The Half Loot Theory – Revising the Red Zone

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Roor schrieb:

How long have you played Albion? A week? The game was exactly like you want it to be before Hector. Guess what? It failed. Why did it fail? The same reason your narrative works both ways. On one hand you have "I dont want to be forced to pvp." First of all its stupid at its core. AO is advertised as a full item loot pvp sandbox game. What dont you understand about pvp in that? Its like joining a football team and not expecting to get tackled. Autistic is the word I would use to describe that thought process. BUT I DIGRESS. Lets assume for a moment this retarded narrative was not retarded.

If its wrong to force gatherers into pvp environments, then why is it not wrong to force small group/solo pvp'ers into the black zone, or negative rep forever etc.

Fact is, your a hypocrite.

Take your pathetic carebear narrative and move along,
      Dude, what is wrong with you? I told you to read the entire discussion and yet you just rant along ignoring 90% of what has been written in this thread.

Read again or just stop participating in this discussion. This is just making you look stupid.
    • I agree with half loot, maybe even half mats too.

But on yellow zones, because that place is trash, good for testing ganking builds for a while but only if there is a Fame farming group you can rely on to get the fame back. But that's about it, giving half loot on Yellow may make it more attractive.

I have zero idea why you bought and supported a game that was advertised in being proud of the harsh PVP, just to complain about the main thing of it. Is like going to a Rock Bar and complain that people are smoking and drinking, expecting that the owner will bend to your will and make majority of his stabilishment be sodas and smoke free.

Leave Red and Black zones as it is, Red is already bad enough with that atrocious reputation system locking you out of cities.
    • Muffet schrieb:

I agree with half loot, maybe even half mats too.

But on yellow zones, because that place is trash, good for testing ganking builds for a while but only if there is a Fame farming group you can rely on to get the fame back. But that's about it, giving half loot on Yellow may make it more attractive.

I have zero idea why you bought and supported a game that was advertised in being proud of the harsh PVP, just to complain about the main thing of it. Is like going to a Rock Bar and complain that people are smoking and drinking, expecting that the owner will bend to your will and make majority of his stabilishment be sodas and smoke free.

Leave Red and Black zones as it is, Red is already bad enough with that atrocious reputation system locking you out of cities.
      I said it like 3-4 times in this discussion that I do not have a problem with the full loot system. In fact I'm a fan of the black zone / Outlands. I just suggested a more efficient way to accustom new players to the end game.

It's quite frustrating that everybody just reads the initial concept, then jumps straight to criticize it while there has been a lot of useful discussion since then. I'll take some time the next days and just edit the initial post with the points made in this thread.
    • I think the option you describe for "Half-loot" (inventory only) is not really going to give a true transition experience towards "Black".

As others have suggested, making Yellow more dangerous would probably be more effective.

Yellow: killing player / party can choose 1 equipped item and 2 items from inventory (a stack of 999 Tier 5 mats would = 1 item). Still significant reputation loss.

Red: killing player / party can take entire contents of inventory and 2 equipped items.. Minimal reputation loss. This seems valuable enough to be attractive to PvP'ers (especially with reduced rep losses) while still preventing such players from losing everything.

Black: Everything can be taken.

Still....If I'm gathering in red / black, I'm going to be wearing equipment I can easily replace...T4 in early game, then flat T5, then probably T5.1/T5.2 after a while. I would only ever wear my "good" (best / harder to replace) gear in a full PvP zone (red/black) if I am running around solo / team with the intent to hunt other players.

Again, not sure this is necessary. At end of beta I ran around 10-12 zones in the Carleon vicinity (red/yellow) and nothing happened to me other than enjoying the scenery. It's not like the zones are full to the brim of gankers. T6 is fairly valuable, so you don't have to have too many successful gathering runs in Red to come out ahead. Also, the only reason to go to red to gather is if you can gather T6...which means you have at least a T5 tool.....which means you can gather T5.* quickly in yellow to easily replace T5.* gear.........
    • As I already said, giving cearbears more chances to obtain stuff with even less risk is gona hurt the game waay to much. Doesnt matter what suggestion you make, anything that helps the casual gamers will keep hurting the game. You know why people say that these lasts few betas have been horrible? Cause casuals are getting too much love. Its a fact, the more help the casuals get, the less that people will enjoy the game.