Why is the game designed this way?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Why is the game designed this way?

Hello everyone,my Name is ipew4glory,i was intrigued with this game,i loved all of it,up until the point that i realised that having alt characters is pointless,because having a character without premium is pointless by itself.Why would i have a crafter,if i cant have focus with it,unless i pay premium?Why is the game P2W even though we paid to play it?Yes we can buy gold with silver,but for us to have silver we need to grind,or submit ourselves to the labors that are the best paid(no1 wants to do,therefore it pays,literally,coal or iron miner in runescape,in here its collecting stones...it is just used to make materials used for upgrading buildings.....its not a real crafting skill,its just dam laboring,)

I cant generate focus on a non-prem character,nor have learning points,i cant buy island(even worse,i can only have 1 island per account,even though i need to pay for prem per character....whats the idea?) .So having an alt character,and how the thing works,with focus and learning points,its only an excuse to be forced to buy gold,without buying gold atleast 2 or 3 times,you will be extremely hindered,no way it equates,Clear and absurd advantage for credit card users....a F2P scheme on a paid game is ridiculous....if you think that buying gold with silver is the same...you are a retard-_-....while the argument that there are people that dont have much time to play,because they need to work everyday,and being able to buy coins makes it somehow even,is crazy.....most of the people here cant play all they want,AND THOSE WHO CAN,MUST CERTAINLY ARE THE ONES THROWING THE MOST MONEY.I thought it wouldnt be SO DAM OBVIOUS the difference between people who use their credit card as their strongest weapon in game,and others that prefer to PLAY THE DAM GAME.But its obvious to the point of feeling scammed.I paid for this game,and for me to be able to move foward i need to invest in this game,paying in a paid game....or being forced to mine stones as your principal activity,and actually crafting or fighting as secondary.

I CANT BE SELF SUFFICIENT,I CANT SOLO PLAY IF I DONT SPLURG MONEY ON THE GAME(grinding and merching only gets you so far.),or rather,its amazingly expensive and terrifyingly long to play solo...i need to invest over 800k,JUST TO HAVE THE SPACE to build the crafting stations...and then comes gathering the materials by yourself......ALOT OF STONE MINNING.All i did this last weekend was FKING smash stones the whole 2 days,at the end of sunday i tried to see how much money i made......trust me..its not enough to even get private island to level 4 and building up to my tier in the crafting stations that i want to do..and not to my surprise,the first thing i had to create was the stone station.....my island is just lvl3,with a carrot farm and a tier 5 stone station...thats it...thats all i have achieved on my grinding......merching just yield me enough for the island upgrades...and if i wanted to keep making profits,i would need to sell instead of use the stones....

Having an alt character is useless unless you waste gold on it,either silver(you have to farm/grind for silver,that equals time,) or gold,only card swipers would be able to make it work without being forced to gathering useless skills such as anything to do with stones...
      Premium is not an option,its a necesity,because you guys designed it that way...

PLEASE MAKE THE GAME SUBSCRIPTION BASED,I DONT WANT TO BE ON A RACE TO SEE WHO WASTES MORE MONEY TO BE ON THE TOP,I PREFER EVERY ONE HAVING EQUAL CHANCES.
    • Who gave you that definition?P2W means being able to advance multiple times faster by the amount of money you pour in.You can make millions of silver with your credit card.With the speed of a swipe....need 2000 blocks but dont want to farm and dont have the money?swipe the card right here, sir.

Edit:what i am trying to say,is that...if you can just skip grinding,merching,or any other way of silver making my using real money,its p2w.
      If you can do in 3 minutes,what some 1 without a credit card cant do in 2 days,its p2w.

Please educate yourself on the definition of P2W.
    • ipew4glory schrieb:

Who gave you that definition?P2W means being able to advance multiple times faster by the amount of money you pour in.You can make millions of silver with your credit card.With the speed of a swipe....need 2000 blocks but dont want to farm and dont have the money?swipe the card right here, sir.
      Thats not pay to win... Thats pay to go fast IF anything... It doesnt make you win....

Nothing makes me laugh more than a brand new player coming in who thinks he knows everything about the game already
    • ipew4glory schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

all you can do in albion is buy gold and convert it to silver, its not gonna magically make you a better player.
      In a game were silver is power,you could not say something more stupid.
      Silver is not power, are you dense? If you suck at the game and PvP, buying 50 million gold isnt gonna make you better. You're just gonna donate your freshly bought gear to other players like me....
    • BRiCK schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

Who gave you that definition?P2W means being able to advance multiple times faster by the amount of money you pour in.You can make millions of silver with your credit card.With the speed of a swipe....need 2000 blocks but dont want to farm and dont have the money?swipe the card right here, sir.
      Thats not pay to win... Thats pay to go fast IF anything... It doesnt make you win....

Nothing makes me laugh more than a brand new player coming in who thinks he knows everything about the game already
      Its cringy to see a ¨pro¨ saying that going faster than others in a grindy game isnt winning....
    • ipew4glory schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

Its cringy to see a ¨pro¨ saying that going faster than others in a grindy game isnt winning....
      One, I never said I was pro...

Two, You're just proving my point about being a new player. You dont even fully understand the game and you're trying to argue a half baked point.

Paying money doesnt make you speed up combat leveling. You still have to grind like everyone else. Only "advantage" you have is you can simply go buy your gear rather than wait for it to be crafted... That doesnt make you win in any way.
    • BRiCK schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

Thats not pay to win... Thats pay to go fast IF anything... It doesnt make you win....Nothing makes me laugh more than a brand new player coming in who thinks he knows everything about the game already
      One, I never said I was pro...
      Two, You're just proving my point about being a new player. You dont even fully understand the game and you're trying to argue a half baked point.

Paying money doesnt make you speed up combat leveling. You still have to grind like everyone else. Only "advantage" you have is you can simply go buy your gear rather than wait for it to be crafted... That doesnt make you win in any way.
      Did you just say I could go buy my gear...Rather than earn it? And by chance could I idk...Buy the currency to buy my gear? Is...Is that a thing? And would that not help me idk...Win?
    • Lost me during the first sentence at the idea that its hard to premium alts. In this game, you only ever have to pay the purchase cost. Sure, you basically need premium, but needing it is not an issue when its so easy to obtain just by playing. If you enjoy the game and play it even casualty, sustaining premium for 1 or a few characters should not be an issue without ever having to spend real money.
    • Halan schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

Thats not pay to win... Thats pay to go fast IF anything... It doesnt make you win....Nothing makes me laugh more than a brand new player coming in who thinks he knows everything about the game already
      One, I never said I was pro...Two, You're just proving my point about being a new player. You dont even fully understand the game and you're trying to argue a half baked point.

Did you just say I could go buy my gear...Rather than earn it? And by chance could I idk...Buy the currency to buy my gear? Is...Is that a thing? And would that not help me idk...Win?
      You realize that this mechanic you just complained about happens WITHOUT paying IRL money right? Most top gvg teams have their gear provided by guild gatherers and crafters. Most of them dont do anything else but grind combat fame and have everything handed to them. Is this pay to win too then?

For the 100th time, buying gear with IRL money isnt gonna make you a better player. Its not going to make you win. You will still lose it at some point.
    • BRiCK schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

all you can do in albion is buy gold and convert it to silver, its not gonna magically make you a better player.
      Silver is not power, are you dense? If you suck at the game and PvP, buying 50 million gold isnt gonna make you better. You're just gonna donate your freshly bought gear to other players like me....
      How much money so far have you invested?Show me your PRO creds.show me everything you have achieved without grinding.Show me how powerfull is strategically buying gold to get the resources to make mounts and weapons at a bigger scale than others.

I can bet my left nut,and 3 fingers that the top player burned a decent amount of money...oh wait,STRATEGICALLY invested dough in gold,to outsmart his competitors.

Dont get me wrong,i like this game,i will keep playing even though im surrounded by kids like you who is obviously strategically and almost at a pro level,buying gold with £££,and yet thinking that he has the right to call himself pro,or that he can somehow defend that....dude...just embrace it,it looks better than trying to defend it.

Its like hiding an elephant under a tissue and trying to convince every one that its a dog...its weird to see,and only gets weirder the more explanations you try to make.
    • ipew4glory schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

How much money so far have you invested?Show me your PRO creds.show me everything you have achieved without grinding.Show me how powerfull is strategically buying gold to get the resources to make mounts and weapons at a bigger scale than others.
      I can bet my left nut,and 3 fingers that the top player burned a decent amount of money...oh wait,STRATEGICALLY invested dough in gold,to outsmart his competitors.

Dont get me wrong,i like this game,i will keep playing even though im surrounded by kids like you who is obviously strategically and almost at a pro level,buying gold with £££,and yet thinking that he has the right to call himself pro,or that he can somehow defend that....dude...just embrace it,it looks better than trying to defend it.

Its like hiding an elephant under a tissue and trying to convince every one that its a dog...its weird to see,and only gets weirder the more explanations you try to make.
      I started launch with 186k gold. No where near a lot of people... I know dozens of people who started with over a million. I lost a GvG today against Nilgaards A team. Definitely didnt make me win by buying a 6.2 set. So your point is?
    • Never underestimate gear advantage, this game lets players have like what... 6 abilities? You really think there's some sort of utility belt to actually implement skill? It is straight up "These items seem to perform the best, if you go buy all these items, which can be done with money, you can outfit yourself and even some friend, perhaps lots of friends, to all go out and use any given combination of items that have superior utility." Access to desired skills and higher tier equipment is in fact a major boost, I had 4.3 on day 3 and most people couldn't scratch me, I'm still running into tons of people who hit me like noodles, who I can hit for plenty of damage. Until the market is literally flooded with high end gear for low silver prices, the game is in fact offering a major advantage to people who want to dump their credit card and there are entire streams about people who will dump $1000 dollars into a game's currency system. $1000 in this game could outfit a whole zerg guild.
    • I think the important thing for you to realise here is that self sufficency shouldnt be possible in Albion. The point of the game is the interconnected economy. If after less than a week you could be completely self sufficient on your island, the game would fall apart. As someone who has spent money only on the cheapest pack to get the game, I have managed to play as a farmer, a cook, and a stone mason. Everything I can't do myself I can buy with the silver I earn off the market.
    • ntall1 schrieb:

Lost me during the first sentence at the idea that its hard to premium alts. In this game, you only ever have to pay the purchase cost. Sure, you basically need premium, but needing it is not an issue when its so easy to obtain just by playing. If you enjoy the game and play it even casualty, sustaining premium for 1 or a few characters should not be an issue without ever having to spend real money.
      I have a private island,level 3,for me to have this island be self sufficient,i have to sacrifice atleast 1 farm plot,and 2 building plots,i want tier 5 buildings,for me to do this alone,i need to get tier 5 stone crafting station.Only after i get that stone station,will i ever be able to make the other crafting stations to up to tier 5,this is a harduos labor,if you dont go the way of the credit card grand master samurai.

Then add alt character...need to get prem for the alt character for him to be usable..because at the end of the day,i need him to craft efficiently,and for that i need premium,for me to pay prem with silver it would be costly,even more so on the following months when the gold price sky rockets because of premium renewals.

NO,INVESTING SILVER IN GOLD COINS WONT CUT IT,BECAUSE AS A NEW PLAYER,I NEED TO ADVANCE NOW,NOT WAIT AND WASTE ALL MY SILVER IN GOLD COINS.

I need to try and hope to be able to build a snowball out of the crap that im making right now...im literally a coal miner in this game...i work the whole week,to then work the whole weekend on my free time..instead of crafting what i want....(because i need alot of silver to be able to get the space,and build it the stations right away.).I know it will get better the more money i have,merching is slowly turning profits,but you cant make shet flipping with a budget of 300k.
      And i dont think it would be possible to have alt characters and do the stuff i want to do without of being forced to hard labor on the dam game...

I must be around the million in ¨networth¨,which is petty money,i still dont have the crafting stations i want for my ¨destiny¨.I want to be a self sufficient hunter,but for me to be a self sufficient hunter,i first need to be a master stone gatherer,forcer laborer.
    • You just sound really whiny honestly, I havent spent a cent on the game besides the entrance fee of 30$, and It is definetly not pay2win, if you pay cash you have a slight advantage, but it's definitely not pay2win it's pay2speed, I don't have to spend any money for premium, as if i just saved like 1~2 days of just grinding i could easily buy premium, and the whole "You can spend money to buy gear"

yeah, i agree on that, but that's life, if you can't spare 10$, 20$, your not just gonna have shit handed to you, they are a company and need to make money, even if they have an entrance fee, if they have more ways to make good amounts of money they can release more content for us.

I honestly think if i went against a T6 Guy who purchased his gear, I'd just not care, and go sick my guild on him while i continue to gather my mats in the red and black zones. Just because somebody spends money isnt an instant win button, yeah they get a bit of an advantage, but nothing teamwork wont fix.

And if you get zerged by 20~ people who are all wearing T6 gear or some shit because they spent alot of cash on this game, good on them for supporting the developers, I don't completly agree with how that works, but theres always gonna be a cap off point for gear, and when alot of people start reaching it throwing money at the game means nothing

tl:dr Developers want more cash for updates (hopefully, atleast.) and It isnt really pay2win, it's pay2not have to grind mats and get a slight speed advantage.

Also, join a guild. Not joining one is just shooting yourself in the foot.
    • CookiePrince schrieb:

You just sound really whiny honestly, I havent spent a cent on the game besides the entrance fee of 30$, and It is definetly not pay2win, if you pay cash you have a slight advantage, but it's definitely not pay2win it's pay2speed, I don't have to spend any money for premium, as if i just saved like 1~2 days of just grinding i could easily buy premium, and the whole "You can spend money to buy gear"

yeah, i agree on that, but that's life, if you can't spare 10$, 20$, your not just gonna have shit handed to you, they are a company and need to make money, even if they have an entrance fee, if they have more ways to make good amounts of money they can release more content for us.

I honestly think if i went against a T6 Guy who purchased his gear, I'd just not care, and go sick my guild on him while i continue to gather my mats in the red and black zones. Just because somebody spends money isnt an instant win button, yeah they get a bit of an advantage, but nothing teamwork wont fix.

And if you get zerged by 20~ people who are all wearing T6 gear or some shit because they spent alot of cash on this game, good on them for supporting the developers, I don't completly agree with how that works, but theres always gonna be a cap off point for gear, and when alot of people start reaching it throwing money at the game means nothing

tl:dr Developers want more cash for updates (hopefully, atleast.) and It isnt really pay2win, it's pay2not have to grind mats and get a slight speed advantage.

Also, join a guild. Not joining one is just shooting yourself in the foot.
      As i said,i would love for it to be subscription based,and not with F2P mechanics.I dont get how you try to push ¨developers need food too¨,when i said that what i want is true equity.Subscription based supports the developers,and prevent people from ¨SPEEDING THE FUK UP¨ with their credit cards....

IN WHAT WORLD IS ¨JUST SPEEDING YOUR PROGRESS¨ NOT PAY 2 WIN?If i can get max level island in a second,and then get all the resources i need for my crafting stations,just 1 hour after starting to play,how is that just a minor,slight,not even noticeable, advantage?