Some questions before I buy it!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Some questions before I buy it!

Hello everyone! So I'm about to take on a new MMORPG and I'm really considering Albion Online, but first I've got a few questions :)

-I think my playstyle could be called something like "casual dedicated'. I mean I can log in daily for about an hour, no more than that, but there are days that I can play for longer sessions (6 hrs+). Do you think that this game suits my schedule?

-I know there are player islands/houses and this aspect really attracts me. I was hoping I could be a farmer/rancher/breeder, have my crops and animals and log in daily to take care of them.
    Are the items gathered from these activities significant? Or you can just also buy them from NPCs/ loot them from PvE mobs?
    Are they rewarding aspects in general? Do they play an important role in the economy??

-The next questions is about those islands; I know there are private (instanced), are there open world ones too? Can people build houses on the open world? Guilds build castles/forts open world?

-What it costs to build one and have a farm? I've read that it requires a subscription.

-About the currency, there are 2 different coins. Silver and Gold, the one is obtainable only with real money and the other through in-game activities? What can you buy with real money? Whats your opinion on B2P accusations? (To me, from what I've read, it seems like a balanced situation).

-Is guild conflicts and politics a thing? Is there enough drama involved? :love:

-Any plans for adding sea/naval content? Thieving/Lockpicking?
    -Animal taming (from bred animals) for combat? What are the animals you can breed and rise now? Is it planned to add more??

-Also till when can I buy the founder packs?

-My dated pc speccs are:
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955
    RAM: 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz (11-11-11-28)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-880GM-UD2H (Socket M2)
    Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
    Storage:111GB SanDisk SDSSDHII120G ATA Device (SSD) , 465GB Seagate Portable USB Device (USB (SATA))

You think it will run without problems/fps issues? (Mostly about massive-pvp fights)

Lastly I own a tablet (samsung galaxy tab E) and a smarhphone (samsung galaxy express 2), can I run it with those devices? Any has experience using them?? This would definitely be a BIG plus for me!

Thank you for your time all! Any answer is much appreciated!!
  • 1.) Islands play a vital role in the economy. You need Food to feed Buildings/Territories in order to craft. They can be lucrative from a rewards standpoint. Some guilds have players who are solely dedicated to maintaining lots of peoples private islands and cook for the entire guilds needs.

2.) There are "Farms" that are adjacent to Building plots in the open world. You can grow crops or animals on these Farm plots. There are houses available to be built on the building plots, but you have to be in a Guild/Alliance in order to live on and defend them from being taken. You can't just build anywhere in the world though. It is a specific type of Plot in the various zones.

3.) In order to have a private island with 1 farm, the cost is 25k silver for that. It will cost you 9k silver for 9 carrot seeds to plan on that farm plot. It does require 1 month of Premium to buy an island. You do not need premium to continue to own the island, but you'd be a fool not to keep premium on your character. You can easily purchase the premium each month with your profits from your farm.

4.) You can trade silver for gold through the market in game. You can sell items you farm/raise for silver to purchase the gold to pay for your subscription with Gold.

5.) You bet your butt it is. There is never a lacking amount of drama between large alliances and their enemies as well as internal bickering.

6.) Not that I've seen...Fishing only.
    7.) Look at the Live stock animals: albiononline.gamepedia.com/Animals
    8.) Up until probably Sunday the 16th with the current benefits.

CPU Specs: Not sure. It runs smooth on my old tablet, but I'd not do anything but tend to my farms or Auction house on it.
  • This game is NOTHING like Ultima Online at all. So don't go in expecting that. I would go as far as to say I seriously doubt any of the Dev's have EVER played Ultima Online.

That aside. The game is ok and you might like it. Your CPU should be OK as well. If you're going to play at all I HIGHLY recommend the Legendary Founder's pack. The perks are OK but the head start on launch, (July 17th) is CRITICAL.
  • Devs said that there have been internal discussions on ships/naval combat and they would love to do it but don't expect it this year or quite possibly even next year. As you might imagine it would require quite a lot of work.

EDIT: Also Legendary is not critical so don't listen to poster above unless your goal is to be one of the top players/guilds but since 1h daily you cant achieve that even if you want... That being said if you like the game you can always upgrade to support developers.
  • Thank you all for your answers! Some of them were rather enlightening!

A huge turn off that I've found is that there is no WASD movement, only mouse and click! I've seen some gameplay videos but I haven't noticed till recently...
    Don't know, this really dissapoints me..

Well also I've never played UO so I can't really compare. Although yeah, UO features and in thoery really appeals to me, but I just can't stand AFK macroing and some aspects feel so dated.

I wish AO had more life skills, more options for farming and animal breeding. I hope they will be adding more regarding the features I'm reffering to the first post.
    But anyway, I'll might buy the 30$ pack before the time ends and see how it works out...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hawkvales ().

• The game isn't even officially out yet. So to compare content of something not out versus that of games that have been around for a decade or more is pointless. More content will be added over time, the question right now is; is the content that's available right now likely to keep you entertained?

I don't know about you but for me WASD movement was never great anyway in MMO's, In other MMO's I'd be using the mouse to turn and move as it's faster, maybe using the strafe keys from time to time to kite. You get used to moving by cursor, though I wish there were more options to choose exactly how and what happens with each mouse button.
  • I was really sceptic to click walking myself, as the only other game I really played with it was RS and a week with Diablo. For me it turned out really well, I now love the way it works.

Except left click should only be for attack and interact, not to move. You can move with right click. This will probably be added as an option doe. :thumbsup:
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"
    - Shigeru Miyamoto
  • Raczer wrote:

Except left click should only be for attack and interact, not to move. You can move with right click. This will probably be added as an option doe. :thumbsup:
    Try to change your mouse-options to RTS-configuration (not shure about the right naming but this option is already implemented) ;) I think that are exactly the settings you want to play with.

btt: Welcome Hawkvales and glad to hear that you'll give AO a chance. I belive you won't regret it.

Zorn sucht ambitionierte Spieler!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rickdolph ().

• Rickdolph wrote:

Raczer wrote:

Try to change your mouse-options to RTS-configuration (not shure about the right naming but this option is already implemented) ;) I think that are exactly the settings you want to play with.
    btt: Welcome Hawkvales and glad to hear that you'll give AO a chance. I belive you won't regret it.
    Hmm, have they changed it? :S I tried that a long time ago, and I remember there was something I did not like about it. Now it seems to work just as I want it doe. :thumbsup:
    "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"
    - Shigeru Miyamoto