A post just regarding to the base 2 handed axes being under-powered (great axe and halberd)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Furinkazan schrieb:

PezDSpnzr schrieb:

lol wtf devs so out of touch, lets further push carrioncaller down the shitter and make halberd (kinda) viable.
      i see they push carrion caller down, yet i dont see a sign of halberd raising.
      I guess I ll! they restate the changes on halberd and it is now
      Current Changes for the next Combat Balance Update, which will go live end of January / early February. (The Staff of Balance change will go live with the first possible patch in January)

Retroman schrieb:

Axes:

• Fierce Strike:
        • The ability has been reworked. It now cleaves all enemies around the player and doesn't require an enemy target anymore and applies Rending stacks to all enemies hit.
        • Cooldown: 2s -> 3s
        • Damage: 72.39 -> 50.02
        • Standtime: 0.4s -> 0.3s
      • Rending Swing:
        • The ability is reworked, it doesn't require an enemy target anymore, It spreads Rending Dot stacks to all enemies hit.
        • The Healing Reduction is removed
        • Damage: 84.35 -> 144.60
        • Hitdelay: 0.4s -> 0.2s
        • Standtime: 1s -> 0.4s
        • Radius: 5m -> 7m
      • Morgana Raven:
        • Hitdelay: 0.2s -> 0.4s

Morgana raven nurf has been increased sadly but useless Fierce strike + Halberd Rending Swing has been reworked.

Fierce strike has been improved, Axes used to be the weapon that has 2 single target Q spell weapon which was awkward since almost all weapons other than tank weapons has one single target Q and one aoe Q.
      now this Q is great since it cleaves around you and spread rending stacks, really useful in PVE, for either tanking or dps, for PVP the range maybe a bit small just like sword 2nd Q, but its still a good rework. And there is a bit problem with it due to the cooldown is longer, so you only have 1 sec to reapply it too keep rending dot stacked, so we may be waiting for some minor improve here. Its great to proc mercs btw!

Halberd instant hit damage has almost doubled and it does not require a target meanwhile being having aoe damage and spreading dots, Really useful in pve, it may compete with great axe in pve aoe dps since it has shorter cooldown. in pvp,although healing reduction has been removed, but it was never that useful anyways, meanwhile hit delay, range and stand time has been improved, the halberd rework/buff we have been waiting for years has finally arrived.

I would really like to see a cc skill being added to axe W, at least a slow, but that's not likely to happen I think, since devs idea is that axe is to 'sacrifices everything for damage'.

thanks a lot for everyone who is bumping the thread and never giving up. At least halberd will be viable if the patched it out like that without too many changes on rending swing. That is right before I was about to switch into swords.

Meanwhile, a new problem has raised, scythe E is bugged, now it only instant hit the target once instead of twice, and does not cause bleed, taken halberd's place scythe will be the most underpowered weapon in the game if this bug is not fixed.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Furinkazan ()

• Absolutely agree the changes for axes that are in the works seem very cool. The aoe Q is one of the things that has been sorely needed!
      Halberd might actually be worth playing - really interesting!

I also agree on the W skills need some a look!

What baffles me is the Scythe bug, how they can break a hell artifact weapon beyond anything I've seen and not fix it right away? Like the weapon is completely useless atmo

@Retroman how is this scythe bug not being hot fixed?
    • I am not excited about longer cooldown and less damage on Fierce Strike but maybe the AoE makes up for it... At least, I can see it helpful with 1H axe. (which only had single target attacks before)

Halberd on the other hand starts to look interesting.

And yes, the two similar W spells could be looked into. Just keep Deadly Chop and cc immunity. Do not mess the stuff that works...

I’d like to see the axe as a berserker weapon. How about a new W-spell giving extra hitpoints + taunt to make it semi-viable (secondary?) tank weapon?
      IGN : Ravenar
      Discord : Ravenar#2076
      ("on a break")

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ravenar ()

• I think these changes are a great step in the right direction. However as melee some additional gap closer options are needed (cc is life in this game!).

Stacking Q is double hard for AXE since it’s only on target vs self. I really think a stacking 10% slow added to the DOT bleeds would not be OP. Or at least re look at the passives.

Last, axes are pretty much just a strategy of SMASH vs other melee. If that is intended that is fine, it would just be cool too see a bit more variation or options available like:

Small stacking armor pierce - compensate with reduced base dmg. This would be killer on whirlwind for ZvZ. I also think it should be on FIerce Strike.

Combine adrenaline and frenzy, call it Berzerker!

Get more stacking Q and E synergy going with great axe, halberd and artifacts.

(Not calling for OP, just more variety... adjust #s as needed)
    • Eron schrieb:

I think these changes are a great step in the right direction. However as melee some additional gap closer options are needed (cc is life in this game!).

Stacking Q is double hard for AXE since it’s only on target vs self. I really think a stacking 10% slow added to the DOT bleeds would not be OP. Or at least re look at the passives.

Last, axes are pretty much just a strategy of SMASH vs other melee. If that is intended that is fine, it would just be cool too see a bit more variation or options available like:

Small stacking armor pierce - compensate with reduced base dmg. This would be killer on whirlwind for ZvZ. I also think it should be on FIerce Strike.

Combine adrenaline and frenzy, call it Berzerker!

Get more stacking Q and E synergy going with great axe, halberd and artifacts.

(Not calling for OP, just more variety... adjust #s as needed)
      if you add all that, Scythe and Bear Paws will need nerf on Es because that would just be too OP.
    • Ravenar schrieb:

I am not excited about longer cooldown and less damage on Fierce Strike but maybe the AoE makes up for it... At least, I can see it helpful with 1H axe. (which only had single target attacks before)

Halberd on the other hand starts to look interesting.

And yes, the two similar W spells could be looked into. Just keep Deadly Chop and cc immunity. Do not mess the stuff that works...

I’d like to see the axe as a berserker weapon. How about a new W-spell giving extra hitpoints + taunt to make it semi-viable (secondary?) tank weapon?
      just remember fierce strike will be a circular cleave, like clarent E with smaller range. It spreads rending dots too so the air would definitely make up for the damage loss and CD.

Emmmm I would really like to see adrenaline boost being looked into as well, frenzy is just way better than it for axe in PvPs since axe can be too easily kited, frenzy makes up for it better than AB
    • I have to see it to be sure but so far it appears like Fierce Strike is just going to be a smaller version of Rending Swing. Axes will be even more dependent of using Mercenary Armor.

I would prefer keeping Fierce Strike as it is and making the 1H axe E a AoE swing, maybe heal dependent on how many targets are hit.
      IGN : Ravenar
      Discord : Ravenar#2076
      ("on a break")
    • I just wish they'd merge Adrenaline and Frenzy into a single skill some way. Perhaps making the movement portion slowly charge up and last longer than the immunity so players don't lose anything overall and the cooldown can remain low.

This would allow them to introduce a new W skill that they could tie into the E abilities in some fashion so you could limit the impact on the artifacts but provide a boost to the normal 3 axes.

For example:

Winded - Attack the target causing them to bleed for X damage every Y seconds.

Whirlwind - If the target is winded, they will also lose X energy each time whirlwind does damage.
    • owensssss schrieb:

in the future....

when axe users never need to actually click a player....

targetless aoe spin on Q targetless aoe spin on W targetless aoe spin on E
      thats next patch. Fierce strike + internal bleeding + whirlwind/rending swing/scythe

Yea, the be honest that's a lot of targetless spins.

Wondering if they will change internal bleeding to a single target

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Furinkazan ()

• Nvs1980 schrieb:

I just wish they'd merge Adrenaline and Frenzy into a single skill some way. Perhaps making the movement portion slowly charge up and last longer than the immunity so players don't lose anything overall and the cooldown can remain low.

This would allow them to introduce a new W skill that they could tie into the E abilities in some fashion so you could limit the impact on the artifacts but provide a boost to the normal 3 axes.

For example:

Winded - Attack the target causing them to bleed for X damage every Y seconds.

Whirlwind - If the target is winded, they will also lose X energy each time whirlwind does damage.
      Really unlikely to happen. They may have a chance take the idea for arcane but clearly not for axe. And whirlwind itself is already a really stable ability, I doubt they would work further on it.

To be honest, based on what I have seen, devs would usually only rework weapons that is too underpowered which statically no one uses and has really low market demand / supply, and halberd is the case here so they reworked it.

For stable weapons and overpowered weapons, they would usually do some changes on the status numbers, I.e buff/nurf the damage, for example on clarent blade's case they nurfed it's range and stand time, and damage was nurfed few patch ago.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Furinkazan ()