[Updated 11.07.18] Regarding keys purchased from 3rd party sites

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• [Updated 11.07.18] Regarding keys purchased from 3rd party sites

Hi everyone,

We have recently received a higher than average number of complaints about deactivated Keys, which were purchased from third-party sellers. Thus, we would like to elaborate on the situation:

Keys available for purchase on sites other than our own Shop (albiononline.com/en/shop) or directly from Steam are in most cases purchased using stolen credit card data. Criminals use that data to buy keys through our shop and then immediately resell them for a lower price through other marketplaces. Once these fraudulent purchases are discovered by the card owner, or a card gets marked as stolen, a chargeback is initiated on the purchase made with us and the key gets automatically deactivated as a result and the associated account(s) suspended for fraudulent purchase.

In short, you end up with a non-functional Key and in most cases you will also lose any money you have given to the third-party seller. If the price seems to be too good to be true, it probably is.

Please do yourself the favor to only purchase through the official Albion Online Shop or through the Steam Store, as it is the only secure place to purchase Albion Online Keys.

Update 11.07.2018: this is a very current issue again, specifically with a well-known (or in other words: notorious) key seller, hence me pulling this reminder back up.

-Talion
      Losing my insanity would mean I'm losing everything: the dreams where I can fly.
    • Talion schrieb:

Hi everyone,

We have recently received a higher than average number of complaints about deactivated Keys, which were purchased from third-party sellers. Thus, we would like to elaborate on the situation:

Keys available for purchase on sites other than our own Shop (albiononline.com/en/shop) are in most cases purchased using stolen credit card data. Criminals use that data to buy keys through our shop and then immediately resell them for a lower price through other marketplaces. Once these fraudulent purchases are discovered by the card owner, or a card gets marked as stolen, a chargeback is initiated on the purchase made with us and the key gets automatically deactivated as a result.

In short, you end up with a non-functional Key and in most cases you will also lose any money you have given to the third-party seller.

Please do yourself the favor to only purchase through the official Albion Online Shop, as it is the only secure place to purchase Albion Online Keys.

-Talion
      Thanks this is a true fact many illegal key selling sites, and Gold Selling sites use "Stolen Credit-Cards" which are very easy to obtain to purchase and launder money in the game,bottom line is not to purchase Gold / Silver, or CD Keys from illegal sites, as they will often do a charge-back, and then you lose your account and get banned. This is not the only horrid part about buying gold though, If you do purchase currency from a illegal site, Don't be shocked, when these gold sellers use your credit card on other game companies sites and such to purchase currency, and then you end up doing a charge-back if it even gets processed because you did make one purchase from the said site whatever that maybe.

Another thing, a few people have missed, and got banned from Albion for, DO NOT exchange currency across games or outside services including Money, Favors, or other game trades I was reading a post on another site the other day where a player got banned Because they did not read and understand the Terms OF Service. So I suggest everyone reading this understand this or go read section 10 of the Albion Online Terms & Conditions because they will ban you on first offense with no appeal.

I am just posting this here because not many people like to read the long Terms & Conditions, or many people don't understand it, in fact a lot of people just skip over it and click the "I AGREE BUTTON" only do posts and spreading knowledge about buying gold, or exchanging currency for favors actually inform people a lot of the times, and I felt I should post this here so people are aware of this, and no one gets banned like the other player I was reading on the other day who made a mistake.
    • KuroiAida schrieb:

Why you created this topic?
      It's just natural selection.
      Many people try to pay less and get everything... Like myself, but depending on the game I'm gonna purchase...

Everything new, I support the developers by buying at their store, other games, which are 1+ year old, I wait for a sale or look at my "site", which is trusted by many people

So, it's just a nice move, to "remember" people how many "fake sites" work
    • Devidra schrieb:

KuroiAida schrieb:

Why you created this topic?
      It's just natural selection.
      Many people try to pay less and get everything... Like myself, but depending on the game I'm gonna purchase...
      Everything new, I support the developers by buying at their store, other games, which are 1+ year old, I wait for a sale or look at my "site", which is trusted by many people

So, it's just a nice move, to "remember" people how many "fake sites" work
      Sorry, you failed that selection
    • Talion schrieb:

Hi everyone,

Keys available for purchase on sites other than our own Shop (albiononline.com/en/shop) are in most cases purchased using stolen credit card data. Criminals use that data to buy keys through our shop and then immediately resell them for a lower price through other marketplaces. Once these fraudulent purchases are discovered by the card owner, or a card gets marked as stolen, a chargeback is initiated on the purchase made with us and the key gets automatically deactivated as a result.

In short, you end up with a non-functional Key and in most cases you will also lose any money you have given to the third-party seller.

Please do yourself the favor to only purchase through the official Albion Online Shop, as it is the only secure place to purchase Albion Online Keys.

-Talion
      T/Y for letting us know, but here is a good question I would like to ask the dev team?

If people are allowed to buy keys and commit fraud against your company by selling them for like $1 off ebay a person buys and then that account gets banned because the legitimate owner of a credit card charges back...

Then why don't you have it fixed so when a person creates an account they can only buy the game and it unlocks it automatically on the account instead of selling a key to people that can be sold to others in this illegal way?
    • ILoveKittensDoYou23 schrieb:

Then why don't you have it fixed so when a person creates an account they can only buy the game and it unlocks it automatically on the account instead of selling a key to people that can be sold to others in this illegal way?
      I guess, because gifting is kind of like an expected feature nowadays. If they didn't have a system like this, people would ask for it. Doesn't matter if they give a key directly or send it to the gift recipient. Instantly attaching a game to an account wouldn't be a good way or well, I'm not sure this is just my opinion.
      Suhdude.
    • ILoveKittensDoYou23 schrieb:

If people are allowed to buy keys and commit fraud against your company by selling them for like $1 off ebay a person buys and then that account gets banned because the legitimate owner of a credit card charges back...

Selling keys is legal. "Grey Market" Sites that sell keys usually do not use credit card fraud to obtain their keys. They usually buy the keys in countries where they are cheaper.

Counter Stike GO on Steam cost 15$ in the US, but in Turky it is just 7$.

There is no way to obtain a cheaper Key to Albion Online. Nevertheless, there could still be someone that bought the game and now wants to sell his key. He obviously cannot charge you as much as the official store – so he has to be cheaper.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von seveneddy ()

• seveneddy schrieb:

ILoveKittensDoYou23 schrieb:

Selling keys is legal. "Grey Market" Sites that sell keys usually do not use credit card fraud to obtain their keys. They usually buy the keys in countries where they are cheaper.

There is no way to obtain a cheaper Key to Albion Online. Nevertheless, there could still be someone that bought the game and now wants to sell his key. He obviously cannot charge you as much as the official store – so he has to be cheaper.
      Well actually there is ways for example if I bought $100 pack didn't redeem it and then decided I want to sell it for $75 to someone I could?

The only problem is that although mine would be legitimate there are a lot of illegal people who sell keys using stolen credit-cards and stuff.

But if its a big problem then why didn't SBI just fix it so buying a game or copy automatically applies it to a users account on purchase.
      And yes I have had to charge-back a few items especially high value items because of internet scams before.
    • ILikeKittens8539 schrieb:

seveneddy schrieb:

Well actually there is ways for example if I bought $100 pack didn't redeem it and then decided I want to sell it for $75 to someone I could?
      The only problem is that although mine would be legitimate there are a lot of illegal people who sell keys using stolen credit-cards and stuff.

But if its a big problem then why didn't SBI just fix it so buying a game or copy automatically applies it to a users account on purchase.
      And yes I have had to charge-back a few items especially high value items because of internet scams before.
      if you bought $100 pack, but change your mind after you have to fill support ticked and ask to cancel operation or initiate a charge-back.

Any character, or account bought on third-site have a good opportunity to be banned any time, when system will flag it as account sharing, etc. Same as previous owner can sell it and at same time initiate charge-back.
    • Maemi schrieb:

ILikeKittens8539 schrieb:

seveneddy schrieb:

Selling keys is legal. "Grey Market" Sites that sell keys usually do not use credit card fraud to obtain their keys. They usually buy the keys in countries where they are cheaper.Counter Stike GO on Steam cost 15$ in the US, but in Turky it is just 7$.

Well actually there is ways for example if I bought $100 pack didn't redeem it and then decided I want to sell it for $75 to someone I could?The only problem is that although mine would be legitimate there are a lot of illegal people who sell keys using stolen credit-cards and stuff.

if you bought $100 pack, but change your mind after you have to fill support ticked and ask to cancel operation or initiate a charge-back.
      Any character, or account bought on third-site have a good opportunity to be banned any time, when system will flag it as account sharing, etc. Same as previous owner can sell it and at same time initiate charge-back.
      I mean keys not trading accounts if a person buys the key but doesn't activate it and sells it through a 3rd party site like most are likely illegal, but there are a few people who might just decide to sell it for a discounted price?

This is why keys should automatically activate on the account they are purchased on to prevent gold sellers from illegally selling them?
    • An older browser based game (Merchant Empires) handled the idea of premium time/keys fairly well. A user could buy a pool of 1, 3, or even 6 month keys, for premium game status. They were linked to his/her account. They could then initiate a transfer using existing game systems to any player he/she desired. This would require a little coding and for new players to simply have an registered account.
    • Silbean schrieb:

An older browser based game (Merchant Empires) handled the idea of premium time/keys fairly well. A user could buy a pool of 1, 3, or even 6 month keys, for premium game status. They were linked to his/her account. They could then initiate a transfer using existing game systems to any player he/she desired. This would require a little coding and for new players to simply have an registered account.
      Awesome yeah that is a great idea, or bring gifting to the game in general to prevent fraud so it links to a players account who purchases the game for their friends and such, perhaps offer a small discount for each friends they bring and purchase the game for?