Server Performance Background Information

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Here's an crezy idea ... how about to forget all about the "one server for all" and admit, that the game will not work like that.
    There are many black and red zones with 0 players and many blue and yellow with 200+ players, but they will simply wont go to the empty red or black becouse of zerg parties or many other personal reasons.
    Would not be solution to have several servers based on geographical location (EA server, EU server etc.), make smaller map, it would solve two often addressed issues, one being lags with many ppl in zone, other is non playable 100v100 pvp. And for a bonus ... all players would have better ping becouse they would play on "theirs" server.

Or ... to keep the idea of GvG and AvA with hundrets of players battleing ... create another server, smaller, limit guild members, make it more suited for smaller groups and perhaps solo players.
  • DeseanDwyer schrieb:

Then why are you crying about over-zerging, the larger guilds stick to one region in the Black Zone and the smaller to the other. Over-zerging happens in zones adjacent to each-other.
    Your comment literally made no sense.
    I rly love expression "crying". :D Where is other region in black zone? If there are some small guilds in some region, trust me in 2-3 weeks there will no one :D This is about resources for GvG and skilled teams(more fights more experienced you are) with 1-3 teams you can conquer all black zones in few weeks. Black zones are not idea created only for those 3 teams supported with other 700 members zerging everyone around and bringing unlimited amount of resources. There should be always place/possibility for other players and even if they do not success they still should have some chance begin somewhere again, so this is about population / zones balance keep fun for everyone. Black zones is not content for only hardcore outnumbered guild, it is content for everyone, to keep everyone in competition and fun. If there is not place for come back, you will stop playing the game. :D

Secondly, there is no sw/hw technology what can handle unlimited rising of guild members during the guild events. There are always some limits. So massive zerging fights never been goal/scenario of any released mmo across the world in the past.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Sardion ()

• Sardion schrieb:

DeseanDwyer schrieb:

Then why are you crying about over-zerging, the larger guilds stick to one region in the Black Zone and the smaller to the other. Over-zerging happens in zones adjacent to each-other.
    Your comment literally made no sense.
    I rly love expression "crying". :D Where is other region in black zone? If there are some small guilds in some region, trust me in 2-3 weeks there will no one :D This is about resources for GvG and skilled teams(more fights more experienced you are) with 1-3 teams you can conquer all black zones in few weeks. Black zones are not idea created only for those 3 teams supported with other 700 members zerging everyone around and bringing unlimited amount of resources. There should be always place/possibility for other players and even if they do not success they still should have some chance begin somewhere again, so this is about population / zones balance keep fun for everyone. Black zones is not content for only hardcore outnumbered guild, it is content for everyone, to keep everyone in competition and fun. If there is not place for came back, you will stop playing the game. :D
    So you continue to cry, you're clearly anti-guild WHICH the game is mainly about. You do realise this is a medieval game and in medieval times they fought in ARMIES, trade routes were GANKED. If you came to this game expecting to happily farm your resources in red and black zones without the RISK of being KILLED, please refund your Veteran Starter pack. Black zones have guild territories for a reason, not safe cities.
  • So you continue to cry, you're clearly anti-guild WHICH the game is mainly about. You do realise this is a medieval game and in medieval times they fought in ARMIES, trade routes were GANKED. If you came to this game expecting to happily farm your resources in red and black zones without the RISK of being KILLED, please refund your Veteran Starter pack. Black zones have guild territories for a reason, not safe cities.

Check update about hw/sw performace as well. In the end of the day, i respect your opinion, i have just different opinion. Both of us bring some opinion and it is up to Devs and other ppl in this community what they think and they will do. Cheers :D Do not forget, this is not 1k-2k population beta test, this is released game with 50k+ customers.

Secondly, you even do not understand what i am saying :( (anti-guild, problem with risk?, did i say something like that?)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Sardion ()

• Korn schrieb:

Matsume schrieb:

Bercilak schrieb:

In addition to the technical matters, we will also look into game balance to deal with the overcrowding of certain zones. In particular, we'll look into the respawn rates of resources and might give them a temporary boost while such a large number of players stands at the same progression levels, competing over the same resources.
    What about the whole galahad "we changed the map in such a way that we can easily add more clusters if player numbers exceeded expectations" thing?
    We can, but it's not needed. The zones in general are doing fine even with 400 players in them.
    The main issue with 400 players in a zone is not the latency or stability. The issue is the sheer lack of nodes or resources. A lot of players are getting stuck at certain tiers of gathering, You have addressed this as an issue yourselves and needs to be fixed as soon as is humanly possible since it is a player crafted and driven economy. It is not so much of an issue for larger guilds and alliances as they can blitz resources en masse but the issue for the general player is one of not being able to gather the resources at a reasonable rate.. I am not expecting to be tier 8 in gathering without A LOT of grind but at the same time I see many people stuck at low tiers unable to level or at such a slow rate that the game stops being fun.

-Vv-
  • Korn schrieb:

Kappatronic schrieb:

1100 in a zone starts lagging?we had 100vs100 fights and the lag was insane and the disconnects. lol
    There is a difference between players in a city and players fighting in the same screen, as the amount of data transmitted gets crazy.
    There is also a strong limit to how many players can fight in the same screen without lag, and, to our knowledge, there is no game that can surpass it - Eve Online being a special case to an extent as each player does very little in a fight in terms of movement, abilities used, etc, hence much less data is created per player compared to Albion. On top of that, they slow down "time" if fights get very large, which is something we might also look into in the future.

When it comes to game design, you will note that we always make sure that multiple PvP objectives are available at the same time, hence encouraging the player base to naturally split between them as it is more rewarding to do so. There are some exceptions to this, for example, if a territory is dropped, etc. Here, from a game design point of view, this is something we will do further work on.
    @Korn - there needs to be more 10v10 and more 20v20 full loot instance based options. IE. Could you walk up to a war camp in the world with 10 people and pay 1 mill silver to enter a team. You are qued until another team does this and 20 people are teleported to the fight using the war camp chest they qued at. Winning team gets 1.5 mill and 500k goes into silver sink. Please consider projects like this to bring back good guild pvp without lag.

Regarding open world... I'm not sure what is going to be done about this. We know all castle fights will be zerged by our enemy. That means we are going to bring150- 200 and prepare for a turn based auto attack lag fest. The game is best with small group pvp.. it has lost it since beta 1. We started to see larger and larger Zergs with alliance system. There is only one solution.... Add fishing to the game so less people show up to fight.
  • Bercilak schrieb:

Another option would be to split the main cities into multiple districts, or rework the Royal Continent to have more than 5 main cities. However, that is not something that we can do on short notice.
    @Bercilak

This is a better solution than the Caerleon one because even Caerleon is still suffering from lag issues. I do not think it has helped much there, we're still seeing capacity reached there. I'd rather wait for a rework than add in "underground" areas to all cities. Multiple districts with connected banks and connected auction houses would be the best option we could see.

Besides, people just sit around the bank/auction portals dueling etc.--- that's FUN to them and the phasing does not help the duelers enjoy that fun. We have a lot of folks in our guild that actually really enjoy the duels!! How feasible is it to turn on the PvP flag in guild islands? Allowing guildies to duel each other there rather than in cities?

<3 Dani
  • Cryon schrieb:

Korn schrieb:

Kappatronic schrieb:

1100 in a zone starts lagging?we had 100vs100 fights and the lag was insane and the disconnects. lol
    There is a difference between players in a city and players fighting in the same screen, as the amount of data transmitted gets crazy.There is also a strong limit to how many players can fight in the same screen without lag, and, to our knowledge, there is no game that can surpass it - Eve Online being a special case to an extent as each player does very little in a fight in terms of movement, abilities used, etc, hence much less data is created per player compared to Albion. On top of that, they slow down "time" if fights get very large, which is something we might also look into in the future.

When it comes to game design, you will note that we always make sure that multiple PvP objectives are available at the same time, hence encouraging the player base to naturally split between them as it is more rewarding to do so. There are some exceptions to this, for example, if a territory is dropped, etc. Here, from a game design point of view, this is something we will do further work on.
    @Korn - there needs to be more 10v10 and more 20v20 full loot instance based options. IE. Could you walk up to a war camp in the world with 10 people and pay 1 mill silver to enter a team. You are qued until another team does this and 20 people are teleported to the fight using the war camp chest they qued at. Winning team gets 1.5 mill and 500k goes into silver sink. Please consider projects like this to bring back good guild pvp without lag.
    Regarding open world... I'm not sure what is going to be done about this. We know all castle fights will be zerged by our enemy. That means we are going to bring150- 200 and prepare for a turn based auto attack lag fest. The game is best with small group pvp.. it has lost it since beta 1. We started to see larger and larger Zergs with alliance system. There is only one solution.... Add fishing to the game so less people show up to fight.
    I completely agree @Cryon I have raised this up in the development forums that we need more large-scale PvP that is lag free. My ideas were to turn city territories into "10v10" GvGs rather than 5v5, with towers and so on staying 5v5. I also thought that Caerleon should have been split up into districts, the lower districts being a 20v20 with the main castle of the city being either a 30v30 or 40v40. Also I do know the idea of arenas is in the works, and I hope that they add more conditional PvP rather than 1v1 or 5v5 but allow for larger teams too. I'd also very much would like to see 10v10 or even 20v20 expedition instances too. Instances do help a LOT in managing overpopulation --- but not being able to see even your group mates in a city is awful and very lonely!

<3 Dani
  • OfficerDoofy schrieb:

I think what he is saying is you Trash Cans in these super zergy clans are not only gaining less but fucking up your own enjoyment by rolling with squads of 100 people because you get dumpstered anytime you dont have 99 greens next to you. That there is enough content to split up and have enjoyable reasonably large scale fights lets say 20v20 that will be less laggy and more enjoyable for everyone involved. Not to mention more profitable. That the devs were aware of the technical issues with having 100's of people moving and casting spells on the same screen. So by design the encouraged you to not to do this. Most of you are just to fucking simple to enjoy a actually risking your t4 trash to engage in a skill based team fight that requires actual timing, communication and co-ordination as opposed to who had the most AOE's to spam over the first stun.

^
    |
    |
    |
    Give this guy a medal.
  • Hello @Korn
    Couldnt it be usefull to place teleporters near the chest and auctionhouse in Carleon?
    Also when entering Carleon, before entering the town, the option to choose where to go within Carleon.

Why? Because many people only use Carleon as transfer between own Island, Chest and Auctionhouse.

Dont know if that helps but it could be applied to every city to reduce player traffic.
  • Can we fix the need to log out and in again to switch characters... atm you need to log out entirely to swap and then you get put back into a que for 15m+ which means running multiple characters is a put off.

Also another suggestion... can you make personal islands connect to the zones that surround a main city e.g put the blue flag teleporter guys on the zones outside a city by the guards - This way it'll bypass the need to go into a city to get to your personal / guild island which might perhaps cut city lag/load? I am sure most guilds meet on their guild islands before they set out to wherever they are going which could potentially see a spike of 100+ people entering a city to just then leave (or try to) 1 minute later.

Also - if you own a personal island - why can't the solo expedition telporters be placed there? You buy an island / pay premium - you get a lag free dungeon grinds! You could also perhaps put one on guild islands for groups...?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von MountainHound ()