the reason why some wishes will be implemented ASAP but that doesn't mean NOW, simply because we don't have enough time on our hands.

I hope this small introduction helped understanding our constraints.

Direct answers to some of your proposals/wishes
      @Falrinth
      1. information is nice, I agree. But we have to be careful with overwhelming the player, especially in the early stages. We are constantly trying to improve information display though. That's why we improved the Destiny Board Tracker in that regard and added learning points, focus points and reputation to the character details for example to combine the information in one spot. If we feel like something is missing, we will consider adding other means of information display.
      2. I agree, automated in game mails don't use their full potential. I noted it down in our backlog and we'll take a look at it at some point.
      3. The marketplace is also not in a state where we're happy with it. We have some changes for it in the pipeline (only a first step) and will potentially drastically change/improve it in the future.
      4. Making the UI customizable is quite an effort and is nothing we could do soon. That doesn't mean that something like manual chat font adjustments won't be possible though. That is something to look at for example.
      5. Global chat is something we're looking at. We're evaluating different options to improve the UX in this case.

@Xephic
      You're looking at a very old picture.
      1. The big icons are not feasible anymore since 1. we simply have to many and 2. they wouldn't fit our new style anymore.
      2. The names on the icons are only there because they were placeholders since many spells shared the same image.
      3. We tried other positions for the spells, none of them really worked well. For the tracker, that might be an option worth evaluating.
      4. There's currently a bug which re-tracks stuff when you level. That will be fixed with patch 1 coming this week hopefully.
      5. Tab targetting is not coming soon, but we want to improve combat experience with other changes like an update to our buff display for example.
      6. You should be able to rebind "deselect target" to whatever pleases you.
      7. We might add an shortcut to select yourself as target. Noted down in our backlog.

@Destabilizator
      1. Positioning of hp/energy bars/target etc. is something we're looking at.
      2. Quick cast will come (promise!) (maybe soonish, no promise!).
      3. Assist target and mark targets is something worth investigating. Noted it down in our backlog.

@Danderon
      1. I agree, the party UI is not ideal, especially for healers. That's why we plan to do some changes to it relatively soon (hopefully for first content update).
      2. Making every single element individually scaleable is quite an effort and something we cannot afford to do right now.
      3. I talked to some colleagues about mob healthbars and it's something we are looking at when we have the time. Hover highlighting of mobs and players is also something that is on our list.

- Lino
      And where is Tab Targetting?
      we need Compisation for all the downtimes and not the lousy 7 days of premium! Also tab targeting!
    • Right click should ignore UI elements unless there is an active menu open (inventory as example). Right click should always move char in a direction.
      Pressing enter in chat should return cursor to UI and make hot keys work again 100 percent of time, not 99.9 percent of the time. (Very old bug)
      Cartography skill with map history might be an interesting concept for gathering, perhaps some stalker PVP skill for showing heat maps of players.
      The ability to move all UI elements on screen and also lock them. After playing so long I have the bottom map burned into my expensive monitor.
      The ability to hide elements like buttons that are never used.
      Good work, the UI is better than it used to be.
    • It would be nice to be able to distinguish between your own dots and the dots of a grp member (beneath the health bar of a mob). If I play a cursed staff it's kind of annoying to keep track of your own dots due to all the other different effecs beeing casted on the target.

Maybe one could split the space under the health bar into a space for my own cast, one for effects done by grp members and one for effects caused by the target itself.
    • @Blowfeld81
      Smartcast is not the only thing that is coming. I verified a multitude of things that are coming with the next patches and content updates. With every update over the last year we improved the UI graphically and functional wise.

One more thing I will add to this list that is coming with the first content update: @Amandil a small rework of the buff/debuff bars is coming. It includes better visualization of what effects are caused by you or others and which effects are positive and which ones are negative.
      Note that we will continue to improve these aspects alongside of the big reworks of full interface screens.

There's a whole lot of good ideas/feedback in this thread and I note down a lot of things that we'll take a look at.

- Lino
    • Can we just be given the power to edit the UI as we want?

Would love to be able to place anything on the ui where I want and other options for HP/mana/end bars as well as control of map options in terms of changing colors and what the icons on the maps look like.

Just give us more power on the ui, everything should be customizable imo.
    • Biggest improvement would be UI customization support, an API for marketplace, and free movement of UI elements. UI customization is likely long ways off, even more so if it wasn't designed from the get go, which I wish you luck on. Marketplace API shouldn't be too bad, main issue I'd foresee is too many queries to the marketplace, but do really need a better way to search and use the marketplace. Free movement of UI elements is already applied to quite a few things so I expect that eventually it'll be 99% of UI elements.
      Tool-tips for shops in town really need crafting capacity on them, especially if crafting capacity is supposed to matter.
      Item value needs to be consistently visible on all item tool-tips, along with 200 is not the same as 200.1, and should display as it's true value not a rounded one. As it messes with values for fee usage and nutrition.
      Building upgrading, the UI should allow for larger stacks than 30 at a time, and imo shouldn't take as long to add to the building.
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

@Cartographer

Chat and Item Details are freely movable for everyone right now. We're continuing to improve the UI in that regard as well.

- Lino
      @H4n1baL
      Maybe it's just me, but I would like to move all my character and target connected effect icons next to my skill icons. In my eye it would be one of the biggest improvements. (specially that I'm using a quite big monitor)
    • Mail system:
      -Market Notification in email should include relevant basic information about what sold for how much in the header of the mail, without need to actually open it.
      -Market Notifications in addition should be sent out as Chat messages to "Auction House" chat channel, with expanded information - so you could see them in real time when you play, rather than recive mail notification, go to mail and separetely click each mail to check.

General UI remarks:
      - the main issue with Albion Online UI is that its designed for tablets. Just shot the dead horse and ditch the dead platforms where game is unplayable anyway. Functionality wise pretty much EVERYTHING in Albion interface suffers from being made to be accessible by touch screen - thus taking too much space, being not informative and inconvinient. The primary things that should be added is simple Table view for Guild player list, Auction House, Frind list. Worship the Tables, for Excel is the god of utility.

Player interface:
      - HP bars of player and his target should be movable
      - Tracking bar for skillups should be movable or /and have option to hide it completely, so that if you switch UI to have skills icons at right, track bar would not unnecessary take place in screen bottom.

Group interface:
      - ability to rearrange order of players in group/raid
      - ability to divide raid in 5 man groups and join/leave raid with a group. Your group members names shuold be highligted compared to other raid members so you could easily identify them.
      -redo mana bars to be more visible, atm for Arcanist who has to watch players mana in raid -its much worse than for healers who watch HP, as mana bar contrast/color is badly visible and covered by player names.
      - Mark Target. Ability for raid/group leader mark enemy/mob with a symbol. Best to have multiple options for markign as well i.e. Star, heart, 1,2,3,4, skull etc. and be able to apply one of each type simultaniously.

Keybinds:
      -Last Target. Simply select the last hostile target you selected/attacked. Useful for healers/supports that have to switch from friendly to hostile targets often, in pve specifically if they still want to contribute damage and not just be healbots.
      - Nearest Target. Targets nearest to your location target.

Camera view and zoom:
      Albion is mostly played in widescreen monitors in resolutions which have more horizontal width than vertia. This is BIG issue, even if people get used to it - since they have limited sight on top and bottom. To fix it, allow to move camera on vertical axis (i.e. rotate mouse wheel up/down to shift camera position from center of your character to relatively upper or lower. So that the total visible field of your character would be a square with equal horizional and vertical sides.

Guild UI:
      - Allow to change guild logo ffs
      - Million convinient logging and management feature i`ll not list since others probably did 1000 times.

Destiny board:
      - Remove it and make it a simple grid. There is zero, null, absolute no purpose for it looking as it is now: its inconvinient and just makes people scrool/zoom more tryign to find needed nodes - when it all can be easily displayed on one screen in a simple grid. At least in Skyforge, or Path of Exile - "map" system of nodes makes sence and has a purpose: not so in albion.
    • What I've been missing is raid-markers.

You know when you're in a raid and one of your raid-members call in voice "ON ME!" and you open the map to see a ton of yellow dots but you've no idea which one is which?
      In other MMO's you can usually assign markers to raid-members and enemies alike.

I tend to put a star or crown on the initiator, a heart on the healer and maybe a skull or #1 on the priority target.
      Things like that would make life easier.

I've also been wondering when we'll get quick casting as some of my guild members have been moaning about it.
    • Falrinth schrieb:

Please share what functionality current UI is missing in your opinion, or what could be improved. Your feedback will be more valuable if you will also justify your complain / idea insetad of just typing few words. Suggest solution and describe why would it make the gaming experience with Albion better.

1- move overcrowded limit from 400 to 150 ( a pain for tablets with low gpu or video ram, see forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/67325 )

2- change font size, quick fix at least 2x bigger in chat box ( forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/67843 forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/63951 forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/52395 ... )

those are urgencies from long, thx :thumbsup:
      IGN: LewdPriest
    • lustweed schrieb:

Falrinth schrieb:

Please share what functionality current UI is missing in your opinion, or what could be improved. Your feedback will be more valuable if you will also justify your complain / idea insetad of just typing few words. Suggest solution and describe why would it make the gaming experience with Albion better.
      1- move overcrowded limit from 400 to 150 ( a pain for tablets with low gpu or video ram, see forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/67325 )

2- change font size, quick fix at least 2x bigger in chat box ( forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/67843 forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/63951 forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/52395 ... )

those are urgencies from long, thx :thumbsup:
      2 - Why can we not set our own font sizes and colors? I had this ability even when on MUDs in the early 90s.
    • Mostly its the Island interface that can do with some tweeks:

1: Watering and nutering can be changed a bit (water and plant buttons needs to be swapped around with their oposates becaue I tend to click on cancel instead of plant).

2: Make the chests one wider, but still the same amount of slots. Reason is I like to stack up resaurces in tier and rarety. The same goes for the food and animals. A chicken can lay eggs, Chickens can be butchered and the diferant foods from chickens I want to place right next to that lane, I just run out of space in one lane.

3: Timer indicator on top of each plot to show how long certain plants has to go when pressing M for map. I know this is too much, but horses is the main reason. Yes most island Simcity players like me have certain times we work on our farms, but the orses takes 24 hours in stead of the 22 hours for everything else.

4: When crafting, and indicator how much food it takes per turn to craft/refine. Also a bit too much because most ppl can work out the maths, but for those that cant, it could be nice.