Daggers in serious need of buff.

• Daggers in serious need of buff.

The blood-letter and black-hands are fine. The rest is bad, I don't want a buff back to how it as originally of course, but a middle ground would be good, currently daggers, especially dagger pair are extremely bad.

Also, I think many can agree with me, a 4 second trigger to the attack speed increase passive is needed instead of the current 6 second.

Daggers are supposed to be burst weapons, there is no burst at all atm with them except if you start wearing full cloth which makes you even weaker than what you already are.
    Give me shawarma
  • Furinkazan wrote:

just nope. you need to consider daggers that are currently op when asking for a base ability buff. and there isnt really burst in thos game, its all about stacks...
    No, the game designers specifically mentioned that daggers are burst weapons. Currently their burst except for the ones I mentioned need serious buff, as I said a middle ground between the old and nerfed values would be fair. Plus there is no burst in this game? Cursed? Spear? Broad Sword? Fire Staff? Want me to keep going?
    Give me shawarma
  • Ramesis wrote:

Dragnon wrote:

Just accept that 1h dagger is the curse staff of the dagger line. Its great if you build the rest of your armor around it. (Hunter's Jacket, Torch etc.)
    Yeah but this is only viable for 1v1 city duelling, not open world pve or pvp...nerfs and buffs shouldn't be based on city duels.
    Its totally viable to PVE. How is it not? Are you saying there is no place for single target DPS? Its DoT instead of Burst, whats wrong with that?
  • There is no heavy bossfarming where strong single target would be preeferable over aoe.

Best fame values in this game as in most other games come from the trash/normal monsters before the actual boss itself. Hence strong aoe weapons that quickly dispatch of those are heavily in the flavour of the month (should I say betas?). Obvisouly this is from a group oriented perspective

Additionally 1h daggers offer no aoe damage at all, while most aoe weapons can still swap too a stronger single target setup (via the spellslot flexibility).

As it currently stands a weapon line heavily focused on single target (with nearly none existent aoe) is undesired for efficient fame farming and group oriented pve content.

This doesnt mean that the 1h dagger is useless. It just doesnt fit the game frame we as the players have too work with. (In terms of efficiency)
  • Dragnon wrote:

Ramesis wrote:

Dragnon wrote:

Just accept that 1h dagger is the curse staff of the dagger line. Its great if you build the rest of your armor around it. (Hunter's Jacket, Torch etc.)
    Yeah but this is only viable for 1v1 city duelling, not open world pve or pvp...nerfs and buffs shouldn't be based on city duels.
    Its totally viable to PVE. How is it not? Are you saying there is no place for single target DPS? Its DoT instead of Burst, whats wrong with that?
    @Substanz_D just answered your question
    Give me shawarma
  • Dragnon wrote:

Just saying but any hunter Hood user will just wreck a full Attack speed 1h dagger. It's not even in the field of hardcounter since you will just erease the 1h dagger user from earth instantly no matter what is gear difference lvl is.
  • Lleu wrote:

Dragnon wrote:

Just saying but any hunter Hood user will just wreck a full Attack speed 1h dagger. It's not even in the field of hardcounter since you will just erease the 1h dagger user from earth instantly no matter what is gear difference lvl is.
    So what? There is a counter for everything in this game. Show me any build and I will then show you a piece of gear to counter it. That doesn't make your build in need of a buff.
  • Dragnon wrote:

Lleu wrote:

Dragnon wrote:

So what? There is a counter for everything in this game. Show me any build and I will then show you a piece of gear to counter it. That doesn't make your build in need of a buff.
    If it was the only really hard counter I would agree. But I can't see the 1H dagger be good a anything other than taking unawere people.
  • Ramesis wrote:

Furinkazan wrote:

just nope. you need to consider daggers that are currently op when asking for a base ability buff. and there isnt really burst in thos game, its all about stacks...
    No, the game designers specifically mentioned that daggers are burst weapons. Currently their burst except for the ones I mentioned need serious buff, as I said a middle ground between the old and nerfed values would be fair. Plus there is no burst in this game? Cursed? Spear? Broad Sword? Fire Staff? Want me to keep going?
    read, i said stacks.

broadsword, 1h curse stuff, spears, they all need to to stack their Q up for burst damage on E.

almost all daggers can do burst damage without needing any stacks.

axes are about stacking tones of bleed on enemies so it does high damage over an interval, and spear burst damage isnt that high. so i ma gonna compare dagger with swords.

bloodletter no stack required E AOE execute gapcloser, still does more damage than claymore E even enemy isnt even below 40% hp.
    blackhand no stack required E stun high dmg punch. does more damage than any sword's E that is stacked up.

1h dagger no stack required E ,basic attack buff, combined with attack speed it can even do the one of the highest melee damage over a 4 sec interval. but its easy to disengage,
    claws. still no stack required E, single target root, interrupt, does pretty high damage over an interval, good for ganking, rarely see it in gvgs.its not overpowered clearly but still okay based on cases

2h dagger is the only dagger that needs stacks to do damage. its being argued everywhere about that it needs some love, so not gonna explain it with detail, and there is already duel dagger threads everywhere.
  • Ramesis wrote:

The blood-letter and black-hands are fine. The rest is bad, I don't want a buff back to how it as originally of course, but a middle ground would be good, currently daggers, especially dagger pair are extremely bad.

Also, I think many can agree with me, a 4 second trigger to the attack speed increase passive is needed instead of the current 6 second.

Daggers are supposed to be burst weapons, there is no burst at all atm with them except if you start wearing full cloth which makes you even weaker than what you already are.
    daggers need stuck up so can do extreme amount of dmg its already powerful with new leather helmet and ambush skill , what u want more ? 1 shoot to other players or mobs ?
  • I think nerfing pair daggers by dividing dmg into instant dmg and dot was a huge mistake. I can understand a reduction in dmg in total but this change/nerf makes the playing as a pair dagger so not fun.I do not realy care if it is overkill but I can even have a solid %10-%15 dmg reduction on E, just to have the same feeling again as a assasin/rogue.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Deathpact ().

• Furinkazan wrote:

Ramesis wrote:

Furinkazan wrote:

read, i said stacks.
    broadsword, 1h curse stuff, spears, they all need to to stack their Q up for burst damage on E.

axes are about stacking tones of bleed on enemies so it does high damage over an interval, and spear burst damage isnt that high. so i ma gonna compare dagger with swords.

bloodletter no stack required E AOE execute gapcloser, still does more damage than claymore E even enemy isnt even below 40% hp.
    blackhand no stack required E stun high dmg punch. does more damage than any sword's E that is stacked up.

1h dagger no stack required E ,basic attack buff, combined with attack speed it can even do the one of the highest melee damage over a 4 sec interval. but its easy to disengage,
    claws. still no stack required E, single target root, interrupt, does pretty high damage over an interval, good for ganking, rarely see it in gvgs.its not overpowered clearly but still okay based on cases

2h dagger is the only dagger that needs stacks to do damage. its being argued everywhere about that it needs some love, so not gonna explain it with detail, and there is already duel dagger threads everywhere.
    Lets not talk about spears Q and daggers Q please. Spears Q increases range and damage and something else while if you use the self stack for dagger it boots your attack dmg but nerfs your armor and its cooldown is much longer then spears Q. Lessen the cooldown and buff move speed instead of debuffing armor and we can talk
  • Vitt4300 wrote:

Furinkazan wrote:

Ramesis wrote:

Furinkazan wrote:

read, i said stacks.broadsword, 1h curse stuff, spears, they all need to to stack their Q up for burst damage on E.

Lets not talk about spears Q and daggers Q please. Spears Q increases range and damage and something else while if you use the self stack for dagger it boots your attack dmg but nerfs your armor and its cooldown is much longer then spears Q. Lessen the cooldown and buff move speed instead of debuffing armor and we can talk
    i did not talk about spear at all.

at least read my post please.
  • Furinkazan wrote:

Vitt4300 wrote:

Furinkazan wrote:

Ramesis wrote:

Furinkazan wrote:

read, i said stacks.broadsword, 1h curse stuff, spears, they all need to to stack their Q up for burst damage on E.

i did not talk about spear at all.
    at least read my post please.
    Weird I thought that said spears. My mistake.