Reputation lock for dreaded should be red zone or higher

• Neur0 wrote:

@drlunze - black zones are controlled by top level guilds (e.g. BlackOuts) that have their bases located in black zones, have have 100+ members and have a 20+ people warband controlling the territory.
    Going to black zones for ganking is a certain way to meet a zerg.
    Bottom line - the only way to survive in black zone - is to join a guild that lives in one. That means becoming a part of said zerg.
    We have, perhaps an over-romanticized idea of leading an outlaw life with a small group of people, we certainly don't want to run 20+ zerg.

@itaan_Hunt thank you, I started to forget how fascinating it is to see aggressive betas with deep self-confidence problems just vomiting vitriol, while unable to even spell "forced" properly, but you're a bright reminder.

As for your proposition - we are trying to move the community to a more self-controlled state - red zones will become more risky, but guilds with better cooperation will emerge.

Currently there is too much interference from above. We don't have problem being killed. We have a problem with having a "sandbox game" enforcing extreme penalties for an in-game choice, effectively disabling the choice itself.

You offering some kind of a "Russia in the 90's" scenario with money extortion from gatherers.
    oh well.sry english is not my mother lang. And your reaction-escalation just proves my point. All you want to do is fuck up protectless gatherers and not be forCed into BZ grip.
    And your grammar nazism is so funny too. You of all should know too judge ppl like that...

The post was edited 1 time, last by itaan_Hunt ().

• Peace, sorry for insults on my behalf.
    And I totally agree with you on that.
    Only thing we have now is checking gear and it just a dangerous waste of time in the PVP envo.
    Majority of PKs don't want to cancel the rep system, I think everyone understand that this will lead to economical collapse and insane amount of rage. It will be fun for a day or two and then the red zones will be just zerg x zerg.
    All we ask is a bit of recalculation, because right now PK is virtually a quick and ludicrously long trip into black zones.
    And while survival there is possible as @Trygve mentioned, it just seems extremely limiting.

Also some kind of tag system would be great and will immensely help to avoid needless casualties, PM marks a bystander in T3 with "X" and entire party knows to ignore this target.

But this is for another time and thread.
    Proud leader of Suicide_Masters.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neur0 ().

• I read all your fact and the main issue are there :

Most player are low lvl, mean that most of them are actually blue/yellow zone and now starting red zone. So if you want some kills you need to go red cause black are kinda empty.

Next point is difference between red and black. In black zone it's most guild zone, if you're a little group you will get killed again and again, so you think that going to red zone is the only way to play your way.

The issue is not how red zone work but how black zone work.

This game is sandbox like, but not really, black zone are for big group (and you know what ? ), it's a MMO.

I play kinda alone too and i know for really playing the game the way dev make it, you should be part of big guild or alliance. You can't play alone by yourself. So ganking as 2-5 persons will never be ok. Game is not though like this.

The thing we need is that black zone may be split in 2 categories, one for little group and one for guild wars. On one, gathered and ganker will play as low group with the risk of losing anything in more fair battle and on the other, people will protect zone for their guild and need a full guilde to make them go away.

You're looking for red zone for this, but the end game is not in red zone, and all gathered will need to go to black zone one day (for the T8). When it will occur, they will have so much people that it would be harder for some guild to keep territories free from other people.
    You're too early to really enjoy pvp for the moment.

Wait and see.
  • Tenzin wrote:

Gwandir wrote:

So basically the Op wants to gank lonely players with his gang of 3 and if they then are forced to areas where they risk getting ganged up on by larger numbers. Then it is unfair. LOL
    lol +1
    /close lol

Actually it would be nice to discourage zerging even more in the red/yellow zones.
    Simply make the reputation loss for assists 2-3 times higher than the kill loss.
    If this is implemented you can even reduce the kill rep loss a bit.
  • ^ LOL to a ganker trolling skin hunters with half-life with 4 of his very-best-friends-for-life...getting his feelings hurt.

Go black or go home. If you're not scared of crafters, stop ganging up on them with friends. If you're not scared of pvp, go black. What's the problem?
    Hoos dum?

If you want small scale, fair PVP...Hellgate. I hear the drops are good.

Anyways, live in the meta that exists.
  • VIrepCY wrote:

You need to give the game some time to let the player base mature a bit and start populating the black zones more.
    No no no, you don't get it. These whiners don't want to go to black zones because it's too "scarwy".

They remind me of that kid in school that bullied the nerds and misfits, but avoided the jocks like the plague. Same behavior if you ask me.
  • postlarval wrote:

VIrepCY wrote:

You need to give the game some time to let the player base mature a bit and start populating the black zones more.
    No no no, you don't get it. These whiners don't want to go to black zones because it's too "scarwy".
    They remind me of that kid in school that bullied the nerds and misfits, but avoided the jocks like the plague. Same behavior if you ask me.
    Come 1v1 me in Dun Estan any day pls
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/3DyVAgJ.png[/img]
  • Harambae wrote:

TheCheapStuff wrote:

Mirean wrote:

If you don't like reputation loss, go to black and PvP. Red zone is supposed to be targeted PvP, as per the Dev post. If you see someone running around with a nice glowing weapon, it may be worth the rep loss for that one kill. If you kill every carebear you see, then you eventually get punished for trying to abuse the zone.
    The punishment needs to be a bunch of +rep players coming back and pushing your shit in, NOT the game forcibly removing you from play.
    SHIT

Make a bounty board so you can put hits out on people, or a bounty system so you are more and more valuable of a target the lower your rep is.

I'm just astounded that the game is fairly hardcore in many ways but managed to drop the ball so hard on pvp.
    A bounty system would work a million times better than the current. Do you know how awesome it would be to kill off the lowest rep players for cash?
    Imagine catching a player like me or veton, who every beta have had insane -reps...millions of silver, boom.
    In EVE online the bounty system was gutted cause people with bounties realized they could have their friends claim it and split the reward.
  • Harambae wrote:

postlarval wrote:

VIrepCY wrote:

No no no, you don't get it. These whiners don't want to go to black zones because it's too "scarwy".They remind me of that kid in school that bullied the nerds and misfits, but avoided the jocks like the plague. Same behavior if you ask me.
    Come 1v1 me in Dun Estan any day pls
    I thought you already killed me, even though you refuse to tell me my character's name. You know, how you "remember" killing me?

If I showed up you wouldn't be there. You sound like nothing more than a poser who needs attention. Run along princess, you bore me.
  • Fooky wrote:

My donation to Red Zone PKs.

Step 1: I spend a couple minutes gathering.
    Step 2: I refine and make some T2 gear.
    Step 3: I walk to Red zone and get killed by PK.
    Step 3a: PK gets value of nothing and Rep hit for killing me.

Step 4: I'm happy with my small revenge on PKs :)

I just did it a couple minutes ago. Wish my rep would get maxed faster so Rep hit is bigger.

P.S. his PVP kill fame was Zero for the kill too... makes it even better :)
    Gotta start doing that.

In beta I would run around naked, pretending I'm gathering with a T1 sickle and one carrot my inventory. Ah, the names I was called. I miss those days.
  • Didn't read the full thread, don't care to either way. Don't care if you give a damn about my opinion or not either, just wanted to say the system as it is now is exactly as it should be, to all those dipshit "bang,bang haha I keel you!" people out there : You want to just randomly walk around killing other people and ruining their fun by just taking THEIR hours of work and time they spent gathering / crafting / refining without any penalty at all? Guess what? You're shit out of luck! Back in the Ultima Online days if you were flagged murder you were oneshottet by town guards in every city except one for crminals, you were free prey for any positive rep player out there, and it could take days and for some people WEEKS to get their rep back to a neutral state. If you want to run around all day long just derping around killing everyone you see you are and SHOULD expect to get assraped at every occation some reputable players walks by, you're a criminal, you have no rights whatsoever. Don't like it? Want to get points for killing people? Go play fucking Overwatch or another kiddie pvp game where you get all teh points for killing others.
  • Okay, so my thoughts on this subject have changed a lot over the last few days.

The red zone as it stands has gotten too safe, and it is destroying local diversity and making the blue zone cities redundent. As the market starts to settle and the red zone gets safer low tier resources (that the black zone needs to function which only exist in the blue/yellow zone) are reaching a point of equilibrium with Caerleon where it is no longer profitable to transport them into Caerleon. This is only happening because there is little to no risk in transporting them between the areas.

Now, in general, I would not see a problem with this. In this circumstance, however, it really destroys a key part of the game. There is literally no reason to base yourself anywhere but Caerleon now, which means that the starter towns are becoming redundant, and while the effects of this are not being seen yet they will be seen down the line when the starter towns are all but ghost towns thanks to the benifits and lack of risk in just going to Caerleon. This situation exists and will get worse thanks to the relative safety of the red zone. Ultimately this will have really big implications for the over all economy. Getting across the red zone with stacks of T3 should be scary and difficult, but it is not that means any smart black zone player has easy access to T3 with minimal effort reducing the silver that new players can make off selling their early gathering materials to the end game players. This will make it even harder for them to establish personal economies.

In other words, the way the rep system works and the relative safety of the red zone is going to actually damage the new player experience.
  • Hantaro wrote:

We don't really care of other zone than black. Cause you only find t7/t8 on black zone. And all the "safe" gatherer will need to black one day.

The game is young, most of people still farming t4. Just wait and stop complain.
    Sure, we don't care about anything but the black zone but that T3 is still part of our supply chain, and it is and will continue to be dirt cheap because getting it to Caerleon is ezpz thanks to rep, and Carebares will continue to just farm it for us. The problem is that there is zero opportunity cost for running it through the red zone on a t5 ox meaning that the red zone is not dangerous enough to make transportation profitable.
  • Wayland wrote:

Didn't read the full thread, don't care to either way. Don't care if you give a damn about my opinion or not either, just wanted to say the system as it is now is exactly as it should be, to all those dipshit "bang,bang haha I keel you!" people out there : You want to just randomly walk around killing other people and ruining their fun by just taking THEIR hours of work and time they spent gathering / crafting / refining without any penalty at all? Guess what? You're shit out of luck! Back in the Ultima Online days if you were flagged murder you were oneshottet by town guards in every city except one for crminals, you were free prey for any positive rep player out there, and it could take days and for some people WEEKS to get their rep back to a neutral state. If you want to run around all day long just derping around killing everyone you see you are and SHOULD expect to get assraped at every occation some reputable players walks by, you're a criminal, you have no rights whatsoever. Don't like it? Want to get points for killing people? Go play fucking Overwatch or another kiddie pvp game where you get all teh points for killing others.
    In old ultima online you also have chance to kill guards and raid the city with reputable players in it. Also there wasnt any restriction for zone because everything out of town was danger zone and there was rule Survival of the finest and nobody care if you are gatherer or pvp/pve player.And that was almost exactly Beta 1 in albion.
    So the real Pk in Ultima Online never wanted to get back to be reputable because it was hardcore to survive but it wasnt restricted so much as is now in albion.
    Pk's dont need to entry the city but force them out of basic PvP zone (red) its a bullshit.Im ok if they cant go in yellow and lower zone.

Problem isnt reputation ,problem is forcing players with bad rep out of basic pvp zone.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Darrius ().