Focus cost for watering crops needs reduced.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Focus cost for watering crops needs reduced.

Doesn't it seem a bit ridiculous that I can't gain enough focus in a day to water all the crops on my island? I understand the mount, livestock nurturing cost being where it is.... but wow putting water on crops takes that much focus... really?

If you don't want to change focus costs, can you re-evaluate the cost of seed?
  • Appreciate the fast response, but I disagree. A single character should be able to water/nurture their whole island in a day and not only 50%.

A potential solution would be to increase the seed cost, reduce the yield of focus so that you only get a small chance of double seed yield, and a player could successfully water a single T6 island daily. This is a "daily chore" after all which the economy will rely upon....
  • I water / nurture enough to get seeds/ animals for the next day and have focus left over. Watering/Nurturing every crop is a waste unless you are trying to sell the extra seeds/animals.

What I do is water enough to guarantee enough seeds to replant... example if I harvest 18 wheat and have 10 seeds left after replanting I know I have to water 8 to have 100% chance to have 18 tomorrow... the amount I have to water varies because of the RNG but I water / nurture all I need every day and have focus left over... If you follow Korn's comment and water 50% you might get enough for the next day but if you are unlucky with the RNG you may not... my way is 100% chance and amount watered varies from day to day.

However, having a Level 6 island right away is a waste... you won't be able to water / nurture 5 fields / pastures until you get some mastery built up. At first no more than 2 fields, then as focus cost goes down add more 1 at a time.

Skb wrote:

watering a crop saves you 2k silver, you can probably make more than that with craft returns, havnt really crafted anything since they changed the craft focus costs
    How much it costs you varies with what crop/animal..

If you plant 9 carrots and don't water you will have to spend 9k for the next days carrots. (18k once global discount is gone)
    If you plant 9 pumpkins you have a 93% chance to get a replacement seed but only 1 seed missing will cost you 15k... double without global discount.
    Same with animals but they go from 2.5k to 15k each.. double once the discount is gone...

Mounts 12.5k to 3m... Especially with mounts I wouldn't risk it.
  • Nijek wrote:

Skb wrote:

watering a crop saves you 2k silver, you can probably make more than that with craft returns, havnt really crafted anything since they changed the craft focus costs
    Clearly you are ignorant of the facts and should not be responding to this thread as you have no clue what you are talking about.
    two examples
    • t3 crop costs 2500 per seed, and you increase the seed yield by 80% upon watering, 2500*0.8 = 2000
    • t8 crop costs 15000 per seed, and you increase the seed yield by 13% upon watering, 15000*0.13 = 1950
    the most valuable crop to water is potatoes, at 7500*0.27 = 2025
  • Skb wrote:

Nijek wrote:

Skb wrote:

Clearly you are ignorant of the facts and should not be responding to this thread as you have no clue what you are talking about.
    two examples
    • t3 crop costs 2500 per seed, and you increase the seed yield by 80% upon watering, 2500*0.8 = 2000
    • t8 crop costs 15000 per seed, and you increase the seed yield by 13% upon watering, 15000*0.13 = 1950
    You ideally want to gain a 100% chance to return you seed after you harvest the crop, so if you fail to return any seed from lower end crops (e.g. T3 wheat @ 2500sp) you are down 2500sp for the seed which you don't return to replant. Take that x five fields, at 60% yield with no focus

45 patches x .60 = 27 patches that would return seed (assuming your luck is consistent with 60% yield), meaning 18 failed seed patches x 2500sp = 45,000sp in seed you have just lost, go with Korn's statement of getting 50% of your crops watered, that means you effectively halve your 45,000sp to 22,500sp per day you would lose in farming T3 wheat utilizing 100% focus, slightly more than "2k silver"
  • Nijek wrote:

Skb wrote:

Nijek wrote:

Skb wrote:

two examples
    You ideally want to gain a 100% chance to return you seed after you harvest the crop, so if you fail to return any seed from lower end crops (e.g. T3 wheat @ 2500sp) you are down 2500sp for the seed which you don't return to replant. Take that x five fields, at 60% yield with no focus
    45 patches x .60 = 27 patches that would return seed (assuming your luck is consistent with 60% yield), meaning 18 failed seed patches x 2500sp = 45,000sp in seed you have just lost, go with Korn's statement of getting 50% of your crops watered, that means you effectively halve your 45,000sp to 22,500sp per day you would lose in farming T3 wheat utilizing 100% focus, slightly more than "2k silver"
    watering a crop still gives you ~2k silver, you are just coming up with random numbers, I mean ok lets go with 1 million farms, thats more than 2k silver? yes ofc, but watering a crop still gives you about 2k silver, and I think you can make more money from crafting returns, im sorry for trying to help you
  • Skb wrote:

watering a crop still gives you ~2k silver, you are just coming up with random numbers, I mean ok lets go with 1 million farms, thats more than 2k silver? yes ofc, but watering a crop still gives you about 2k silver, and I think you can make more money from crafting returns, im sorry for trying to help you

Depending on what you are crafting you could be correct, especially at first when it costs 1k focus to water 1 crop. But in the beginning does it really matter if you water a crop or use your focus on the T3 or 4 crap you are probably crafting?

Managing is the key.. if you have raw materials to craft with that are worth more than crop seeds craft with focus first and only water if you have leftover focus... if you don't have any good materials then water first...

Remember that you can only save 3 days worth of focus so you need to use it up on something so it isn't wasted.

Also, the more you farm (or anything else) the more the cost drops... my cheapest crop is 195 focus to water... At max masteries it will only cost 125 to water... takes a long time to get to max tho :)