Plate healing?

• Plate healing?

How viable is plate healing late game, I'm currently running plate body and boots with cleric head, holy staff and book. I have looked everywhere for guides or comments on plate healing but to no use, all the builds I have found are all cloth, which bends me out of shape a little. Id like to know if people are getting the same feeling I am.

Okri.
  • Are we talking about PVE or PVP ?

I would assume in PVE you would go cloth, because Mobs don't care and will not focus you unless your tank looses aggro. There are PVE fights where every bid of heal is needed.

I PVP you might not do as much heal as others, but will stay a lot longer once focused if they even want to focus you seeing you run around in Plate. So in PVP I think mentality plays a higher role than pure healing power.
  • Cabraller18 wrote:

Sadly there is no way a plate healer will work unless you have a 2nd healer in the group. You simply cannot keep up with the dps in this game without having a cloth chest for the passive +healing bonus. You are better off just having defensive abilities on cloth armor + a defensive potion
    Damn i'm running a T4 holy staff + shield and plate. I wanted to be a pvp healer. Are you sure nobody do that ?
  • Pikwik wrote:

Cabraller18 wrote:

Sadly there is no way a plate healer will work unless you have a 2nd healer in the group. You simply cannot keep up with the dps in this game without having a cloth chest for the passive +healing bonus. You are better off just having defensive abilities on cloth armor + a defensive potion
    Damn i'm running a T4 holy staff + shield and plate. I wanted to be a pvp healer. Are you sure nobody do that ?
    Think about it, your heals are much weaker than someone wearing a cloth chest AND you have less energy at your disposal
  • Yes but cloth healer are focused and one shot so, is it efficient? I dont have high tier group pvp experience but, versus a big aoe dps group (+that nice lag), i wonder if any type of healer is usefull in pvp in this game. I mean if your group take 20 aoe at the same time, cloth or plate, you wont be able to heal that. If you run the same full dps group, maybe you will win the fight.
  • Pikwik wrote:

Yes but cloth healer are focused and one shot so, is it efficient? I dont have high tier group pvp experience but, versus a big aoe dps group (+that nice lag), i wonder if any type of healer is usefull in pvp in this game. I mean if your group take 20 aoe at the same time, cloth or plate, you wont be able to heal that. If you run the same full dps group, maybe you will win the fight.
    Look man, Healers get heavily focussed, yes. Thats why youre supposed to "peel" for the Healers. you need to lock that attacker down with CC and take some of his heat off of the healer, you just simply cant keep up heals with plate gear, its possible to do but unviable to be quite honest. youre better off just going for bigger heals than slight resistances.
  • If you´re not too hard focused on the Healing, you could try out Arcane support, It´s actually played with Plate, spamms Dmg shields and other support Spells to buff or prevent Dmg and probably the most important Part, it´s meta viable.

It´s alot more complex and situational than button smashing as Healer, Hard to master and learn when to use what and where, but you will be highly wanted once you know your Sh!t.
  • I think this is the sort of thing SBI is hoping people will try to do. If the other people here who have said it won't work are right, that's kind of a shame. Seems like exactly the kind of thing SBI is going for with this game. Personally, if I were you I would try it, because it's a neat idea and maybe you can make it work. Plate armor does have that "Emergency Heal," which would be kind of a neat addition to your healing abilities especially if combined with the shield charge on the knight's boots... Also, who knows what balance tweaks they may add in the future which could change things. I'd like to see a weapon with some heals on it like the old 2 hand mace used to have (I'm not sure if it still does or not). Paladin is a cool class to have in a game...*shrug*
  • Pikwik wrote:

Yes but cloth healer are focused and one shot so, is it efficient? I dont have high tier group pvp experience but, versus a big aoe dps group (+that nice lag), i wonder if any type of healer is usefull in pvp in this game. I mean if your group take 20 aoe at the same time, cloth or plate, you wont be able to heal that. If you run the same full dps group, maybe you will win the fight.
    If you are anywhere near a big AOE as a healer you're doing it wrong.
  • So from what u gather that when they brough out AO saying you can use plate and use magic or heal was a huge lie and false advertising, the total aspect of "you can play as you wish" falls short and that plate is almost only for tanking. I'm a bit anoyed at the whole thing that if you want to be a mage you have to use cloth same goes with a healer, the game that way is the same as very other shitty mmo. I was drawn to the game of the thought you could be a "paladin" healer using plate armor armor, staff and off hand or only staff....
  • Okri wrote:

So from what u gather that when they brough out AO saying you can use plate and use magic or heal was a huge lie and false advertising, the total aspect of "you can play as you wish" falls short and that plate is almost only for tanking. I'm a bit anoyed at the whole thing that if you want to be a mage you have to use cloth same goes with a healer, the game that way is the same as very other shitty mmo. I was drawn to the game of the thought you could be a "paladin" healer using plate armor armor, staff and off hand or only staff....
    It feels like a lot of games sayin you can do everything. You can, but could you ? If you like what you do, yes. But if you are doing something useless, how many time will you like to do it ? Unfortunately, if you want to be efficient you have to follow the meta. I really enjoyed the idea of my build, but for now i will surely switch for another weapon. Maybe arcanist, maybe tank... The good point is that there is nothing lost in this game. If, for any reasons i want to take back my holy staff, it is still there.
  • For me it boils down to how much can you help your Team ...

Option 1) You go cloth - full heal - but get focused
    Option 2) You go cloth - full heal - you don't get focused
    Option 3) You go plate - not as much heal - you don't get focused (because of plate)
    Option 4) You go plate - not as much heal - You get focused but hold out a lot longer

So if Option 1 is the case in the majority of cases will Option 3/4 maybe let you heal more/same in total ? Maybe...if yes it would make it viable enough for me to go that Route and be a heavy healer/off-meta

What about Leather or a mix ?

Ah wait...to be clear, its still possible to become meta, if Option 1 happens 90% of all encounters for example
  • Hello @Okri, the game really let's you play whatever you want, but if you wanna play efficiently is not viable because two things: Heal Power and Mana Sustain. Albion is very composition-based game, especially if you intend to be healer, so you don't need use plate because you need heal efficiently to find a better position (mainly if you are holy) when you team mates protect you.

I don't know whats your ambitions in this game, but if you want pvp as main healer to your party you should rethink this build. Peace yo!
    oPrimitivo - The Healer
  • False_PR0pheT wrote:

If you´re not too hard focused on the Healing, you could try out Arcane support, It´s actually played with Plate, spamms Dmg shields and other support Spells to buff or prevent Dmg and probably the most important Part, it´s meta viable.

It´s alot more complex and situational than button smashing as Healer, Hard to master and learn when to use what and where, but you will be highly wanted once you know your Sh!t.
    Arcane Plate is the MVP. The dmg output of team mate gets brutal, the utility is brutal (the energy regain has won us so many encounters, PvP and PvE) and the enemy has a problem - do I go for durable guy (then your healer is free) or not (then the rest of the team has dmg boost and all that) - no way out of that :D

As for OP - not really viable.
    Vertor et revertor.
  • Destabilizator wrote:

False_PR0pheT wrote:

If you´re not too hard focused on the Healing, you could try out Arcane support, It´s actually played with Plate, spamms Dmg shields and other support Spells to buff or prevent Dmg and probably the most important Part, it´s meta viable.

Arcane Plate is the MVP. The dmg output of team mate gets brutal, the utility is brutal (the energy regain has won us so many encounters, PvP and PvE) and the enemy has a problem - do I go for durable guy (then your healer is free) or not (then the rest of the team has dmg boost and all that) - no way out of that :D
    As for OP - not really viable.
    I had no idea about this class but it sounds definitely good to me. After checking some youtube video, i'll give it a try. Thanks a lot guys.