Quality of Life (QoL) Improvements and small tweaks

• Quality of Life (QoL) Improvements and small tweaks

Hi.

During the alpha, I made a list of small/minor things that would probably not make it into any of my prior feedback posts because they are too small on their own. All of them are still important enough (in my opinion!) to be listed though, especially because most would make the playing experience much more comfortable (imo).

General improvements
    • Add an "interact" keybind + button for looting corpses (and/or interacting with houses), so you don't accidently open houses or corpses midfight to make moving your character over dead bodies easier or better overall. Maybe make that optional who still like the old way of doing things.
    • Tooltips of buffs/debuffs should include the remaining time in real time
    • Tooltips for skills should be more detailed with at least their range in numbers
    • Add an option to set a certain guild account threshold that doesn't allow for withdrawal below a certain point. This way, guilds can make sure nobody takes money from the guild account below the point of necessary upkeep.
    • Add the option to resize chest windows, so we don't have to scroll through 500 lines of three-slot rows.
    • Add a modifier-button to automatically self-target yourself with beneficial spells (Heals, Purify, Shield)
    • Add more details in the guild member screen, especially a "last online" value

GvG related
    • Your name should be highlighted in a GvG/City Fight listing for a better visual recognition if you already signed up or not / add probably a small indicator on the match listing as well, so you don't have to open the player list for a match to check on your signup.
    • Give Warmasters+ the ability to make an GvG/Siege visible and open for ally partners in the GvG menu, so they can sign up without using the merc system
    • Add a browser for searching past GvG matches, their lineups and final score. Right now, as an outside player you can only track GvGs/City Sieges by remembering the state of a territory before and only tell from the Def Bonus or Def Points who won and what changed. This way, people interested in the outcome of a fight would have easier means to know what happened.
    • Right now, some guilds use the match timer to sign up at the least minute or have themselves cover their attacks by other guilds. While it was a viable strategy in last alpha, I personally consider that just bad manners, especially if you want to check if you can send your newer players in instead of your A-Team. Changing Slots in a lineup should come with a cost at a certain point, so that troll signups are minimized at least. My suggestion would be, that a team gets a hit on their stats by 1% for every team member changed within the last 4 hours of a fight. Additionally, force a lineup to be up at least 4 hours before a fight starts as well, otherwise the fight counts as autowin for whoever didn't show up. Probably controversial, because some may see the sign up process as part of the meta already. I personally found this just to be highly annoying.
    • Add sorting options for GvG/City matches (time left, slots open, by cluster) on the match listing
    • Add visual indicators in the match listing for raids/conquers on top of the Defense/Attack symbols, so teams can easily differentiate between both matchtypes
    • Add the explanation how which matchtype affects teams, defender bonus and points somewhere in the match listing UI, so that players without Warmaster+ ranks can also see that.
    • In addition to my first point in the prior section, make interaction with buildings during GvGs/City Fights unavailable so you don't accidentally open buildings midfight.

Allies & Cities
    • Add a toggle to turn on allies on the minimap in the cluster on/off by either having a button at the minimap and having a corresponding key
    • Add visual indicators for citizens (plot owners) of a city that a) your guild owns b) your allied guilds own and make that indicator a toggle in the options as well
    • We can already turn guild/ally names on and off in the option screen, I'd personally like to have a keybind or at least a toggle button at the minimap for that so that you can change this rather important option on the fly midfight

Thanks for reading,
    - Storm
  • Stormcaller wrote:

• Right now, some guilds use the match timer to sign up at the least minute or have themselves cover their attacks by other guilds. While it was a viable strategy in last alpha, I personally consider that just bad manners, especially if you want to check if you can send your newer players in instead of your A-Team. Changing Slots in a lineup should come with a cost at a certain point, so that troll signups are minimized at least. My suggestion would be, that a team gets a hit on their stats by 1% for every team member changed within the last 4 hours of a fight. Additionally, force a lineup to be up at least 4 hours before a fight starts as well, otherwise the fight counts as autowin for whoever didn't show up. Probably controversial, because some may see the sign up process as part of the meta already. I personally found this just to be highly annoying.[/quote]

I would like to iterate on this one a bit.

I support a penalty for signing up late or changing the lineup last minute.
    I very much like the penalty of 1% or 2% per change made, mainly because it is easy to remember and not too much of a penalty if somebody really needs to leave last minute.

However I think 4 hours is a little bit too much to lock spots 4 hours before resulting in an auto-win for non signup.
    This would be too harsh in my oppinion, because you force people to actually sign up 24hours before (their last playing session), wich may be before the actual war was declared.

I would suggest to give a flat penalty for every change made to the lineup within 2 hours before the fight starts.

This would mean, if you sign up late with 5 people, you loose 5%-10% bonus; if you exchange one member you have to take a 2%-4% penalty (2 changes made). This system would be easy to remember:

I prefer a 2% penalty for every change made within 2 hours before the GvG starts, because 1% may be not enough of a penalty.

for city fitghts the penalty numbers should be lower, maybe 0,5% - 1% penalty per change
    Bogul#6397

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bogul ().