[Bank of Albion] Investments & Third-Party Services & Economic Blog

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• the most reasonable conclusion is that her/his account has been hijacked. @Korn

because the alternative is that power / money (even in-game currency :D :rolleyes: ) does always corrupt people and I do not want to believe that is the case :D - I still want to believe in humanity ^^ :saint: :whistling: <3

I lost only 90 69 million silver. I was lucky and raised 110mill and bought a Ghost Wolf just recently. So I still have my pension fund to sell the 2 Ghostwolves and keep playing few more years.

Good Luck all!

edit: and because it seems likely that her account is hijacked, yes. remove her from RT as soon as possible.
      IGN : Ravenar
      Join Albion

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ravenar: checked the last balance ().

• wolfo70 wrote:

F20 wrote:

Frederikkson wrote:

Yesterday i have written to Saya in game, today she/he removed me from the friends list <X
      Maybe she has been banned? She has been removed from my friends list too.Ive withdrawn 500m+ from Saya in the past, would be very interested to know what has triggered this, but at this point i think enough damage is done to her reputation to see this end.

Very glad to not be invested with her anymore :)
      She got removed from my friend list to
      Same
      I ain't leaving withour your soul and I am sober this time.
    • Jesus said, "For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?"

Disappointing to say the least that she turned out to be some completely other person the whole time. I was also removed from ingame friend contact, though being (fortunately) on the much smaller side of investor only 24mil.

That converts into about $60 real world dollars. Not much, a few hours of work. Having reflected on my own shortcomings and skewed priorities lately, I will be making a charitable gift of (starting with) twice that value to a ministry that digs water wells in third world countries.

Since she doesn't leave town, you can't gank her, you can't loot her. You always hear "this is a full loot pvp game" and people cried that folks were reaping rewards from HCE without leaving town. I just can't take SBI seriously anymore if they wont at least remove her from Round Table, which is really just a slap on the wrist, but at least its more than nothing, and nerfs her ability to speculate on the foreknowledge of big changes. And make the Round Table readable for everyone, that way you remove the perception of being a secret cult of 1%ers who make fat profits from the equivalent of insider trading.

So you have at least 10+ billion assets ingame, what then? 20 billion? what then? Nobody to play the game with except in transactional use em and lose em terms. That's why it must be an alt at the end of the day because it doesn't make any sense.

For someone with so much talent, so much financial and social intelligence to get so many people to invest, you could do so much more than scam people in an online war game. Its still possible to recover from this, your ruined reputation, but nobody is holding their breath because you've ghosted everyone and removed us all from ingame friends list.
    • Ravenar wrote:

the most reasonable conclusion is that her/his account has been hijacked.
      This would not explain why she does not contact you all on Discord.

Does anyone remember that game that had a Kickstarter event, and the devs just stopped production of the game and ran off with everyone's money (irl)?

That's what this remind me of lol.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

100/60/70/50 Holy Specs
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

the most reasonable conclusion is that her/his account has been hijacked.
      This would not explain why she does not contact you all on Discord.
      Does anyone remember that game that had a Kickstarter event, and the devs just stopped production of the game and ran off with everyone's money (irl)?

That's what this remind me of lol.
      yea, that bothers me as well...

I am done. Maybe this will be one of those mysteries we will be talking about years to come :D

In the end, I still hope all is well with her. I liked our little chats during paydays :)

edit: ... and her feedback on game economy was always rather transparent. She is not one of the people who took advantage of inside information, she was very active in trying to fix broken game mechanics both inside RT and outside. Maybe she just got tired fighting a losing battle against the other cartels. Oh well. Take care ^^

edit2: the game needed silversinks. We got a sinkhole! :D (I feel for all the investors, though, of course)
      IGN : Ravenar
      Join Albion

The post was edited 3 times, last by Ravenar ().

• DildoSwaggings wrote:

F20 wrote:

Seems reasonable to believe Saya is an alt, hard to say if her intentions were to run with the money all along but if it was it would be smart to run a separate main.
      If you quoting him due to the Keep an eye on his account, its still really easy to do even if it's an alternate account.

For a normal player?
      Devs already know who holds large amounts of silver/gold and im sure they keep track of them all incase RMT, but scamming is fair play in albion, i doubt they will even remove her from the round table.

Ravenar wrote:

yea, that bothers me as well...
      I am done. Maybe this will be one of those mysteries we will be talking about years to come :D

In the end, I still hope all is well with her. I liked our little chats during paydays :)

edit: ... and her feedback on game economy was always rather transparent. She is not one of the people who took advantage of inside information, she was very active in trying to fix broken game mechanics both inside RT and outside. Maybe she just got tired fighting a losing battle against the other cartels. Oh well. Take care ^^

edit2: the game needed silversinks. We got a sinkhole! :D (I feel for all the investors, though, of course)

Certainly a mystery at this point, with f2p here maybe that has something to do with it, her market feedback will certainly be missed.
      It wouldnt surprise me if it was as much as 5b+ either, all the wolf pups, collectable items people may have trusted to her besides her investment fund.
    • New

She no longer appears on my friend list either. I'd be interested to hear if 'anyone' still has her on theirs?

I'm 99% sure Saya was a genuine person, and not a sock puppet for a scam. Her interactions here on the forum have always been aimed at helping the community. Not a single post ever made me think otherwise (yes Im aware of one that accused her of stealing his silver, a while ago - pretty sure she was the victim though).

Things happen in real life. Personal issues can leave you without the things you used to have. I'm guessing it's not her that is checking the account here. I'm guessing it's not her that is logging into the game.

We may well never know, we may well never see our silver again, but I for one hope she is OK.
    • New

SHARKY wrote:

She no longer appears on my friend list either. I'd be interested to hear if 'anyone' still has her on theirs?

I'm 99% sure Saya was a genuine person, and not a sock puppet for a scam. Her interactions here on the forum have always been aimed at helping the community. Not a single post ever made me think otherwise (yes Im aware of one that accused her of stealing his silver, a while ago - pretty sure she was the victim though).

Things happen in real life. Personal issues can leave you without the things you used to have. I'm guessing it's not her that is checking the account here. I'm guessing it's not her that is logging into the game.

We may well never know, we may well never see our silver again, but I for one hope she is OK.
      Account sharing is punishable by ban I think, or I’m wrong?
    • New

F20 wrote:

Frederikkson wrote:

Yesterday i have written to Saya in game, today she/he removed me from the friends list <X
      Maybe she has been banned? She has been removed from my friends list too.
      Ive withdrawn 500m+ from Saya in the past, would be very interested to know what has triggered this, but at this point i think enough damage is done to her reputation to see this end.

Very glad to not be invested with her anymore :)
      My 2 cent, she was riding long ways as she was reaching lymhurst naked with a mammoth on the 9th evening. This is where i showed my girl that this is the person who has this investment thing since launch and it looked it like real life things ^,^.

Maybe she or he was planning something huge and it backfired who knows but we will all about to find out sooner or later ;3
      Stacking: goo.gl/xPMhXU
      Profit after selling stacking: goo.gl/5nBohp
      My labourer houses : goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • New

she's been the economic guru for a long time, or representative of the more market-oriented players

having scammed many players for 5+bil collectively, she's probably moved on to only very high-yield transactions like GvG finances and town plots

and SBI will probably say something like, this is our market guru, she is an exemplar of the player economy, that's what they'll be saying through the disgrace of a decision I assume to let her keep Round Table

after all, its not a full loot sandbox PvP game if you don't defend Bernie Madoff who never leaves town. but SBI really really likes silver sinkholes, and Saya really likes to see high end GvG gear trash in open world activities she never once participates in

she always had the appearance of legitimacy and the implicit support of SBI, that she was on Round Table acted as a sort of social proof or rubberstamp of legitimacy by the game makers. that it was an obvious ponzi scheme in hindsight, that's not what anyone was talking about for over a year

you don't have to defend rationalize and make excuses player behavior that is transgressive and obviously crooked. it looks bad for your integrity. its pathetic is what it is

I mean seriously, I get that she's gonna need a new business model, and Round Table will be there to grease the skids. but why cater to a scammer who doesn't participate in the full loot open world economy. I guess you need someone on the RT to say "the town plots mechanics must not be changed up no matter what"

The post was edited 2 times, last by BalorXI ().

• New

I'm hoping @Saya will provide more information as to what the total silver pot was when the plug was pulled. Give us a grand story of deception and how you ran the long con!

One of my favourite parts of EVE Online were the tales of theft and deception.

I could never bring myself to empty someone else's coffers but the stories were, in most cases, a good read.
    • New

Erehwon wrote:

I'm hoping @Saya will provide more information as to what the total silver pot was when the plug was pulled. Give us a grand story of deception and how you ran the long con!

One of my favourite parts of EVE Online were the tales of theft and deception.

I could never bring myself to empty someone else's coffers but the stories were, in most cases, a good read.
      I would enjoy the good story, would make history, it isnt like the person did stream and know who the person is in real life, should be safe to do the story XD
      Stacking: goo.gl/xPMhXU
      Profit after selling stacking: goo.gl/5nBohp
      My labourer houses : goo.gl/GK4CMs
    • New

Any word @Evas_Flarelight if Scamya will at least be removed from Round Table?

or just gonna stay silent on this issue, let it fade out of the news cycle, let her keep the Round Table, no investigation for RMT. I feel like we already know the answer to this.

Saya
      Master of Coin
      Member since Aug 5th 2016

Last Activity
      57 minutes ago, Reading thread [Bank of Albion] Investments & Third-Party Services & Economic Blog