Last feedback before release

• Last feedback before release

Some of my feedback will be based on older topic I made: Feedback on Galahad
    Some parts of that topic are now irrelevant as there has been major changes during Hector.

Mob Execution:

Like in my old post, the last mentions about mob execution policy was that it will be kept on red & black. After which suddenly the tables turned and the system was removed based on that it's pointless because players will always play safe and that PvE execution is not a real item sink.

The argument that players play safe is not entirely true. The more casuals / safeplay players will ofc very rarely die to PvE after they find the correct dungeons for themselves. However, anyone who is trying to stay ahead of the curve and fame farm quickly, will be taking more risks with gear. During beta3 combat fame is done with gear you don't care about and maxing the result with as small group as possible. PvE content in general is so easy that everything in game is doable at T6.X. However, by saying "doable" it doesn't mean you can't fail and get knocked down due to your questionable gear compared to PvE content you are doing.

This is basically minimising risk, maximising fame. This would be a lot more difficult if the PvE content was actually more difficult and did execute. The punishment for getting knocked down is not a punishment at all.

The argument that PvE doesn't provide an item sink: I would want to see SBI statistics on Beta1 (before instanced portals), on how much gear per player was trashed at T7-T8 veteran morganas. Also including how much extra PvP ensued after a bad pull that got 1 from the group killed. (Showed on map). During those days, going to T8 Veterans was a big group effort, there was no point in going there with under 10 guys and everytime we had revive potions with us - and they were needed.

Also on my old post I gave a link to how no mob execution policy is being abused in PvP situations. This changed slightly with an update, but the same trick is still viable. Even tho it's a skill based trick to pull off, it isn't a good or interesting mechanic for PvP encounters.

Comparing PvE experience of Beta1 to Beta3:

• In beta1 combat fame was fought over like a precious resource. The few extremely good famefarm maps were under constant fighting and players could expect to find pvp on these great hotspots.
    • Beta1 PvE mobs were stronger (in comparison) to beta3. As in easier to solo, easier to do top fame farm content with lower amount of players.
    • Mobs don't execute anymore: That results in making combat more of a chore like gathering than something that requires a player to stay awake.
    • Mobs have higher variety in Beta3. Thats a great thing, but we are still at the stage that all mob mechanics are very easy to learn and counter. (Except that rare melee undead boss, which is like 100 times harder than any other mob or boss in game)
    PvE lost all excitement after mobs became so easy to taken down and mainly because mistakes aren't punished anymore. Losing gear to a bad pull was a part of Albion and was like the devs have long time ago said "albion is a dangerous world". Well, todays Albion is just chores, not interesting gameplay.

Map design / resource balance

In my previous post I mentioned the fact that Fiber is best collected in Steppe, which isn't it's (top biome). That hasen't changed over the course of beta3, but just a while ago the changes were made for swamp mobs to be less aggro. This is a step forward in balancing the resource issue, but its far from a fix.

The overall issue with resource balance is how the nodes are distributed and how much aggressive monsters are there on the biome. Metal has been the easiest resource to gather the entire beta, Fiber second, but only because of the insane clusters that are on steppe maps. Fiber was complete pain to do on Swamp maps and at least on my notes Fiber was (before change to mobs) best farmed at: Steppe - Snow - Swamp. (This was my own notes on how much i collected fiber / h on dif biomes.)

Overall the maps are visually good looking now but tbh, the balance isnt there. One can't say that it's fair that for example Fiber can have upto 22 nodes with-in your screen on Steppe. Where as lumber you will never see more than 6 nodes on your screen, this just comes down to gathered resource amount / time used.

T8 only in watchtower, T7 spawning randomly on watchtower

Both of these im against heavily, the watchtower territories were the core source of materials even before the T8 change was done. T7 spawning on territory was a god send and no matter how players say "you can just raid it" I can say that good luck forming that group up to invade opposing watchtower territory before the node is sucked dry, oh and all this while defending your own watchtowers?

The only way we can generate true competition is by having T7 and T8 spawn on maps (not on territories). On this subject I will again remind how it worked in Beta1. The top materials were on maps that no one could have territories in. This caused massive competition over them.

Ganking in beta1 compared to beta3

Beta1 was truly a dangerous world with all the insane sprint builds that were all around. Now we don't have similar sprint builds available and on a personal note I think thats a good thing. The old system forced open world builds to rotate around on mobility only. However, after removing the sprints we got gathering gear for gatherers. Currently one can say that it is impossible to kill a T8 gatherer. There is just no means to catch them unless they are 3 zones deep in your territory and you get gankers coming from every direction. This is also something that removes a lot of the excitement from the current pvp. Small gank parties know that they can't catch and kill a t8 armor horse even if they tried, top gatherers know they can't be killed. Wheres the fun?

Beta1 was harsh on gatherers but it still wasen't an impossible feat. It just took a lot more patience and quick thinking to keep avoiding the gank squads. We need to move back towards a more exciting "dangerous" world.

Overall PvP experience

Beta1 was without a doubt the best beta for PVP. PvP was constant on red and black zones and everything from combat fame to resources was heavily contested by guilds. Back in my days in Finstack there was a moment when Vendetta kept sending a 5 man wolf rider group to gank 1-2 guys, then run, repeat after 15 mins. This was a viable and a good strat to hurt our overall economy and morale. Would this work again now? Not really, you can see them coming from a mile away with name tags and as a gatherer, they just won't take you down fast enough.

Best part about beta1 pvp was the fact you could HEAR mounts, sprints, wood chopping, fighting.. I mean everything from far away. It became an essential part of skill to quickly pinpoint source of a noise and act on it. Being in a dungeon and you heard sprints meant that opponents are in 2s on top of us. Sneaking up on that unsuspecting lumberjack.. forced radio silence in a raid group. And on top of that, the greatness of having mounts that make no sound :)

Now the PvP experience is lacking in that category. One could argue that "we have more hotspots now than ever" and he would be correct. But overall combat fame is so easy to get now even as a soloer that bringing a huge group with good gear to compete for dungeons isnt worth it.
    Ding dong the witch is dead!

Officer of Nilfgaard (Haamu's party)
  • Bring back tier to tier progression

The way we can wake up the pvp in openworld is by going back to the moment when you actually needed to wear T5 to progress to T6, T6 to T7 and so forth. This forced players to bring good gear out on the open to progress. This system was one of the corner stones why PvP in beta1 was kept more interesting. Your top team fame farm had to be secured, as they were carrying expensive gear everytime. You didn't take T7+ gear lightly into the open world (just so solo a few mobs for shits and giggles).

This is what almost every top guild player is saying. That we have 0 reasons to bring good gear out in the open. Combat fame is everywhere and easy -> no need to compete. PvE content is so easy that no one brings good gear -> again only shit drops in PvP. Theres so much gear compared to item sinks -> mob execution anyone?

Weapon balancing

Perhaps gets way too much focused on by the puplic opinion. Only thing I wanna say is that balancing should be done with small tweaks, not mighty nerfs and buffs. This is how it is done in games like Dota2. So to be blunt: stop over nerfing and over buffing. Rather do small tweaks every week or two until a weapon finds the correct place. Don't be afraid to keep making tweak after tweak. As an example, some years ago Dota2 Juggernaut had fallen off meta completely, only after 5 consequtive buffs (during like 2 months) that hero suddenly became top pick, after which it was toned down by a small nerf and found its good spot. Thats how you balance.

Also with balancing you need to remember that when you nerf or buff weapon A. It indirectly affects several other weapons (comp effectiveness, direct competition between 2 weapons)

Expeditions

I get the idea why we have these even tho personally I would love to see them thrown to the bin. According to dev posts the expeditions are here to cater to players who might only have 15-30 mins and just wanna hop in and kill a few mobs. Sure thats a legit reason and I can understand it. But what I don't understand is that why do these players require unlimited amount of runs in the expeditions? If you are in such a hurry and can't play, I can't see any harm in restricting amount of expeditions by char to 3?

Only reason why im bringing this up is because of botting. I know SBI has a system in place for bots, but it's just a plain fact that catching those more sophisticated bots is next to impossible. And you don't need many of those to cripple the economy.

Alts and LP

Alts in general are a forced thing on us players. Basically ask anyone "do you like having 6+ chars to be competitive?" the awnser is no. We don't wanna do it, but we are forced to by the game design. LP is the reason why this happens (and player islands).

Example Nervontuxis: Start of beta i rolled 6 chars instantly, hit 30d premium on them and let them sit. 1 of those characters only job was to craft my Frost Staves, and even he ran out of LP constantly. This gives a clear unfair advantage over the players that aren't willing to do so. Also it is painfully boring to rotate between accounts and characters, but thats the only reasonable thing to do.

Some say it won't hurt casuals in the long run, well yeah if we talk about 3-4 years from now, sure. But none of the casuals can stay relevant / ahead of the curve if they do not roll at least 3 chars to begin with to get LP all the time.

LP was anyway a system that was in Albion because of F2P model back then, why do we still have it? It only gives advantage to more hc players and forces a ton of alt crap. Just remove LP and the fame requirement you can skip with LP becomes normal fame requirement, or chop it down by 10% or whatever is necessary.

Now after writing for a long time I'm tired and I will possibly come back to add stuff on new posts here (I feel i tackled most issues but not all)

• Nervontuxis wrote:

Mobs have higher variety in Beta3. Thats a great thing, but we are still at the stage that all mob mechanics are very easy to learn and counter. (Except that rare melee undead boss, which is like 100 times harder than any other mob or boss in game)
    For this the solution is ofc more and more variety on mob skills. But one thing that would be easy and fast implemented, would be to have randomisation over when a mob uses a skill. Currently you can count the amount of normal attacks a mob does before he drops skill A. Perhaps make it a bit random?

That would already make a step towards a bit more difficult PvE, considering that skills like Morgana Crossbowman repeater shot skill hurts like crazy if you get hit, but you won't currently because you can just count the attacks before it happens.

• Thanks for the great feedback!

Most of this was covered extensively in previous discussions. I will give a short summary of our stance on each of these points. We are of course aware that opinions can differ on these matters due to the fact that a lot of features have pros and cons, the the decision ultimately depends on how much weight one puts on each pro and con respectively. Doing this, different interests need to be balanced, for us, always with the ultimately goal of making Albion Online a fun and growing experience true to its vision and DNA.

Please see my comments on selected topics below:

Mob execution
    The reasons why mobs do no longer execute are as follows:
    • it encourages more players to venture into red and black zones
    • hence, it encourages more PvP
    • it did not work as a reliable item sink as high end players adapted their PvE playstyle accordingly, with the end result that difficult PvE content was just not played. Off-setting this with better rewards was not possible, as it would cause huge run-away effects for that one PvE team that in fact does manage to consistently kill the best boss in the game without losing gear.
    • it encourages move PvE and allows us to create challenging PvE content that actually gets played
    • With the black market corruption mechanic, the study mechanic and the salvage mechanic, we have a much better and more reliable item sinks at the low end. And at the high end, PvP is the ultimate item sink, being boosted by mobs not executing as this leads to more PvP
    Watchtower changes / T8
    • We will have to do a proper assessment of this post release, and it is something that can be easily adjusted or fine tuned.
    • Design goals here are to give proper meaning to watch towers, and to enable and encourage raiding them.
    • There is a good chance that we will rework / improve the watch tower mechanics in general going forward, as there is so much more potential for them compared to the status quo
    Old Gear Progression (and Beta 1 PvP)
    • The old gear progression, where you needed to use Tx gear to get fame towards Tx+1 gear, caused significant hard progression blocks for most players and created huge snowballing effects for those that managed to deal with it. This causes a lot of unnecessary player churn, and also leads to a rapid burn-out even among hardcore players once the "winner" of that race is decided. We saw that in Beta 1: The awesomeness of that experience was largely due to the really existing first couple of weeks where the "race" was still on as everybody was rushing resources and progression simultaneously. Once the thrill of the rush had worn of, we saw a significant crash of activity across all player groups. The Beta 1 experience all in all was more suited to a seasonal setting, which is not what Albion is going for.
    Balancing
    • It is not our intention to over-buff or over-nerf gear when balancing. We do understand of course that some players, often those affected, will see it this way. I am not aware of any game where this is not the case. This of course does not mean that we don't think we can improve our balancing skills - it's something we are always working on.
    Expeditons
    • Expeditions are much less rewarding than the open world, hence there is no need to limit them. Forcing players who would like to run an expedition into the open world does not work, for multiple reasons. They might not have the time or coordination right at that moment to play open world, or they might just not want to. If you force them to, they can easily play another game. So why would we? After all, these players contribute a lot to the in-game economy, and there is a huge chance that after running expeditions after for a few weeks, they will then "graduate" to more open world play, and then graduate further to yellow, red or black PvP. Successful sandbox MMORPGs (say, Eve) are always happy to have a strong backbone of casual players, as they create the ecosystem needed for full loot PvP and the in-game economy to work in the long term. (for the very same reason, Darkfall in its various versions, always seems to crash and burn rather quickly as they lack such a backbone)
    Alts and LP
    • This has been extensively debated, and there is very little to add to that debate that has not been covered at length before. Please see here and here.
  • Danger: SBI should really consider bringing back mob execution in red+. I believe what they say about the data but what data will not convey is the visceral feel the game has when there is true danger and consequences. Not to mention being different (dark souls?) from the rest of the market. Stand out! Suggestion: what if only certain mobs executed.. e.g. Morgan's and Undead, vs critters or less "cruel" groups?

Resources/Biomes/safe cities: make secondary resources more scarce, and I like the idea of buffing green cities for refining primary resource. Huge plus to promoting trade routes.

T8: the post is spot on. T8 only on a few open maps, make people fight over it.

Tier progression: consider more limits or reduced fame to encourage using the right tier for the right map/mob.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Eron ().

• @Nervontuxis i love your post!!!
    You have 100% right in my opinion. A lot of this changes hurts me so much. Beta3 has a lot cool things like world looks beautiful, gatherer gear, more dynamics pve fights, outland portal looks good aswell.
    I can even accept expeditions portal, its ok, fame is not big there and this is good for casuals.. but everything except this you write about is true. Mobs doesnt kill you (even elites).. where is one/two maps with T8 resources without territories with Prince! (it was cool!), additional zergs dot on black zones, number of hostiles in red zones...

discord.gg/DZtUtGd - join us, we have nuts ! zapraszamy do rekrutacji, darmowe orzeszki dla każdego :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by sdelg ().

• Each time I read a dev response to this kind of feedback I become more and more sure I wont be playing on release. I lost confidence in Galahad that the devs had a good vision for this game as the game no longer reflects what it is advertised as. (You guys really need to go remove your old promotional content from the internet, it no longer reflects what Albion Online is.) You guys seem hell bent on going against the original concepts of the game you planned, and are now implementing things that don't even support your new stated goals. You guys don't seem to know what you are doing, and its starting to become blatantly obvious.

Whats most frustrating is the original concept for this game could have only supported a niche audience. In an effort to scoop up a broader range of players, the devs made a ton of changes to accommodate, and at the end of the day, in 6 months after release when this game is dead, it will still only be played by a niche audience, just not the ones that originally supported the game. This is pure speculation, of course, but whatever... we will see what happens soon enough.

Mobs not executing promotes PvP???

Baffling...
  • Eron wrote:

Resources/Biomes/safe cities: make secondary resources more scarce, and I like the idea of buffing green cities for refining primary resource. Huge plus to promoting trade routes.
    The secondary resources are more scarce.
    When the primary resource has 200 nodes, the secondary is only at 133 nodes.

The problem isn't the overall availability of those, but the concentration.
    If you look at...
    - fiber in mountains, you have like 99% of the fiber concentrated on less then 10% of the cluster. (with overall 66 spawns)
    - fiber in steppes, you have around 80% of the fiber concentrated across less then 20% of the cluster, with overall 133 spawns.
    - fiber in swamps, you have what feels like 100% of fiber across 100% of the cluster, with overall 200 spawns.
    (Those numbers aren't actually calculated - more of an educated guess)
    To rework that, you'd have to change the layouts of those maps heavily (can't have fiber spawn in the arid spots of the steppes, can you? - you'd have to scatter around the water-spots for that. Even more extreme in mountains) and with the reworked maps you'd have to re-arrange the possible node-spawns, which looks like a pain in the a§§ (in development-time).

Now - if you look at the resource-concentration and base the resource-availability on that (e.g. change the amount of fiber in mountains):
    to match the concentration in swamps, you'd have to limit the fiber-spawns in mountains at like 10-20 - which is so low, nobody would gather fiber in there ever again.

Basically: there is not much the devs can do short-term to fix that.
    (At least from where I'm sitting, I don't see an easy fix for that "problem")

Eron wrote:

T8: the post is spot on. T8 only on a few open maps, make people fight over it.
    We had that.
    We had huge nodes of t8 in like 5 clusters per outlands-"island".
    Most of those t8 nodes got emptied un-contested. Be it the fear of the roaming zergs, the irrelevance of t8.0 and rarity of t8.2+, or simply dumb mechanics of afk-gathering for 4 hours on one node.
    If you scattered those huge nodes into smaller ones across those few cluster, T8 spawns would look like T7 does now - one node behind every 2nd corner. With that distribution, you can't reliably gank the gatherers or "defend" the nodes.
    You would again have "strong" guilds holding/defending high-tiered clusters, and some random guild-less solo gatherers sniping every single resource while the big guilds can do NOTHING about it. <- that mechanic was bad.

To have a "working" alternative, it needs to be a compromise between "defend-able by strong guild" and "available to less zergy guilds".
    Current watchtower-exclusive mechanics favors the defend-able part much more then the availability. A fix could be to have designated areas for t8 spawns with a fix respawn-timer, but without the guards...or something like that. So you could still reliably defend those nodes, but if you don't - then small guilds/groups could steal those much easier then they can now.

Eron wrote:

Tier progression: consider more limits or reduced fame to encourage using the right tier for the right map/mob
    At least pre-hector, we ran the t7 veteran dungeons with t6/t7 reaver and like t5-t6 flat gear with zero problems.
    A fix could look like: reaver-bonus is item-power(=item-tier) based. It wouldn't give you those fancy +100% buff to fight t7 mobs, if all you wear is t5 flat (=like 700 ipwr or something). You could still try to fight them, but it'll be a lot less efficient, since your kill-time will be lowered.

As for the other things:

I still see Expeditions as a waste of development-time. Even though the rewards are sh!t, players would rather queue up for that instead of searching for a group to do the more rewarding dungeons in the open world.
    Limiting things is a bad solution, but you could "soft-cap" those, e.g.: first 2-3 runs give decent-ish rewards, and after that you get only like 10% of what you get now. Then it'll be more efficient to kill bunnies in front of the city then do expeditions^^

Alts and LP had some big discussions, as Korn already posted.
    My opinion is similar to op, it's not fun to run alts - but it's necessary to stay competitive.
    My beef specifically isn't with "alts", since I like having 1 alt in cities to do the farming and trading while my main is 10 clusters away ready for gathering. For me, the LP are what makes it difficult. A "fix" would be to make LP account-wide and have it "upgrade-able", e.g.: first character premium gives +20 daily LP, 2nd character on premium gives another +10 LP/day, and 3rd character on premium would give the remaining +5 LP/day.
    There are alternatives to keep SIs' income from "premium" while "fixing" the system. Only problem I see is the soon release and the difficulties of changing that system without a wipe.

btw., nice feedback. Certainly more constructive then most of the other threads, which are on the border-line to being considered "rant"^^.
  • i would love you guys to bring back the Tierx+1 gear to fame , it will be nice to have nice loot in open world , then 5 guys with t4 gear faming nonestop in black zone , get lots of fames , and when they die they lost nothing . it would make the player have to pay more attention when they r faming too . And remove the name tag you can see when some1 running near you ( but not on your map ) it make the game not fun anymore ...
  • ntall1 wrote:

Mobs not executing promotes PvP???

Baffling...

Korn wrote:

it encourages more players to venture into red and black zones
    Sums it up.

Currently, you have a LOT more activity in high-tiered dungeons/raids compared to same content in beta1 (where mob-execution was still in)
    In the past, most of the PvP in dungeons/raids was because one party specifically went for PvP. So, they ran around ganking/zerging all the PvE-parties - which mostly ended pretty one-sided. (the veterans here know the old Keeper-Raid...where you went for PvP instead of getting PvE-fame^^)

Now, most PvP during PvE is because both parties actually PvE!
    There is so much more activity in high-tiered dungeons, that players have to fight each other over the mobs.
    (by that, I mean during the active/progression-time...not during end of beta where everything is dead)

IF mobs executed again, more then half of the red/black PvE-activity would go back to yellow or even expeditions.
    Increasing the rewards would not help, since only a limited amount of players would risk doing that content, and would snow-ball from there.
    Forcing players into that, with like a tiered progression, would make people quit, since they can't progress after t6, because all the t7+ dungeons would be camped/defended by "zerg-guilds".

The idea behind "no more mob execution" was to have room for more challenging content - which I'm still waiting for.
    Maybe if mobs get difficult as fck, at least to a degree where players won't be able to run t7 group-dungeons with their cheap t5.0 set, maybe then they won't complain "PvE too easy"
  • Korn wrote:

With the black market corruption mechanic, the study mechanic and the salvage mechanic, we have a much better and more reliable item sinks at the low end. And at the high end, PvP is the ultimate item sink, being boosted by mobs not executing as this leads to more PvP
    In openworld PvP or in dungeons no one uses good gear, as it is never needed to defeat the content without breaking a sweat. Like I said, even if mistakes are made, it don't matter.

The fact that more people venture into Red / Black promotes low gear pvp. And low gear pvp is not what people want, people want to fight over things. To contest valuable areas, not to have meaningless skirmishes every 10 minutes with T4-6 gear.

So your item sink for top gear isn't there, its only happening in GvG.

Added with the amount of resources we now have compared to previous betas (several times faster to get sets) we are over flowing quickly with "shit" gear. Which we use to farm the top PvE content in the game. So yeah, no sink for top gear outside of GvG

Korn wrote:

it encourages move PvE and allows us to create challenging PvE content that actually gets played
    Currently theres nothing ingame that isn't doable in crappy T6. So here where everything goes badly wrong.

Whats the point in ever using high gear in PvE if I can do the most difficult fame farm dungeon in T6? Why would I ever risk bringing 7.2 / 8.1 + gear to pve?

The obvious problem here is that overall the PvE content is far too easy with no risk involved. If i was forced to bring strong gear to progress fast, perhaps then there is a risk, but currently you can solo to 100/100 without breaking a sweat.

Korn wrote:

Old Gear Progression (and Beta 1 PvP)

The old gear progression, where you needed to use Tx gear to get fame towards Tx+1 gear, caused significant hard progression blocks for most players and created huge snowballing effects for those that managed to deal with it. This causes a lot of unnecessary player churn, and also leads to a rapid burn-out even among hardcore players once the "winner" of that race is decided. We saw that in Beta 1: The awesomeness of that experience was largely due to the really existing first couple of weeks where the "race" was still on as everybody was rushing resources and progression simultaneously. Once the thrill of the rush had worn of, we saw a significant crash of activity across all player groups. The Beta 1 experience all in all was more suited to a seasonal setting, which is not what Albion is going for.
    You need to understand also that Beta1 resources were scarce. Now we are over flooding with resources, it's a completely dif playfield. Currently getting T6.X is an easy job (in gear and in fame) for any casual. Back in Beta1 you didn't throw T6 gears down the drain 20 sets a day without thinking, now you can.

Korn wrote:

Expeditons
    Your reply kinda gives me the idea that botting isn't an issue. It will always be an issue and expeditions only strenghten the possibilities of avoiding detection.

• Korn wrote:

hence, it encourages more PvP
    So I have to in a way disagree to this statement. Statement holds true that more people venture into Red / Black. But we lack meaningful pvp. Thats the whole point.

Amount of PvP encounters go up
    But amount of meaningful PvP encounters go heavily down.

By meaningful I mean fighting with gear that isn't free anyways or fighting about something important (like T8 resources).
    Chests aren't very important in general and only promote fairly small scale fighting.

• I didn't play as much as Nervontuxis but I think he is right for most of his suggestions.
    I'm doing a lot of openworld PvP and it's not as exciting as it could be.

If someone have a good mount it's impossible to get him even if you are 5/6 trying to catch him.

In dungeons most of people doesn't have any decent gear since like what Nervontuxis says: Bosses and PvE and general lack challenge AND risks. We only have rewards.
    I know the game is a lot about grinding but you could manage to make it more exciting.

Same for gatherers.

I love the game, trully, but I'm afraid it will drop off after 2+ months.
  • Nervontuxis wrote:

Korn wrote:

So I have to in a way disagree to this statement. Statement holds true that more people venture into Red / Black. But we lack meaningful pvp. Thats the whole point.
    Amount of PvP encounters go up

By meaningful I mean fighting with gear that isn't free anyways or fighting about something important (like T8 resources).
    Chests aren't very important in general and only promote fairly small scale fighting.
    The actual risk of getting executed and losing your gear to mobs wouldn't increase the gear level people bring to PvE. Quite the opposite. I have to agree with Korn on that.
    However, should the PvE be harder - definitely, yep. That might do the trick.
  • maxchaos wrote:

Nervontuxis wrote:

Korn wrote:

So I have to in a way disagree to this statement. Statement holds true that more people venture into Red / Black. But we lack meaningful pvp. Thats the whole point.Amount of PvP encounters go up

The actual risk of getting executed and losing your gear to mobs wouldn't increase the gear level people bring to PvE. Quite the opposite. I have to agree with Korn on that.However, should the PvE be harder - definitely, yep. That might do the trick.
    On top end content (PvE) they would have to in order to do the dungeons. OR bring a ton of more players.

Generally during beta3 we did T7 blue dungeons in T6 - T6.1 with anything from 4 to 15 people. Most optimal was by far at 5-6. But with such a small group we only could have 1 healer, one mistake in pulls (extra archer) and we had people on their knees. The reason why we ran with low gear is because in case we get into pvp we can't lose anything except trash.

If we wanted to max fame with a small group, we definitely need to bring better gear if the mobs execute to make sure we don't get killed by the mobs. :)

• in other words game is dead after 3 months. if anyone know a hardcore game let me know. Albion is going full carebare what a waste of time.
    Henry Ford -
    ♠ "Reunir-se é um começo, permanecer juntos é um progresso, e trabalhar juntos é sucesso."
    ♠ "Se todos estão indo adiante juntos, então o sucesso encarrega-se de si mesmo."
  • Korn wrote:

Alts and LP

This has been extensively debated, and there is very little to add to that debate that has not been covered at length before. Please see here and here.
    Yeah, and that thread gave you reason after reason why both alts and LP were detrimental to the game but you chose to completely overlook all the rationale in that thread for one reason and one reason only. Greed.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Nervontuxis wrote:

Korn wrote:

Expeditons
    Your reply kinda gives me the idea that botting isn't an issue. It will always be an issue and expeditions only strenghten the possibilities of avoiding detection.
    Wouldn't botting in an instanced expedition be easier to detect than botting in the open world ? By simply pulling a fame+silver / hour list and look at the source of silver income and history of an account , an expedition bot would surely stand out. They've already shown their zero tolerance policy towards exploits , so now that we already have the expeditions in game they may just as well stay for people to enjoy. I also fail to see what an army of expedition bots with premium running 24/7 can achieve , let alone generate so much silver that it would skew our economy.
  • None of those things would be an issue if the game didn't have fundamental problems.

Everything is watered down and over-simplified so it can run on tablets/mobile, that is the real problem.
    This makes the game boring compared to dedicated PC games, and unable to compete.
    While at the same time, it is a huge disadvantage to pvp without mouse/keyboard.

The only good example of cross-platform success I can think of is Hearthstone, and it is a card game that requires no precision/speed in terms of user input. Even tho it is a dumbed-down version of real trading-card-games, Hearthstone still has enough depth/complexity to keep players interested.