Daggers in serious need of buff.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• All of the replies here no one has actually stated why Dual Daggers are so awful. This is most likely due to people just saying they suck without ever trying them in game.

Dual Daggers right now are pretty decent. The damage is ok. Could it be better? Yes. The split wise likely to much. Id rather them just lower the damage over all and keep it that way. Instead of t4 daggers doing 1100 at max stacks just lower it to 850-900 and let it do full damage without the dot. Or change the dot to 80/20 split. However as said thats not the real issue.

The real issue is when you nerf a weapon once by adding a .6 cast time to E, and then nerf its damage to 60/40...its simply to much. I dont know if anyone knows this, but its insanely hard to hit someone with dual dagger E if they are moving. Daggers have very short attack range and the .6 cast allows people to pretty much sprint away from it. The real nerf to this weapon is lowering the damage AND keeping the cast time on E.

If the cast time on E was removed, daggers would be in a pretty decent spot in open world pvp. But actually trying to chase someone and hit them with the E is a test in patience.
      The True Victor.

Make Albion Great Again!
    • Roor schrieb:

All of the replies here no one has actually stated why Dual Daggers are so awful. This is most likely due to people just saying they suck without ever trying them in game.

Dual Daggers right now are pretty decent. The damage is ok. Could it be better? Yes. The split wise likely to much. Id rather them just lower the damage over all and keep it that way. Instead of t4 daggers doing 1100 at max stacks just lower it to 850-900 and let it do full damage without the dot. Or change the dot to 80/20 split. However as said thats not the real issue.

The real issue is when you nerf a weapon once by adding a .6 cast time to E, and then nerf its damage to 60/40...its simply to much. I dont know if anyone knows this, but its insanely hard to hit someone with dual dagger E if they are moving. Daggers have very short attack range and the .6 cast allows people to pretty much sprint away from it. The real nerf to this weapon is lowering the damage AND keeping the cast time on E.

If the cast time on E was removed, daggers would be in a pretty decent spot in open world pvp. But actually trying to chase someone and hit them with the E is a test in patience.
      Plenty of people have said why daggers are bad. 1 they have no CC but require stacks and no movement buff to help get those stacks. 2 they are burst dmg and they took the burst away. Also 0 cc and the most damaging ability has a cast time. HOW IN THE FUCK YOU GOING TO HAVE A CAST TIME ON A DAGGER... Sorry you don't Cast and attack you cast a spell.
      Myrmidons is always recruiting. Part of [ARCH] Alliance. MSG me in game to join. Achillles. (yes thats 3 L's)
    • itaan_Hunt schrieb:

Amadea schrieb:

add slow or faster movement..
      as a 1h dagger user its really comes to that. Noone even bow should be able to outrun that 5 sec E without heavy use of CC.
      Give the E a slow affect and give the dash a little dmg or at the very least a slow if hit. That would had out maneuvering to the daggers you could run one way dash another slow them pop them with your E to slow them again I mean give them something to control the target, especially since we cant burst anymore.........
      Myrmidons is always recruiting. Part of [ARCH] Alliance. MSG me in game to join. Achillles. (yes thats 3 L's)
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Try goose omlet if u want a bit of reduction on E cooldown.

Also that cast time should be irrelevant - u can hit horses with it, let alone sprinters... watch BestStrike's vids on youtube or reking ppl with dual daggers T4 in solo PVP
      The cast time is very relevant. And I am sure he went through plenty of losses before getting those very few wins.... Don't base your opinion on a youtubers highlights.......
    • Vitt4300 schrieb:

The cast time is very relevant. And I am sure he went through plenty of losses before getting those very few wins.... Don't base your opinion on a youtubers highlights.......
      L2P:

Watch minute 3:00 and up

I base my opinion on someone else's opinion (like the youtuber) and then I actually try shit in game...

dagger can rek ppl... git gud
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP
    • lo

Captainrussia schrieb:

Vitt4300 schrieb:

L2P:

I base my opinion on someone else's opinion (like the youtuber) and then I actually try shit in game...

lol u have brain?? He spend a lot time PK people, and 90 % enemys run, gathering or farming mobs, its important overall and daggers are weak compare against best weapons.
      GvG -very weak
      1v1 open world - weak
      AoE - super weak
      Single target -good
      Any dumb take worst weapon and sometimes kill, choice best fights and show on youtube.
      Of course Beststrike are very good player.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von Amadea ()

• Captainrussia schrieb:

Vitt4300 schrieb:

L2P:

You are an idiot. At least learn to spell to not sound retarded. The fact you base your opinion off someone elses opinion confirms this theory. LIKE I stated. Just because you can kill an rando occasionally does not mean the weapon is good. Come kill me with a dagger.... I beg you...
    • This game is not balanced around 1v1s, think about the viability of daggers with assassin spirit unlocked: empowering beam, sunder / armor pierce on a target, instant slit throat for the near 1-shot on just about any target. Combine this with a few special artifacts that further increase damage / burst and you've got something that doesn't need to be nerfed or buffed.

Everyone is complaining about things without having some of the big passives and abilities unlocked that can completely change the way a role / weapon is played.
    • Amadea schrieb:

lol u have brain??
      apparently more then you have... see below

Amadea schrieb:

1v1 open world - weak
      1v1 weak? LOL - do you have brain?

Vitt4300 schrieb:

The fact you base your opinion off someone elses opinion confirms this theory. LIKE I stated.
      You must have missed that part where I stated that I actually go and try shit in the game... L2Read

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Just because you can kill an rando occasionally does not mean the weapon is good.
      Just because you cant kill a rando occasionally does not mean that the weapon is bad... o wait...

see what I did there?

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Come kill me with a dagger.... I beg you...
      What tier and where u wanna meet?
      DarthMagus - T8 Stone;
      Solo Bloodletter PVP
    • Audemars schrieb:

This game is not balanced around 1v1s, think about the viability of daggers with assassin spirit unlocked: empowering beam, sunder / armor pierce on a target, instant slit throat for the near 1-shot on just about any target. Combine this with a few special artifacts that further increase damage / burst and you've got something that doesn't need to be nerfed or buffed.

Everyone is complaining about things without having some of the big passives and abilities unlocked that can completely change the way a role / weapon is played.
      Ohhhhhhhhh it takes 2 players to kill 1 lol yea I guess that is OP........
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Amadea schrieb:

lol u have brain??
      apparently more then you have... see below

Amadea schrieb:

1v1 open world - weak
      1v1 weak? LOL - do you have brain?

Vitt4300 schrieb:

The fact you base your opinion off someone elses opinion confirms this theory. LIKE I stated.
      You must have missed that part where I stated that I actually go and try shit in the game... L2Read

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Just because you can kill an rando occasionally does not mean the weapon is good.
      Just because you cant kill a rando occasionally does not mean that the weapon is bad... o wait...
      see what I did there?

Vitt4300 schrieb:

Come kill me with a dagger.... I beg you...
      What tier and where u wanna meet?
      But you literally said you base your opinion off someone elses opinion...
    • Daggers are only good for leveling to get claws for banks or for bloodletter, if you're either a gatherer or for PvP

They just aren't strong enough, they can't be used in ZvZ, no one uses it in GvG, city duels don't count at all, that's like saying nature healer op because he can outheal you and do dps.

Then if you really wanted to you could play daggers in PvE but really... why even, there are better options and doesn't have AoE, and if you're doing PvE in black zone it isn't viable because you also have to react to zergs and your weapon has to be viable for group fights and they just aren't, you probably wouldn't wanna run them in PvE in some places.
    • Vitt4300 schrieb:

Audemars schrieb:

This game is not balanced around 1v1s, think about the viability of daggers with assassin spirit unlocked: empowering beam, sunder / armor pierce on a target, instant slit throat for the near 1-shot on just about any target. Combine this with a few special artifacts that further increase damage / burst and you've got something that doesn't need to be nerfed or buffed.

Ohhhhhhhhh it takes 2 players to kill 1 lol yea I guess that is OP........
      do you pvp at all. if it ONLY TAKES 2 PLAYERS to instant kill a healer, it is op already. because in most cases IT TAKES MORE THAN 2 PLAYERS to take down enemy healer
    • sebasgann schrieb:

Daggers are only good for leveling to get claws for banks or for bloodletter, if you're either a gatherer or for PvP

They just aren't strong enough, they can't be used in ZvZ, no one uses it in GvG, city duels don't count at all, that's like saying nature healer op because he can outheal you and do dps.

Then if you really wanted to you could play daggers in PvE but really... why even, there are better options and doesn't have AoE, and if you're doing PvE in black zone it isn't viable because you also have to react to zergs and your weapon has to be viable for group fights and they just aren't, you probably wouldn't wanna run them in PvE in some places.

So, if i want to play dagger in PVP (GvG / ZvZ) i have to play Claws / Bloodletter?

Well, bloodletter are really high cost (90k for expert bloodletter), i will take claws.
    • Captainrussia schrieb:

Vitt4300 schrieb:

i ma finish the sentence off for ya, 'IF YOU CANT EVEN KILL RANDOS, YOU ARE BAD'
      ANY weapon has their own advantage in certain things, some is strong for pve i,e 1h dagger and pair, and there are ganking weapons i.e claws, there is all rounder i.e blood letter

if you throw 1h dagger in zerg fights, throw claws in gvg, and call them all underpowered, i may say the divine needs to buff your intelligence status, you are underpowered.

it is on your own to find out what build is best for whatever scenarios, and if you are just another dueling in city mates... stop raging in forum.

dagger pair and 1h dagger has low cd E and high total damage for pve you can secure your team bosses with that dps.

is dagger is just soo weak compare to axe or sword? clearly not.
      clarent blade? yes it does aoe but on single targets most dagger E out power it clearly. and single target is what daggers mainly focus on.
      claymore mister you said? claws can root ignore cc resistance and does more damage meanwhile still can use W as gapcloser.
      what, scythe? do you realize blackhands does the same or more damage on E and it is instant, just that its single targeted.
      CARRION CALLER? to be honest with you carrion caller E is strong for its aoe healing redction, if talking about pure damage it is not top of the list.
      BLOODLETTER? does more damage than claymore E when enemy not below 40% hp, and does more instant damage than any other melee weapon when executing enemy below 40%, meanwhile it is aoe and can be used as a gapcloser, good for ganking, gvg and pve and most scenerios,

WHAT MORE TO COMPLAIN?