Is there Cash Shop in game?

• Vermillion wrote:

AbunA wrote:

As it stands now , nope. You jst buy gold and premium with real money.
    Is premium gonna be "must" thing? and can it be bought by in game gold?

So far as I could tell from playing the last Beta a bit, the bonus you get from Premium makes it pretty "must have" if you don't want to grind for hours to compensate.
    That being said, you can buy it with in game currency and from my (admittedly fairly short experience) it should be pretty easy to make enough silver for a 30 day premium within a couple of days at most.
  • Saraneth wrote:

You can buy in game currency with $$! Sounds pretty fucking P2W to me!
    Does not matter how much ingame currency you buy coz without playing/unlocking ability you cant use that items. When you are going to use them coz you need unlock next tear then you can easily lost that items.

Secondly hardcore guilds/players do not need buy any gold. In my opinion, buying ingame currency in this game just can balance hardcore vs casual players, if they do not have such a lot of time to play and grind.
  • Saraneth wrote:

You can buy in game currency with $$! Sounds pretty fucking P2W to me!
    Then you have a very strong misunderstanding of pay to win...

Have you ever played a REAL p2w game? AKA combat arms and other bs like that? Where you can actually buy items that you CANT access by in game means?

This is not pay to win... If you suck, paying isnt gonna make you win. You'll just be donating your gear to people like me...
  • Being able to purchase in-game cash directly from the game developer is P2W, but this happens anyways with gold farmers. Prevailing wisdom seems to be that it's better for the game, in general, if the game studio receives the proceeds of in-game currency sales, as opposed to the gold farmers.
  • machz wrote:

Being able to purchase in-game cash directly from the game developer is P2W, but this happens anyways with gold farmers. Prevailing wisdom seems to be that it's better for the game, in general, if the game studio receives the proceeds of in-game currency sales, as opposed to the gold farmers.
    Lol... buying in game currency does not make you win in any form or fashion.

Buying a weapon with stats that cant be achieved by other NON bought weapons is the definition of pay to win....
  • The definition of paying to win is paying to win. If you pay money for an advantage, you're paying to win. I think most would consider unlimited silver (potentially) a serious advantage. Just because, relatively speaking, the advantage gained might pale in degree to some crappy mobile game that has given you PTSD, does not have any bearing whatsoever on the definition.
  • machz wrote:

The definition of paying to win is paying to win. If you pay money for an advantage, you're paying to win. I think most would consider unlimited silver (potentially) a serious advantage. Just because, relatively speaking, the advantage gained might pale in degree to some crappy mobile game that has given you PTSD, does not have any bearing whatsoever on the definition.
    The reason that it would not be considered P2W is because regardless of you have 5 billion dollars in the bank and being able to buy you as much silver as you want. You still have to put the same amount of time as Joe Schmoe who does not bought any gold. You still have to spend hundreds of hours farming to be able to wear any gear you buy.

So the idea is that, even if you were to buy gear you cant wear it without leveling first.

The only way it would be slightly P2W is Joe Schmoe may not be able to have 50 disposable sets. Instead he only has 5 disposable sets. But in the end it really does not give much of an advantage over the average player. There is a huge forum post if you search for it about the P2W discussion and why the Dev's have decided that this is not P2W.

Also the gold farmer thing was a big issue two-three betas ago. Its still there, not as big of a problem but, still there. And this will eventually harm the game in the way that SI will not be able to make any money off of gold sales due to there not really being any reason for gold in the game. Money at a certain point becomes quite pointless other than for guilds gearing for guild wars.
  • machz wrote:

The definition of paying to win is paying to win. If you pay money for an advantage, you're paying to win. I think most would consider unlimited silver (potentially) a serious advantage. Just because, relatively speaking, the advantage gained might pale in degree to some crappy mobile game that has given you PTSD, does not have any bearing whatsoever on the definition.
    Even google agrees "Definition of Pay To Win" - "Pay to Win would be when they introduce gear (or otherwise similar means) to attain stats that give you an actual gameplay advantage over everyone else, and that it can't be obtained without shelling out the real money."

There is ZERO gameplay advantage to buying silver. It doesnt make you better, it doesnt make you some pro.... If you suck at the game, you will still lose your shit.

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

Shit even reddit is debating it

reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3q…_win_mechanics_expanding/