(Linux) Any Success on the Solus distro?

• (Linux) Any Success on the Solus distro?

As the title says, has any one successfully gotten the linux client to run on the Solus OS distro? I know it's not officially supported, but I figured I'd ask! I get it all installed, and all is fine until I go to "Launch" it. It then Quickly opens and closes. Tried multiple settings from the launcher and such. Hopefully there is a way! Until then, I'll be stuck on windows playing.

Thank you,

Brandon (Danissl)
    • Nope and I've been trying for 3 days. I sure wish someone had some answers. :(

Does it do the same thing for you when it freezes at 1percent?

I've tried preloading the lib. Others solution of removing a bunch of files and running their script. So much.

I sure wish they'd help us figure this out. Solus is my favorite distro and I really want to play this game.

Do me a favor and if you hear anything or get it working, please let me know too.
    • ChaosGod schrieb:

Nope and I've been trying for 3 days. I sure wish someone had some answers.

Does it do the same thing for you when it freezes at 1percent?

I've tried preloading the lib. Others solution of removing a bunch of files and running their script. So much.

I sure wish they'd help us figure this out. Solus is my favorite distro and I really want to play this game.

Do me a favor and if you hear anything or get it working, please let me know too.
      I absolutely will. And no, I have gotten the game fully installed and updated (a few times), it's just when I launch the game from inside the launcher, it briefly flashes the window getting larger, and then goes away. I am hoping it's something simple (some essential that is automatically installed on Ubuntu/Debian based distro that ours lacks out of the box), such as Perl, which I had needed for previous games.
    • Over9KThespian schrieb:

Having exactly the same issue.
      Not sure what else to try. Only way to play it for now is on my Chromebook. Really hopeful that this is made to work on Solus OS. I wonder though if it's a game-side issue or an OS-issue. Tried contacting Ikey? He's usually really helpful with this stuff and looks into it on his/their side :)
      wouldn't even know how to contact him! I'm honestly surprised that even two other people here are using Solus! Most linux folk I know don't even know of it, and the few that do, didn't know it was as far along as it is.
    • GOT IT WORKING DAN! I'm sure you probably don't need all of this spelled out for you but I'm going to break it down Barney style for anyone who is new to Linux (Like me.) Just to make doubley sure I'm going to run down this list on a fresh install of Solus before posting this so I know it works.

You'll need to use the installer then install steam, qt5-webengine and sndio

1. Download the Linux Client from :
      albiononline.com/en/download

2. Launch the Albion installer and let's it finish the job. (If you're new to linux you can either find the file in your file browser and right click it, go to permissions and set it as executable or you can open a terminal, navigate to the file and chmod +x albion-online-setup then ./albion-online-setup . Make sure you let the installer finish patching/installing but don't click run when it's done. Just close it.

Open up a terminal and do:

3) sudo eopkg install sndio

4) sudo eopkg install steam

5) sudo eopkg install qt5-webengine

Then you'll need to create this script. I stuck mine in my ~/albiononline directory and named it ao.sh by doing:
      6) nano ao.sh

Copy this code into the file.

Quellcode

1. #!/bin/env sh
      2. #set -x
      3. SCRIPT=$(readlink -f "$0")
      4. SCRIPTPATH=$(dirname "$SCRIPT")
      5. ### Fixing
      6. # 1 - remove unwanted stuff (launcher/*)
      7. for file in $(ls -1 $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/ | awk '!/Albion-Online|launcher.log|version.txt/ {print}') ; do
      8. if [ -f $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/${file} ] ; then
      9. rm -v $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/${file}
      10. fi
      11. done
      12. # 2 - replace launch script
      13. if [ $(md5sum $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online | awk '{print $1}') != $(md5sum $SCRIPTPATH/fix.Albion-Online | awk '{print $1}') ]; then
      14. if [ $(md5sum $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online | awk '{print $1}') == "3a9ea686942c5835690803dd350a67d6" ] ; then
      15. # backup as original
      16. mv -fv $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online.original
      17. else
      18. # backup as previous if not original
      19. mv -fv $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online.previous
      20. fi
      21. # replace with self
      22. cp -fv $SCRIPTPATH/fix.Albion-Online $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online
      23. fi
      24. # 3 - reset display settings
      25. #sed -i -e '/Screenmanager/d' "$HOME/.config/unity3d/Sandbox Interactive GmbH/Albion Online Client/prefs"
      26. ### Cleaning
      27. # remove uneeded albion qtlocales
      28. for file in $(ls -1 $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/translations/qtwebengine_locales/ | grep -v "$(locale | grep -i lang | cut -c 6-7)") ; do
      29. rm -v $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/translations/qtwebengine_locales/${file}
      30. done
      31. ### let's get going
      32. # expand paths
      33. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib64:/usr/lib:$SCRIPTPATH/launcher"
      34. export QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/platforms/:usr/lib/qt5/plugins/platforms:$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/plugins/platforms"
      35. export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/:/usr/lib/qt5/plugins:$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/plugins/"
      36. # use the included SDL2 lib rather than the system one
      37. LD_PRELOAD=$SCRIPTPATH/game_x64/Albion-Online_Data/Plugins/x86_64/libSDL2-2.0.so.0 "$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/Albion-Online" &
      Alles anzeigen

8. Control x to save.

9. chmod +x ao.sh

10. ./ao.sh

It should run the script, set everything up and launch. After that you can just run the program regularly. If an update breaks it, rerun the script.

HUGE thanks to Lateo over here in this thread for the script that helped all of us Solus users:
      [Tuto][Linux] Have a working game !
    • GOT IT WORKING DAN! I'm sure you probably don't need all of this spelled out for you but I'm going to break it down Barney style for anyone who is new to Linux (Like me.) Just to make doubley sure I'm going to run down this list on a fresh install of Solus before posting this so I know it works.

ChaosGod schrieb:

You'll need to use the installer then install steam, qt5-webengine and sndio

1. Download the Linux Client from :
      albiononline.com/en/download

2. Launch the Albion installer and let's it finish the job. (If you're new to linux you can either find the file in your file browser and right click it, go to permissions and set it as executable or you can open a terminal, navigate to the file and chmod +x albion-online-setup then ./albion-online-setup . Make sure you let the installer finish patching/installing but don't click run when it's done. Just close it.

Open up a terminal and do:

3) sudo eopkg install sndio

4) sudo eopkg install steam

5) sudo eopkg install qt5-webengine

Then you'll need to create this script. I stuck mine in my ~/albiononline directory and named it ao.sh by doing:
      6) nano ao.sh

Copy this code into the file.

Quellcode

1. #!/bin/env sh
      2. #set -x
      3. SCRIPT=$(readlink -f "$0")
      4. SCRIPTPATH=$(dirname "$SCRIPT")
      5. ### Fixing
      6. # 1 - remove unwanted stuff (launcher/*)
      7. for file in $(ls -1 $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/ | awk '!/Albion-Online|launcher.log|version.txt/ {print}') ; do
      8. if [ -f $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/${file} ] ; then
      9. rm -v $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/${file}
      10. fi
      11. done
      12. # 2 - replace launch script
      13. if [ $(md5sum $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online | awk '{print $1}') != $(md5sum $SCRIPTPATH/fix.Albion-Online | awk '{print $1}') ]; then
      14. if [ $(md5sum $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online | awk '{print $1}') == "3a9ea686942c5835690803dd350a67d6" ] ; then
      15. # backup as original
      16. mv -fv $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online.original
      17. else
      18. # backup as previous if not original
      19. mv -fv $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online.previous
      20. fi
      21. # replace with self
      22. cp -fv $SCRIPTPATH/fix.Albion-Online $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online
      23. fi
      24. # 3 - reset display settings
      25. #sed -i -e '/Screenmanager/d' "$HOME/.config/unity3d/Sandbox Interactive GmbH/Albion Online Client/prefs"
      26. ### Cleaning
      27. # remove uneeded albion qtlocales
      28. for file in $(ls -1 $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/translations/qtwebengine_locales/ | grep -v "$(locale | grep -i lang | cut -c 6-7)") ; do
      29. rm -v $SCRIPTPATH/launcher/translations/qtwebengine_locales/${file}
      30. done
      31. ### let's get going
      32. # expand paths
      33. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib64:/usr/lib:$SCRIPTPATH/launcher"
      34. export QT_QPA_PLATFORM_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/platforms/:usr/lib/qt5/plugins/platforms:$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/plugins/platforms"
      35. export QT_PLUGIN_PATH="/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/:/usr/lib/qt5/plugins:$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/plugins/"
      36. # use the included SDL2 lib rather than the system one
      37. LD_PRELOAD=$SCRIPTPATH/game_x64/Albion-Online_Data/Plugins/x86_64/libSDL2-2.0.so.0 "$SCRIPTPATH/launcher/Albion-Online" &
      Alles anzeigen
      8. Control x to save.

9. chmod +x ao.sh

10. ./ao.sh

It should run the script, set everything up and launch. After that you can just run the program regularly. If an update breaks it, rerun the script.

HUGE thanks to Lateo over here in this thread for the script that helped all of us Solus users:
      [Tuto][Linux] Have a working game !
      Oh baby!! I JUST saw this (While playing Fort Night with friends and I quit right away!). I WISH I saw the reddit post earlier! It works, I just confirmed it. HYPE! Now I can stop booting windows just to play this game! Hahahah! Thank you so much for posting this. I quoted it so that it's saved to more than one place!
    • I'm glad the script was helpful to you guys.

Beware though, the script was made to be named "fix.Albion-Online". If you want to go the easy way, just name it the same as i do.
      If you choose another name for the script, you may want to change the following lines so that names will match :

ChaosGod schrieb:

if [ $(md5sum $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online | awk '{print $1}') != $(md5sum $SCRIPTPATH/fix.Albion-Online | awk '{print $1}') ]; then

and :

cp -fv $SCRIPTPATH/fix.Albion-Online $SCRIPTPATH/Albion-Online

Over9KThespian schrieb:

It seems the issue was down to Albion not being able to find the system's Qt framework, thus reinstalling Qt5 and exporting paths fixed it
      Well on fedora the biggest issue was SDL2 lib. The one that's included in the game is a lot more feature rich than the system one, but for some reason you have to force its use.
      With some distros the SDL2 lib from Steam helps, but not with fedora.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von lateo ()

• Hi, i followed your tutorial today, with a fresh solus installation.. nothing else installed!!!
      Thank you for your work!

But i get an error:

Quellcode

1. error while loading shared libraries: libsndio.so.6.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

some google-time later, i've found out, that sndio updatet to version 7 ((Arch)Link).

But i dont know how to get version 6.1 back...
      so.. booting back to Windows...

Would be nice, if anyone had a solution..
      Would like to play on Linux in Future!