[26.06.2017] Test Server Patch Notes (Hector Patch #3)

• Axolotl wrote:

All hide mobs and critters are now standard difficulty (T7 and T8 were previously veteran difficulty).
    +

Axolotl wrote:

Oxen now gain 5% movement speed per tier.
    Glad, you listened and are willing to test it. I would introduce rare elite mobs at random, with higher chances of dropping pups or other components.

Nice quality changes here and there.
  • the rework of the nature is nice and the smal range nerf of the heavy mace fair

but ...

Added new passive Balanced Mind (gives some damage/heal and some resistances)

this will make one handed axe wit mercenary chest even stronger in solo fights
    this combination is already totally OP
  • Axolotl wrote:

• Perfect defenses in GvG (ie victory without losing a single point) will no longer bind you to the territory you were defending.

• Added gear scaling to Infernal Hellgates, starting at 900 IP. This is an experiment that we may revert in the near future.
    • Spirit Spear
      • Reapplying at maximum stacks no longer consumes your stacks. Instead, you lose additional extra energy when reapplying at maximum stacks.

• Energy cost: 4 -> 3

Gvg changes are great. I'd like to see more punishment for fake attacks. And make the t7/t8 creatures unable to be aggro'd during a gvg.

Why gear scaling in red/black hellgates? Nobody that hits max tier is going to want to do hellgates for crappy loot. Keep hellgates competitive. The people that complain about being outgeared should stick to yellow zone hellgates; is that not why they were created?

Spear will be way more convenient now :)
  • Saiph wrote:

I'm honestly just asking, because it seems to me Hellgates are for 5v5 so the risk of losing your higher tier gear is low if you're going against an enemy team of five players with lower tier gear than you. You're almost guarenteed to win, no? So where is the risk in being in your top tier gear? Seems like only reward to me...

Hellgates aren't the only means to PvP are they? If you want to stomp people in your high tier gear that should be more of a risk... such as the risk in open world?
    I legitimately don't understand people like you. You want this to be a "fair" 5v5? Why the fuck would anyone farm hundreds of hours to wear better gear then? This game is about people and guilds building advantages by working a number of systems, crafting/gathering/equipping in order TO GAIN AN ADVANTAGE.

Holy shit, just go play league if you want a super fair 5v5.
  • Vocandin wrote:

New Mushroom seems good but now nature suffers from same issue as spears, resetting stacks due to mushroom (can get pretty hectic), if Q reset didn't happen of 4th tick (maybe follow same idea as spear), then it would be pretty good, still high risk high reward as it requires A LOT of coordination between teams.
    The mushroom will be different with the next patch to the staging server. Mushrooms will apply up to 3 stacks onto allies. If a target already has 3 stacks nothing will happen. The stack won't be refreshed or consumed.
  • Retroman wrote:

Vocandin wrote:

New Mushroom seems good but now nature suffers from same issue as spears, resetting stacks due to mushroom (can get pretty hectic), if Q reset didn't happen of 4th tick (maybe follow same idea as spear), then it would be pretty good, still high risk high reward as it requires A LOT of coordination between teams.
    The mushroom will be different with the next patch to the staging server. Mushrooms will apply up to 3 stacks onto allies. If a target already has 3 stacks nothing will happen. The stack won't be refreshed or consumed.
    does this mean if I put the mushrom on a spot with 10 people, and 5 of them have 3 stacks, the other 5 will get 1 stack?
    or is it still possible for the spell to target the person with 3 stacks and nothing happends?
  • Skb wrote:

does this mean if I put the mushrom on a spot with 10 people, and 5 of them have 3 stacks, the other 5 will get 1 stack?or is it still possible for the spell to target the person with 3 stacks and nothing happends?
    Any ally stepping into a mushroom will activate it. Now the HoT will be applied to any ally in a 5m radius, that doesn't already have 3 stacks. So even if the person has already 3 stacks, he could activate it for his allies with 1 or zero stack. (the spell can affect up to 5 allies, so wouldn't work with your 10 people example)
  • Ricardombjr wrote:

I logged in test server, Leather Equipment didnt change anything and doenst have Balanced Mind ...
    U guys buffing staffs and more staffs, GvGs have the same comps always .. why that preference for mages ?!!?
    Lying patch notes ?( ? i was wondering the same thing, were is the passive and where is the axes 0.5 cast time? What are we supposed to be "testing"
  • Ricardombjr wrote:

U guys buffing staffs and more staffs, GvGs have the same comps always .. why that preference for mages ?!!?
    Well what staves did they buff? Frost and Nature, both underpowered. What staff did they nerf? Cursed, the most overpowered at the moment.

Frost needed a buff with so many comps being melee heavy. While I think the other Frost staves are a bit weak too, the 1H Frost Staff is the most equipped to deal with melee, so buffing it makes more sense
  • Nature buff is super welcome.

Hell gates have been a shit show, you could've just leftem the way they were - a hardcore full loot 5v5 with decent rewards at the end.

No idea why you keep trying to tone down PvP in black zones.

No idea why Oxes and shit are getting buffed, they're hard enough to kill.
  • NATURE CHANGES

Vocandin wrote:

• ^ This is essential. The energy return is negligible but the effects it has in cancelling your stacks now is pretty severe, especially in bigger fights where multiple nature healers will be putting down mushrooms everywhere.
    • I do not like the nerf of the hpt (heal per tick) on the mushrooms, that should be scaled up a bit more. I know its now AOE, which is awesome, but still we have NO DIRECT HEALING capabilities, so buffing that a slight bit would be welcomed.
    • I also implore you to buff the damage on our Poison spell by a significant amount. Spell is mostly worthless now a days and it would be nice to be able to solo a bit more with a nature staff.

HELLGATE CHANGES

• There should only be caps/scales in green, yellow, and red zones --- NOT in black zones. Black zones should be FULL everything! If that means you have to split red/black hellgates, so be it.

MOUNT SPEED CHANGES

• Mounts should be disallowed in GvGs, otherwise I am okay with the changes to Oxen.
    • However, a 20% increase to the mammoth is a bit much. A 10% increase would be more in line.
    • What is making crafters less "killable" if you will isn't the mount speeds as much as it is the gathering gear, which I think was a mistake to add to the game tbh. We were able to escape just fine before if you were smart!

Having said all of that, I don't think folks understand that the Royal Continent isn't where you should be playing in if you are a "hardcore PvP'er", its supposed to be a gradual introduction into black zones where the real PvP is supposed to happen. The problem is that folks are stopped from progression for the most part after T6/T7, so they stay longer than necessary in Royal Continent areas. So the big boys get bored in black zones with nothing to kill and that seeps down into RC. If you made PvP in black zones much more attainable by smaller guilds, I think you would see that most real PvP'ers would not care one bit about what happens in RC.

I would add another zone color --- orange. So that its green, yellow, orange in RC and then red and black in Outlands. I'd tie red and black hellgates together and tie yellow and orange hellgates together. I'd add portals in Caerleon back to a "Queensmarket" central city in RC, that is surrounded by orange zones. I'd also move Caerleon to the center of the Outlands and surround it with red zones, then reset red zones to how they worked in Beta 1. Leaving all reputation penalties to the RC only. Red territories would have T7 resources (much like black territories have T8 now) so it would make both of them attractive to attack and defend. I'd remove ALL T7+ drops, rewards, bosses, expeditions, and resource nodes from RC, moving it to Outlands. Cap everything in RC to T6 and flat only. Enchanted resources, drops, rewards (.1, .2, and .3) would ONLY EVER appear in Outlands zones, bosses, or expeditions and add T1, T2 zones and resources to the Outlands. That would force players to Outlands to get those special resources.

<3 Dani

The post was edited 1 time, last by Danitsia ().

• All non-channeled/cast-time abilities will now no longer interrupt RMB movement.

Is this thing really applied on the staging server? i didn't find them.

at least im very clear that there wasn't Balanced Mind yet.

Tyrannosaurus-rex / RIP
    お前は すでに 死んでいる