Concerns over servers at launch

  • I don't get why you guys have "concerns". We have the experience of the other test launches, we have the experience of ALL the tests in regards to cluster stability when it involves only the presence of a higher than 200 characters ( no point in talking about them fighting)... it's gonna be a lag fest, black-screens at zoning, the regular staff.
    Now the big man comes and tells you, to suffer through it... and maybe after 2 weeks it's gonna drive away enough populations to make things run acceptable. (impressive business ethics there...)

    After 4 years of testing for SBI I learned to have NO EXPECTATIONS... i see some of the vets get it, most however don't, and the new kids have no clue what they signed on for :D
  • On the other hand, right now, a week after launch, servers are working fine again. As the devs said.

    I started seing people in cities and I haven't seen queues for a few days.

    I don't play in US prime time of course.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Stravanov wrote:

    On the other hand, right now, a week after launch, servers are working fine again. As the devs said.
    On off hours. But during busy hours there hasen't been a single day when people don't get several minute blackscreens. And theres basically a server restart everyday cause of issues (not the maintenance).

    The servers are still laggy as fuck and some genious came up with the idea that if Carleon is full you can't enter = you stay in redzone or in other situation you are stuck inside carleon AH or bank and can't leave.
    Ding dong the witch is dead!

    Officer of Nilfgaard (Haamu's party)
  • Stravanov wrote:

    I started seing people in cities and I haven't seen queues for a few days.
    I dont play US prime time either and havent seen another player in fort sterling in over a week. Every single time i visit it (a doxen times a day at least) its just me, the other player models are hidden. This ruins immersion in an MMO. Ive also queued pretty much daily, but not for more than ten mins max.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

    Stravanov wrote:

    I started seing people in cities and I haven't seen queues for a few days.
    I dont play US prime time either and havent seen another player in fort sterling in over a week. Every single time i visit it (a doxen times a day at least) its just me, the other player models are hidden. This ruins immersion in an MMO. Ive also queued pretty much daily, but not for more than ten mins max.
    If you want to feel like a mmo, go to starter village, they don't hide player there so you can have lag there. x)
  • Nervontuxis wrote:

    Illusion wrote:

    99% of the vets aren't talking
    Due to the fact that all we say and have said fall into deaf ears. So why bother when you point out obvious shit and the awnser is always that devs know better or "we will look into it" which basically means we don't care.
    Ofcourse they care, its their work....their income. Do you actually work somewhere, for a company? I don't say I don't care on my work...wth....In what kinda mindset do you stand in your life :P
    Support - Holy magic.

  • Chunderson wrote:

    Midgard wrote:

    This ruins immersion in an MMO.
    Exactly, if I'm not seeing hundreds of people stacked directly atop one another around a communal yet private chest in the middle of copypasted City #12 it boots me right back to reality.
    congratulations on missing the point.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

    Chunderson wrote:

    Midgard wrote:

    This ruins immersion in an MMO.
    Exactly, if I'm not seeing hundreds of people stacked directly atop one another around a communal yet private chest in the middle of copypasted City #12 it boots me right back to reality.
    congratulations on missing the point.
    not really, playing a MMO in big cities were everyone is afk near ah is not a really file like. Just going out on zone and you will feel like a MMO. :)
  • Chunderson wrote:

    Your point being that immersion is a function of visible population density but not any of the absurdities I listed, huh.
    Who'd have thought that actually seeing other players in the major city hubs could be classed as immersion in an MMO eh? Maybe we should just instance every single city for every single player and have done with it. Who wants to see and interact with other players in an MMO anyway.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Midgard wrote:

    Stravanov wrote:

    I started seing people in cities and I haven't seen queues for a few days.
    I dont play US prime time either and havent seen another player in fort sterling in over a week. Every single time i visit it (a doxen times a day at least) its just me, the other player models are hidden. This ruins immersion in an MMO. Ive also queued pretty much daily, but not for more than ten mins max.
    I operate out of Fort Sterling often. My observations are based on that particular city.

    Either way. We can probably agree that the server situation is moving in the right direction. The reason is probably a mix of code optimization and less people online at the same time.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Dumbledoge wrote:

    Ofcourse they care, its their work....their income
    If everyone actually cares because it's their income then we wouldn't need any type of staff motivation or inside marketing to be able to pass through changes. Theres a lot of people who decide to put their own pride and vision cloud the obvious paths. It's in general very difficult for people to admit being wrong, especially in public. It's also very difficult for most people to take advice from random people on a project you have worked for a long time.

    Which results in the fact that some just don't care what others say or think, because they believe they know better. No matter how obvious it is.

    Dumbledoge wrote:

    Do you actually work somewhere, for a company?
    Yeh, own one.
    Ding dong the witch is dead!

    Officer of Nilfgaard (Haamu's party)
  • Nervontuxis wrote:

    Dumbledoge wrote:

    Ofcourse they care, its their work....their income
    If everyone actually cares because it's their income then we wouldn't need any type of staff motivation or inside marketing to be able to pass through changes. Theres a lot of people who decide to put their own pride and vision cloud the obvious paths. It's in general very difficult for people to admit being wrong, especially in public. It's also very difficult for most people to take advice from random people on a project you have worked for a long time.
    Which results in the fact that some just don't care what others say or think, because they believe they know better. No matter how obvious it is.
    Might be so, I just don't like and try not to judge quickly.
    Support - Holy magic.