Gold Seller Cleanup - Launch Week Edition

• Hmmmm while it is awesome you are doing it, I still hate the gold system. It's like you are blocking cheap gold buying but the issue is that you can still buy gold from your shop at higher price . I would much rather prefer if the golds were used for vanity items and subscription only over converting for silver.
    They won't survive~Talon
  • grisix wrote:

Agressive enforcement toward fraudsters and botters sends good signs to your legit customer base..

You should also publish the character names that get banned so that those players interacting with fraudsters and botters without knowing it can be warned...
    I think their accounts should be removed completely.

If you look in the top rankings for example, you will see players with -1.1m GOLD! Do you know how much that effects a game base? Getting a lead in the game by buying insane amounts of premium money completely destroys the fair play economy majorly. Just sick of all the top players always being the ones who have committed this offence.
    I don't see how hard it is to play properly, legally and honestly.
    // GodZeus
  • GodZeus wrote:

grisix wrote:

Agressive enforcement toward fraudsters and botters sends good signs to your legit customer base..

You should also publish the character names that get banned so that those players interacting with fraudsters and botters without knowing it can be warned...
    I think their accounts should be removed completely.
    If you look in the top rankings for example, you will see players with -1.1m GOLD! Do you know how much that effects a game base? Getting a lead in the game by buying insane amounts of premium money completely destroys the fair play economy majorly. Just sick of all the top players always being the ones who have committed this offence.
    1.1 milion is not much at this point if u either craft, gather or do anything
  • Miamaa wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

grisix wrote:

I think their accounts should be removed completely.If you look in the top rankings for example, you will see players with -1.1m GOLD! Do you know how much that effects a game base? Getting a lead in the game by buying insane amounts of premium money completely destroys the fair play economy majorly. Just sick of all the top players always being the ones who have committed this offence.
    If you said 1.1m silver, I would agree with you. I'm talking about gold.
    // GodZeus
  • GodZeus wrote:

Miamaa wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

grisix wrote:

I think their accounts should be removed completely.If you look in the top rankings for example, you will see players with -1.1m GOLD! Do you know how much that effects a game base? Getting a lead in the game by buying insane amounts of premium money completely destroys the fair play economy majorly. Just sick of all the top players always being the ones who have committed this offence.I don't see how hard it is to play properly, legally and honestly.
    lol 1.1 m gold is just a little WAAAAAAAY too much
  • Miamaa wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

Miamaa wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

grisix wrote:

I think their accounts should be removed completely.If you look in the top rankings for example, you will see players with -1.1m GOLD! Do you know how much that effects a game base? Getting a lead in the game by buying insane amounts of premium money completely destroys the fair play economy majorly. Just sick of all the top players always being the ones who have committed this offence.I don't see how hard it is to play properly, legally and honestly.
    So to put it in your silver context with the exchange being 50s to 1g, that would be 55m silver.
    Now you understand why this is such a big problem hahaha
    // GodZeus
  • GodZeus wrote:

Miamaa wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

Miamaa wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

grisix wrote:

So to put it in your silver context with the exchange being 50s to 1g, that would be 55m silver.Now you understand why this is such a big problem hahaha
    the exchange rate is at 90s now
    They won't survive~Talon
  • Dhrubo wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

Miamaa wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

Miamaa wrote:

GodZeus wrote:

grisix wrote:

So to put it in your silver context with the exchange being 50s to 1g, that would be 55m silver.Now you understand why this is such a big problem hahaha
    the exchange rate is at 90s now
    See, i sold my gold on the first day haha. Considering its at 90s now, that is 99m silver.. even bigger of a problem.
    // GodZeus
  • Windoen wrote:

Ktmil wrote:

And are you going to refund people who have been hacked their credit card ?
    And why you don't put more security on payement with phone number and bank verfiication etc like every websiT
    The developers might not have a perfect idea of how to communicate to their fans, but they aren't stupid enough not to do something about the stolen credit information.
    Developers spend a lot of time on their games, depending on how good the game is, but it won't reach outstanding success without proper web management and communication skills. If they could keep an early access game alive for 2 years, they definitely got this under control

I just buy Gold with my credit card without bank verification (3D Secure), they just need to put 3D Secure on the payement system, but they still not did it since 2 years !
    So yes my question is : Are they gonna refund credit card of stolen credit card or not ? :)
  • Well done you banned my mate for selling or buying gold and all he done was work his balls off to get what he had, what retarded system are you using? grinded shit load of silver and got gold from there, he also got all of us to play this game so made you a shit ton of money. look into who your banning as your "system" as a load of wank
  • Bought the game a year and a half ago. Went hard the first few days on launch and was running low on funds.
    I got sucked in by a gold farmer and bought $4 worth of gold.
    I was unaware this was an offense on terms for banning.
    tried to log on yesterday and was banned.

after reading the article and everything posted about the farmers it makes complete sense as to why you are banning accounts for this so I've accepted what happened, and it honestly makes me even more excited about this game that you are taking a stand on exploits and keeping your economy stable.

Had to re buy the game and am no longer a founder.
    Learn from me, don't get banned over $4. lmao.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TrypZMartians ().

• Let's get something straight here, the company is doing this for their own benefit, not yours. You got banned by mistake, so what, just buy another account. The goldfarmers made some money, ban them they will buy another account. You want to spend money, it's gotta go to the people making the game. Half of this is reasonable, half is not. The banning people that aren't involved is not. The banning the buyer is not. Do not praise this.

Something else nobody seems to get is earning money in a game is a lot more interesting when it has some real value attached, but if that value is a ban then it's not as interesting, is it. So you earned a billion gold, congratulations it means nothing because if you try to make it mean something, you will be banned, because the game makers aren't happy with your $50 entry fee, they want MORE MONAY!!! All this cheerleading for what essentially amounts to greed is really annoying to look at, you people are blind, do something about the victims of this nonsense before people start finding out.

Everyone calling the buyers cheaters has brain damage, even the official shop sells gold, but I won't be buying any knowing that it has literally $0 value enforced by ban, that's dumb.. the problem is people spamming that they are trying to sell gold in a game, spam is the problem, not the game items/currencies having actual value. You are misinterpreting the problem, everyone is retarded, life is meaningless.

Edit: I got ninja'd by someone saying they bought another account as a result of the ban over complete nonsense. Welcome to avarice. As a game designer this thread makes me sick.
    T9 Game Designer - T5 Programmer - T4 Artist - T4 Sound Engineer - T4 Publisher - T1 PR

The post was edited 3 times, last by ParadoxOmega ().

• Thats really great and all but.. A guildie of mine was unjustly banned by 'involvement with 3rd party currency transactions' When all he did was sell a T4.3 Frost Staff on Market for 980k silver.(he didnt know what it would sell for so why not start high?).. So what.. We can't sell stuff for suspiciously high prices without getting permabanned?? What a joke