A post just regarding to the base 2 handed axes being under-powered (great axe and halberd)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• These are all great ideas.. here are mine, something a bit different

An Axe user should be able to create soft, juicy targets for the rest of the group by applying DoT bleeds, slows and armor pierce. (Resist is a great idea but its not good for group play)

Passives - Add a slow or run speed skill. Reduce # hits to be more like spear or sword. More incentive to use auto attack.. alternative you could add a small stacking slow to any bleed, but that might be OP.

Qs:
      • Leverage the stacking skill concept with E
      • Add some armor pierce to Fierce strike, or increase current dmg by 10-20%
      Ws:
      • Combine frenzy and adrenaline. 2 similar skills isnt great. What shines here is the Frenzy skill for short immune to CC fits Axe play style. IMO it should also cleanse the caster.
      • Add skill: axe throw slows, or stuns target.
      Es:
      • 1H Axe. Its actually OK for solo/PvE and some PvP. But would probably get more use if you add a small slow on hit - make it a bit more viable for OW/ganking vs other gank weapons. Or maybe add a stacking self resist..
      • 2H Battle Axe: User can cancel Whirlwind. New: Consumes Q stacks - applies X% armor pierce to all hit for x/sec. ZvZ fun!
      • 2H Halberd: Modify Rending strike skill. New: Consumes Q stacks. Add jump and spread rending strike to larger radius on ground target.
      • 2H Carrion: Modify to consumes Q stacks for a heal and damage debuff range. E.g. 225dmg+20% heal debuff; 350dmg+30% heal debuff, 425dmg and 40% heal debuff (T8)
      • 2H Infernal: Modify to consume Q stacks - adjust bleed DOT dmg to a lower/higher possible range
      • New Relic - Dual Axe: new skill Bone Strike! Leap to target (9m) and apply a 1, 2 strike on your opponent. 1st strike applies armor pierce and 3s stun when shattering the bone. The second immediate strike slashes for 250base dmg and applies a rending strike to target.
      *adjust ttl dps as necessary to balance vs other weapons.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Eron ()

• I tried the Halberd with Mercenary Jacket. In theory it seemed like a match made in heaven with the Bleed spreading all over...

Rending swing does not trigger any kind of heal while Bloodlust is active, this must be a bug. @Korn

I was surrounded by skeles, hit Bloodlust and Rending Swing, I got zero heals. Or is it just that killing blow does not heal? I have not used Mercenary Jacket that much...
      IGN : Ravenar
      Discord : Ravenar#2076
      (on break)
    • @Morkiz oh, I am pretty sure dots do heal... At least some of them...? But actually, I was talking about direct damage fom the E spell of Halberd.

Some data:

Bloodlust heals do not show in combat logs. (they do after all)

autoattack heals with Bloodlust
      autoattack killing hit does not heal.

Rending Strike DOT heals with Bloodlust
      Morgana Raven DOT heals with Bloodlust
      Internal Bleeding DOT heals with Bloodlust
      Internal Bleeding DOT killing hit does not heal.

Because heals do not show in combat logs and there is a delay for the heal numbers showing up, it is very difficult to be sure what actually happens. But it seems that killing blow does not heal. Which is fine. Bloodlust is powerful as it is and does not need a buff in my opinion. This could somehow be added to the description. (Every non-fatal damage heal yourself?)
      (on break)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ravenar ()

• Actually I did and the proposed buff is a bit underwhelming IMO.. halberd was really broken in how the AOE hit so this helps. But I don’t think it will be enough. There are a ton of great ideas in several threads for axes, so I’m hoping to see a few get in, especially

1. Improved scaling of Qs with Es (excluding 1h, halberd is OK)
      2. Small adds for debuffs, like adds armor pierce to the non bleed Q; a relook at passives to align mobility with sword and spear;
      3. An interrrupt on Q or somewhere, it’s odd this isn’t there like on axe and spear

Ideally I still think whirlwind could see a 2% stacking armor pierce (reduce dmg) to make it viable for ZvZ, and halberd needs a takedown/gank skill.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Eron () aus folgendem Grund: Reasons

• Eron schrieb:

Actually I did and the proposed buff is a bit underwhelming IMO.. halberd was really broken in how the AOE hit so this helps. But I don’t think it will be enough. There are a ton of great ideas in several threads for axes, so I’m hoping to see a few get in, especially

2. Small adds for debuffs, like adds armor pierce to the non bleed Q; a relook at passives to align mobility with sword and spear;
      3. An interrrupt on Q or somewhere, it’s odd this isn’t there like on axe and spear

Ideally I still think whirlwind could see a 2% stacking armor pierce (reduce dmg) to make it viable for ZvZ, and halberd needs a takedown/gank skill.
      remember this is not league of legends, be realistic when proposing a weapon balance would be a great idea, whirlwind is already and AOE DOT that still allow a certain amount of mobility, i would say althrough the channeling is imperfect since it can be easily interrupted, but its damage is fair after they buffed it, so it is actually okay to take battle frenzy with whirlwind without losing too much of its damage so i consider great axe in a fairly good state.

only the halberd is still currently under powered but devs are going to do something about it soon, so lets wait and see that.

lastly, i would say not every weapon is made to be all-powerful, some zvz weapons are weak in ganking and some ganking weapons are useless in gvg and zvz. bringing great axe into zvz clearly isnt a good idea, it has no cc, there are more than enough peels to interrupt whirlwind and you will die right the way after you have rushed into the enemies even if you take plate armor.
    • Furinkazan schrieb:

Eron schrieb:

Actually I did and the proposed buff is a bit underwhelming IMO.. halberd was really broken in how the AOE hit so this helps. But I don’t think it will be enough. There are a ton of great ideas in several threads for axes, so I’m hoping to see a few get in, especially

remember this is not league of legends, be realistic when proposing a weapon balance would be a great idea, whirlwind is already and AOE DOT that still allow a certain amount of mobility, i would say althrough the channeling is imperfect since it can be easily interrupted, but its damage is fair after they buffed it, so it is actually okay to take battle frenzy with whirlwind without losing too much of its damage so i consider great axe in a fairly good state.
      only the halberd is still currently under powered but devs are going to do something about it soon, so lets wait and see that.

lastly, i would say not every weapon is made to be all-powerful, some zvz weapons are weak in ganking and some ganking weapons are useless in gvg and zvz. bringing great axe into zvz clearly isnt a good idea, it has no cc, there are more than enough peels to interrupt whirlwind and you will die right the way after you have rushed into the enemies even if you take plate armor.
      Ive never played LOL... Any buff/cc for axe should be countered with a DMG debuff. My point reference is the sword line which the devs stated was considered the sweet spot (not going to dig up the string).

Anyhow not pushing for an OP axe line, just a bit more utility options. This game is 90% cc, and the axe just can’t compete. Look at the kill boards.. axe isn’t there, and more dmg isn’t going to solve the problem.

Or just this: albiononline.com/en/news/Build-Spotlight-The-Glaive

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Eron ()

• Eron schrieb:

Ive never played LOL... Any buff/cc for axe should be countered with a DMG debuff. My point reference is the sword line which the devs stated was considered the sweet spot (not going to dig up the string).
      Anyhow not pushing for an OP axe line, just a bit more utility options. This game is 90% cc, and the axe just can’t compete. Look at the kill boards.. axe isn’t there, and more dmg isn’t going to solve the problem.

Or just this: albiononline.com/en/news/Build-Spotlight-The-Glaive
      well it's true that even daggers has cc now.

But from me experience through out the beta, the devs are really unlikely to rework a skill or a weapon now, all they will do is just change some numbers.

And I mentioned LOL just in reference such that devs for Albion online really isn't that actively, or maybe not have the economicly power, or just doesn't like, to largely change a gear. And ideas from a few players now, after the beta/alpha phase has ended, are not usually being used.

It's good that you are actively thinking, still I would recommend you think in a way that you think if it's possible for the devs to act, they don't always make big moves.

This thread was posted pretty long ago and I didn't know that much about how the game runs. I love to see how everyone come up with awesome ideas, yet this thread has no meaning now since they are many changes to axes, if you guys feels there are more should be done, pls feel free to start a new thread and share your ideas.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Furinkazan ()

• owensssss schrieb:

no one was talking to you. you havent replied on here in months, youre just too dumb to follow the discussion

Furinkazan schrieb:

i did look at the the patch notes, this thread was made before the release, for some reason people like to dig it

He is the OP ;)

I agree, lets see the the next update (halberd buff?) and maybe move discussion to one of the other axe threads...

On second thought. Now is the time to give the devs feedback as only now it seems that they are looking into the axe line. It has been neglected for so long.

NDA Balance Playtests
      Axes:
      • Rending Swing:
        • The ability, doesn't require an enemy target anymore.
        • Hitdelay: 0.4s -> 0.2s
        • Standtime: 1s -> 0.4s
        • Radius: 5m -> 7m
      • Morgana Raven:
        • Hitdelay: 0.2s -> 0.4s

Pesonally, I do not see any point in the Morgana Raven nerf (even if maybe small one). Also I am curious about "Standtime" and what values other weapons/spells have. I have not seen it much before. I assume Mighty Chop has a big value?
      (on break)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von Ravenar ()

• That stand time value was a huge deal with mighty chop. was super frustrating as soon as you break their resists they have all that room to distance themselves ||

I’m glad they’ve been playing with that value across multiple weapons. Like they hit Clarent with a larger stand time.

Another thing I need to check. Ambush dmg buff use to only apply on the first tic of Whirlwind I wonder if that’s been fixed and applies to the whole duration.
    • owensssss schrieb:

That stand time value was a huge deal with mighty chop. was super frustrating as soon as you break their resists they have all that room to distance themselves ||

I’m glad they’ve been playing with that value across multiple weapons. Like they hit Clarent with a larger stand time.

Another thing I need to check. Ambush dmg buff use to only apply on the first tic of Whirlwind I wonder if that’s been fixed and applies to the whole duration.
      I hope they make the ambush dmg buff for 5 seconds. Or even 3.
      (on break)