Server Performance Background Information

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• craneology schrieb:

Bigbouf schrieb:

I've bought the game two days ago.
    yesterday was a nightmare to play a lot of lag (evening EU time)
    Now i was disconnect on my island because can't go back on town.
    Waiting to reconnect the queu doesn't work.

I've wait the last moment to buy this game because don't want to play in beta but is like beta.
    And finally no possible to refund...
    Oh really now.
    Have you ever played an MMO when it is first released? If so, please inform me of the ones which went off with zero issues. I am all ears.

DO we get compensation when we are screwed over by traffic in real life? No. We just need to be patient. It sucks but crying every 2 minutes isn't really doing anything.
    Hmm... I do!

And that's no excuse. I've paid for something and so I expect something in return!

Stop the white knighting.
  • - One of the biggest problem is: Caerleon is the only place to TP in BZ, Adding some Tp's in every city (same than the one in Caerleon) would help a lot, with a restriction when Tping back in the city you used to TP.

Example: TP in BZ green zone in Fort Sterling = timer exactly the same + add a TP back to the city where u TP first (Fort Sterling in that example)

As the game will go on, the other cities will become useless, as the "end game" is in BZ. The timer will permit to not grab ressources in FS and TP them in an other city with 2 clic.

- An other problem is multi-account to have many island and so on, but people that connect 2 or more accounts at the same time doesn't help at all. Connecting into the game should be limited by the IP, 1 IP = 1 account connected. Allready saw people farming dungeon with 3 différent account at the same time to up 3 characters or people gathering ressources with 2 différent account at the same time.

- Connection / Deconnection / Reconnection, don't know if it's a problem and can make some issues, but on one acocunt you can have 3 island (with 3 premium characters), as people use this for their daily points, those focalisation points should be shared with all the account characters. This would avoid the connection spam each day (well a part of it).
    Example: 3 premium char = 90k points in total AND 30k points up each day.
    Even better if those points could be link between accounts that you own this would also prevent a part of those multiaccount connections, as i m pretty sure many people use multiple account only for their islands.

- Maybe change the BZ TP system, if you tp green you can tp in every green zone without any link timer to the one you used but not in other colors zone. This would avoid people stacking in a city behind a TP cause some people gank them when they come out of the TP. As they can't change their TP arrival in BZ for a short time and they don't want to die for free they just wait to TP somewhere else.

- About the zone with too many people (especially starting zone & cities), multiple region servers: Fort Sterling 1 > Fort Sterling 2 > Fort Sterling 3 and so on. Allow people to switch between region except if they are full. Cities don't need at all to have everybody in the same spot and if people wan't to be together in group they can switch in a less populated one.
  • MishaXG schrieb:

- One of the biggest problem is: Caerleon is the only place to TP in BZ, Adding some Tp's in every city (same than the one in Caerleon) would help a lot, with a restriction when Tping back in the city you used to TP.

Example: TP in BZ green zone in Fort Sterling = timer exactly the same + add a TP back to the city where u TP first (Fort Sterling in that example)

As the game will go on, the other cities will become useless, as the "end game" is in BZ. The timer will permit to not grab ressources in FS and TP them in an other city with 2 clic.

- Connection / Deconnection / Reconnection, don't know if it's a problem and can make some issues, but on one acocunt you can have 3 island (with 3 premium characters), as people use this for their daily points, those focalisation points should be shared with all the account characters. This would avoid the connection spam each day (well a part of it).
    Example: 3 premium char = 90k points in total AND 30k points up each day.
    Even better if those points could be link between accounts that you own this would also prevent a part of those multiaccount connections, as i m pretty sure many people use multiple account only for their islands.

- Maybe change the BZ TP system, if you tp green you can tp in every green zone without any link timer to the one you used but not in other colors zone. This would avoid people stacking in a city behind a TP cause some people gank them when they come out of the TP. As they can't change their TP arrival in BZ for a short time and they don't want to die for free they just wait to TP somewhere else.

- About the zone with too many people (especially starting zone & cities), multiple region servers: Fort Sterling 1 > Fort Sterling 2 > Fort Sterling 3 and so on. Allow people to switch between region except if they are full. Cities don't need at all to have everybody in the same spot and if people wan't to be together in group they can switch in a less populated one.

- An other problem is multi-account to have many island and so on, but people that connect 2 or more accounts at the same time doesn't help at all. Connecting into the game should be limited by the IP, 1 IP = 1 account connected. Allready saw people farming dungeon with 3 différent account at the same time to up 3 characters or people gathering ressources with 2 différent account at the same time.
    In response to this I have 4 people in my house who play wife and kids. This wouldn't work

Having the ability to get to the BZ from blue areas defeats the purpose of this game it would be to care bear for people to farm the black zones and have a safe pathway to the lower zones no chance of getting ganked with your goods on you. You would only take the chance in the BZ
  • If you split servers into regions (NA and EU) a lot of the people will quit. The game was marketed as a single large world type game. And when the games hype slowly dies down the servers will be empty just like every other game that launches with multiple servers. Then we have to wait for server merges and megaservers which always end up taking forever.

Please don't ruin the game and split it into regions...
  • I'm no advocate for different regions but since they are at capacity and have already admitted its not a hardware issue but a capacity issue how many people you think they will loose to not being able to play? Its the first week and they will keep getting more and more people to play once the word gets out. 1 additional server isn't a bad idea.
  • Why not cloning the Map ,(like channels in Neverwinter) If the first channel reach 250 Players,the second will be opend.When the first one reach 300 Players,its full and no one can join it.Automaticly joined the next free one.
    And when there are 3 or more channels at this Point,and one reaches 0 Players,it will be closed automaticly.
  • Not saying to split the entire game in region, only main cities and starting areas. All the rest is good as it is and it would just destroy the game purpose if they split it into regions.
    But there's no need to have everybody in the same city, actually what are you doing in a city? TP to BZ, go to bank, go to market, TP on island, craft in buildings. Chat can still be between every different regions.

Maybe the word "region" make some people tilt, "channel" would be more approriate. So there isn't 500+ people in every cities and when you go in every other zone then it's everybody together in the same area as it is right now.

What would be the impact for the cities? Well maybe a bit harder to duel in cities, but tbh it's stupid to duel in a city where there is 500+ people near you when you can go threw a door and duel in a less populated area.
  • I really cant wrap my head around this. Im not even complaining cause the lag hasnt even affected me that much.

BUT

If you're stating that ur servers have enough power and there is no major code/software issues then why the fuck cant ur servers handle the player influx?

telling us that the problem is having too many people is retarded. how do the other games work then? I've played zergVSzerg in 15 y old games back then and there was minimal lag with 15 year old tech.

Get your shit together, assume ur problems and fix them.

ye, I realised u said that you were working on 'small' code/software issues that didnt appear on alphas/betas. This is a step forward for you to even realise this. But please stop with the excuses of 'its not us, its just we have too many players' . We are not going to burn u alive for assuming your mistakes, nobody expected the server to run smoothly on launch.

again, get ur shit together

p.s. props for the kinda smooth release /no sarcasm intended
  • Darkmane schrieb:

In response to this I have 4 people in my house who play wife and kids. This wouldn't work

Having the ability to get to the BZ from blue areas defeats the purpose of this game it would be to care bear for people to farm the black zones and have a safe pathway to the lower zones no chance of getting ganked with your goods on you. You would only take the chance in the BZ

- True thing, IP would be a problem for people in that case.

- Not sure if it would be a problem if people are link no matter what to the city where they tp, as the only way for them to come back in Royal territory would be in the city they tped to go in BZ. A timer would be stupid yes cause they would just wait, so no timer and lock to the city they tped from until they come back in the city and run on foot to an other city to tp from there. Like that they won't be able to travel ressources easily, still be able to get PK between cities in Royal territory with their goods and ofc PK in BZ.
    The only problem is if people begin to make trades with each other in BZ at the teleport portal to switch ressources easily, but i m pretty sure a solution about this can be found to prevent this.
  • MishaXG schrieb:

Darkmane schrieb:

- True thing, IP would be a problem for people in that case.

- Not sure if it would be a problem if people are link no matter what to the city where they tp, as the only way for them to come back in Royal territory would be in the city they tped to go in BZ. A timer would be stupid yes cause they would just wait, so no timer and lock to the city they tped from until they come back in the city and run on foot to an other city to tp from there. Like that they won't be able to travel ressources easily, still be able to get PK between cities in Royal territory with their goods and ofc PK in BZ.
    The only problem is if people begin to make trades with each other in BZ at the teleport portal to switch ressources easily, but i m pretty sure a solution about this can be found to prevent this.

people would never leave the care bear zones and only goto BZ to farm
  • I am assuming that with #2, you're talking that the growth at which the server has to server out information is exponential to the number of people?
    As in, if there are 4 people in a zone, including themselves, the server has to report 42 or 16 things (the position of all 4 players, for each players). Of course, the server only reports player position within the vicinity, but that vicinity is quite large, and as zone get over populated, you end up with hundreds of player at entrances leading to tens of thousands of calculations and packets being sent a second.