Why is the game designed this way?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Not p2w, but u can get a edge by paying... You almost have to play a shit ton, or pay money to keep up. The system is to get more money out of players, which I think shows their greed, but it is not p2w..
      www.UnitedWorldGamers.org
      https://www.twitch.tv/donaramu Want gold?
      https://www.youtube.com/UwGDonaramu
      UwG is Recruiting Mature & Friendly Gamers!
    • This argument is funny yes you can't pay to become a better player but you can defiantly level faster and buy gear easier by paying for it. I started an alt which will take me so long to get to an upper lever because I don't want to pay to put premium on an alt... It is much easier to pay to level/grind your character to max and that is paying to win in my book. Type "pay to win. into google:

"In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free. Some critics of such games call them "pay-to-win" or "p2w" games. -Wikipedia
    • Most games, including longstanding/big titles like WoW and TESO are P2W according to the standards being set in this thread. You can buy items in WoW with $ that can convert to in game currency, and you can theoretically pay a raiding guild to help you get any gear you want.... In TESO you get huge bonuses to crafting and general exp gain by paying a sub.

I would say the definition of P2W in the current MMO world is whether or not you can directly buy gear to increase your character power, so I do not think Albion is P2W.
    • First, I just wanted to start off by thanking you for our 2089th "Pay To Win wut ze foooook SI?!?!?!?!?!?!" thread. It really is an absolute pleasure to read yet another one of these with the same remarks and lacking arguments. Although this one was particularly hard to follow due to the numerous spelling errors and spewing of nonsense. To the point where you called those who disagree with you "retards." I mean that comment alone right there, negated any potential your thread had. That being said, I'll be a "retard" and respond to what I think is one of the most "retarded" "Albion is P2W" threads I've read thus far.

Let us first start with the fact that you bitched you'd have to do work in a game of grinding. You literally said: "This is so ridiculous that I'd have to smash rocks/stones to make money." That right there, tells me that you bought the wrong game. This game is about grinding - fame, money, etc. So actually this seems like the gold in the store is advantageous for you, since you're seemingly one of the children who believe everything should be handed to them. So whip out your mommy's card and buy yourself some gold.

Next, you talked a bunch about how useless an Alternate character is. "Having an alt character is useless unless you waste gold on it." If your Alternate character is used properly, I don't believe you're "wasting" gold on it? You should be making more than enough silver/gold to afford at least 1 character's worth of premium. Whether that means you whack some stone for a weekend or two, PvE and get decent drop(s), or you PvP and get some loot going. Especially early on right now, these prices are definitely in reach for players to afford their membership(s) with in-game progress (silver/gold). So this sort of covered two arguments. The first is that you should be able to fund yourself here from most in-game interactions. I was able to purchase 1 year of membership and I haven't "smashed a stone" or gathered a rock since the tutorial. The second one is that you should be doing valuable things with your accounts. Like you should prioritize some way (with 1, if not all/both alt characters) to get/acquire some money for you and your accounts considering how important having premium is. If you're not, then this is a YOU problem and YOU'RE to blame for this.

The game is not pay to win (yet, sure it could be in the future - but I doubt it will be). You can't buy any real competitive edge over anyone. 1,000,000 Gold will still, unfortunately, not prevent you from tanking that fire mage's fireball when he casts it upon your head. I will throw the same argument that everyone who disagrees with you says - if you buy enough gold to fund the world 2 things happen:
      1. Prices change because so much gold was introduced. That's the cool thing about the market, when one inflates, the other does too and stuff becomes more/less valuable. Welcome to the economy.
      2. People have to actually gather, craft, and fund (by selling/trading) your purchases of "top gear" or whatever you and the next garbage thread on this topic will cry about.
      All in all, it sounds like you signed up for the wrong game.
    • Cosain schrieb:

Most games, including longstanding/big titles like WoW and TESO are P2W according to the standards being set in this thread. You can buy items in WoW with $ that can convert to in game currency, and you can theoretically pay a raiding guild to help you get any gear you want.... In TESO you get huge bonuses to crafting and general exp gain by paying a sub.

I would say the definition of P2W in the current MMO world is whether or not you can directly buy gear to increase your character power, so I do not think Albion is P2W.

You also get huge bonuses to crafting and general exp by paying for a sub in albion. Premium includes learning books, which is something you pay for... I don't get your argument here. Also I am curious what game can you pay to become a better player in? Because my reflexes are starting to slow and if I could pay to get some back without hacking that would be great.
    • Speakmore schrieb:

First, I just wanted to start off by thanking you for our 2089th "Pay To Win wut ze foooook SI?!?!?!?!?!?!" thread. It really is an absolute pleasure to read yet another one of these with the same remarks and lacking arguments. Although this one was particularly hard to follow due to the numerous spelling errors and spewing of nonsense. To the point where you called those who disagree with you "retards." I mean that comment alone right there, negated any potential your thread had. That being said, I'll be a "retard" and respond to what I think is one of the most "retarded" "Albion is P2W" threads I've read thus far.

Let us first start with the fact that you bitched you'd have to do work in a game of grinding. You literally said: "This is so ridiculous that I'd have to smash rocks/stones to make money." That right there, tells me that you bought the wrong game. This game is about grinding - fame, money, etc. So actually this seems like the gold in the store is advantageous for you, since you're seemingly one of the children who believe everything should be handed to them. So whip out your mommy's card and buy yourself some gold.

Next, you talked a bunch about how useless an Alternate character is. "Having an alt character is useless unless you waste gold on it." If your Alternate character is used properly, I don't believe you're "wasting" gold on it? You should be making more than enough silver/gold to afford at least 1 character's worth of premium. Whether that means you whack some stone for a weekend or two, PvE and get decent drop(s), or you PvP and get some loot going. Especially early on right now, these prices are definitely in reach for players to afford their membership(s) with in-game progress (silver/gold). So this sort of covered two arguments. The first is that you should be able to fund yourself here from most in-game interactions. I was able to purchase 1 year of membership and I haven't "smashed a stone" or gathered a rock since the tutorial. The second one is that you should be doing valuable things with your accounts. Like you should prioritize some way (with 1, if not all/both alt characters) to get/acquire some money for you and your accounts considering how important having premium is. If you're not, then this is a YOU problem and YOU'RE to blame for this.

The game is not pay to win (yet, sure it could be in the future - but I doubt it will be). You can't buy any real competitive edge over anyone. 1,000,000 Gold will still, unfortunately, not prevent you from tanking that fire mage's fireball when he casts it upon your head. I will throw the same argument that everyone who disagrees with you says - if you buy enough gold to fund the world 2 things happen:
      1. Prices change because so much gold was introduced. That's the cool thing about the market, when one inflates, the other does too and stuff becomes more/less valuable. Welcome to the economy.
      2. People have to actually gather, craft, and fund (by selling/trading) your purchases of "top gear" or whatever you and the next garbage thread on this topic will cry about.

2. In responses to this what about when they just put gold on their account and buy the gear of the market? They aren't crafting anything... Yes someone else put in the hard work to make it all but someone with money doesn't have to worry about that. When did they craft?
    • Jaymo schrieb:

Speakmore schrieb:

First, I just wanted to start off by thanking you for our 2089th "Pay To Win wut ze foooook SI?!?!?!?!?!?!" thread. It really is an absolute pleasure to read yet another one of these with the same remarks and lacking arguments. Although this one was particularly hard to follow due to the numerous spelling errors and spewing of nonsense. To the point where you called those who disagree with you "retards." I mean that comment alone right there, negated any potential your thread had. That being said, I'll be a "retard" and respond to what I think is one of the most "retarded" "Albion is P2W" threads I've read thus far.

2. In responses to this what about when they just put gold on their account and buy the gear of the market? They aren't crafting anything... Yes someone else put in the hard work to make it all but someone with money doesn't have to worry about that. When did they craft?
      In your bullet point, you're correct. What I was getting at - is that someone ELSE has to actually gather the materials, craft the gear (you are looking for), and then ALSO sell/trade it to YOU. Top gear typically gets held by the best guilds that need them in GvG - it's not like we have an abundance of 8.3 flying around the market. So just because you bought 1,000,000 Gold doesn't actually provide you anything if no one will sell you it. Kind of like holding a stock, crypto-currency, baseball card (that's worth money) - none of it really has a value until someone has/will pay you for it. Make sense?
    • ipew4glory schrieb:

Trixer schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

Sylys schrieb:

ipew4glory schrieb:

Sylys schrieb:

Territories are decided by player skill, ie, GvGs. It's like a giant game of risk. The more map you control, the easier it is to get resources. Resources are used to craft the highest tier gear. The highest tier gear is used in GvGs. It is not efficient to buy the highest tier gear on a constant basis whatsoever. Even so, player skill > gear.

P2W point proved. It's not P2W at all.

As I pointed out a few posts ago, I've used 0 gold, have in fact invested in it (I bought more with my earned silver) and I was sitting at 360k silver.
      You're just not doing it right.
      The guilds fighting for territories right now,are guilds that did not need to gather the fk up. P2W guilds fighting against each other,And you declare it a point made.The guilds that can fit their combatants with the best armors,are HANDS DOWN,guilds that invested gold.They paid to advance,POINT MADE.Sylys...i bought all the gold i could when it was at 60 a piece...i have 8k gold right now...i am just wondering how you have not bought any gold,but bould all gold you could with your silver,and claiming that you are advancing at a decent rate?
      This Sylys things that people that buy silver are the ones buying on the merchant.....THE ONES WHO BOUGHT SILVER ARE THE ONES CRAFTING.THE ONES WHO CAN MAKE THE BEST WEAPONS AND ARMORS ARE THE ONES SWIPING THEIR CARDs....logic of yours it amusing-......
      I just told you I bought gold with silver, you fool. Don't misquote me. It's right fkn there, l2 read.I craft. I sold no gold.Again, you are just raging and have no clue how to make silver.

L2P pleb

The real pleb still accepted my analysis about the current territory contestants.
      im crafting and flipping items,and its not yielding much,yet you are telling me you are buying gold with your silver everytime you can,and still moving foward?considering that right now,when you move to make next tier stuff,the building upgrades would be crunching your budget,and the materials would increase in price exponentially,yet you are still making profit by crafting,selling,and buying part mats and part gold?
      So you bought 0 silver?You would be halted on t3 crafting with your plan...max,t4,when in a non-p2w guild.
      That's silly. I soully buy off the auction house and make stuff and sell them and am making bank. Have you maybe asked yourself if you are just bad at the market? There is a lot of skill to it and its not as simple as it may sound at first. So ill give you one pro tip. Buy orders....

Merching is the easiest part of the game,the thing is that you need to amass enough money to start making a profit by flipping....here comes a dude thinking that merching is pro....DAM,LIKE IF THERE ISNT A SINGLE PLAYER HERE THAT DOESNT KNOW HOW TO MERCH.
      Without money,merching is slower than grinding.without grinding,you will never get enough silver to start profiting from merching......or..wait,im wrong,you can just buy silver,and then merch with it...you know...do a donald trump,get a small loan of a bunch of dollars and make it 2 bunches of dollars,over a period of just a couple of decades.Scratch that,buy alot of silver,advance crafting as fast as just clicking craft can get you.and then profit from crafting...

Either way,i love the game,just stop trying to push the idea that you just have more skills because you bought gold and silver.
      I just told you how to make silver without ever using gold. I did it.

You're clearly mentally ill.

Check in at the hospital cuz you're a wack job.

Think I've had enough of your fail excuses.

I'll be in-game enjoying the massive amount of silver I EARNED without spending the gold I have accumulated by EARNING my silver.
      Hostiles recruiting.
      HGs/GvGs is our primary focus.
    • Jaymo schrieb:

This argument is funny yes you can't pay to become a better player but you can defiantly level faster and buy gear easier by paying for it. I started an alt which will take me so long to get to an upper lever because I don't want to pay to put premium on an alt... It is much easier to pay to level/grind your character to max and that is paying to win in my book. Type "pay to win. into google:

"In some multiplayer free-to-play games, players who are willing to pay for special items or downloadable content may be able to gain a significant advantage over those playing for free. Some critics of such games call them "pay-to-win" or "p2w" games. -Wikipedia
      Funny since this is the definition i get on google..

"Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."
    • You can't succeed in this game as a solo player anyways, not by any measure that is significant, so that is your real problem bud.

ipew4glory schrieb:

Il be lying if i tell you its uniquely by myself,its me,my brother,and a friend,and all we did this weekend was stone gathering....we were talking so much about doing expeditions over skype,but then we realized we need silver to do what we want to do,efficiently....i had the entire last week,using t3...now i decided to splurg a bit of our silver on t4,and they went crazy because we need the silver to make more silver,to,hopefully,one day be able to craft in our own islands what we want to use.
      We are making small progresses compared to people that are already walking around in t6 equipments and mounts.That somehow have all the time in the world to go on expeditions(dont give me the crap of divided labors inside a guild....on the first weeks all would be gathering instead of indulging themselves in raids and what not,but thanks god,the strongest magic in albion is there,the credit card buff.)
      ahhh, okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here and make an assumption based on what you are saying here. When I first started playing this game, I thought that the right way to play was to avoid buying stuff from other players, and provide for myself in every way. I feel like you guys may be falling into that same sand trap based upon the banging stone nodes comment. If you're only four people, you don't really have the time to developed characters capable of generating high silver values, and high stone values. You're going to have to buy the stone off the auction house. Along with many of the other things you need. The price may seem really high at the moment, but that's because you're lil nubbies right now, so you need to stop hitting rocks, and start hitting skellys... or cavemen or some shit, it doesn't really matter. Develope combat characters first, buy the other shit. In my guild we're in a similar situation, but just a little different. We are 12 guys with a lot of experience, but while we are able to manage high crafting and combat development, we just don't have the time to develope gathering. As a result, we buy our resources to craft with. It costs us more than it would if we were gathering the resources, but we simply don't have time for it. This game is like a "here are three things, now pick two" sort of game, and that is exactly what gets players engaging in the worlds commerce system. It's by design, and you can't fight it really. Once you start to work with it you will realize how much of a long term benifit it is to you, even if the immediate cost is a bummer.
    • ipew4glory schrieb:

Hello everyone,my Name is ipew4glory,i was intrigued with this game,i loved all of it,up until the point that i realised that having alt characters is pointless,because having a character without premium is pointless by itself.Why would i have a crafter,if i cant have focus with it,unless i pay premium?

YADA YADA
      I guess I am an old fashioned kinda guy, I value something -I am willing to pay for it if the price is right for me.

I have three alts and they all are premium with monthly subs.

Each alt will focus on one of these: potions, food or livestock. Additionally they will all be adventurers with their own builds, etc.
      Mercantile & Mercenary Order: For lone wolf style adventurers who wish to form an as needed partnership with other adventurers for mutual benefit and convenience as they journey through Albion.
    • Vancoor schrieb:

lmao you guys do realize that this ipew twat is just trolling right? And even if he wasnt, he's being too denseriously to reason with so why try?
      It's the goddamn internet, of course he is trolling.

Mercantile & Mercenary Order: For lone wolf style adventurers who wish to form an as needed partnership with other adventurers for mutual benefit and convenience as they journey through Albion.
    • You people get too hyped up by him calling this pay to win... But when you're not a retard, you'll notice both sides make fair points.

Albion isn't pay to win, but by spending real money, you can still get a edge that many won't have... Sure it won't make them a better player, but they can still fund their gear and their guild's gear with real money... Sure someone had to make it and it still moves funds around, but that doesn't mean that spending real money doesn't give others some form of an edge over Joe blow who had to farm for everything and could only get to T5, while Big money paid his way, and kept to leveling and is not at T7

And you know damn well they added the watering crops to push people to have more alts, and in many cases, spend real money to get ahead

So no, it is not P2W. But if you can't see that spending real money gives some kind of a edge, you're blind.

No I am not hating on albion. I enjoy it. But I am not blind to the facts and the greed these companies have..

Edit: I would like to note that I have talked to people about this stuff. I met one guild 2 betas ago and was discussing it. 1 person openly said he has put over $500 into the game, alts, and gold. And the other said somewhere near 1,000..... Holy shit... I can see $100 for the game, and maybe $100 over time if you fall short on premium, but 1k? And that was just out of a small group of people. It's about money, and people will pay it! I bet a lot of the people hating, are the same people who have paid real money in albion or other games. Just saying dudes, so chill and be easy about it... I am still having fun, I don't mind farming xD. Been playing minecraft since 2010, and ark for 2 years..

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Donaramu ()

• Balion schrieb:

Greed...... you mean investing years of time in development to then realease a product that makes money hopefully ongoing profit to fund further development... this is greed?

Fucking progressives the left has regressed.
      Not a leftist, lol... And yes, it is still greed.

Clearly your rage kept you from reading "No I am not hating on albion. I enjoy it.". Me saying they're greedy, does not mean I am hating on them, just stating facts... And it wouldn't of taken them so long if they had a better idea where they were going before changing the game 100 times. Again, I am not hating on them, just stating facts. If you dislike facts, maybe you're the leftist?
    • BRiCK schrieb:

Jaymo schrieb:

This argument is funny yes you can't pay to become a better player but you can defiantly level faster and buy gear easier by paying for it. I started an alt which will take me so long to get to an upper lever because I don't want to pay to put premium on an alt... It is much easier to pay to level/grind your character to max and that is paying to win in my book. Type "pay to win. into google:

Funny since this is the definition i get on google..
      "Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying."
      Please remind me how buying masses of gold and selling it for masses of silver does not guarantee access to better gear, or masses of material including artifact pieces at levels of crafting and gathering that take a plentitude of hours to otherwise go obtain normally. Please tell me how premium does not make you access crafting and gathering faster. I don't care if they have some cute little fallback system of "If you somehow aren't immensely behind all the players who buy 186k in gold like this mook over here, you can still try to earn enough silver to buy your premium in the consistently inflating gold market"