The Half Loot Theory – Revising the Red Zone

  • The Half Loot Theory – Revising the Red Zone

    Disclaimer:
    First of all, this thread isn’t about removing full loot in any way from the game.
    Call this a pleb/casual/carebear thread, I couldn’t care as this is meant to help the overall performance oft he game for all kinds of players.



    Hey Devs,



    I love this game. I get that you want this game to be ‘hard’ in its core. And I like this too. I think you did a great job from the beginning (that tutorial is lackluster though) to the very end (black zone is tense). But there is one area of the game that has to be revised:



    It is the red zone.



    The Royal Island, as stated by you, is an area dedicated to be a transition from the comfort to the non-comfort zone. The yellow zone is doing this in a great way as you can accustom yourself with the ganks, zergs and escape mechanics that will be a major part in the black zone.



    But the red zone is somehow missing its point:



    • You are in the non-PVP zone.
    • Then you enter the yellow zone with flagged players attacking you.
    • Then you enter the red zone which is the same as the yellow zone but you will also lose all your stuff.



    Considering that the overall casual player is not happy with losing his progress while entering the red zone (which is somehow required in terms of mats) the full loot mechanic in the red zone is kind of harsh.



    Example:
    Player X is new to the game and doing fine in the green/blue zone, levelling its traits to get into the yellow zone, gathering stuff and levelling in the yellow zone and then enters the red zone, just to be ganked, losing all his gear and accessories in the red. This will somehow reset his progress and will be frustrating.



    This makes the red zone more of a road block than a rewarding transition. Considering the red zone as a borderlands type of area which will also be populated with black zone outlaws (which are more trained in combat) this is not working when it comes to ‘motivating’ people to engage in the sole endgame this game has to offer: the Outlands.


    Here's my Point.



    The Half Loot Theory



    Suggestion:
    Revise the rule set of the red zone. Make it half loot, meaning that you will lose everything in your inventory not equipped. A downed player will lose 33% on top of that to make death even more expensive. You could also remove the flagging and hostile display if the L33D players are whining too much.



    Why you go to the red zone as a new player?

    There has to be an incentive. I suggest adding a high amount of T7 ressources in these areas, making it desirable for both ascending players as well as seasoned PVPers. Make the red zone the brawl zone for new players that push towards the black zone without punishing them too hard.



    Why would this be good for the overall game?

    The current full loot mechanic rule set is fun. But only for the people having the resources to replace their gear quickly. This is something new players can’t do easily, making full loot for them un-equivalently punishing.



    The full loot mechanic rule distribution across the zones also restricts non-aggressive players with a low affinity to risk even entering these zones, making the game for this type of player feeling like an unwelcoming experience that will push them out of the game. And less players mean less profit for SBI leading to a higher risk for the game’s financial health.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Fullmoon ().

  • Fullmoon wrote:

    Disclaimer:
    First of all, this thread isn’t about removing full loot in any way from the game.
    Call this a pleb/casual/carebear thread, I couldn’t care as this is meant to help the overall performance oft he game for all kinds of players.



    Hey Devs,



    I love this game. I get that you want this game to be ‘hard’ in its core. And I like this too. I think you did a great job from the beginning (that tutorial is lackluster though) to the very end (black zone is tense). But there is one area of the game that has to be revised:



    It is the red zone.



    The Royal Island, as stated by you, is an area dedicated to be a transition from the comfort to the non-comfort zone. The yellow zone is doing this in a great way as you can accustom yourself with the ganks, zergs and escape mechanics that will be a major part in the black zone.



    But the red zone is somehow missing its point:



    • You are in the non-PVP zone.
    • Then you enter the yellow zone with flagged players attacking you.
    • Then you enter the red zone which is the same as the yellow zone but you will also lose all your stuff.



    Considering that the overall casual player is not happy with losing his progress while entering the red zone (which is somehow required in terms of mats) the full loot mechanic in the red zone is kind of harsh.



    Example:
    Player X is new to the game and doing fine in the green/blue zone, levelling its traits to get into the yellow zone, gathering stuff and levelling in the yellow zone and then enters the red zone, just to be ganked, losing all his gear and accessories in the red. This will somehow reset his progress and will be frustrating.



    This makes the red zone more of a road block than a rewarding transition. Considering the red zone as a borderlands type of area which will also be populated with black zone outlaws (which are more trained in combat) this is not working when it comes to ‘motivating’ people to engage in the sole endgame this game has to offer: the Outlands.


    Here's my Point.



    The Half Loot Theory



    Suggestion:
    Revise the rule set of the red zone. Make it half loot, meaning that you will lose everything in your inventory not equipped. A downed player will lose 33% on top of that to make death even more expensive. You could also remove the flagging and hostile display if the L33D players are whining too much.



    Why you go to the red zone as a new player?

    There has to be an incentive. I suggest adding a high amount of T7 ressources in these areas, making it desirable for both ascending players as well as seasoned PVPers. Make the red zone the brawl zone for new players that push towards the black zone without punishing them too hard.



    Why would this be good for the overall game?

    The current full loot mechanic rule set is fun. But only for the people having the resources to replace their gear quickly. This is something new players can’t do easily, making full loot for them un-equivalently punishing.



    The full loot mechanic rule distribution across the zones also restricts non-aggressive players with a low affinity to risk even entering these zones, making the game for this type of player feeling like an unwelcoming experience that will push them out of the game. And less players mean less profit for SBI leading to a higher risk for the game’s financial health.
    I hope devs will not look at post like this one and they will control community becouse ideas like this my friend will destroy this game!! This is very bad idea!! Stop crying if you lose everything take the your balls into hand and work hard or play hard! If you don't have balls to play on red zones don't do that!
  • Going to have to disagree. The yellow zones are essentially the same as blue zones due to reputation system and zero loot drop mechanics, there is absolutely no reason for anybody to attack you as there is nothing but loss in it, especially if you're a zerg. The yellows aren't doing a great job accustoming the players into zerging and ganking as you put it, since neither of them practically exist in yellows and even if they did, it'd be nothing like in reds and blacks.

    But to your actual suggestion regarding 'half loot', I highly doubt that you'd reach your goal of making the zones that desirable for those you're trying to cater here at the end of the day. You're not reducing the risk for the people you're trying to cater to, you're actually doing the opposite. You're reducing the risk for being a ganker as they no longer have anything to lose leading into an increased population of gankers preying on the gatherers. When we also factor in the reputation system, what we'll end up with is a yellow v2 where there is absolutely no reason to attack anybody except gatherers as they're now the only ones you could potentially profit more than you lose on reputation. I trust you're aware of which of the two the newer audience is mostly made of?

  • No. There is no need of a softer transition than we already have. People already lose a big chunk of their mats when they get ganked in yellow. I dont see the purpose of implementing yet another color of zones.

    Also, everyone shouldn't venture into red/black in gear they can't afford to lose. If people just follow this rule, then they wont get ruined or "pushed out of the game". Wear what you can afford to lose. Its as simple as that.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Snowman wrote:

    Going to have to disagree. The yellow zones are essentially the same as blue zones due to reputation system and zero loot drop mechanics, there is absolutely no reason for anybody to attack you as there is nothing but loss in it, especially if you're a zerg. The yellows aren't doing a great job accustoming the players into zerging and ganking as you put it, since neither of them practically exist in yellows and even if they did, it'd be nothing like in reds and blacks.

    But to your actual suggestion regarding 'half loot', I highly doubt that you'd reach your goal of making the zones that desirable for those you're trying to cater here at the end of the day. You're not reducing the risk for the people you're trying to cater to, you're actually doing the opposite. You're reducing the risk for being a ganker as they no longer have anything to lose leading into an increased population of gankers preying on the gatherers. When we also factor in the reputation system, what we'll end up with is a yellow v2 where there is absolutely no reason to attack anybody except gatherers as they're now the only ones you could potentially profit more than you lose on reputation. I trust you're aware of which of the two the newer audience is mostly made of?
    First: ganking and ganking were a thing, not just in the last betas because people didn't care. To even arguing that there is no ganking in yellows right now makes me question your awareness of what's going on in this zones.

    Second: Yes, reducing the repercussions of both ganking and being ganked actually caters to the people I mentioned. You can try ganking, you can try to push gathering into a risk zone where you can lose all of your 'temporary' effort.

    Third: Yes, gatherers will take a risk and will actually have to defend themselves. But on the other side, failing to defend or escape is somewhat frustrating but not as frustrating as losing the gear you actually have crafted/bought.

    Fourth: The 'newer' audience will be the major audience if you're referring to casuals. That's what I'm aware of and it is the basis for this thread What are you even try to accomplish with suggesting I don't know?


    Disclaimer:

    AnabolicBoy wrote:

    That dude wrote:

    I hope devs will not look at post like this one and they will control community becouse ideas like this my friend will destroy this game!! This is very bad idea!! Stop crying if you lose everything take the your balls into hand and work hard or play hard! If you don't have balls to play on red zones don't do that!

    You seem to not have read the disclaimer. As you failed to communicate like a grown-up, let me get this straight:

    The only thing destroying this game will be toxic people like you who aren't even able to give appropriate feedback. Just for your limited ability to understand this post: This is about new people that want to go into the black zone. This thread suggests making it easier for them to accumulate (sry, easy wording: stack) gear that makes them compete while setting a foot in the Outlands. I'm fine with the current state, I just think about all the new players that maybe shy away from a greater experience.


    Stravanov wrote:

    Also, everyone shouldn't venture into red/black in gear they can't afford to lose. If people just follow this rule, then they wont get ruined or "pushed out of the game". Wear what you can afford to lose. Its as simple as that.

    This is the whole point: making it easier to afford the gear so they can actually compete in the Outlands. If you want a healthy, populated black zone without toning down the rule set, you'll have to lower the entry level of effort. Otherwise: enjoy fighting the same 3 guilds for the rest of AO's lifetime.
  • Fullmoon wrote:

    Stravanov wrote:

    Also, everyone shouldn't venture into red/black in gear they can't afford to lose. If people just follow this rule, then they wont get ruined or "pushed out of the game". Wear what you can afford to lose. Its as simple as that.
    This is the whole point: making it easier to afford the gear so they can actually compete in the Outlands. If you want a healthy, populated black zone without toning down the rule set, you'll have to lower the entry level of effort. Otherwise: enjoy fighting the same 3 guilds for the rest of AO's lifetime.

    You don't seem to understand.

    Everybody can afford to wear T4 set to black. Everybody. A full T4 set is basically free two weeks after launch.

    If people can't afford "free", then they don't belong in red/black anyways.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Stravanov wrote:

    You don't seem to understand.

    Everybody can afford to wear T4 set to black. Everybody. A full T4 set is basically free two weeks after launch.

    If people can't afford "free", then they don't belong in red/black anyways.
    Sigh.

    Tell me, besides setting up a gank: how is a player in T4 able to compete with a enchanted T8? Spoiler: never. You're whole 'They don't belong into the black / red zone' narrative is getting old and doesn't help the discussion because it's about making people able to

    1. try out PVP and get an taste for what it's like in the black zone.
    2. make them able to actually do something besides ganking higher tier players or escaping them.

    Don't even try to make a BestStrike argument here that a T4 is able to 'outplay' a more than 400 IP above T8.
  • Fullmoon wrote:

    Stravanov wrote:

    You don't seem to understand.
    Everybody can afford to wear T4 set to black. Everybody. A full T4 set is basically free two weeks after launch.

    If people can't afford "free", then they don't belong in red/black anyways.
    Sigh.
    Tell me, besides setting up a gank: how is a player in T4 able to compete with a enchanted T8? Spoiler: never. You're whole 'They don't belong into the black / red zone' narrative is getting old and doesn't help the discussion because it's about making people able to

    1. try out PVP and get an taste for what it's like in the black zone.
    2. make them able to actually do something besides ganking higher tier players or escaping them.

    Don't even try to make a BestStrike argument here that a T4 is able to 'outplay' a more than 400 IP above T8.

    I'm not arguing that T4 can beat T8.
    I'm also not arguing that newer players don't belong in red/black. In fact I will encourage everybody to get straight into red/black as soon as possible in whatever gear they can afford to lose.

    Your only argument for changing the current system is that newer players can't "afford" to lose their progress, or they "won't be happy" about it.

    These problems are fixed if the players only wear what they can afford to lose.

    If a player wants to play with T8 gear without risk, he can go to yellow zones.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Fullmoon wrote:

    Considering that the overall casual player is not happy with losing his progress while entering the red zone (which is somehow required in terms of mats) the full loot mechanic in the red zone is kind of harsh.
    Considering that the overall casual player has about gazillion other non-full loot games to play, he can go elsewhere if rules of this game are not for him, its perfectly fine. Red zone mechanic being harsh is the fkin point mate, why do you think EvE is like it is, to make sure that people who play are able to survive the harsh environment, same goes for Albion.

    This game is not WoW. It has been damaged by salami method of cutting down any hardcore mechanic there is, we dont want to play Sims Online in a year, we want Albion. Nobody said catching up is easy, but its possible. You said you love this game, than grow a pair of balls and play or stay in the blue / yellow zones, its perfectly fine too. Red zone has already the hostile count, its more than enough.
  • Fullmoon wrote:

    First: ganking and ganking were a thing, not just in the last betas because people didn't care. To even arguing that there is no ganking in yellows right now makes me question your awareness of what's going on in this zones.

    Question it if you want. It won't change the fact that there isn't anything to gain by ganking in yellow zone, and all the more to lose if you do it in a zerg. You're not going to see people tanking on their reputation at the risk of missing an actually valuable kill on reds just to avoid getting banished from royals altogether,. Do you know anybody that went dreaded just to have fun on yellows only to be banned from it? I don't.



    Second: Yes, reducing the repercussions of both ganking and being ganked actually caters to the people I mentioned. You can try ganking, you can try to push gathering into a risk zone where you can lose all of your 'temporary' effort.

    You didn't provide me any reason to why would it cater to the people you mentioned. Elaborate, how does it cater to the people you mentioned, when all you're essentially doing is getting rid of the ganker's risks? The resources a gatherer is going to pick up can and often ends up being more valuable than the gear they're wearing, meanwhile the gear is all the ganker has. Even if we were to assume that a gatherer gathers resources half the worth of his own gear, gankers would still have it almost infinitely cheaper (If it wasn't for the already tiny durability hit), and can simply spamgank you as long as they like. A scenario that existed in pre-reputation yellow with the exception that this time it's amplified as they're encouraged with actual rewards.

    In short, chances are your risk of dying would grow more than the cost of death would be reduced if you're a gatherer.


    Third: Yes, gatherers will take a risk and will actually have to defend themselves. But on the other side, failing to defend or escape is somewhat frustrating but not as frustrating as losing the gear you actually have crafted/bought.

    "Not as frustrating" is entirely situational. That frustration applies only if the said person is clearly not managing his bank properly and dies in gear much more valuable than they can normally afford, whereas if they're actually sticking with the surplus equipment that's flooding the bank anyways, they'd be almost having a relief of having finally gotten rid of them. If it wasn't for all the enchanted resources they just lost.

    If they're going to be frustrated onto something, it's going to be all those extra encounters with high tier veterans they'd have to face with no chances of winning them, and even then the vets would just come back. All that to deal with while being new.


    Fourth: The 'newer' audience will be the major audience if you're referring to casuals. That's what I'm aware of and it is the basis for this thread What are you even try to accomplish with suggesting I don't know?

    I included casuals into the same package as the newer players that I referred with the "newer audience", since they're basically the same in this topic. What am I trying to accomplish with.. With what? The last sentence I wrote was more of a conclusional reminder that we both know that casuals & new players tend to start/stick with gathering in the context that they're in the firing line if your suggestion ended up in the game. Not a personal attack on you or any other useless hostile banter, if that's what you thought.

  • What if Red Zones remained the way they are.

    But give Yellow Zones a t5 hard gear cap + scaled masteries which is a more dramtic then it is right now to removes stomping as a past time. And give players an ability that is used like Execute but is called Knockout. The knocked out players gear loses 49% durability and 90% of the repair value is dropped in silver, and the get up time is 2 minutes. This ability costs less reputation and gives you the player killer tag.

    Then you could die twice without repairing in a Yellow Zone (revenge anyone ) but ganking would be worth while (about 3,000 silver per Knockout of t4.0 gear) again.

    I dont see Red Zones as the problem but rather the step up to Yellow Zones from Green Zones too shallow because it only feels like the mob tier goes up. Which then makes the Red Zones a cliff instead of a step.
    Start your adventure today!
    albiononline.com/?ref=N5M8NZKX3B
  • AnabolicBoy wrote:

    Fullmoon wrote:

    Disclaimer:
    First of all, this thread isn’t about removing full loot in any way from the game.
    Call this a pleb/casual/carebear thread, I couldn’t care as this is meant to help the overall performance oft he game for all kinds of players.



    Hey Devs,



    I love this game. I get that you want this game to be ‘hard’ in its core. And I like this too. I think you did a great job from the beginning (that tutorial is lackluster though) to the very end (black zone is tense). But there is one area of the game that has to be revised:



    It is the red zone.



    The Royal Island, as stated by you, is an area dedicated to be a transition from the comfort to the non-comfort zone. The yellow zone is doing this in a great way as you can accustom yourself with the ganks, zergs and escape mechanics that will be a major part in the black zone.



    But the red zone is somehow missing its point:



    • You are in the non-PVP zone.
    • Then you enter the yellow zone with flagged players attacking you.
    • Then you enter the red zone which is the same as the yellow zone but you will also lose all your stuff.



    Considering that the overall casual player is not happy with losing his progress while entering the red zone (which is somehow required in terms of mats) the full loot mechanic in the red zone is kind of harsh.



    Example:
    Player X is new to the game and doing fine in the green/blue zone, levelling its traits to get into the yellow zone, gathering stuff and levelling in the yellow zone and then enters the red zone, just to be ganked, losing all his gear and accessories in the red. This will somehow reset his progress and will be frustrating.



    This makes the red zone more of a road block than a rewarding transition. Considering the red zone as a borderlands type of area which will also be populated with black zone outlaws (which are more trained in combat) this is not working when it comes to ‘motivating’ people to engage in the sole endgame this game has to offer: the Outlands.


    Here's my Point.



    The Half Loot Theory



    Suggestion:
    Revise the rule set of the red zone. Make it half loot, meaning that you will lose everything in your inventory not equipped. A downed player will lose 33% on top of that to make death even more expensive. You could also remove the flagging and hostile display if the L33D players are whining too much.



    Why you go to the red zone as a new player?

    There has to be an incentive. I suggest adding a high amount of T7 ressources in these areas, making it desirable for both ascending players as well as seasoned PVPers. Make the red zone the brawl zone for new players that push towards the black zone without punishing them too hard.



    Why would this be good for the overall game?

    The current full loot mechanic rule set is fun. But only for the people having the resources to replace their gear quickly. This is something new players can’t do easily, making full loot for them un-equivalently punishing.



    The full loot mechanic rule distribution across the zones also restricts non-aggressive players with a low affinity to risk even entering these zones, making the game for this type of player feeling like an unwelcoming experience that will push them out of the game. And less players mean less profit for SBI leading to a higher risk for the game’s financial health.
    I hope devs will not look at post like this one and they will control community becouse ideas like this my friend will destroy this game!! This is very bad idea!! Stop crying if you lose everything take the your balls into hand and work hard or play hard! If you don't have balls to play on red zones don't do that!
    I agree with the OP. I hate to tell you my friend but there are a ton of pleb/casual/carebear out there with lots of money to spend. What will destroy the game if Albion don't make money. The hardcore players will not have to spend much after launch because the way the game is setup, I can live off raping new players. As much as I like the idea of not having to pay anymore money to Albion forever I do see the long term damage to keeping the game healthy. At some point they will add more PvE stuff vs PvP stuff for the casual player. Eve Online learned this lesson the hard way.
  • I agree that the steps from Blue -> Yellow -> Red are messed up, but I think you got the solution backwards.

    IMO Blue should be allowed PvP but no death/loot (like the yellow zones are now). No one PvP with these rules anyway, there is no point in separating blue and yellow zones.

    Then we have the yellow zone, where the offender should be flagged for PvP and the Half Loot idea would be quite nice to have some rewards for the gankers.

    Then we should have red zones with full loot PvP and Rep loses, flagging should not be necessary here. If someone's rep is too low that person should be considered as "always flagged" instead of entering town restrictions. A person that is always flagged would be screwed even around yellow areas.

    Then we have the black zones with full loot, no rep loses, the whole deal towards FFA PvP.
  • Devastate wrote:

    I agree that the steps from Blue -> Yellow -> Red are messed up, but I think you got the solution backwards.

    IMO Blue should be allowed PvP but no death/loot (like the yellow zones are now). No one PvP with these rules anyway, there is no point in separating blue and yellow zones.

    Then we have the yellow zone, where the offender should be flagged for PvP and the Half Loot idea would be quite nice to have some rewards for the gankers.

    Then we should have red zones with full loot PvP and Rep loses, flagging should not be necessary here. If someone's rep is too low that person should be considered as "always flagged" instead of entering town restrictions. A person that is always flagged would be screwed even around yellow areas.

    Then we have the black zones with full loot, no rep loses, the whole deal towards FFA PvP.
    I am not sure about that. While t4 pvp in blue would be good, if you get t3 and t2 in that mix most of the players in there first 3 hrs won't appreciate being stomped until the have a good foundation in casting spells and moving around. One way could be to have a hard gear cap of t4 for the green hell gates which could provide that early player experience?

    I still think my solution is pretty good if the problem is there being no reward for pvping in yellow zones.
    Start your adventure today!
    albiononline.com/?ref=N5M8NZKX3B
  • Fullmoon wrote:

    Disclaimer:
    First of all, this thread isn’t about removing full loot in any way from the game.
    Call this a pleb/casual/carebear thread, I couldn’t care as this is meant to help the overall performance oft he game for all kinds of players.



    Hey Devs,



    I love this game. I get that you want this game to be ‘hard’ in its core. And I like this too. I think you did a great job from the beginning (that tutorial is lackluster though) to the very end (black zone is tense). But there is one area of the game that has to be revised:



    It is the red zone.



    The Royal Island, as stated by you, is an area dedicated to be a transition from the comfort to the non-comfort zone. The yellow zone is doing this in a great way as you can accustom yourself with the ganks, zergs and escape mechanics that will be a major part in the black zone.



    But the red zone is somehow missing its point:



    • You are in the non-PVP zone.
    • Then you enter the yellow zone with flagged players attacking you.
    • Then you enter the red zone which is the same as the yellow zone but you will also lose all your stuff.



    Considering that the overall casual player is not happy with losing his progress while entering the red zone (which is somehow required in terms of mats) the full loot mechanic in the red zone is kind of harsh.



    Example:
    Player X is new to the game and doing fine in the green/blue zone, levelling its traits to get into the yellow zone, gathering stuff and levelling in the yellow zone and then enters the red zone, just to be ganked, losing all his gear and accessories in the red. This will somehow reset his progress and will be frustrating.



    This makes the red zone more of a road block than a rewarding transition. Considering the red zone as a borderlands type of area which will also be populated with black zone outlaws (which are more trained in combat) this is not working when it comes to ‘motivating’ people to engage in the sole endgame this game has to offer: the Outlands.


    Here's my Point.



    The Half Loot Theory



    Suggestion:
    Revise the rule set of the red zone. Make it half loot, meaning that you will lose everything in your inventory not equipped. A downed player will lose 33% on top of that to make death even more expensive. You could also remove the flagging and hostile display if the L33D players are whining too much.



    Why you go to the red zone as a new player?

    There has to be an incentive. I suggest adding a high amount of T7 ressources in these areas, making it desirable for both ascending players as well as seasoned PVPers. Make the red zone the brawl zone for new players that push towards the black zone without punishing them too hard.



    Why would this be good for the overall game?

    The current full loot mechanic rule set is fun. But only for the people having the resources to replace their gear quickly. This is something new players can’t do easily, making full loot for them un-equivalently punishing.



    The full loot mechanic rule distribution across the zones also restricts non-aggressive players with a low affinity to risk even entering these zones, making the game for this type of player feeling like an unwelcoming experience that will push them out of the game. And less players mean less profit for SBI leading to a higher risk for the game’s financial health.
    A good idea but it will not be popular

    *read first page of responses*

    yep - thought so

    The issue is man that red zones already have the "flagged" system meaning that i as a gatherer know if a red is in this zone and i can make a decision as to weather to flee - stor at a war camp or hope for the best - this decision can be the difference between me dying or not = that simple

    This is taken away in the out-lands and you will see the big guilds take full advantage of this and basically scare away non aligned gatherers with a couple of ganks

    the great gatherer does the maths and takes cheaper gear out at a less populated time ^^

    red zones are fine in my mind.

    however i like this idea for yellow zones - lose all you non equipped stuff

    this could be a great harder style stance that could make shiz intresting ;)



    just get your strats together and you will be awsome at this game mate

    All the best ^^


    Nobody with experience in this game would ever argue with snowman. Just like his posts because they are right. No need to read.
    Ass Kisser ;)
    Security Alliance Discord - discord.gg/QGv9B24

    My referral - albiononline.com/?ref=CSBTZSDQTP
  • Why are casuals crying so much about losing loot? On yellow zone its extremely rare to get attacked, so you can get up to T5 gear without going to redzone. Why would a new player want to be on redzone if not for the pvp? He probabily wont be able to gather T6-T7 resources so if not for pvp, there is no reason for a new player to be on redzone.

    STOP ASKING FOR THE GAME TO BECOME MORE CAREBEARFRIENDLY.
    The devs are already giving you guys more than enough. You can get all the way up to T7 without ever getting ganked if you know what you are doing.

    If you are not intelligent enough to get T7 on your own safetly, then join a guild, many guilds go group gathering on redzone, that takes away most of the pvp risk.
  • Stormlord wrote:

    A good idea but it will not be popular
    *read first page of responses*

    yep - thought so

    The issue is man that red zones already have the "flagged" system meaning that i as a gatherer know if a red is in this zone and i can make a decision as to weather to flee - stor at a war camp or hope for the best - this decision can be the difference between me dying or not = that simple

    This is taken away in the out-lands and you will see the big guilds take full advantage of this and basically scare away non aligned gatherers with a couple of ganks

    the great gatherer does the maths and takes cheaper gear out at a less populated time ^^

    red zones are fine in my mind.

    however i like this idea for yellow zones - lose all you non equipped stuff

    this could be a great harder style stance that could make shiz intresting ;)




    just get your strats together and you will be awsome at this game mate

    All the best ^^
    I just can repeat myself that this suggestion is regarding new players and their progression to the black zone. I know it's not a popular approach but there will be work to do after launch in that regard. All the 'Boohooo, don't vater to carebear'-voices don't seem to understand that in order for them to enjoy the Outlands, new influx of players has to be guaranteed. Therefore, any tweak in that direction is fine with me. I just provided an idea.


    Why are casuals crying so much about losing loot? On yellow zone its extremely rare to get attacked, so you can get up to T5 gear without going to redzone. Why would a new player want to be on redzone if not for the pvp? He probabily wont be able to gather T6-T7 resources so if not for pvp, there is no reason for a new player to be on redzone.

    Holoin wrote:


    STOP ASKING FOR THE GAME TO BECOME MORE CAREBEARFRIENDLY.
    The devs are already giving you guys more than enough. You can get all the way up to T7 without ever getting ganked if you know what you are doing.

    If you are not intelligent enough to get T7 on your own safetly, then join a guild, many guilds go group gathering on redzone, that takes away most of the pvp risk.
    Hey there, buttercup!

    Sadly I and others won't stop asking for more casual-oriented content and mechanics, because SBI isn't your personal servant for your specific playstyle nor is this game made just for vets from UO.

    BTW: if you call giving a suggestion 'crying' you should really think about your receiption.