Closed

• ...not only was I new to the game but I did not realize I had the setting that shows enemy animations for skill shots turned off. I was not getting any warning that was allowing me to easily dodge. I had turned these off because my video card was crashing the game and I was lowering all settings and did not realize the importance of this one lol.
    Stab it and slab it.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Xanadeus2 ().

• I felt this way with those expeditions at first, you need to improve your playstyle - never get caught in any special attacks, find skills on armour that works for you (i use roll on assassins boots and ice block on cleric cowl, both are good when you cant run, get caught mid cast etc.) to avoid them. Keep moving.

If you think that's hard wait till you pvp.
  • Xanadeus2 wrote:

I am a T4 cloth fire mage doing a T3 expedition.

Two days in a row now I have spent the full hour trying to do a T3 Expedition with T4 gear only to fail.

I am a new player myself. I just did the T3 expedition for the first time yesterday as a cloth fire mage. I thought it was extremely easy and boring, which I completed it in ~ minutes. I am in all T3 gear. Today I decided to try it again and see if maybe I was just lucky. I recorded it so you could watch. I am by no means a "great" player, but maybe you can find something you are doing wrong by watching it. Remember to split mobs, pull mobs, and use spells in a proper order to defeat the mobs. And also very critical, to move out of enemy spell abilities (which, I kind of suck at). Anyways here is the video. Maybe you will see something you're not doing properly. I don't see it being that hard. Hopefully this helps.

• So I'm just going to throw my two cents out there. I can relate in a sense, I just did a Tier 4 last night (solo) as a T4 Warbow and actually was unable to do the boss (skeleton frost mage). However, people's points above are pretty valid. You do have to get better at the mechanics and dodging skills. You can't tank them if you want to complete it successfully. Honestly they're all pretty dodgeable from my few runs so far (especially the T3...). That being said, this game is advertising "hardcore." So to give you free experience/fame (in the sense you don't have to go out and risk anything except repair costs?) it should be time consuming or somewhat challenging. That's my opinion, so I don't mind it.

An alternative is join the group respective one. I find that should give you a better experience considering cooperative teammates which is what I've had thus far. You can sit in your role and you have some new found "buddies" to help you out and through.

There's certainly a bunch of T3 camps out in the world (that's swamped by people) if you're looking for something more casual.
  • Darrius wrote:

jesus how i missing the mob execute and loosing all piece of gear.

Right now PvE is pretty much booring .I dont get it how ppl can say its a harcore or challenging.

And I can't comprehend how you opened this thread and posted something this low quality. Like, you hardly spelled half your words right. It's hard to take counter arguments seriously when you can't even put 2 seconds of effort into it.

Did you ever think not everyone is as legendary as you? No. Clearly you didn't.
  • If you seriously can't do a T3 expedition in T4 gear (which is enough to do finish T6 expeditions) i clearly should just give up and play solitaire or something.

You claim you don't get hit by special attacks, im pretty sure you do all the time. As you can easily beat that expedition in basically any shit build wearing T3. T4 should just rush through everything and yolo pull extras.
    Ding dong the witch is dead!

Officer of Nilfgaard (Haamu's party)
  • Speakmore wrote:

Darrius wrote:

jesus how i missing the mob execute and loosing all piece of gear.

Right now PvE is pretty much booring .I dont get it how ppl can say its a harcore or challenging.
    And I can't comprehend how you opened this thread and posted something this low quality. Like, you hardly spelled half your words right. It's hard to take counter arguments seriously when you can't even put 2 seconds of effort into it.

Did you ever think not everyone is as legendary as you? No. Clearly you didn't
    Yeah sry for my spelling, im not born in English speaking country.I wasnt even study english but i get it,its hard for you think that threre are on planet ppl speaking different language.
    ??Legendary dont have any benefits in PvE so i dont know what you talking about.Head start maybe? yeah i dont have any personal gain from that because i spend all time and silvers for my Guild.
    Im just old Ultima online player where was PvE more dangerous then is here.Right now PvE in albion is on lvl like WoW ,maybe even easier.
  • Hey man!

I have to say that I mainly agree with what most people above have said -- it should be quite possible to solo that dungeon with the class you have chosen.

What I can say is, in general for these bosses, you need to attack whenever you can, and dodge the attacks. As soon as you see an AOE, get out 'da way, and keep attacking.

Another thing to consider is switching your gear for the bosses -- for example, I often run a dagger, but for some bosses a quarterstaff is a bit better (if there's enemies I won't be able to pull from the boss, having a bit more control can be nice). You also might switch from the 'restore' ability on your equipment to your 'armour' spell, to give you a bit of extra tankiness in the fight [for certain bursts].

You can also switch your boots from 'kg+' to 'damage/healling+'.

Those are super small things -- the armour one is important if you can almost not kill the boss. For example, in the hellgates w/ t3 gear, I needed to switch to that to be able to kill the fire demon thingee (and restore won't help you in a 1v1).

For fire mage, you have several spells that deal damage over time, and an auto attack. You want to have your DoT on the boss whenever possible, and find convenient times to channel your other spells when you believe you won't be aimed at with special attacks.

For the little whip guy -- don't worry about pulling range until he starts up his swirling circle (which SUCKS to get caught in). You can use a dash to get away quickly, or just run out -- and then start attacking, then dodge his following smash skill and channel a damage spell. In general against bosses, they're gonna attack you back and you won't be able to just kite them. I would always recommend pulling all enemies away from the boss early & finishing them off if you can, and then running back in (after healing). You should go after healers / support staff first, then the big HP bars.

One other thing -- that dungeon is hard AF if your internet is lagging. SUPER difficult. My main suggestion in this case is to watch the timings / conditions for skills, and start dodging them before the AOE shows up (because after that is too late if you lag).

Hope something in here was helpful for you! Feel free to ask any questions if you're still having a hard time / want some help.

~Sol
  • Xanadeus2 wrote:

Langor. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and even make a video. That was kind of you. It took you 14 minutes to clear everything but the boss which is about what it was taking me after I tried a few times. The issue for me was fighting the boss even after I cleared everything else. I'll give it another shot.
    I am by no means an "expert" but I've been playing since beta and I'm able to easily clear the T4 expeditions in T3 gear (it sounds like you're struggling to clear T3 expeditions in T4 gear).

My #1 piece of advice... Never, never (NEVER) allow yourself to get hit by skill shots. I don't care how bad your mechanics are, if you can master this ONE thing... you can clear those expeditions no problem. When you see ANYTHING start to warm up a skill shot, act as though it's a Kill Shot. That's the only mechanic you truly need to master to easily clear expeditions (and PvE content in general).

As for specific advice on the T3 boss... he typically starts winding up his "death spin" shortly after using his whip to pull you in. After he pulls you, try to bait the "death spin" with a quick auto attack and then run out of range, from there, go HARD until he uses his whip again and repeat. All you have to do is avoid the "death spin" to beat him. Forget about maximizing your damage... focus on MINIMIZING HIS DAMAGE.

Hope that helps. And always remember... if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.