Healers are extremely overpowered

• I dont get why people think that a healer shouldnt be able to negate their dmg.

i mean if his healing is as functional as your dmg... then its pretty balanced.

2 people vs a healer... should be enough to kill the healer. 1v1? should be a draw unless the healers playing the long game and manages to just outlast you while trickling your health down. Not like you couldnt get away.
  • TheCatofTens wrote:

"WAH WAH WAAAAAAAAAAH HEALERS SUSTAIN ARE OP NERF THEM"

Stun/Silence. Enough said.
    Yes this quote above me...

Vlad87 wrote:

Yeah healers are pretty OP. If only there was gear and with abilities that interrupts skills and silences spell casting, or knockback and stuns to counter healers. None of that exists here, probably should nerf healers.
    I don't know if trolling or.... Read quote above.
    Support - Holy magic.

• Anyone who is willing to admit that the only way to counter a healer is through Developer intervention should not be passing out advice, period.

With that said, this is one of the most toxic feedback threads I have seen. Here is the current TLDR:

I can't kill a healer in 1v1

I can't kill a healer in 5v5

I can't kill a healer in 10v10+

Therefore, nerf healing potential.

Meanwhile, there is no mention about:

Using abilities with heal reduction

Using abilities with silence/stun/knockback

Using armor types to counter energy regen.

ETC.

So what this thread is basically saying is:

Healers are too powerful for the average joe whose build consists of outputting a bunch of numbers as quickly as possible.
  • Kest wrote:

Anyone who is willing to admit that the only way to counter a healer is through Developer intervention should not be passing out advice, period.

With that said, this is one of the most toxic feedback threads I have seen. Here is the current TLDR:

ETC.

Healers are too powerful for the average joe whose build consists of outputting a bunch of numbers as quickly as possible.
    You nailed it on the head, mate.

If you can't defeat a healer, 'no matter what,' then you haven't even began to think deeply about how your build works, nor have you bothered to research and look into the available CCs, debuffs, and countermeasures the game has to offer.

What you get out of the combat in this game is tandem to what you put into it. Half ass your build and techniques, get half-ass results.

Furthermore, some builds just can't cut it when doing certain tasks. This is the beauty of a balanced (mostly) system. It promotes adaptation and diversity, instead of some bullshit Ultra-Megatron-Build-Of-Doom
    T8 Alchemist
    T7 Cook
    T7 Herbalist

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheCatofTens ().

• Kest wrote:

Anyone who is willing to admit that the only way to counter a healer is through Developer intervention should not be passing out advice, period.

ETC.

I have to second this, well said sir!
  • Lifeburn wrote:

I dont get why people think that a healer shouldnt be able to negate their dmg.

i mean if his healing is as functional as your dmg... then its pretty balanced.

2 people vs a healer... should be enough to kill the healer. 1v1? should be a draw unless the healers playing the long game and manages to just outlast you while trickling your health down. Not like you couldnt get away.
    very well said. I tell people the same thing all the time. It's as if people have never heard the word attrition before.

google definition of attrition: "the action or process of gradually reducing the strength or effectiveness of someone or something through sustained attack or pressure."

God forbid that a healer is as capable of healing as a DPS class is at DPS...
  • I personally think healers should be OP so that people have a chance to enjoy playing them for once in a game that exists
    Go back to league and play soraka all day tell me how fun it is now that she got nerfed a million times
    Why do you not play healer? Why do MOST people play DPS? Well, as DPS you get to shred through millions of fame farming for one thing.

Buff healers, Buff tanks, Nerf DPS/Burst
    T9 Game Designer - T5 Programmer - T4 Artist - T4 Sound Engineer - T4 Publisher - T1 PR
  • ParadoxOmega wrote:

I personally think healers should be OP so that people have a chance to enjoy playing them for once in a game that exists
    Go back to league and play soraka all day tell me how fun it is now that she got nerfed a million times
    Why do you not play healer? Why do MOST people play DPS? Well, as DPS you get to shred through millions of fame farming for one thing.

Buff healers, Buff tanks, Nerf DPS/Burst
    If you do this to an extreme, you will see a heavy player decrease.

Nerf DPS and see what happens ;)
    Start Albion with my referal link : albiononline.com/?ref=FA2E4SKQKK
  • Only problem is nature staff in 1vs1 or even 2vs1. there is countless videos that even 1 tier lower nature user can just throw dots on targets which deal quite abit dmg.. and ridiculous 10sec duration.. stacks 3 times.. no cooldown on skill and 1sec cast time. thats really quick. you throw in 3 stacks quickly and its easy 600-800dmg or even more during that 10sec. then you just refresh duration before it ends and GG.. while you just throw HoT (heal over time) heals on urself that outheal most dps.

heck ive turtled 3vs1 with nature staff. won that fight. Stack poisons on enemies. then just turtle heal myself and refresh poisons. It doesnt matter if you cleanse those etc since poison on nature is 0cd. you can just refresh it again. HoT and run around abit. maybe even throw your own immunities etc and ur back full hp while enemies slowly die away. Doesnt even matter if you try to run away since DoT does have decent cast range and lasts 10sec. So if ur dipping under 1k hp.. ur practically dead already unless you have healer in party.

interrupts dont work so well since yeah like i said 0cd and 1sec cast time. you just interrupt it once and then nature is already casting it again. Silencing is only way to deal with nature staff but silence is "easily" countered too. Works way better against holy but nature got HoT heals so even if you silence for couple secs. Heals are ticking and so on..

Easy fix would be to reduce natures DoT duration abit and/or make it have some cooldown or more cast time. 2sec or so. Even with 0cd and 10sec duration if cast time is 2sec. You actually have better time to interrupt it and counter too. At the moment its pretty much spam Q W Q Q W Q Q W Q Q W and sometimes emergency E. Q W Q Q W...

Holy is fine as it is. Id say only problem is natures DoT. Other than that. Its all good. Problem is that nature got both insane dps and good heals. with no cooldowns and low cast time and really low energy usage.

so.. just increase cast time on natures DoT and problem solved. maybe even throw in 2-5sec cd.
  • JikiBoo wrote:

Holy is fine as it is. Id say only problem is natures DoT. Other than that. Its all good. Problem is that nature got both insane dps and good heals. with no cooldowns and low cast time and really low energy usage.

so.. just increase cast time on natures DoT and problem solved. maybe even throw in 2-5sec cd.
    LOL you consider nature staff insane dps?

I have played main nature staff since beta and it is not a DPS weapon sir. As a matter of fact if you die to a nature staff it's your own fault for not running away from it's insanely slow ticking damage. Nature staff has 1 thing going for it and this is Attrition.

Just because a healer counters your DPS burst build doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed.

Try thinking outside the box to beat your enemy.
  • Speaking as a current nature staff user and someone who loves to play healer/sustained dps hybrids in every MMO: being able to do a little bit of everything modestly well is kind of the point of playing a healer, and I try to push the envelope as far as possible in that regard. For efficiency minded folks there's something very appealing in being able to keep yourself alive while facetanking some hits, sustain other players to modest dmg, do respectable sustained damage, and generally be a well rounded role, grabbing all the low hanging fruit from the healing, dps, and tanking roles. Weaknesses? Nonexistant burst, weak against taking burst damage, typically no CC, difficult/impossible to full heal a dungeon, and in groups often passed over for folks who play a more "pure" role group leaders can pigeonhole in their group comp. In PvP typically 2 dps vs a dps/offhealer combo the 2 dps will typically win since with even just a dash of CC they can easily find a burst window to take out either player.

Anyway, my ramblings aside the point is in most cases you always give something up for what you get. Most of the time healers are so potent at just healing that you can outright ignore them, or if they're running more of a hybrid build like I do there's a clear weakness you can exploit such as bursting or CC.
  • I didnt even have to read the whole thread to know that OP is just salty and doesnt know what he's talking about. Healing in 1v1's is pretty busted but whatever its just dueling outside your city whatever. in 2v2 hellgates, its difficult to beat but not impossible by any means. Anything more than that and healers are fairly balanced in terms of them being able to be killed. And btw, numbers do not = win by the way. i have seen and experienced too many hellgates and open world pvp sessions to know that strategy=win but on the other hand 5v70 just wont do it. maybe 5v10 or 15 if skilled and well geared. not only have I seen this in game happen before but there are a plethora of youtube videos where guilds just wipe massive amounts of players while also being underhanded in players themselves.