How does item power work?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How does item power work?

There are efects adding to item power of certain items.For example on skil ltree last part is adding on maximum + 200 to specific tem item power and + 20 to whole type of items item power.

MY QUESTION is : how does this item power translate into real statistics like damage and damage of abilities?

How much of combat statistics is +100 item power worth?

Is there a way to check it ingame ?
  • I will try to provide a short explanation:

Final Value = Base Value * (Scaling-Factor)^(ItemPower/100)

Example:
    Weapon Damage = Base Damage * (1.0918)^(ItemPower/100)

The base values are set up by us internally, and cannot be seen directly in game. They are the theoretical values if your item power is 0.

The above mean that per 100 item power, the damage of a weapon increases by 9.18%. Note that this add ups multiplicatively.
    • Say you have an item with 300 IP that does 100 damage.
    • An item with 400 IP would do 9.18% more damage, i.e. 109.18
    • An item with 500 IP would do 9.18% more damage than the item with 400 IP, i.ie. 109.18*1.0918 = 119.2 damage, which is 19.2% more than the item with 300 IP.
    Note: this means that the extra damage given per IP, in absolute terms, is not constant. Moving from 300 to 400 IP in the example above gives you 9.18 extra damage. Moving from 400 to 500 gives you an extra 10.02

Also note that for resistances the formula is more complicated. The reason is that mathematically speaking, an AR value of 0 is technically an AR value of 100. So what the system generally does is it takes the armor value, adds 100 to it and scales that. This gets even more complicated if the resistence in question is distributed across different inventory slots. In any event, math-issues aside, the net effect is that your effective resistence power increases by a set relative % per 100 IP.
  • Riiight..
    That system makes lvl progression unreadable for players.
    I understand what you said but its hard for me to tell if this 0.2 item power points/ lvl in destiny board from specialization makes any notable difference.

I'd say it doesn't do anything noticable.

I understand that endgame item power in this system will be more affected than t4 items, it's just that.. how much more?

would you be so kind to make one exemplary calculation for me?

t8 ice staff has IP of 1060
    E ability - ice wind(polish name) does 461 damage and freezes target for 4,34 s according to description in my destiny board.

How much more damage would it do if i had different staff specialization maxed out and it was adding + 20 item power to it?
  • Korn wrote:

I will try to provide a short explanation:

Final Value = Base Value * (Scaling-Factor)^(ItemPower/100)

Example:
    Weapon Damage = Base Damage * (1.0918)^(ItemPower/100)

The base values are set up by us internally, and cannot be seen directly in game. They are the theoretical values if your item power is 0.

The above mean that per 100 item power, the damage of a weapon increases by 9.18%. Note that this add ups multiplicatively.
    • Say you have an item with 300 IP that does 100 damage.
    • An item with 400 IP would do 9.18% more damage, i.e. 109.18
    • An item with 500 IP would do 9.18% more damage than the item with 400 IP, i.ie. 109.18*1.0918 = 119.2 damage, which is 19.2% more than the item with 300 IP.
    Note: this means that the extra damage given per IP, in absolute terms, is not constant. Moving from 300 to 400 IP in the example above gives you 9.18 extra damage. Moving from 400 to 500 gives you an extra 10.02

Also note that for resistances the formula is more complicated. The reason is that mathematically speaking, an AR value of 0 is technically an AR value of 100. So what the system generally does is it takes the armor value, adds 100 to it and scales that. This gets even more complicated if the resistence in question is distributed across different inventory slots. In any event, math-issues aside, the net effect is that your effective resistence power increases by a set relative % per 100 IP.
    what's the heal percent to healing? did it change after yesterday's update? i saw a post saying that it was 1.06^(itemPower/100), but after yesterday's update i think it changed

CHANGES:
    • Adjusted Item Power progression to give reduced IP bonuses at higher power levels.
  • LeBluK wrote:

This stuff looks like university level math functions
    I think that is the reason why they don't put it in game somewhere but answer to questions in the forum.Its gets to complex as Korn stated and I assume most players ask for the formula with the expectation to be able to quickly calculate or worse predict their damage which is a huge task even for just one armor and weapon...
  • For items is the "absolute" damage/armor/etc that is displayed (ie damage per second or "damage") inclusive of item power? In other words if we see a tier 4 blue item that does x DPS and a tier 5 item that also has x DPS but has 100 more IP will the tier 5 actually do the same DPS or is there extra damage due to the extra IP that is not displayed in the DPS value on the item statistics?