Main/Alter strategy

• Brute wrote:

If you want to run only 1 or 2 characters make sure you craft with your main.
    People might call me crazy but crafting doesnt take long. It just takes alot of money and in the last beta's i did make alot of money.
    I can probaly say i was one of the richest people around and i invested it all in crafting without spending lp on it.
    In the end i was able to craft everything in the game up to t7 aswell as some parts up to t8.

Gathering is boring and having to grind it out without LP will take you so long you will prob ragequit the game before even reaching t7.
    If you have to choise between grinding out your weapons gear or gathering i prefer weapons gear and spending the lp in gathering.

Hope this helps you make the right desision for your account.
    Could you please elaborate on that?

What strategy should I follow then? Have a main for PvP/Pve/Crafting and an alter for gathering/refining? That way, with the alter, I can soften the cost of crafting. Please, could u explain ur strategy? Ty
  • it all goes down to how much time you have to invest and what kind of gathering you want to do. I personally going to have skinning (as my main char will use it for half of the equip) and therefore i will use gathering on my main to get fame from animals while i mix it with expeditions + dungeons.

It will not be the most smart move as gathering will suck a lot of my LPs but i rather be able to gain fame all the time in one char to fast track my weapons and armours ASAP.

My alt will do refining and crafting, this will allow me not to focus on any combat skills as my alt will more likely sit in cities.
  • OP: I know one theory is to get 9 different characters all with premium and have them all specialize in one gathering and one refining and then have one character craft each type of item your main character will use. Then your main character only does PvE/PvP grind.

Saya wrote:

can you login two accounts at the same time and pass items between them? like in EVE Online
    yes, but only so long as you don't gather, pvp or dungeon run with both characters at the same time. (so pretty much only to trade between account). you could also add your alt account to your friends list and have them visit your main character's island and drop stuff in the chest on the island.
    Lord of Snacks!
    Ign: SwoopWoop
  • 9 characters sounds horribly expensive, so far the combat/gatherer main and crafter/trader alt on the same account, using the chest method to pass items sounds the most interesting!
    Bank of Albion
    Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
    Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434

The post was edited 1 time, last by Saya ().

• Saya wrote:

9 characters sounds horribly expensive, so far the combat/gatherer main and crafter/trader alt on the same account, using the chest method to pass items method sounds the most interesting!
    The thing with this account set up is that it is entirely self sustaining. If you want access on the 17th, the 300$ is a bit ridiculous; however, you could easily pay for premium on all the accounts with in game currency. I will state that it would be a nightmare to manage.

What anyone considering multiple characters needs to think about is what the gold for premium will cost them in silver, and if it would be smarter to put the extra work in to put premium on that account or to just farm silver on your main and buy what you need.
  • Matsume wrote:

Are you willing to disclose how much silver you have? I made a lot of silver (without purchasing gold) and would love to know how I rank against others what exactly is considered the " a lot" of silver to the richest players in the game?
    I cant tell you how much i had since most was variable and stored resources. I invested 90% of what i earned in new items/materials so my cash stack was never that big but lets say i was handing out direwolfs on daily base and there was nothing on the market that expensive that i could not buy it x10. I had around 40 chests filled with .2 and .3 resources and did own a good amount of the buildings of short wetherford aswell as queensmarket.
    Create your own limits!
  • I really don't understand why have an open skill tree to spec how you like but then have it that you need to have alts to compete..... Still trying to understand that logic of separate lp gains and not account based. I guess they want a maxed out economy and players by week 4. What happened to players needing each other?? But to get back on to the topic of this post i will probably just play one guy and take my time while knowing my crafting won't matter after a couple weeks.
  • Kingsly wrote:

I really don't understand why have an open skill tree to spec how you like but then have it that you need to have alts to compete..... Still trying to understand that logic of separate lp gains and not account based.
    The reason is really simple. Greed. SBI make more money from premium this way.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • Personally my first week strategy is to take it calm. (learn from my mistakes):
    3 Characters is going to be the theme but this is long term.
    At first its only going to be 2: one for gathering and the other for dungeon farming. Concertinaing I'm only going to build my islands on day 3 or 4 I might fall behind just a little bit but I'm not aiming at short term play.

But long term is that I want to be as self independent as possible. It might take a while but it should be a fun thing to work towards.

The main Problem with the first couple of days, why I'm taking my time is the gold/silver ratio.

The second week is where I am going to become serious. Here I will establish the basis for my basis, islands and classes. Heck, even join a guild if I really want too again.
  • Gambit wrote:

All this alt talk. Are you talking about separate accounts ? Or just second characters on the same account?

If I'm looking at a 2nd account or char. What would be my best combo for 2?
    Depends what you want to do.

If you want to play a healer and a DPS, then make one a healer and one a DPS.

If you want to have one combat char and one crafter, then make one combat char and one crafter.

Its pretty simple like that.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Mikhil wrote:

Would this efficiently work on 1 account:

Main: PvP/PvE/Crafter/Gather
    Alt 1: Refiner/Gather/PvP/PvE alt
    Alt 2: Farmer/Gather/PvP/PvE alt
    anything will work, it is more dependent on what experience you want out of the game.

For example if you want a character to wear T8 as quickly as possible. then you have:

Main: PvP, PvE (no gathering as this character's only role is to fame farm)
    Alt 1: Gather (2 resources), Refine (2 resources), Craft (all armor pieces)
    Alt 2: Gather (2 resources), Refine (2 resources), Craft (weapon & offhand) (if no off hand then farm/animal breeding to make own mounts)

strategy: start your day on farming character (if you farm) or start on either gatherer. Gather, refine and craft on both of them use the extras either for research or to sell. Then go on your main and fame farm.

what I am getting at is, your method will give you 3 well rounded characters, but they will not hit the highest tier as fast as other people. If your fun is the experience of leveling and enjoying the game rather than being t8 the fastest possible with one account then what you've suggested is efficient.
    Lord of Snacks!
    Ign: SwoopWoop