Server Performance Background Information

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Few Issues

1 - Proving there isn't 2+ people playing in the house
    2 - Not going to list but there are some pretty easy work around to the IP you mentioned

I know they have a strict stance on no multi-boxing but like every other game that has tried that rule there are so many issues.

I won't even lie I am afraid to have my wife join me in the game because the Albion staff seems to have a ban and that is it policy
    <Eternal> Lymhurst - LvL 2 T4
  • CharlieChaos schrieb:

Few Issues

1 - Proving there isn't 2+ people playing in the house
    2 - Not going to list but there are some pretty easy work around to the IP you mentioned

I know they have a strict stance on no multi-boxing but like every other game that has tried that rule there are so many issues.

I won't even lie I am afraid to have my wife join me in the game because the Albion staff seems to have a ban and that is it policy
    We have numerous husband and wife combos that play in the same house and have not had any issues...
  • Fikus schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

Fikus schrieb:

Any information what the hell is going on with the server? We really don't need this information after you turn the server back on, but while the downtime lasts...
    did you bother to read the first post? lmao
    So after reading the first post you expect that the server will have problems 24/7? lmao
    of course not considering i just played for like 4 hours straight with no issues outside of major cities....
  • craneology schrieb:

Bigbouf schrieb:

I've bought the game two days ago.
    yesterday was a nightmare to play a lot of lag (evening EU time)
    Now i was disconnect on my island because can't go back on town.
    Waiting to reconnect the queu doesn't work.

I've wait the last moment to buy this game because don't want to play in beta but is like beta.
    And finally no possible to refund...
    Oh really now.
    Have you ever played an MMO when it is first released? If so, please inform me of the ones which went off with zero issues. I am all ears.

DO we get compensation when we are screwed over by traffic in real life? No. We just need to be patient. It sucks but crying every 2 minutes isn't really doing anything.
    I do not think you quite get the point at all. We paid, they need to do better.. I do not expect perfect but when mistakes are made people deserve to be compensated for their money. I run a bottle shop, when a customer brings back a corked/duff bottle of wine we replace it no issues even though this is something that happens to 1 in 12 bottles of wine. I would not dream of saying, "quit complaining this is life" as it would be reported to head office and I would be brought into question at my customer server abilities. This should simply be the same. The fact this has happened so many times and so many have become used to the idea that this is just the way things are is ridiculous. I don't speak for everyone but I was taught you always do better and learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others.
  • BRiCK schrieb:

Fikus schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

Fikus schrieb:

Any information what the hell is going on with the server? We really don't need this information after you turn the server back on, but while the downtime lasts...
    So after reading the first post you expect that the server will have problems 24/7? lmao
    of course not considering i just played for like 4 hours straight with no issues outside of major cities....
    cool i couldn't log on my island for last 2 hours
  • Fikus schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

Fikus schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

Fikus schrieb:

cool i couldn't log on my island for last 2 hours
    Hence why i said read the first post... You're probably trying to login to a island at a city that has too many people...
  • vvaridus schrieb:

craneology schrieb:

Bigbouf schrieb:

I've wait the last moment to buy this game because don't want to play in beta but is like beta.
    Oh really now.Have you ever played an MMO when it is first released? If so, please inform me of the ones which went off with zero issues. I am all ears.

DO we get compensation when we are screwed over by traffic in real life? No. We just need to be patient. It sucks but crying every 2 minutes isn't really doing anything.
    I do not think you quite get the point at all. We paid, they need to do better.. I do not expect perfect but when mistakes are made people deserve to be compensated for their money. I run a bottle shop, when a customer brings back a corked/duff bottle of wine we replace it no issues even though this is something that happens to 1 in 12 bottles of wine. I would not dream of saying, "quit complaining this is life" as it would be reported to head office and I would be brought into question at my customer server abilities. This should simply be the same. The fact this has happened so many times and so many have become used to the idea that this is just the way things are is ridiculous. I don't speak for everyone but I was taught you always do better and learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others.
    We dont need any compensation for uncontrollable issues...
  • HeroZig schrieb:

Bercilak schrieb:

If there is more than 1.100 players in a zone, the zone starts lagging.
    then why when a zone has 400 players all fighting in zvz style combat does it become slide show pvp?
    As I just explained, server demand increases exponentially for each player in range, including the player themselves (there is a reason you rubberband).

The formula is simply yx2, where x is the average number of players within range of each other, and y is the total number of players in a zone. If you have 1,100 players in a zone but in clusters of 3 or 4, that isn't a problem, because the server only has to calculate and send small amount of information to each player. Let's say at all times, 4 players are within range, that is 42 per player, or 16 x 1100 = 17,600 position reports per whatever frequency they do.

No, if you have 400 people, all within range of each other, you now have 400x4002 or 4003, that is 64,000,000 position reports, at whatever frequency they do. I am fairly sure the servers would simply crash at that point, and as you noticed, 400 people within range of each other is far more demanding to the server than 1100 people spread out around a zone.
  • BRiCK schrieb:

vvaridus schrieb:

craneology schrieb:

Bigbouf schrieb:

Oh really now.Have you ever played an MMO when it is first released? If so, please inform me of the ones which went off with zero issues. I am all ears.
    You mean every city? Because everu cty is probably overcrowded... And i have island in Carleone
  • Fikus schrieb:

BRiCK schrieb:

vvaridus schrieb:

craneology schrieb:

Bigbouf schrieb:

Oh really now.Have you ever played an MMO when it is first released? If so, please inform me of the ones which went off with zero issues. I am all ears.DO we get compensation when we are screwed over by traffic in real life? No. We just need to be patient. It sucks but crying every 2 minutes isn't really doing anything.
    You mean every city? Because everu cty is probably overcrowded... And i have island in Carleone
    So there's always a Jita that get's created... in that case link the markets together on a rotation either random or based on certain in game events in the area like deaths in the region or something.
  • Please, really something bad happens with Caerleon market - there are over 600+ people in this cluster ONLY, buying and selling and manipulating stuff.

Please, limit number of orders per character to some reasonable amount, introduce a timeout (severe timeout, like 15 sec) after market filter search is executed - there is definitely a trade bot issue !
  • Korn schrieb:

Kappatronic schrieb:

1100 in a zone starts lagging?we had 100vs100 fights and the lag was insane and the disconnects. lol
    There is a difference between players in a city and players fighting in the same screen, as the amount of data transmitted gets crazy.
    There is also a strong limit to how many players can fight in the same screen without lag, and, to our knowledge, there is no game that can surpass it - Eve Online being a special case to an extent as each player does very little in a fight in terms of movement, abilities used, etc, hence much less data is created per player compared to Albion. On top of that, they slow down "time" if fights get very large, which is something we might also look into in the future.

When it comes to game design, you will note that we always make sure that multiple PvP objectives are available at the same time, hence encouraging the player base to naturally split between them as it is more rewarding to do so. There are some exceptions to this, for example, if a territory is dropped, etc. Here, from a game design point of view, this is something we will do further work on.

Korn schrieb:

Kappatronic schrieb:

So in the end the zvz open world situations are just gonna be on who has the most numbers and the most aoe?that was not the case in betas.We had a small fight vs one guild in territory zvz. Lag was ok. could use skills could kite could dodge. Then big zerg guild comes and everyone just sees screenshots. oh well
    No, that's not what we are saying. The game is designed in such a way that it should never be "worth it" to bring so many players to a single fight. Take PvP chests for example: if there is enough of them, and they come online at the exact same time, than there is a natural incentive to split up for maximum rewards. The same holds true for castle fights. And the same holds true for "normal" zones, as if there is too many players in them at the same time, there won't be enough mobs and resources to farm.
    Having said that, there are a few cases where this principle is not true, such as when a territory is dropped by a guild and becomes available for capture in the open world. This is something we'll look into.
    Well that last part is just completely untrue. Guils are already zerging up over 100 for stuff like warcamps and gvg blockades. The 'design' away from this is not sufficient and however much you improve it zerg guilds will always be incentivized to bring more players than the enemy. Whichever zerg is willing to shut down the cluster with lag can get an objective...